Reviews (1-25 of 56)
- BambooHR has the ability to connect to cloud services to store working hours information on the web. This information is easily accessible once the platform has been connected to the cloud and the security parameters have been configured so that only a certain group of selected people can review them.
- BambooHR also integrates with CRM services, so that contact management tools can be used to reach employees more quickly, making it a less time consuming process to interact and communicate with them regarding work and deliverables. in any case, this compatibility can be used to streamline work in general.
- BambooHR has an excellent application for tracking the activity of our employees, which we use to review their progress and any mistakes they may make, and correct them well in advance. otherwise not doing this would risk the information in the reports not being correct and being sent out, causing problems.
- Using BambooHR turned out to be much easier than we expected at first, considering that our company is relatively new and we had not used a software specialized in human resources before. We are satisfied with the use of the service and can proceed to recommend it to the entire community of human resources managers.
- We have liked this support service more than usual, as their representatives are other human resources workers with extensive experience in the area, and they are in charge of offering high-level advice regarding any of the topics we wish to address with the platform and the administrative tools it offers.
- In case you are working with spreadsheets, BambooHR does not update the information if you have any integration to web services, as in the case of Google spreadsheets, or Microsoft Excel extension, which practically conditions our way of working with these documents.
- The databases used within the platform are generally SQL, which leaves aside databases from services such as MongoDB, which work with chained data to obtain different characteristics of movement and transfer of information. We believe that the platform is not good for creating a schema based on information from such data lists that we can include in our self-service oriented operations.
- The sending of e-mails is also quite limited by the platform, as it does not allow us to send e-mails simultaneously to all delegated workers in our staff. Because of this, the process of sending invitations to special work sessions is more difficult.
- Company's org chart
- Who's out calendar
- Keeping your and your team's personal and job information
- Giving and receiving feedbacks
- Requesting VL, SL, day off
- Plain text fields in requests (e.g. compensation request). No lists, bullets, etc.
- Some custom feedback requests for your team
- Anonymous custom feedback requests about myself
- It is perfect for requesting VL, SL, day off, etc.
- Looking through the org chart.
- Keeping all the personal and job information about your team.
- Providing, receiving, requesting feedbacks.
- Looking through the company's announcements, reports, events.
- Requesting some team changes: position, bonuses, compensation, etc.
I'm not sure if it still so useful for you if not a manager.
For me personally, it lacks some functionality to process some surveys and feedbacks customly, including NPS for example, or other metrics to measure the pulse in dynamics.
- Presence of mobile apps makes life easier in terms of accessing data on the go.
- Access to employee data can be easily managed and different people can only have access to different levels of employee details.
- It's more like a self-service portal allowing employees to make changes in their records without reaching out to HR teams.
- An option to do certain common tasks like raising a leave request or downloading payslip by just sending an email or a message on platforms like Slack.
- Full functionality available on mobile apps.
- Not developed keeping in mind temporary and contractual employees.
- It's great to see a quick calendar of who on your team or in your department is out of the office on a given day.
- You can easily look up information on your direct reports. If you need to look at their salary as it relates to benchmarking, it's quickly accessible.
- You can readily find out who on your team is coming up on a work anniversary or birthday soon and make sure to give them recognition.
- The insurance information it shows is pretty high level and it doesn't easily show you your elections.
- You're reliant on upline managers or HR to add detailed information, so at times it can be unclear as to why a certain change was made.
- Self Onboarding of employees by e-signing and completing documents to free up managers to focus on other important tasks.
- Automatic reminders to notify employees when they have tasks to complete.
- Setting user permissions to restrict access to sensitive data.
- I can't conduct keyword searches on resumes
- Customization on templates is very minimal.
- User friendly
- Great Mobil App
- Payroll Processing is an add on, and that has issues.
- It cannot split multi-department roles for employees who hold dual roles with different department classifications.
- Bamboo HR is great for mid-sized companies who want to eliminate paper and utilize electronic document management, handbook roll-outs, tax forms, etc. Also great for performance reviews, and peer feedback with customizable questions and data analysis. Onboarding is a great user experience and allows HR administrative staff to complete almost all necessary documentation without requiring direct meetings with the new hire.
- As the Payroll Processing feature is an add on there are some issues with the intuitiveness of payroll processing; therefore, it still requires a fairly manual overview. Also, there are account reps that have to push the payroll itself through after the company has submitted it. If there are changes in job classification, deductions, etc. what is updated on the bamboo HR side does not always cross over to the Payroll side, which is why a thorough review is required every payroll processing cycle.
- We had had an overall good experience; however, when there have been a handful of times when errors occurred in reports after payroll processing, and it has sometimes been difficult to get responses from support promptly.
- We had a significant issue with 1099 processing as there was a printing error on Bamboo's side; however, despite our reaching out to check the status, the rep communicated a timeline that was not met. We were not contacted until the day before the IRS deadline that our 1099's were not printed and would not be processed in time. This specific situation has caused us to prepare our 1099's in the future either internally or through another party.
- Good interface
- Available Mobile App
- Easy to use
- Custom checklist functionality could use improvement
- Pro-Rated vacation hours do not round up. Leaving fractions of an hour which would likely never be used
- Online employee portal is easy to use.
- Digital signatures from employees.
- Checklist of on & offboarding.
- Love the new job posting feature they introduced last year.
- I wish there was a time clock system that was integrated with it for our hourly employees.
- The org chart is excellent, with multiple views and a responsive experience.
- The ability to create alerts/reminders for employees is very powerful and can be used to automate many workflows.
- It's a generally enjoyable web app to use with a clean UI and responsive performance.
