Reviews (1-6 of 6)
- It provides an extremely intuitive and easy-to-use interface, so adapting to it does not take much time.
- It contains the most common programming languages.
- It allows the export of files, either directly to the repository or to the team where you want it.
- It is housed in the cloud so you can work with it from anywhere.
- Allows you to share code or work on them with others in real-time.
- Does not require installation.
- Sometimes it presents slowness when executing some project, which is somewhat annoying because it costs or takes time to execute larger projects.
- It does not contain shortcut keys and it would be useful to execute the projects in a simpler and faster way.
- It does not contain tabular.
- When you open windows to share the codes, they tend to be slow or hang a bit.
This software is suitable to carry out the development of projects on a large scale since it provides all the necessary tools to be able to carry out this process, being something really advantageous since in this way the productivity is increased in a favorable way business.
One of the scenarios in which this tool is not appropriate is for when you do not have Internet access since it is only available online, so if you want to use it in a place where you do not have access It will not be possible.
It is ideal to work from anywhere, not necessarily from the business office so that as long as you have access to the internet it is possible to code and collaborate on projects with other colleagues.
It is also extremely suitable for SCRUM projects since different people can work with the same code at the same time.
- Compile code in the browser.
- To be able to use an IDE for different languages without having to install anything.
- To be able to code with colleagues in real time.
- It integrates very well with other AWS tools, which allows us to streamline and work online with colleagues.
- It is a fairly complete IDE in which you can perform the same tasks as in a desktop IDE, the only thing I feel they can improve is the number of shortcuts key to work faster. For example, it does not have a shortcut to be able to press the RUN button without moving the mouse.
- Needs more support for various plugins.
- It is a great IDE that can be used from any place where you have a connection to an internet network.
- It offers programming languages mostly used for the development of applications or software.
- Allows collaboration through code, allowing you to interact with the other person.
- Its interface is very simple and easy to use.
- It is not necessary to configure files or add-ons for the equipment used since this software provides the same for what is a great time-saving.
- According to the project that is being executed it can become slow.
- It does not have the basic text manipulators.
- Shared terminals sometimes take a while to display.
- Allows you to write, debug and create code all from a web browser.
- No need to install local applications to run code.
- The Cloud9 Dashboard is intuitive and user-friendly.
- We're unable to get into the IDE environment at times.
- Great, fast interface - There is a large list of shortcuts that make development on this IDE an experience that can sometimes even compare to something native.
- Integrated debugging/troubleshooting - AWS Cloud9 has integrated debugging tools that are quite well-designed.
- Lambda integrations - Cloud9 allows you to instantly run and maintain Lambda functions. It's probably the best IDE for developing on AWS Lambda.
- Confusing documentation - AWS's documentation remains quite confusing, and the layout of other services/settings that you have to use with Cloud9 can be a bit of a handful.
- Sometimes slow - As the size of a project increases, the editor gets increasingly slower, and starts slowing down the browser overall.
- Long setup process - The setup for Cloud9 can be hard and tough, especially since the documentation is quite hard to understand.
AWS Cloud9 Scorecard Summary
About AWS Cloud9
AWS Cloud9 Technical Details