BambooHR Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Hayden Anderson profile photo
Bamboo HR is primarily used by our recruiting and HR teams, but all of us have access to it. It is very helpful when trying to find a phone number for a co-worker who isn't in the office or monitoring Slack (etc). I also love that you can get more information such as addresses, departments, and more in the tool as well.
  • Organization and UX is a huge plus.
  • The experience is simple and fast.
  • The website/app is easy to navigate and use for all sorts of things at work.
  • I think that better trainings would be great.
  • It would always be nice to have awareness raised for specific use-cases in each given department.
  • Integrations with other tools would be awesome as well.
It is well-suited for medium to large sized companies who need to keep benefits, data, employee info, and more all in one safe and clean place. It may be less appropriate for teams that don't need this sort of data on a daily basis. It is definitely an "internal-use only" tool from what I can tell.
Read Hayden Anderson's full review
Rebecca Mogollón profile photo
Everyone in our corporate office uses BambooHR to track our paid time off, our jury duty time, our HR documents, to see who works at our company, their contact information, whether they are out that day or not, and to view information about any new employees that have been hired recently.
  • BambooHR is super easy to log into and has a very intuitive user interface.
  • I love the technology being used -- you can hover over items and get a quick look at what you want to know.
  • It's easy to see how many hours you will have accrued at a certain date (UltiPro did not do that, as I recall).
  • It's very easy to use the "Who's Out Today?" feed link to put into your Outlook calendar and view who is out without logging into the browser.
  • I would like the desktop directory widget to include if the employee is out or not. That would be a game changer.
  • The files section could be more visually appealing, but it still does the job.
  • Maybe a discussion board for the community? I don't know, just trying to add 3 points into this area.
I love its simplicity and ease of use. I think this is an area in which a lot of other HR software is lacking. Its use of graphics is strategic but not overwhelming. I really like the little "New Employee!" announcement area where you can see and read about new employees before they even start. It's super easy to log in whenever you need to quickly check something out.
Read Rebecca Mogollón's full review
BambooHR is being used across the entire organization to help manage PTO, give a centralized directory of employees, and organize departments. It's especially helpful in keeping employees in contact with each other. Personally, I like his way it is to use. Very simple to log in and see how much PTO you have remaining.
  • Organize people: easy to pull cell phone numbers to reach your colleagues outside of work.
  • Manage PTO/all time off: intuitive interface.
  • Integrates with our SSO: easy to manage the application.
  • Could use more in-app training of features to take advantage of.
  • Easier dashboard for daily consumption.
  • More integrations with apps I'm already using. I.E. Google Calendar
I feel that Bamboo HR is well suited for start-up environments where employees are changing/ being added at a rapid pace. May be less appropriate for massive organizations where there needs to be a lot of customization done within the platform. Overall, I feel the majority of companies could benefit, however.
BambooHR is used company-wide to track PTO. It offers a company-wide calendar, visible to all employees, to allow transparency in seeing where employees are on a day to day basis. Examples include: work from home, vacation, sick, or jury duty. We did not have a system in place to track PTO, so this is the main problem it addresses.
  • Adaptability. Anyone can use this system. It is user-friendly and makes tracking your sick and vacation days easy and understandable.
  • Holidays: In addition to showing where employees are on a day to day basis, it displays birthdays and company holidays, reducing email clutter that HR would normally receive.
  • Company-wide calendar: Allows users to see where their coworkers are on a weekly basis, helping them to plan future vacations or see if someone is working from home without the need to reach out directly.
  • We would like to see a more detailed function where employees can log time on a "project" basis. i.e. John Smith works 40 hours per week. 10 on project A, 5 on project B, and the remainder on project C. This would allow better visibility into time spent working and it syncs well with current app functionality.
  • I have no other "negative" things to say, BambooHR does a great job with what it is designed to do.
Excellent for companies that don't have an HR department and are looking for a way to ramp up HR efforts on a PTO tracking basis. The system is user-friendly and does not require training on an employee basis.
Sonny Spencer, ACA profile photo
BambooHR is a flexible HRMS that the business uses to manage employee on-boarding, off-boarding, PTO, etc.

