Reviews (1-1 of 1)
November 23, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Bananatag is being used in our organization to track client interactions over email. It is being used by the department I currently work in (marketing technology) but is being looked at for a company-wide implementation before the end of 2018. It addresses the issue of not knowing when to follow up with clients via email due to them either not receiving the email or not reading it.
- Easy to use and install, particularly with Gmail for business.
- It has a simple feedback system, if a client reads an email, you get an emailed read receipt telling you the time of them doing so.
- It runs in the background, is virtually undetectable and will not hinder any communication in the slightest.
- The free version only gives you 5 trackable emails a day.
- The information for clicking a link comes in a separate email than the read receipt, this can clog your inbox if you aren't diligent in clearing them out when you get them.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
I would absolutely recommend Bananatag for pretty much anybody in our organization. Its pros far outweigh the cons and it is handy in more ways than you would initially think. It is well suited for any email that is external or client facing. It helps cover the bases in a case of a communication dispute and helps you time email responses better than if you didn't have the tool active.
Bananatag Scorecard Summary
Bananatag is email tracking software for sales teams and internal communications. It integrates with Gmail, Outlook, Mac mail, and other email clients. It includes email tracking, link tracking, email scheduling, email templates, attachment tracking, and email analytics. Users can track up to 5 emails per day for free. Three additional plans--Pro, Teams, and Internal Comms--are available, for $10-$225 per month. Bananatag is used by salespeople, internal communicators, and other professionals worldwide.
Categories: Sales Email Tracking
Bananatag Technical Details