Score 9.0 out of 10
Backblaze Business Backup

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use. Backblaze Business Backup consists of cloud solutions to safeguard systems and files (e.g Veeam, Servers, NAS, Workstations).

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Backblaze Business Backup, and make your voice heard!

Monthly

Yearly

2-Year

Per Computer

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.backblaze.com/business…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze Business Backup Competitors

Backblaze Business Backup Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Backblaze Business Backup starts at $7.

Carbonite Endpoint are common alternatives for Backblaze Business Backup.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.2.

The most common users of Backblaze Business Backup are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

In general, Backblaze stacks up quite well when compared to CrashPlan. The native desktop app, easier to use interface, and lower yearly costs make Backblaze a far more ideal cloud backup system for home users vs. CrashPlan (which has eliminated their consumer backup option). For businesses, CrashPlan offers some compelling features (keeping backup archive indefinitely, ability to backup network shares) that make it a more viable option, even though it is significantly more expensive.
Mochammad Zachri | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) and Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
We are using Aliyun OSS (Alibaba) as a primary storage server alongside with Backblaze. We are previously using Amazon Services, but our team is choose using another service because of the pricing and the complexity. Aliyun is having much feature, its almost like Amazon but with price-friendly and the documentation is good
Justin Esgar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze constantly will win in price and ease of use. Code42 has gone through multiple transformations, and with their ups and downs we had left on a down and haven't looked back. Wasabi is good, but with their API key system, we have relegated that to only for Synology's with HyperBackup.
The price for cold storage at the Google Cloud Archive tier beats all other costs. We also need a hot copy of most of our half a petabyte on a system with API integration capability to multiple products and B2 meets that need.
I actually use BOTH Time Machine and Backblaze, for belt-and-suspenders backup redundancy. If my house burns down (along with my computer and external Time Machine backup drive), Backblaze has my back. If Backblaze vanishes for some reason, I have my Time Machine backup.
We picked Backblaze since it was super easy to use, understand, and sell to our clients. We did try a few other services and for various reasons like price, ease of use, or other reasons we didn't choose them.
Ed Esposito | TrustRadius Reviewer
Their customer service is filled by millennials, so basically nothing is ever Backblaze's fault.

I tried the service two times, in 2018 and today to see if they'd improved at all. The first time I discovered that they throttle upload speed. They refuse to admit it, but with 900 mbps speed on my desktop, Backblaze UL speed never went over 2.5 mbps.

They refused to acknowledge the many times their software got stuck on tiny finals uploads for hours. Their answer to their many problems was to cancel my service and refund me. That hardly compensated me for dying of old age because of the time it took to finish backing up my files. It was easier to refund me than do minimal work to fix their servers.

I decided to give them another chance to see if anything changed.

Once again, their software got stuck on a 2.5 MB photo. Upon going into a support chat, their manager came online and told me that they agreed to refund me and banned me from using the service again because I complained too much about upload speed.

Ellwood Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze has excellent reviews, and I felt me and my client's data was secure. BitLocker had a recent security issue I read about, and you have to have Windows 10 for business to use it. Norton is an excellent and reliable product, but the experiences I have had with Norton backup and Norton Security is it gets into the guts of your operating system. For a larger company, I can see that being a good thing as you can lock down a computer. Larger companies also have IT techs and system administrators who specialize in those systems. I am a small one-person business. It complicates my business and my life when software takes over a part of my system. Does something that is interrupting me or preventing me from doing something because it thinks it's providing a high level of business security for a large business environment. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I hope it does. As it turns out, Backblaze, for the price, was the simpler product that provided me backup and restoration with the encrypted security that I needed.
December 13, 2019

Backblaze is great!

Backblaze B2 offers very similar service as these providers, but at a much better price per GB. I've been able to vastly provide better and more cost-effective service in regards to my backup offerings because of B2 storage. It's a fantastic service with an insane price point that just works.
November 12, 2019

Set it and forget it

Dropbox and Google Drive are both very popular file syncing/backup services that I use regularly. Backblaze is more "low-level" than them, providing more value in lieu of user-facing features like granular multi-device syncing, easy file-sharing, and online document collaboration. They serve different markets and both have a place in my workflow.
Chris Gabriel | TrustRadius Reviewer
While Backblaze plays an important role in my overall data redundancy strategy, I continue to use Dropbox Business for certain key assets I need granular access to. I use Apple iCloud passively as well as a local Apple Time Capsule. For a single-user setup, Backblaze provides an important high-level restoration possibility.
Chris Tuley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having been a customer of Dropbox for many years now, I feel like I have a good grasp on what the company offers. I have friends and colleagues that use Dropbox as a pseudo-backup system. I think this is a huge mistake. Go with a company like Backblaze that specializes and focuses on whole system cloud backups.
I previously used CrashPlan before they pivoted their business model. CrashPlan was fine, and has feature parity with Backblaze. I was motivated to move from CrashPlan to Backblaze for 2 reasons - 1, as they pivoted, they increased their cost, which was frustrating, and 2, because they had always had a java-based client that wasn't as performant as a native client. Backblaze is so unobtrusive because of its highly performant client, and I couldn't be happier.
October 02, 2019

Decent value for backup

Calin Popescu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze offers similar functionality and simplicity to many of these systems. In terms of value, it would be a bit better but we are really comparing small amounts at this time. All other backup systems offer similar recovery times with similar pricing, however, Backblaze is a little cheaper per gig based on our testing. For us, recoveries using Carbonite and Acronis were excruciatingly slow, thus giving us an incentive to look elsewhere. Backblaze is not much quicker but seems to work a little better. If Backblaze is a 6 or 6.5 out of 10 the others are close to 6 in terms of overall value. Our opinion is that at this pricepoint and backup reliability it is an individual comfort decision rather than a quality/value decision.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
While Dropbox is great at sharing files with others, it's not the best at recovery and their price keeps increasing. I stopped using the Pro version when I found Backblaze, and I continue to use it for file sharing, but not long term storage. In that sense, they're different products, and Backblaze is the clear leader for my company.
August 14, 2019

Highest Margin Ever!

Daniel Cauley | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is the cheapest storage option, but it doesn't have disaster recovery like the other options on the market have. Also, you can't spin up and use the data live like you can on AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Storage to use in the production of a product.
June 23, 2019

I am a convert!

So there are two ways in which Backblaze stacks up well against its competition.
  • For a while I backed-up files at my home office using a combination of free or "freemium" services, depending on the relative storage limits. These limits are typically less than 100 gigabytes. When I started looking at the cost of paying a monthly subscription fee to one of those services, Backblaze started to be much more cost-effective, with no limits on file size storage.
  • While I was originally skeptical of backing up my whole system, it turns out this is a better model than just dragging and dropping files to a specific folder that gets uploaded to the cloud. I guess I was originally worried that backing up my whole hard drive would be a giant drag on computing resource (slowing my computer down), but that has not been the case with Backblaze.
I selected Backblaze because they have unlimited storage and the best pricing. Their app is also very lightweight compared to other solutions.
March 14, 2017

Backblaze for the win

Stephen Yoder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze had the most features at the right price. We had also experienced some data loss on other backup services. So far, all of our data has been secure and readily available when we need it, without high recovery costs like some companies.
Gary Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze surpasses the other options by enabling backup of attached hard drives - a feature that when I last checked, none of the competition offered. That's huge for me, with externals full of data. Carbonite is close to BackBlaze otherwise, but lacks this key feature.

iCloud/Dropbox aren't true backup services, so they're not on the level with Backblaze.

Mozy Pro is comparable to Backblaze, without much visible difference.