Its excellent reporting module and great UI make for a great experience. Having never used BambooHR before and not receiving any official training, I found it very simple to use and navigate.
  • Intuitive and user friendly UI. They really did a great job with this.
  • Great reporting module. Good set of base reports and ability to easily customize and create your own.
  • Great on-boarding experience. Simplified our workflow and helped automate the process.
  • I found the playform not so intuitive when it came to customizing user role permissions. Again, I had no formal training, so I suspect this is more user inexperience vs a system issue.
  • Very minor, but to access the main company calendar you have to hover over a particular section of the homepage. Employees would often struggle to find this.
  • I honestly cannot think of anything else. It really is a well thought out and designed platform.
I would definitely recommend for smaller companies looking for a SaaS HRMS. It’s cost effective and flexible offering makes it ideal for smaller companies.

I would also recommend for larger companies too - role permissions, workflows, etc. can all be set and managed at a global level. Speaking of which, this system is also suitable for a global company as it allows for differentiation between locations for reporting, work calendars, on-boarding, etc.
Read Sonny Spencer, ACA's full review
Shayna O'Doran profile photo
BambooHR is used across the whole organization of Home Care Assistance. It is a great way to get paperwork signed, request time off, sign documents, see who is out of the office, see whose birthday or anniversary it is etc. It solves the problem of someone from a different location needing to send a document to sign no matter where they are. It is beneficial to request time off and see who is out of town since parts of the organization are not always local.
  • Documents signatures, it is great to get paperwork signed electronically.
  • Time off requests, it is quick and efficient and you always know how much time has been accrued.
  • Celebrating staff on their birthdays and anniversaries, allowing other locations to feel connected.
  • They can improve on sharing document options, some documents are accidentally shared to all offices instead of the one selection the user has chosen.
  • There is not a directory for looking someone up based off of their title - you cannot search a location and title and find who you are looking for.
It is a great tool to allow all offices and employees across the country come to one website to have everything completed. It saves time and is very easy to use. No matter how much technical skill anyone has, they would be able to use BambooHR without a problem.
Read Shayna O'Doran's full review
Richard Gichangi profile photo
BambooHR is human capital management software that is designed for use in small and medium organizations to support them in managing their employees in an efficient manner. It's a software that we use in our company to manage our employees, and it has helped us in great detail to manage our employees, keep them motivated, and administer their benefits on time-- as well as helping in other HR functions.
  • The software keeps the employee's details and employment history safely in a secure database, therefore assuring their confidentiality
  • Helps our company hire the right talent and employees through its applicant tracking system
  • Manages and submits our payroll on time ensuring that the employees dues and benefits and processed on time
  • It's an online solution and it's affected by poor internet connections.
  • Does not integrate much with other third-party business software
BambooHR is suited in all functions and processes of human resource management, from hiring, tracking attendance and absenteeism, payroll management, and employee onboarding among others. It may fluctuate in some functions and appear not suited but it's accurate, and the fact that it's accessible even from a mobile device makes it reliable and versatile to use.
Read Richard Gichangi's full review
Anne Kimunya profile photo
BambooHR is a human resource management software that we use in our company in managing our payroll, tracking the employee attendance and absenteeism, enhancing employee self-on boarding, hiring the right talent and keeping the employee information safe and accurate. The software is the designate HR solution in our company where its used extensively in the whole of our company. It has helped us solve the problem of manually managing our employees and helped us automate our HR functions.
  • Its simple to use and setting up for the first time. This makes it the preferred option all the to organizations of all sizes.
  • Ensures to hire and retain qualified and talented employees through its applicant tracking system (ATS)
  • Its accessible in both mobile and desktop devices
  • In case you fail to log out, the system can be prone to third-party accessing crucial HR records. It needs to shut down itself when left logged in and unattended for some time
  • Its affected by poor internet connections where it appears sluggish and fails to execute core HR functions
BambooHR fits in all HR scenarios where it will streamline all the key HR functions. One scenario where BambooHR fits perfectly well is in management and submission of payroll on time. Its also calculates all the required employee benefits including leave allowance, overtime among others and incorporate them in the payroll and ensure that employees receive their benefits on time and remain motivated always.
Read Anne Kimunya's full review
BambooHR is our HR software. We use it to manage human resources information across the entire company. Employees can use BambooHR to request time off, look up other employees' titles / managers / roles, see new hires, view company-wide announcements, and see who is on vacation that day. It allows employees to get insightful information about their colleagues instantly. Employees can also see an overview of their own job and information: hire date, benefits, documents, travel info, and more. This is helpful to HR as they plan events, arrange travel, etc.
  • Helpful homepage that includes lots of useful information at a glance. I especially like the "Who's Out" section which shows photos of all the employees not in the office. Because we are a global company with lots of offices in different time zones, it's essential to know who's on vacation for communication purposes.
  • The interface is very user friendly. The functionality felt intuitive the first time I used it: I instantly knew how to request time off, look up other employees, etc.
  • The employee directory is very useful. It displays everyone's title, photo, LinkedIn, contact info, etc. It's easy to search by name, title, department, etc. and to create custom filters.
  • I receive lots of BambooHR email notifications announcing new hires. I'd like to reduce the volume of these, or have them combined into a single email (our new employees always start in batches at the start of every month). However, I can't see a way to opt out or disable these notifications as a user.
  • When I initially onboarded and filled out my employee information, the phone number field was uneditable. Not sure if this was a glitch, but I ended up having to contact my company's HR and have them manually add my number for me on their end.
  • I almost never use the "Files" section of BambooHR -- the documents don't seem to be grouped or organized in an easy-to-follow way. Our company uses a different platform to host our wikis, department info, etc.
BambooHR is a wonderful tool for medium sized companies with lots of employees. It offers a very smooth onboarding process for new hires, even before their first day of work, and will reduce the need for copious printed onboarding materials. The ability to look up other employees' information, managers, team info, etc. at any time after onboarding is extremely valuable.
February 19, 2019

