Ellucian offers Banner Student, a student management system emphasizing control and reporting of process-oriented facets of education such as grading and attendance.Banner: Great for Student TrackingIt's used across the whole organization, as far as I know, administratively for sure. It's being used to keep records of students, their information, their class registration, their grades, their GPAs, etc. It is also used to schedule class times and rooms each semester. It's one place that you can go to to get information on a particular student or on a particular class.,I think it's great to use if you are tracking grades for certain classes, especially if you'd like to see how students do, comparing midterm to final grades. If you have the permissions, you can see both. It's also good to track students individually. You can look up a certain semester, and see how they did in that particular time frame, but you can also see their cumulative gpa, or even look up their entire course history.,It can be cumbersome. It's definitely improved, but it can be slow as you have to fill in only some information and then wait for the rest to populate before you can do anything else. I think the acronyms for different functions are not intuitive or easy to remember.,7,It's been great for the college to keep track of students and courses. It's also been a great help for scheduling classes. It could improve by not being quite as slow.,,Zoom, Google Drive,6Historical data is awesomeWe use Banner Student to track all student data and use a staging table to connect active student data with EMS (event management systems) to activate and deactivate students at the university.,Collect student data Provides a detailed record of each inquiry Ease of access for end-users when you know the codes,Learning the codes can be cumbersome There is no auto spelling and grammar check in the free text field. For example, there is no auto spelling and grammar check between “&" and "and” so searches can be a headache. The GUI can use some improvements for ease of use,7,We have been using Banner Student for many many years so the historical data is awesome Being able to run the appropriate reports has been invaluable Allowing end users to learn and know the system allows them to effectively use their time,,Event Management Framework, Blackbaud Education Management Solutions (formerly Blackbaud K–12 ON Solutions), Workday Human Capital ManagementEfficient student registering and recordsBanner Student is used across the entire University of Alaska system for accessing student, employee, faculty, course, and financial data. I utilize it in the Psychology Department primarily for student records. The program allows me simple, browser centered data access in an easy to find manner. There have been vast improvements recently to how data and forms are identified and found in banner Student and it has made my work much easier and faster in the past few months.,Easy to identify what form you should be using. Fast and browser centered, reducing connection times and increasing accessibility. Cross referencing of forms helps identify better ways to do your tasks.,Students have complained of issues with registering; I believe this to be a connectivity or compatibility issue. Names of forms are gibberish or worse. No auto sign out,8,Reduced time spent by employees assisting students with registration Reduced time accessing records Increased efficiency,Qualtrics, BannerFlow, IBM SPSS and GoldMine,IBM SPSS, Qualtrics, GoldMineBanner for our StudentsWe use Banner across our whole organization. Banner allows us to set up everything our students need to know from requirements, to financial aid (FA), schedules, grades, and so much more.,Allows students to see their grades in their classes. Allows students to see their schedules. Allows students to review their FA packages. Allows students to see if their is anything they still need to do with the college in any of our 4 departments.,Navigating is a little rough at the beginning, but once you get into it, it's a breeze. Some of the titles in Banner confuse you - you think you are on the right screen and you are not. I would like if Banner could have a search button so I could just type in what I need and it would take me right there.,10,Banner is excellent! It helps our students to be more independent. Banner for us employees helps us keep track of all our thousands of students,Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service,UltiPro, Oracle Access Management, Ellucian CRM AdvanceBanner reviewBanner is used at our university to help manage student and faculty data.,Easy user interface Customizable within our own web portals with functional links Exports easily to our advancement database,Better hands-on support More training documentation Mobile interface friendliness,8,Data from Banner used in Advancement Data in banner processed for Alumni relations feedback System has been in place for a while so team familiarity is plus,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft 365 Business
Banner Student

Banner Student Reviews

Banner Student
Filter 11 vetted Banner Student reviews and ratings

Amanda Carpenter profile photo
November 21, 2018

Banner Student Review: "Banner: Great for Student Tracking"

• I think it's great to use if you are tracking grades for certain classes, especially if you'd like to see how students do, comparing midterm to final grades. If you have the permissions, you can see both.
  • It's also good to track students individually. You can look up a certain semester, and see how they did in that particular time frame, but you can also see their cumulative gpa, or even look up their entire course history.
  • It can be cumbersome. It's definitely improved, but it can be slow as you have to fill in only some information and then wait for the rest to populate before you can do anything else.
  • I think the acronyms for different functions are not intuitive or easy to remember.
It's great for tracking students and classes. You can see a student's entire course history, if you'd like, or you can look in by each semester and see how they did. At the same time, you can also view their cumulative GPA to keep that in mind. If you'd like more background on the student you can also look up some of their information: age, address, phone number, email, etc. So you can also use it to contact students, if need be.
Read Amanda Carpenter's full review
Bartholomew Kallgren profile photo
January 18, 2019

