Firewall Management Console (9)
Identification Technologies (8)
Active Directory and LDAP (9)
Reporting and Logging (9)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall (formerly NG Firewalls) is a next-generation firewall product. CloudGen is designed for multisite, dispersed networks. It provides the market-standard firewall features, including application control, intrusion prevention, web filtering, antimalware/antispam, and site-to-site VPN. Additionally, Barracuda offers Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), sandboxing for testing suspicious traffic and data, load-balancing between uplinks, and real-time traffic reporting, as well as add-on firewall reporting capabilities.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall can be deployed via the cloud or on-premises. It also functions as a manageable service for MSPs to provide to clients.
- Supported: Identification Technologies
- Supported: Visualization Tools
- Supported: Content Inspection
- Supported: Policy-based Controls
- Supported: Active Directory and LDAP
- Supported: Firewall Management Console
- Supported: Reporting and Logging
- Supported: VPN
- Supported: High Availability
- Supported: Stateful Inspection
- Supported: Proxy Server
- Fortinet FortiGate
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Cost-effective SD-WAN for our smaller sites
- Basic Web Filtering to backup on-device filters
- Preventing IBR attacks
- Not sure, different team deals with that.
- Positive: The solution can be configured with ease by having documented steps.
- Positive: The price is reasonable.
- Negative: Sometimes issues arise with the box that reloading the configuration seems to help.
- reduction in TCO compared to competitors
- better cloud integration
- The VPN has negated the need for us to buy a third party product for users working at home.
- It saved us during the pandemic
- Good easy to use interface
- We no longer have to call support every time we need to make a change - like on our Cisco firewall
- We saved multiple thousands of dollars the first year out with the firewall in maintenance fees. We paid for the firewall and 3 years of service and still saved money.
- The ease of management allows me to do my job more efficiently. I save a lot of time when doing my day to day job because I can get to my firewall virtually anywhere.
- I feel a lot safer and my business more secure knowing that I have configured things the way they need to be and it was simple and not overly complicated.
- Secured network from outside threats.
- Provides additional filtering.
- Peace of mind in case of failure.
- Really neutral given we came from the x series. The move to the x series was a huge positive in terms of time spent managing and the ability to get what needed to be done, well done. The move to the NG was just the next step.
- I will say the one thing, in terms of value, that is given is the firewall admin application. This one program saves a ton of time in configuration versus using the web-based configuration. You can only pick one, and for me, it's a no brainer - turn the web-based config off and use the app.
- It has saved time through it easy management software.
- It has made it easier for us to track down resource access issues.
- It has helped us manage bandwidth.
- It has helped us by alerting us of unusual network activity.
- Their support is excellent.
- Positive: highly customizable and can control the entire network from one location.
- Positive: all services and processes work very well and are reliable.
- Positive: MSPs looking to deploy and control numerous firewalls with ease, this is hands down the best product.
- Negative: very high learning curve, definitely not a one-and-done firewall. Requires a lot of dedicated time to get the machine running the way you want.
- Makes our environment more secure
- Drastically reduced the amount of infections
- Makes managing close to 50 clients much easier for our engineers