We love our HR suite

While working at my current organization, as the company size grew and we started hiring more contractors from different regions, we needed a Human Resources Management system to better handle our growing needs. For a mid-size enterprise, we decided to purchase BambooHR since it's a cloud-based HRIS system that offers us the flexibility that we needed. It is used by our HR personnel to process payroll, compensation, and new applicant hiring process as well.
  • The user interface for the software is simple and intuitive. They release new updates frequently, which makes the app even better.
  • The applicant tracking module has some really nice features. Hiring managers can set up workflows to automate tasks.
  • The software does not provide a good integration path from other tools. We had difficulty migrating our employee data over from Workday.
  • Customization can be a challenge as well, and we have to reach out to the support team to help us out on that front.
This software is very flexible and comes with lots of add on modules that can be used as needed. Some of the modules we frequently use are: Employee self-service, the HR reporting tools with notifications and alerts, and the applicant tracking system for recruiting purposes.
We've been using Bamboo HR for years across the organization. As a global, mostly remote organization it has been key in managing all things HR for us. It also allows great flexibility which is key. We use it to track holidays (which we are able to personalize for each person), vacation requests, and all basic data. The reporting functionality is also great.
  • Reporting
  • Personalization of most features, including holidays
  • Vacation Tracking
  • Initial setup can be complicated
  • Build plan crashes
  • Doesn't have rich ecosystem of plugins
We are a staff of 110 people - it is an excellent solution for that size of company. Once an organization gets larger than 1000 I don't think it would be able to scale. Also, the pricing is a bit steep for smaller organizations. It works well for all of our basic HR functions.
We currently use BambooHR for all HR aspects of the business, including any leave (PTO, sick days etc), as well as the form/signature for all open enrollment/healthcare benefits. There are other aspects that work well for our company, including your favorite bagel!! BambooHR is synced with our calendars so we can see when people are out of office/offline, holidays and birthdays etc.
  • Communication of time off - BambooHR does a really great job of emailing the project management team as to who will be out a week in advance and then also syncs with our calendars. It enables us to manage resources well in advance and avoid any allocation risks.
  • Central system with all healthcare docs/submitting applications etc - Unlike a lot of systems, BambooHR's setup for open enrollment and finding medical docs is really easy. You can fill out/sign the forms without needing to print anything and easily find all the info you need. This also includes 401k and disability benefits as well.
  • Time-off calculator - The homepage nav features a calculator to see how much and what time off you have to use. It's front and center so a good reminder to use it! You can also see how much remaining PTO you have for the year.
  • User Experience - the user experience for personal assessments isn't easy to find. It's a little clunky to use, but still better than other companies (For specifics: All of those links should be featured in the top navigation so it's easy to get to. Otherwise I have to go My info -> performance)
  • Announcements - I receive the email, but have a hard time finding old announcements. E.g. company holidays are announced, but after a few weeks it disappears from the homepage.
  • Documents/Files - These are similar, but live in two entirely separate places, this also goes back to the user experience, but it can take a while to find the document I'm looking for.
BambooHR is a great tool that I don't think we are using to its full advantage. I love that it's customized specifically for your company and provides a reliable central place for everything HR related. Would recommend for any small company that is looking to streamline their HR system. The platform includes anything from PTO requests to peer feedback and personal assessments. You can find colleague contact info, healthcare/401k docs etc.

The tool does however feel a little clunky and hard to find specific docs or where I need to go. I largely use my email to click out through that rather than go to the homepage.
December 02, 2018

Good HR tool

BambooHR is currently being used across our entire organization to track both contracted hourly staff as well as full-time salaried employees. It allows us to more easily track and implement payroll for all types of staff members.
  • I think the flexibility of managing all types of staff from contracted to full-time is a great strength of the system.
  • It simplifies the payroll process and makes it easier to track hours and PTO.
  • The one improvement I would like to see is the option for different employee types, like salaried employees, to pre-populate with standard hours that can be adjusted. It can be tedious to manually enter the hours for each day worked for full-time employees.
I think for companies with the need to track specific times for hourly or contracted employees the system is great and can make the payroll process much easier and more efficient. However, I've used other systems in previous positions that I liked much better for companies that have salaried employees only.
BambooHR is our talent management tool for recruiting and for employee management. The whole organization used it to maintain their personal profile as well as see members of the company and organizational charts. It was really a employee directory across our 4 regions and all departments were represented.
  • Online organizational chart
  • Compensation historical tracking
  • Recruiting tool for applicant tracking
  • We did not have it integrated to our ADP payroll system so historical compensation tracking was prone to manual entry error
  • Printing or exporting of the Visual org chart was clunky. Would be so useful if could export a full image clearly to use in PPT deck
  • When tracking interviewing feedback, could not open the job posting to all collaborator without showing salary information. There should be profile option to have interviewers who can enter comments, without seeing salary details of post
BambooHR is a good basic HR system as a stand-alone for employee tracking and recruiting. It needs more integrations to be truly enterprise-level scale.
Used BambooHR for a HR consulting agency supporting Pharmaceutical Clients who also use BambooHR.
  • Clean, simple, nice looking, easy-to-use interface.
  • Very intuitive. As a user, it's nice to be able to jump in and use immediately. Requires zero training.
  • Minimal clicks to get where you want to go and what you want.
  • Responsive, friendly, and helpful customer service.
  • NO SEARCHABLE CANDIDATE DATABASE!!! What kind of ATS system doesn't have ability to search all candidates in a database? No search, no boolean, no semantic capability, no ability to directly import candidates from any external job boards, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc. This should be what all good ATS's do.
  • Good for HR and handling all administrative functions of recruiters, but really poor capability for sourcers and recruiters.
Appropriate for small HR departments who are looking to automate workflow.

