AWS Storage Gateway

AWS Storage Gateway Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

AWS Gateway Storage gives me the secure storage I need for my client files. Working as a therapist all my sessions are recorded as required by law and I no longer need to hold hard copy of my files - it works as a back-up system as well for me - as I store information in my CRM database and AWS. Allowing clients access via AWS S3 to only their files is important. Confidentiality unpins my business. I also store all my course modules on AWS, this allows me to know the course content I produce is not sitting on a website or other platform - everything links with one click.
  • Uploads files securely
  • Provides access to selected individuals
  • Works well for a sole trader like myself without associated high costs
  • Ease of finding useful helpful tips on using AWS
  • Dumbing down of the technical jargon on the site
  • Short sharp to the point step videos - answering some common questions
  • Remembering not everyone is an IT person - could be more user friendly
For therapists and clinicians, like myself, who work online and consult via an online platform such as Zoom AWS S3 gives added security and peace of mind. It is easy to store confidential files and AWS gives the level of security demanded by auditors and law. Not having files stored locally on systems is important for the above reasons - as is enabling others to be sent selected files for their review or reminder of session content. Everything to do with my business and customer interactions can be stored in one place and is easy to access for me but not easy for others.
AWS Storage Gateway is currently being used across the whole organization. It solves our backup requirements as well as some logging requirements we need. We just log, ship, and auto backup using it. Initial configurations were a bit tricky; however, this more complete solution did turn out to be more palatable rather than performing more maintenance.
  • It is good for "forever" solutions for backing up data.
  • It is good for S3 attachments to traditional servers.
  • It is relatively easy to manage, once configured.
  • It is fairly difficult to get initially configured (as with most things AWS).
  • It is not always speedy.
  • Relative location becomes important for speed of consistent usage.
If you have a relatively large infrastructure in place and are consistently backing up servers for legal or compliance reasons, this is a good solution. Also, this fits where you may store logs for review in a point-in-time type of ecological view of your infrastructure. Finally, if you have a large reporting delivery (ETL), this is very handy as well as a quick shortcut for delivery of locally generated reports from the servers.
AWS Storage Gateway is used across the whole organization for specific projects, it let us offer a simple storage solution to our customers through a site to site VPN. With AWS Storage Gateway we provide storage devices to our customers so they can upload/download files to/from AWS using an NFS client on their side.
  • Configuration simplicity.
  • Use of standard storage protocols.
  • Easy integration with AWS services.
  • Data encryption in transit.
  • Cache refreshing method.
  • Storage Gateway instance managed by customer.
AWS Storage Gateway suits for connecting on-premises infrastructure with storage services in AWS, in provides standard storage protocols so it's very easy to set up and use. It can be used also as a backup facility for local data with S3 or Glacier as storage backend services. AWS Storage Gateway is also secure as it encrypts data in transit.
AWS Storage Gateway is supported by the AWS Support team, they provide excellent support and great SLAs for our needs.

AWS Storage Gateway Scorecard Summary

What is AWS Storage Gateway?

AWS Storage Gateway hybrid cloud storage connects on-premise resources to the AWS Cloud and integrates with AWS storage and archiving services to create a backup and recovery solution.

AWS Storage Gateway Pricing