AWS Storage Gateway

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of AWS Storage Gateway, and make your voice heard!

Data Written

Per GB

What is AWS Storage Gateway?

AWS Storage Gateway hybrid cloud storage connects on-premise resources to the AWS Cloud and integrates with AWS storage and archiving services to create a backup and recovery solution.

AWS Storage Gateway Technical Details

James Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
AWS Storage Gateway is the most preferred storage platform in our company. It offers both on-premise and cloud storage services for all our data and files. My graphics team relies highly on this product to save our graphic design portfolios and all work that we need for future reference. Security to our data is guaranteed under this platform and it provides faster data transfer rates.
Once we started migrating our service to the cloud, one of the main concerns was the connectivity to storage in AWS Storage Gateway. With AWS Storage Gateway, we were able to easily connect our on-prem storage appliance to the storage solution in the cloud. The caching feature which the storage gateway supports helps us to get frequently accessed data with minimal latency.
Edwin Labirua | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used the AWS Storage Geteway as a virtual tape library to enhance the capacity of our backup environment. The business problem that the product addressed was, it gave us the ability to backup additional servers as we had grown exponentially the last few years. With it we were able to backup important dev and QA systems without impacting the retention policy for our production system.
AWS Storage Gateway offers an easy way to access stored data/files virtually from our cloud servers. This solution effectively links our company with cloud servers to ensure fast, secure, and easy access to company data. In addition, we can back up our data and restore data when need be. In a nutshell, AWS Gateway Storage offers secure storage for sensitive files and ensures fast access thanks to easy linking.
Sahed Khan | TrustRadius Reviewer
AWS Storage Gateway gives us an opportunity to access our stored data virtually from our cloud storage servers. It has effectively linked our company to our servers and offers faster services that are very reliable. Security of our data is guaranteed from our servers since it is screened by our team before we use it for decision-making
AWS Gateway Storage gives me the secure storage I need for my client files. Working as a therapist all my sessions are recorded as required by law and I no longer need to hold hard copy of my files - it works as a back-up system as well for me - as I store information in my CRM database and AWS. Allowing clients access via AWS S3 to only their files is important. Confidentiality unpins my business. I also store all my course modules on AWS, this allows me to know the course content I produce is not sitting on a website or other platform - everything links with one click.
AWS Storage Gateway is currently being used across the whole organization. It solves our backup requirements as well as some logging requirements we need. We just log, ship, and auto backup using it. Initial configurations were a bit tricky; however, this more complete solution did turn out to be more palatable rather than performing more maintenance.
AWS Storage Gateway is used across the whole organization for specific projects, it let us offer a simple storage solution to our customers through a site to site VPN. With AWS Storage Gateway we provide storage devices to our customers so they can upload/download files to/from AWS using an NFS client on their side.