Less appropriate for recruiting firms, staffing agencies, and any HR departments who are serious about having their own in-house talent acquisition or recruiting team.
We use this to keep track of employee contact information, to store all HR related documents and links, to help with benefits packages and to manage certain HR workflows. It is used in the entire organization and can be seen as the HR hub. It always shows the org chart and gives great insight into who is doing what.
  • Great org chart feature
  • Great iPhone app to find a phone number quick
  • Some links are hard to find
  • iPhone app features are light
  • Cleaner document storage
This software works great to manage HR in a growing organization. The org chart is always nice especially for a quickly growing organization so you can keep up with new people, moves, and changes. At the entry level security access, the application is very limited in functionality and it gets more useful as you gain more responsibility.
Mary Racter profile photo
BambooHR has been used to automate HR department tasks such as leave approvals, benefits, loans, and tracking of personal goals for our SME. Previously the above tasks were manually administered, but as the team grew, it was no longer feasible for a small HR team to manually manage certain tasks.
  • Good self-service interface for requesting time off
  • Good centralised employee contact directory and organisational structure management
  • Simple, easy-to-use interface for employees
  • Better integration with project management and finance tracking tools so that leave days and travel expenses do not need to be entered into the system twice
  • Performance tracking interface seems too simple to be effective, but this could be a customisation issue
BambooHR has worked well for our small-to-medium, non-profit organization.
Read Mary Racter's full review
Raphaele Pelaez, SHRM-SCP profile photo
We use Bamboo for on-boarding activities, to streamline paperwork, and to manage tracking vital employee information. We are able to run reports on a daily basis for Vets, EEO, ACA, and other demographic info we need. We also like the feature of being able to send a form out company wide and gather all of the signed forms in one place.
  • The ability to create and send a fillable PDF form is critical to us, we use it daily.
  • We like the ability to be able to add new fields to track info that is important to our company, such as security clearances, or certification an employee holds.
  • This system has made onboarding paperwork a dream.
  • When we use a form that is sent to all employees, we then must print each one individually, there is no ability to select ALL of them and hit print all.
It makes onboarding easy, new hires like the ease and convenience of it, and all your paperwork is stored in one place.
Read Raphaele Pelaez, SHRM-SCP's full review
Right now, BambooHR is used in a variety of different ways. Our HR team uses it for onboarding new employees, in which every new hire creates a profile and the rest of the organization receives a notification about the employee. For the rest of the company, this is our centralized platform where we request time off, pull information about our role, how long we've been at the company, our salary, and electronic signatures we've completed in the past.
  • User-friendly Platform
  • Robust tracking
  • Rich database and records
  • Email notifications are strictly in Bamboo branding
  • Not a great resource for managing training
  • Cannot customize fields
Well suited: A scenario in which Bamboo is well suited is when a growing company recently implements a time-off/vacation policy. In the past, at my company, we were manually tracking this activity through spreadsheets and most of the data would either get muddied or lost. Bamboo allows smaller HR teams to focus on more important items like recruiting rather than worrying about tedious tasks like tracking vacation.

Less suited: An enterprise organization with over 1000 employees may require more robust features, but Bamboo focuses on smaller companies and isn't targeted towards these larger companies anyway.
December 05, 2017

