Balsamiq is simply a quick way of drawing out your idea and is easy to pick up and put down. When you launch Balsamiq, your previous …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Balsamiq, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
- It is very much user-friendly.
- It reproduces the experience of sketching on a whiteboard but using a computer.
- The handwritten design is unique which lets designer focus on the design.
- It allows the designer to arrange pre-built widgets using a drag-and-drop editor.
- InVision and Justinmind
InVision and Justinmind both work very well and have great tools for collaboration and making interactive mockups. With Justinmind, I have done some app mockups that felt almost functional because I even used real assets. But unfortunately, a lot of time and dedication is needed. It can be good if your application isn't too big.
In this case, I mention powerpoint because we have also used it to make some mockups based on assets we already had. Just by cutting, pasting and cropping different images and assets.
- Axure and InVision
- Paper App
- Axure and UXPin
Sketch gives more interactivity over Balsamiq but is limited to Mac users.
UXPin has easier palettes to move around than Balsamiq but Balsamiq is easier to use than UXPin. Balsamiq is easier to check in and check out to the branch since its offline.
- Interactive prototypes
- JQuery Widget libraries for website and mobile applications
- Masters which allow for updating of every page of your website wireframe from a single location similar to how CSS changes run right through the whole site.
- Produce functional specifications in Microsoft Word format that document the interactions, annotations, and even content in your design.
- Adobe Illustraor, Adobe Photoshop and Axure
Moqups is painful to use and it's a monthly subscription.
Although I have not used Adobe Comp, the learning curve is so high, it cannot even come close to the ease of Balsamiq. And Illustrator and Photoshop for mockups is a joke if you are a designer AND a developer. I don't have time for all that nonsense!
- Sketch and Adobe Photoshop