Reviews (1-8 of 8)
We will be moving our old Cisco firewall settings to the Barracuda CGF and coming off of the Cisco firewall completely in the near future.
- Ease of management, you can remotely manage it from anywhere with cloud control.
- Instant replacement service will send a new firewall to your door the next business day if you have a failure.
- Support is very responsive and is very knowledgeable.
- My main complaint would be that I cannot set a time out for client to site VPN connections.
- Another thing that isn’t very great is the SSL VPN is run through a webpage and is somewhat complicated for an end-user. I have stayed with the IPSec VPN because the SSL VPN is not Intuitive for my users.
- Robust hardware (no failures in 6 years).
- Relatively easy to manage.
- Upgraded hardware every 4 years.
- Difficult initial set-up for non-network proficient staff.
- Web-filter reporting is not great.
- Support can be quite difficult to reach.
- Easy to manage. The Dashboard allows you to configure all your 'need to see' options and the GUI is easily navigated.
- Builtin VPN. We used the built in VPN facilities to help stabilise our MS Direct Access connection for teachers and students during the recent lockdown. It was easy to configure and simple to use in that the user doesn't have to do anything as it can all be automated to connect at login.
- Not come across any yet! A nice-to-have could be a mobile app which allows you to monitor it on your phone or mobile device.
- It is just a dang good firewall. It does things some of the more expensive firewalls (not going to call out ASA) cannot do at a fraction of the cost.
- Barracuda's support is second to none.
- I can't really think of any. I am sure there are some areas it could improve on, but right now I have 0 complaints about anything on them.
- Barracuda NG Firewalls are extremely customizable for any environment and support all configurations with their firewall rules.
- Security features such as hardware-level AntiVirus and Advanced Threat Protection, as well as SSL Inspection as all traffic passes through the appliance.
- Control Center is far superior to other products for globally managing numerous firewalls and creating and deploying templates on-the-fly.
- VPN connections have never been easier. Once configured within Control Center, drag and drop is all that is needed to connect two Internet-connected firewalls.
- Very complex and steep learning curve to get up to speed.
- Multiple ways to configure for the same service or feature. Takes time to determine "your" customized build.
- Interface can sometimes be clunky when trying to determine how it's organized or arranged. Again, steep learning curve.
- The management software is excellent. It make it much easier to manage the firewalls than some of the other vendors.
- Watching real-time traffic is easy to do when trying to troubleshoot a users issues getting to a particular service.
- Support from Barracuda has been excellent. We rate their phone and online remote support as being the best in the business.
- We like the QoS and Traffic shaping of the NG Firewalls. They help is manage our limited bandwidth, so that business critical resources are available over lesser critical resources.
- Integration with Active Directory makes it easy to identify users activities in logs.
- Sorting of objects such as by IP address in the management software or by description in the object windows would be a nice feature.
- Setting of inactivity timeouts on VPN connections would be a nice feature.
- Securing the environment(s)
- Feature rich
- Easy to manage (using multi-tenant cloud console)
- The NG product line has a small learning curve over prior lines.
- If you aren't diligent with spec'ing out the correct model/size with the features you plan to use, you may purchase a unit that doesn't have enough resources (and will need to be upgraded). This is not a Barracuda issue though.
- Sandbox feature for emails can be sluggish at times (if scanning very large attachments).
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Barracuda CloudGen Firewall?
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall (formerly NG Firewalls) is a next-generation firewall product. CloudGen is designed for multisite, dispersed networks. It provides the market-standard firewall features, including application control, intrusion prevention, web filtering, antimalware/antispam, and site-to-site VPN. Additionally, Barracuda offers Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), sandboxing for testing suspicious traffic and data, load-balancing between uplinks, and real-time traffic reporting, as well as add-on firewall reporting capabilities.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall can be deployed via the cloud or on-premises. It also functions as a manageable service for MSPs to provide to clients.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Screenshots
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Competitors
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|