A very usable HRIS

We use BambooHR as a central repository of our HR information and processes, from compensation reviews, to time off scheduling, to tracking of training, etc. We're not yet using it for tracking of benefits because that's tracked by our payroll system, but it's in our pipeline to at least have it synchronized with BambooHR.
  • Usability is great
  • Customer service is very responsive
  • Has a nice set of features that serve different HR functions
  • The ATS is rather basic, works if you're hiring a couple of positions per month, but if you're hiring intensively, you might want to upgrade it to something else, using one of the plugins.
  • Has some good default reports and allows you to create your own, but there are still things that you can're report on, or you need to export as an XLS and work there, to create more meaningful reports.
  • The OrgChart generator is a nice thought, but it's not suitable for large teams, and if you need to show all your team, all you can do is zoom out until it's unreadable.
Works well for smaller companies with limited needs and less ties to existing applications. Once you pass the barrier of 150 - you probably start to experience some of the limitations. Or if you have to integrate with other tools, it can be done through the API, but requires you to do your own development.
December 05, 2017

Work with Bambooligans!

Initially intended to be used to store and manage employee data and documentation. However, we ended up finding that BambooHR was much more effective as an applicant tracking system. We used BambooHR to post jobs, manage incoming applicants and applications, and extend formal offer letters. We also used BambooHR to assist with on-boarding and the completion of new hire employment documentation.
  • Offer Letters - easily "fill in the blanks" to extend a formal offer of employment to applicants that can be signed electronically.
  • Job Postings - allows for very pain-free management of posting new jobs and managing existing postings, including putting positions on hold and closing once filled.
  • E-Document Management - easily attach new hire documents to be filled electronically with the offer letters, such as I9s, W2s, etc.
  • Would like to see the applicant tracking workflow be a little easier to manage, similar to how Workable let's you move and track your pipeline more effectively.
  • Troubleshooting some use of the settings was difficult on occasion, but I think this is mostly a result of the vast amount of features available.
  • Would love to see additional features such as issuing warnings to employees, and even a timeclock feature to make it a more complete HRIS.
Modern HRIS to meet the needs of small to medium sized organizations looking to consolidate applicant tracking, employment documentation, and benefits management. Some areas fall short of software that is less all-encompassing and more specialized - the applicant tracking is not really comparable to something like Workable or Cosmos. However, all things considered, BambooHR offers really strong bang for your buck in terms of features offered and providing users with a clean, user-friendly interface.
Bamboo HR is our HRIS system for our global organization. We store personnel records there, use it to track employee onboarding and off-boarding tasks, PTO accrual, requests and approvals and as our organization directory. For US employees we also use it for benefits tracking.
  • Task lists are very helpful to assign responsibilities to a variety of users and track progress on employee onboarding activities.
  • For a small start up like us, the file storage with customizable controlled user access provided us with an easy solution for employee manuals, forms, performance review, etc.
  • Employees can easily request and approve (where applicable) time off from the mobile app.
  • The interface is very user-friendly and we've had virtually no questions, but when we do the customer service is superb.
