Basecamp Reviews

September 30, 2015
Lisa Keyser | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I can't foresee ever cancelling my account with Basecamp, but rather upgrading it when I get to that point when I'm ready to expand. One of the most exciting aspects for me is the company's continued commitment to the software in the form of consistent improvements and new features. While I've never needed to contact support, I do read each of the rare communications sent out by the team behind Basecamp, and their enthusiasm for their own software is palpable. I've recommended it to other freelancers, and I look forward to using Basecamp to continue increasing my productivity in the coming year and beyond.
Read Lisa Keyser's full review
February 22, 2019

March 18, 2015
Patrick Barrett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Fusce ultricies arcu sed sagittis euismod. Duis ultrices ipsum sed mi venenatis, in ultrices neque dapibus. Etiam et eros massa. Nulla ut pellentesque ipsum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Quisque tempus nisl vitae nisi volutpat euismod. Curabitur turpis arcu, blandit at libero a, vehicula pellentesque magna. Donec dui ligula, auctor at condimentum ut, dictum a ligula. Pellentesque convallis metus vitae nulla varius, eget ornare ex malesuada. Quisque nulla nisi, suscipit in scelerisque tincidunt, rutrum in lorem. Donec iaculis congue commodo. Curabitur sagittis nibh non elit venenatis bibendum. Etiam ut mi quis metus hendrerit rutrum interdum vel erat. Vestibulum ullamcorper orci a magna placerat, sit amet tincidunt purus lobortis. Duis tincidunt porta sollicitudin.
Read Patrick Barrett's full review
May 03, 2018

Likelihood to Renew

Because it has revolutionized collaborative work in our office, as well as communication.
February 25, 2015
Michael Rolph | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

We're liking but not loving Basecamp, and as our business operation team comes online we may switch over to a larger more integrated platform. We've looked briefly at Zoho, and have recently installed insight.ly, a google-apps based contact manager. PM integration with CRM is what I want, and we will evaluate options at a later date.
Read Michael Rolph's full review
December 18, 2014
Chad Horenfeldt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Overall ease of use. Easy to setup, easy for clients to jump in and start using. We've also seen a dramatic increase in the preparedness of our customers and increased adoption in our product because of Basecamp.
Read Chad Horenfeldt's full review
December 12, 2014
Coty Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

We're committed, we're not going anywhere. This does the job we need and we all have a great user experience with it. I have to say it's pretty reliable. It hardly ever defaults or says the program is not available due to it's company's issues. Basecamp is always up and ready to go.
Read Coty Watson's full review
December 12, 2014
Ryan Gibson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Basecamp is a comfortable tool that contractors and clients both like. It is easy to use and very attractive. For that reason, I'll continue to use it for clients. There isn't any software that I can think of that allows for such quick project creation and slick communication tools.
Read Ryan Gibson's full review
Brit Eaton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Basecamp is a solid tool that enhances our team's effectiveness. I am always open to something better - but Basecamp will be hard to top. Our clients appreciate being able to collaborate online (especially those out-of-town) and our remote-work teams can effectively communicate, collaborate, and implement strategy from just about anywhere. It's been a great tool to use when collaborating with partner agencies as well - the workflow transfer is seamless.
Read Brit Eaton's full review
June 10, 2014
Garrett Bluhm | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Renewing with Basecamp is a no brainer. Without it there would be so many different projects that would be lost in the mass of emails that everyone receives. I fully support and recommend Basecamp as a key tool to organize and structure your project management for any type of company where you are needing to work as a team across multiple areas.
Read Garrett Bluhm's full review
February 07, 2014
Aaron Price | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

We have a lot of legacy info in Basecamp, so even if we stopped using it, we'd still need access to it.
Read Aaron Price's full review
February 05, 2014
Hannah Russo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I love Basecamp. If I was still with my previous organization, I would be using it everyday. If I had the opportunity to use Basecamp right now at my current organization I would. If we are ever looking for a project management software system, I would recommend Basecamp in a heartbeat.
Read Hannah Russo's full review
January 14, 2014
Dominic Distretti | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

I am currently unlikely to renew my subscription to Basecamp for the simple reason that I no longer need it. I have since moved on to work for a different company doing a different kind of work. If I still needed a cloud based team work tool, Basecamp would be a frontrunner in my mind though.
Read Dominic Distretti's full review

Likelihood to Renew

It's very easy to learn and overall pretty intuitive. And if we spent more than an hour exploring all the functionality of the product, I bet we would love it even more.

Likelihood to Renew

For the few downsides, Basecamp has an intuitive interface, a quick ramp-up, and allows us to track projects in a really simplified way across multiple departments. It's really changed the way we juggle these various competing goals, and no other system I've used has made it so streamlined to keep everything - timelines, assets, project participants - in one place.
December 17, 2014

Likelihood to Renew

I don't have any projects that currently call for tracking.
January 11, 2014

Likelihood to Renew

When I bring new people onto a project, it's immediately obvious how to use Basecamp. I don't have to worry about teaching them the features or walking them through it, it's just incredibly user-friendly. For this reason, I'll continue to renew my subscription even as new people are brought onto production jobs or the client changes.
February 07, 2014

Likelihood to Renew

I do not control the renewal process but I would imagine our team will keep using it. Frankly it's the most intuitive. With more training in the department it could be a really handy tool and the organizational problems experienced would be gone. The confusion isn't often times caused by the Basecamp application itself, but rather the users using it. However this does factor into it's use, and as I mentioned it will require some training and process creation.
February 06, 2013

Likelihood to Renew

Basecamp consistently delivers the experience and functionality I need from a lightweight & highly agile project management solution. Users may be frustrated that it doesn't "force" them to use it a certain way and lacks some of the "fancier" (useless) project management software features.

Task Management (95)
Resource Management (79)
Gantt Charts (32)
Scheduling (78)
Workflow Automation (59)
Team Collaboration (95)
Support for Agile Methodology (38)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (35)
Document Management (90)
Email integration (77)
Mobile Access (78)
Timesheet Tracking (36)
Change request and Case Management (44)
Budget and Expense Management (33)
Quotes/estimates (24)
Invoicing (21)
Project & financial reporting (27)
Integration with accounting software (21)

What is Basecamp?

Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool developed by 37signals in Chicago and launched in 2004. The Ruby on Rails framework was extracted from the Basecamp project.

Basecamp offers features standard to project management platforms, including to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking and a calendar, and a messaging system. Mobile accessibility is supported. Notably, it supports unlimited users. It also offers integration with 37signals' own Campfire product, which expands the group messaging functionality of the core platform. Customization, accessibility, and functionality are extended further by the broad range of apps available for free from 3rd parties. A 2-month free trial is available. Pricing is dependent upon space requirements and the number of concurrent projects, not the number of users.

Basecamp Integrations