Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Barracuda RMM (formerly Managed Workplace), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Barracuda RMM (based on the former Managed Workplace product acquired by Barracuda from Avast in 2019) is a Remote Monitoring and Management platform. Managed Workplace serves as an agentless tool that MSP’s can use for clients with an emphasis on security assessment and reporting. It also provides other system monitoring functionalities, including patch management, asset management and tracking, and task automation with a library of prebuilt and user-designed scripts. It also offers integration with third-party applications, including virtualization services.
- Server Error/Status Notifications
- Remote Desktop Support
- Warranty/Hardware Information
- Helpdesk function
- Software Deployment
- Very good reporting. We provide monthly reports to our customers on remote access, patching, etc.
- Multiple methods of remote access. This is helpful because different scenarios require different remote access methods.
- The site is easy to navigate/manage. There is not a big learning curve for new employees.
- Their built-in Avast antivirus has a lot of issues. When we used it we had a lot of performance and compatibility issues, and have had to move almost everyone off of it and onto other antivirus vendors.
- Patch Management is lacking at times. We've had issues with some devices not getting certain patches or falling way behind. I don't think patch management issues are unique to Managed Workplace though, I believe a lot of RMM's have issues with this category.
- It's a great way to monitor all of the devices that our customers have.
- Remote services are easy to use and very convenient.
- Sometimes when using Premium Remote it says that the wrong password was entered but the password is auto-filled by the program, not the user.
- Agentless, unlike most RMM, you don't need to download and install an agent on the devices. The onsite manager (OM) will scan the entire domain for computers, network devices, printers, etc.
- Remote access: Users have to select whether to access shared screen or via RDP.
- Detail Dashboard Information: it has a very reach feature that displays information about system components.
- It needs better monitoring features for network devices such as Cisco instead of customizing SNMP MIBs.
- Patch Management needs to be more consistent. At times, random computers would run patches outside the configured schedule.
- Customer Care is helpful
- Reporting tools are great
- Super customizable
- It can be hard to use at first glance
- Does not work well on weak and old laptops
- Otherwise everything is perfect
- Fluent Interface.
- Lightweight installs.
- Remote patch management.
- Management of Office 365 in a single pane of glass.
- ESXi management was not fluent.