  • We'd love to see integration with our accounting system for PTO accruals and payroll.
  • We have employees in locations outside the US so some areas of the system (benefits module for example) are too US specific preventing us from utilizing the full functionality globally.
  • Would love to be able to export the org chart!
It's very appropriate for small to middle size companies. It also has served us well with employees in multiple geographies/multiple currencies/multiple PTO accrual policies and holiday schedules. The fact that all employees can access the full organization across geographies has been very helpful. I can imagine that it's not as appropriate for large organizations that need a full-scale PEO and the fact that it doesn't have an API integration with major accounting systems will be challenging as we grow.
We use it to track time off, primarily. We have to submit a time-off request and our managers approve or decline our requests. Other than that, managers use BambooHR to track employee information such as salary, education, department, promotions/demotions, etc. As a non-management employee, I rarely use BambooHR for anything more than requesting time off. There are generic HR documents shared/available to us in BambooHR but I rarely get any value from the more in-depth information as I am not a manager. BambooHR also allows us to look up fellow-employee emails, and see when other coworkers are taking time off or are out of the office.
  • Time-off requests are extremely simple to do
  • The BambooHR iOS app is simple, easy to use, and has a friendly user interface
  • Keeping information private and secure (not allowing non-management users to see my salary and education, having an app passcode feature, etc)
  • Document storage
  • If you're not a manager, there's not much value. A non-management employee is going to use BambooHR to request time off, but there are maybe only 1 or 2 times a year that a non-management employee would use BambooHR for anything else.
  • I wish it had more employee specific benefit documents. Maybe this feature isn't being used to its full potential by my company, but all of the benefit related documents are generic. For example, I can't go into BambooHR and find copies of my *personal* health insurance cards or 401k documents, but rather I can find generic HR documents about our company 401k policies or other generic benefit information.
  • IT would be nice if BambooHR had a "send request to your HR manager". Example: I have a general question about my 401k contributions and need answers from my HR manager. If BambooHR had a feature to submit a form which would contact your HR manager, then as an employee I could track the progress of my request (if the request has been opened, is in-progress, or closed, etc)
I'm not a manager, and I don't know what other products are out on the market at this time, but I would say I'd strongly recommend another company use BambooHR simply because of its time-off request feature. If I were a manager or had more admin functionality, I'd be able to provide more examples of improvements. I think the web-app could use a design refresh/update. The UI design is a bit dated. Also, I'm not sure what the "Raise Recommender" really does.
Andy Lutz profile photo
It's used to welcome new employees to Segment, to track vacation days, birthdays, work anniversaries, org charts, directories, company benefit files, tax information, address and personal info, start dates, equity info, etc.
  • Tracks vacation.
  • Provides bios for new employees.
  • Provides access to important docs.
  • The user experience on expanding the org chart.
  • Linking up with Lesson.ly on training.
  • Mobile experience.
BambooHR is a great piece of software, I'd really recommend it after using it for the past two years. It's great for a small-ish company size (we've scaled from 70 to 190 since I joined and it's been ideal).