Banner Student Review: "Historical data is awesome"

• Collect student data
  • Provides a detailed record of each inquiry
  • Ease of access for end-users when you know the codes
  • Learning the codes can be cumbersome
  • There is no auto spelling and grammar check in the free text field. For example, there is no auto spelling and grammar check between “&" and "and” so searches can be a headache.
  • The GUI can use some improvements for ease of use
It is well Integrated with the other online systems we use but that is also a downfall for any users that don't use systems such as EMS, Blackboard, or Workday.
Read Bartholomew Kallgren's full review
Stephanie Brown profile photo
January 07, 2019

Banner Student Review: "Efficient student registering and records"

• Easy to identify what form you should be using.
  • Fast and browser centered, reducing connection times and increasing accessibility.
  • Cross referencing of forms helps identify better ways to do your tasks.
  • Students have complained of issues with registering; I believe this to be a connectivity or compatibility issue.
  • Names of forms are gibberish or worse.
  • No auto sign out
Banner Student is well suited for large university systems needing access to student data or wanting to make the registering process for students more streamlined and easily accessible from a variety of locations or from different devices. It may not be appropriate for smaller systems with less students, data, or costs associated with implementation.
Read Stephanie Brown's full review
Cortney Belge profile photo
December 19, 2018

Banner Student Review: "Banner for our Students"

• Allows students to see their grades in their classes.
  • Allows students to see their schedules.
  • Allows students to review their FA packages.
  • Allows students to see if their is anything they still need to do with the college in any of our 4 departments.
  • Navigating is a little rough at the beginning, but once you get into it, it's a breeze.
  • Some of the titles in Banner confuse you - you think you are on the right screen and you are not.
  • I would like if Banner could have a search button so I could just type in what I need and it would take me right there.
If I am a student and I need to know how much I still owe for my schooling, I can log into Banner and see my balance at any given time. [As a staff member,] I can see what has paid out and what still needs to come in, whether it be money from the student or Federal Aid.
Read Cortney Belge's full review
Pearce Muncy profile photo
November 14, 2018

Banner Student: "Banner review"

Banner is used at our university to help manage student and faculty data.
  • Easy user interface
  • Customizable within our own web portals with functional links
  • Exports easily to our advancement database
  • Better hands-on support
  • More training documentation
  • Mobile interface friendliness
Well suited: students and acuity for scheduling and data management.

Not well suited: scheduling and marketing material gathering
Read Pearce Muncy's full review
February 18, 2019

Banner Student Review: "Banner - A One Stop Shop for Student Data"

It is being used across the entire organization from the administrative side and the student side. Students have access to information about their financial aid, class schedules, personal information, and employment information. It is our ERP of record and it is used to coordinate student success across our different offices and departments.
  • Central database
  • Customizable
  • Powerful
  • Custom reports and data integrations
  • Creates easy channels of communications across multiple departments across campus
  • Save hours of phone calls by providing transparency to students and parents
  • Hard to learn
  • Hard to implement
  • Items are sometimes hidden
  • Not extremely functional on mobile devices
  • Does not connect with all of our campus systems
  • Quite expensive in terms of an ERP
As a student user, it is a little hard to use when you first get started, but now it is our go to place for information at the university. I can look up grades, schedule classes, change personal information, and see my paystubs all in one place instead of having to visit 20 different systems.
November 29, 2018

User Review: "Banner Student User"

Banner Student is used in departments that offer classes and work with students. I use Banner Student in a number of ways, creating the classes that students register for, and also register students. Overrides are required with some of our classes. We also use Banner Student to tag classes for student surveys. Overall Banner Student is user friendly once you get go through the training.
  • It is easy to add classes. Also easy to make certain changes to classes.
  • Banner Student help users to schedule classrooms and will alert you when you have scheduled more than one class in a classroom.
  • Banner Student also warns you about faculty schedules.
  • This issue has been addressed with Banner Student 9, they have made access to Banner easier.
I like Banner Student, it is easy to use and I feel it is a very powerful tool that is necessary for Colleges.

About Banner Student