Axure RP

Axure RP Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We initially based our decision on Axure's reputation as the industry standard for prototyping. It is the best as what it does for now, but this is a highly competitive field. There seems to be a new UX/UI tool coming out monthly. I think Axure will continue to be the best for complex data-driven prototyping and we will definitely use them if our projects gravitate towards that area.
Josh Peichoto | TrustRadius Reviewer
Axure RP has its place among the competitors. Every product has its pros and cons. Axure works well for larger and less visual design projects or deliverables. In some cases we might use Axure along with another tool, such as Sketch or Photoshop, to create different deliverables at different stages in the project life cycle.
Sketch and Axure serve different levels of fidelity for our designs. Axure is able to provide rapid, lower-fidelity prototypes that will demonstrate workflows to customers, whereas Sketch is great for higher-fidelity designs that are non-functional, but exact down to the pixel level. In truth, we use both in our workflow, and would be hesitant to go exclusively with one tool over the other.
Kevin J. Hauger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall, Axure RP is a reliable prototyping and wireframing tool that has been around for a while. Due to its longevity, it has a large number of features and a large base of help documentation. Contrary, Axure RP does not always feel as thought out as some of its competitors, such as Sketch or Adobe XD. Axure RP certainly has more "interaction" based features (and I would recommend it over the others) if you're looking to do interactions with your wires. Sketch and Adobe XD provide a more modern and intuitive UI, which I've found has been much easier to bring new hires up to speed with. In summary, use Axure RP if you need robust masters and interaction ability... otherwise, use Sketch or Adobe XD for a more streamlined workflow.
Michael Al-Megdad | TrustRadius Reviewer
Axure is more full features than most of its competitors. We needed the interactivity that Axure provides and that others were lacking in. We also had some individuals on the team that were familiar with Axure from their prior experience and we wanted to take advantage of that knowledge to quickly roll it out.
Stephanie Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I stated, I find myself reaching for Axure less. Though it is certainly more powerful than an other tools I've used, it is also the slowest and least simple to build out a prototype. For quick turnaround for a client, I'll always reach for one of the other programs. For a sendoff to a developer, there's a better chance I'll use Axure instead.
Deionna Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
More tools; and a more professional interface. Balsamic is great for casual projects and simple designs. Axure better suited for mid-level projects. I would like to see features improve in regards to large-scale projects. Bottom line Axure is the best and only mid to high-level solution for UX and UI for Windows.
Jakub Wilk | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were looking for something that we will be able to install on our computer because it is easier to work, we know few other solutions that has better collaboration but is less good in designing, and at the end of a day it is important to have good customer understanding to have less talks with him and save time :-)
November 21, 2016

Really, truly, rapid.

Vishakha Chetan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Despite the three being less sophisticated than Axure, I lean towards them because they make rapid prototyping genuinely rapid. I haven't had to show a clickable prototype in my absence, so I prefer showing a prototype that's more user flow oriented than "feature" heavy.
Axure stacks up pretty nicely against other tools, in terms of available functionality and support for users. It’s probably the best tool I have used to create the most realistic and complex prototypes for sales purposes. However, its interface is outdated compared to other tools, and it’s a less efficient tool than other tools, such as Sketch, that enable users to create and iterate upon designs more quickly. We will continue to use Axure for complex designs, particularly for prototypes that need to be external-facing, but we’ll opt to stick with Adobe XD or another tool for internal use, to save time and energy by using a more straightforward tool.
Lucas Roe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Axure's masters put in an entirely different space from any other tool I've tested. They allow a degree of systemic design that I have yet to see in another piece of software. Sketch (by Bohemian Coding) gets close with its inclusion of symbols. However, until the symbols have the ability to nest indefinitely, Axure's masters still hold the upper hand.
Axure's sharing features are a huge bonus when in a work environment. While that doesn't give it an edge over Marvel or InVision, it certainly makes it more attractive than many other desktop prototyping tools.
March 21, 2016

Axure Review

Rhoni Rakos | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Balsamiq and Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator is not helpful for wireframes because it's basically the same as a sketch with straighter lines. Balsamic is helpful but it doesn't have as much functionality built in, so you can only communicate so much. Its also hard for non-technical stake holders to visualize the final product from those lower fidelity pages.
Since Axure RP is a desktop software that can work without a cloud connection, it is easy to have approved within a highly restricted corporate environment for a low cost with a small team. iRise is a solution that requires greater amounts of management, best service a group of designers in a corporate environment. InVision is cloud-based and, although not impossible, would require a long-term agreement to be made between the corporate and InVision. These could take years. Origami is free and desktop based and has great control of the transitions and data - but is so granular that additional time commitments may have to be made to make a prototype of this fidelity.
We also use some other prototyping tools like InVision, but Axure works great on projects where you start from low-fidelity wireframes (so just boxes and dummy text), creating simple animations, testing out the concepts with users and stakeholders - then translating the same into high-fidelity wireframes. It's definitely more robust than Balsamiq.
May 26, 2016

Axure Fan Club

InVision and Marvel are hotspot-based applications, so you are limited to the types of interactions that you can create. You can create any interaction in Axure by building it yourself with a combination of adding cases to dynamic panels with clauses. Learning how to do a clause in Axure is worth it simply because you can go deeper on functionality and make your prototype seem like a finished product.
Neither of tools around are a complete solution. Axure is the most complete tool in the market at this moment. In my perspective and daily use, the strongest feature of Axure is prototyping for mobile and tablet devices. Axshare is very helpful, but still I wish to have the option to run prototypes offline.

Axure RP Scorecard Summary

What is Axure RP?

Axure RP is a software prototyping tool used by UX designers to plan, prototype and hand off projects to developers, all without code.

Axure RP Features