It's not the best tool for onboarding.
Read Andy Lutz's full review
Angela Heid profile photo
We use BambooHR to manage our time off requests, information on employee certifications, distribute changes to company policies and other general employee information. Before we switched to BambooHR, we had an outdated system where the employees couldn't see their request or time off balance without obtaining a report from someone. This was the primary reason we looked for a system like BambooHR that had an employee portal. Since then, we have setup custom tabs and fields to easily track information like what certification tests someone has taken. I have found the Bamboo support staff to be very helpful.
  • Online employee portal is easy to use.
  • Digital signatures from employees.
  • Checklist of on & offboarding.
  • Love the new job posting feature they introduced last year.
  • I wish there was a time clock system that was integrated with it for our hourly employees.
This is great for smaller offices or where not everyone is in the office every day. It is nice that employees can use their phones or any web browser to login.
Read Angela Heid's full review

Employee demographic data (26)
Employment history (26)
Job profiles and administration (27)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (22)
Organizational charting (27)
Organization and location management (21)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (14)
Pay calculation (11)
Support for external payroll vendors (10)
Benefit plan administration (17)
Direct deposit files (14)
Salary revision and increment management (15)
Reimbursement management (7)
Approval workflow (27)
Balance details (24)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (22)
View and generate pay and benefit information (17)
Update personal information (29)
View company policy documentation (26)
Employee recognition (19)
View job history (27)
Tracking of all physical assets (13)
Report builder (21)
Pre-built reports (21)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (18)
New hire portal (23)
Manager tracking tools (20)
Corporate goal setting (10)
Individual goal setting (12)
Line-of sight-visibility (8)
Performance tracking (9)
Performance plans (13)
Performance improvement plans (13)
Review status tracking (12)
Review reminders (14)
Multiple review frequency (10)
Create succession plans/pools (8)
Candidate ranking (9)
Candidate search (10)
Candidate development (8)
Job Requisition Management (12)
Company Website Posting (13)
Publish to Social Media (11)
Job Search Site Posting (12)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (10)
Applicant Tracking (15)
Notifications and Alerts (16)

About BambooHR

BambooHR is an on-line human resources solution. Some key features include: Customizable Dashboards and Reports, Automated Time-Off Management, and Employee Self-Service.