Score 9.0 out of 10
Backblaze Business Backup

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use. Backblaze Business Backup consists of cloud solutions to safeguard systems and files (e.g Veeam, Servers, NAS, Workstations).

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Backblaze Business Backup, and make your voice heard!

Monthly

Yearly

2-Year

Per Computer

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.backblaze.com/business…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze Business Backup Competitors

Backblaze Business Backup Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Backblaze Business Backup starts at $7.

Carbonite Endpoint are common alternatives for Backblaze Business Backup.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.2.

The most common users of Backblaze Business Backup are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Backblaze is used to backup individual and mission-critical computers to the cloud. Backblaze is primarily used to backup file servers and accounting computers that contain Quickbooks. The main problem Backblaze addresses is off-site backups in the event of a catastrophic incident on site (fire, theft, etc.) that would affect local backups.
Mochammad Zachri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze used by our company as backup storage server and internal storage server, we used another service for main storage server. Backblaze is chosen because the price reason, its cheap (not the cheapest) but the quality is good but not the best . It has a good starter package too with a reasonable price. and thats why our company choose Backblaze.
Justin Esgar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is being used not only internally to back up our computers, but we supply it to our users to back up their computers. Using a tool like Backblaze eliminates the need for the users to remember to plug a drive into their computers, which they will eventually forget to do. Backblaze backs up over the internet, and continuously – meaning the users' data is always backed up.
We currently use it to back up 1 of our local productions (multiple large raw and edited video, audio, and photos) and are looking to use it for hot cloud backup across the org for all local productions once we integrate with a DAM later this summer.
We use Backblaze for clients who need file-level backup (Windows or MAC agent) and also to backup some on-site NAS appliances that we have deployed with our clients with the B2 Cloud. Backblaze allows us to have one central console to manage all our client's data and we can easily see alerts if something is not backing up properly.
Ellwood Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is my primary backup and recovery. As the owner and sole preparer of a tax business, I need a reliable backup system. Backblaze automatically performs a nightly backup that is encrypted and stored off-site. I needed it this year, and I was able to recover my client data securely. It filled that gap and worked.
December 13, 2019

Backblaze is great!

Backblaze is being used as a cloud backup location to integrate with our Cloudberry and Synology backup products. It's helped us provide more efficient backups at a substantially reduced cost compared to other providers. It's one of our core sales products and is used across the company in sales.
November 12, 2019

Set it and forget it

I use Backblaze on my personal computer. It gives me an unlimited secure offsite backup of all my data, including connected storage devices. The price of $5/month is fantastic for the value and peace of mind I get out of it. If my computer were stolen or damaged, I would be able to request that Backblaze send me a hard drive in the mail with all my data on it.
Chris Gabriel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Backblaze to mirror the important data on my work laptop. As I am the whole organization and my laptop is my primary tool used in providing service to my clients, this is key to the survival of my business.. The service Backblaze provides is important to my peace of mind, knowing there is a fallback to my fallback!
Chris Tuley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use BackBlaze as a worry-free cloud backup solution for my laptops. It is crucial that I have my media (photographs, video footage, edited videos, etc.) stored in multiple locations and BackBlaze has been the best choice for my cloud backups. I currently use it on 2 laptops and I could not be happier.
Backblaze is being used to backup user's data to Backblaze's cloud. This off-site backup strategy lets me be assured that my data will be secure should tragedy ever strike (flood, fire, etc.). Backblaze does this backup unobtrusively, users hardly notice the applications is ever backing up their data in the background because it does so intelligently - waiting for periods of inactivity before performing the backup. I love that aspect of it - a set it and forget it backup.
October 02, 2019

Decent value for backup

Calin Popescu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze is currently being used to backup desktop information. Due to its limited capabilities it is only backing up data not the entire system thus only the recovery of data will be possible in case something happens, however, this system does not require system, software or any other information recovered.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Backblaze as my primary backup for years. I have terabytes of files that are important to my business - if I lost them I'd be destroyed as a business. Backblaze allows me to back up an unlimited amount of data for a price that's only changed once in the last decade, and the ability to download files you lost is very easy and painless. They've saved me from hard drive failures multiple times. I travel often and knowing I've got a backup solution that follows me across the country is worth every penny.
August 14, 2019

Highest Margin Ever!

Daniel Cauley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Backblaze and Backblaze B2 are the cheapest backup solution for any MSP looking to do backups on endpoints that contain no medical or other sensitive data that require server-side encryption. It is so extremely cheap that most of your clients won't even believe the prices you can charge per TB even if you put a 1000% markup.
June 23, 2019

I am a convert!

I use Backblaze for backing up important files in my home office. It serves a couple of purposes:
  1. I am trying to go more paperless, primarily as a way to increase my flexibility. But with that comes increased risk that there is a computer issue and then you lose important documents. Yes, there is always a risk with paper that there would be a fire or something, but with modern construction techniques, fires are relatively rare. It is more common, unfortunately, for computers to one day just stop working altogether (including, potentially, a hard drive).
  2. With the passage of time, more and more critical documents are received in a digital native format rather than paper. So each year, the number of important documents that I have digitally seems to be increasing.
We use Backblaze to back up our primary workstation. It is used to store important files we don't want to lose. Backblaze is a great solution that allows me to back up my entire workstation (including external hard drives) without having to worry about running out of cloud storage space. It also automates everything so I don't have to constantly worry about backing up manually.
December 05, 2017

Backblaze on fire!

I am using Backblaze as a single user to back up my work computer. Backblaze works in the background and keeps a mirror copy of every file on my computer without any involvement from my end or any need to set up the backup process. When I do need to restore a file, I simply log in the online interface and restore a file. It's all very simple and secure.
It's currently used as an automatic backup of machines at our company. Often times, a coworker's computer will break or they will download a virus or they need to be ported to a newer model for some reason. It allows users to port over their previous environments quickly and easily.
At my previous organization, the entire team used Backblaze. It was a mandatory part of the onboarding process to have both Backblaze and a physical backup hard drive set up for one's computer. As a software company, the vast majority of the value was stored in our computers, and we trusted Backblaze as the most important safety net for protecting this value.