- Some edge cases aren't as fleshed out. For example, asset inventory management isn't something BambooHR can really excel at currently.
- Something akin to Google Forms but with the privacy protections of being already in the HRIS would be great for collecting anonymized responses.
- BambooHR provides very intuitive self-service tools, allowing our employees and applicants to attach all their contact data, or do their own skills analysis, thus saving enough time in the long run to improve the average interview and hiring speed.
- BambooHR is well automated, facilitating our operations when working with the process of registering new applicants from search engines, and thanks to its talent measurement tools, it is possible to calculate early which prospects would be the best.
- BambooHR is an ideal service for the development of reports with group data, since it allows us to include the number of employees added to our staff. Diagrams of different types can be added to these same reports depending on the type of work being carried out.
- The ease of analytics for hiring planning makes it much less complex and professional than other HHRR services, which is useful when working on employee experience reports during the hiring process to ensure that company protocol parameters are being met.
- It's nice that BambooHR can be integrated with social media, as employee interaction reports on Facebook or Instagram can be shared through social media. BambooHR lets us know appropriately when a message arrives on these social networks thanks to its message alarm system.
- In the area of human resources, BambooHR is easily the one with the most options when working with time tracking, where you can make annotations of incidents, and these in turn can be noted in reports that reflect the performance of each worker.
- BambooHR does not have its own internal chat service, which shows several limitations when you need to work with live comments within the platform. In fact, it is very non-interactive, which limits our direct communication methodology.
- BambooHR cannot be integrated with office software that specializes in payroll work, which would be excellent when it comes to letting us manage employee payments, and not leaving us with the need to integrate with payroll services.
- It is a bit difficult to communicate from BambooHR, since the service limits the communication tools of the team by not having chat or instant messaging services without the need to work with an integration that specializes in just that.
- Online training
- BambooHR platform is very easy to navigate.
- I like that you can announce new hires to all employees.
- I like the company calendar where everyone can see it.
- being able to see employee time off
- company directory with phone, email, who they report to
- The mobile app functionality is low.
- It still takes a decent amount of time to make sure all the employee data is accurate.
- It's smooth and its deployment is excellent. This assures user efficiency when using the platform.
- Fits well in all organizations including even the SMEs. This allows them to manage their employees intuitively.
- Customer support is available and willing to help all users in using the platform in an adequate manner.
- Improves the basic HR processes and this keeps our staff motivated at all times due to accurate remuneration.
- Sometimes its affected by poor internet connections, lowering its usage.
- If there existed an intuitive mobile version of the platform it would diversify its usage.
- There were some of our HR staff who took quite some time in understanding the platform in an accurate manner.
- Self-serve: employees can now be more involved in updating and reviewing their documents and employee file. What was once a passive process has become much more active for them.
- Onboarding workflows: we have been able to create a simplified and almost automated process to help make the onboarding of a new employee seamless. Instead of a paper checklist and/or printing documents, we have a full package that can be sent and tracked via BambooHR.
- User friendly: The service is user friendly and easy to pick up and learn for all users, whether admin or regular employee. This makes adoption a lot simpler.
- The reports functionality is somewhat limited and doesn't always allow for you to get as granular as you'd like. What's there works for the most part, but more detailed analytics would be helpful.
- Simplicity can be a double-edged sword: while the service is easy to use and simplified, this means that some of the more advanced things you might expect from an HRIS are not present, including more customization options.
- Mobile app is limited and could be more fully featured as it's a bit disappointing to see that they are not the same.
- Inter grating with other software.
- Organized, You set up lots of folders with different permissions. You can house everything from onboarding forms to bonus reports.
- Permissions need more levels. Some of them do not allow all the things you need people to see while restricting other items. Example- you can’t see vacation time allowed without seeing Payroll and salary dollars.
- The app is horrible. Push alerts never work and it kicks you out all the time.
- Organization directory / chart
- Performance reviews
- The reporting function is cumbersome and doesn't allow for much flexibility in terms of role permissions.
- The file viewer window is pretty small, much easier to download the file for offline viewing.
- BambooHR does well in cataloging and managing employee information. From the user side, the UI / UX is polished and user-friendly. The tab structure makes it easy to find the information you're looking for, and the ability to integrate with other HR-related platforms is excellent.
- From the admin side, my only gripes are the reporting function being a little difficult to get only the information you want, but it is possible with the proper know-how.
The number one reason why we signed up for the software was so that we could streamline the on-boarding e-signature process with all employees but it turns out that the e-signature software has bugs that have not been fixed for over 2 months, since we first inquired for this to be fixed. During those 2 months we kept following up with the support team and their answer was "our specialists are still looking into this issue."
Finally, I asked for a refund and Ramona Brown got back to me saying "the account has still been usable." Very disappointed in the software and customer service. I will be leaving negative reviews online.
Not sure it's necessary for small teams but if it's in the budget, I'd recommend it.
- Directory of all employees - I like that you can search by name or view the department hierarchy.
- Holds important documentation for me in one place.
- The birthdays/work anniversary feature is fun.
- It can be a little confusing to find specific pages within my profile.
- Electronic Signatures for Onboarding.
- Finding employees across the organization (email and phone number, along with location/title).
- Sending mass documents or newsletters to employees.
- Not the best onboarding tool I have ever used because of its glitches/reloading.
- There are a lot of software updates that need to happen often.
- Last time I used it, you could only upload one document at a time.
BambooHR Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is BambooHR?
Starting Price: $59
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
BambooHR Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
BambooHR Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||BambooHR supports any country worldwide|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish|