Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Reviews

December 02, 2020

Support Rating

They are very quick to answer the phone and I think I haven’t waited more than 5 minutes in the queue and if you have to hang up they actually call you back when it’s your turn in line. They have a secure tunnel that you can open for them to get into your device and help you with basically anything. It’s pretty magical if you ask me.
October 11, 2020

Support Rating

Documents can often be a little too technical, and lacking in real-world application. No initial support was offered in the setting up of the device, although this may be the fault of the supplier as opposed to Barracuda themselves.
August 03, 2020

Support Rating

Had one issue where I misconfigured it - had great instant support from Barracuda - got me back on track in a matter of minutes.
February 03, 2020
Paul Metzger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Support Rating

I could go on and on about how good Barracuda's support really is. I have yet to have a problem they didn't help me fix and I always learn something when talking with them. The story that best describes my overall experience with Barracuda's support is this: When I first put in the xSeries they had a problem with a policy route. There was a bug in the code and in the one situation I was it, it just would not work. I went up the levels of support and they couldn't fix it. Well, next thing I know I am on the phone with 2 of the guys that programmed the thing and they work out the solution in no time and get me going. That is support. That is what I have come to expect from Barracuda. If the tech on the phone doesn't know the answer, they do not stop until they find it. Grant it, I also have to admit I do not call support with every problem, I try to work it out on my own first as that is how I learn best, so when I do call support it is going to be complicated.
Read Paul Metzger's full review

Identification Technologies (5)
Visualization Tools (5)
Content Inspection (4)
Policy-based Controls (5)
Active Directory and LDAP (5)
Firewall Management Console (5)
Reporting and Logging (5)
6.4
VPN (4)
High Availability (5)
Stateful Inspection (4)
Proxy Server (2)

What is Barracuda CloudGen Firewall?

Barracuda CloudGen Firewall (formerly NG Firewalls) is a next-generation firewall product. CloudGen is designed for multisite, dispersed networks. It provides the market-standard firewall features, including application control, intrusion prevention, web filtering, antimalware/antispam, and site-to-site VPN. Additionally, Barracuda offers Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), sandboxing for testing suspicious traffic and data, load-balancing between uplinks, and real-time traffic reporting, as well as add-on firewall reporting capabilities.

Barracuda CloudGen Firewall can be deployed via the cloud or on-premises. It also functions as a manageable service for MSPs to provide to clients.

Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Features