Team Collaboration (114)

Task Management (114)

Resource Management (95)

Document Management (107)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Basecamp, and make your voice heard!

Basecamp Business

$99

Per Month [Unlimited Users]

Basecamp Personal

Free

Limited Capabilities

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $99 per month

Project Management

Professional Services Automation

What is Basecamp?

Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool developed by 37signals in Chicago and launched in 2004. The Ruby on Rails framework was extracted from the Basecamp project.

Basecamp offers features standard to project management platforms, including to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking and a calendar, and a messaging system. Mobile accessibility is supported. Notably, it supports unlimited users. It also offers integration with 37signals' own Campfire product, which expands the group messaging functionality of the core platform. Customization, accessibility, and functionality are extended further by the broad range of apps available for free from 3rd parties. A 2-month free trial is available. Pricing is dependent upon space requirements and the number of concurrent projects, not the number of users.

Basecamp Integrations

Basecamp Competitors

Basecamp Technical Details

What is Basecamp?

Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool. Basecamp offers features standard to project management platforms, as well as mobile accessibility, unlimited users, and 3rd party integrations. Basecamp is priced by space requirements and concurrent projects.

How much does Basecamp cost?

Basecamp starts at $99.

What is Basecamp's best feature?

Reviewers rate Team Collaboration and Mobile Access highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Basecamp?

The most common users of Basecamp are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Shreshthi Mehta, PMP®, PHR® | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have never called or emailed a representative in customer support. While signing up in Base camp, I did review the training materials available to all new users. It was helpful in navigating through the tool. I also used the online help when I was not able to find information.
Karen Zelzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Haven't seen much in terms of support for this application. It is not the most user-friendly application and learning is clunky. There does not seem to be an easy way to search for a question or answer. Our employees tend to use the bare minimum that the program has to offer since navigating the program is frustrating at times.
Joe Hallissey | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's interesting. In my 9+ years using Basecamp, I've seen them iterate through support processes in the same way they have with their core product: always focusing on user experience both for their team and the customer. As the product features have focused, so has the documentation, while at the same time they have increased the number of support professionals. If you ever have a problem, there is live chat, email, and even Twitter!
Veronika Baranovska | TrustRadius Reviewer
Haven't been in touch with their support team, but they have plenty of video tutorials, help guides and the ability to send a message to the support team to get detailed help. They say the response time is 24 minutes which is pretty incredible. I certainly feel I'd be taken care of shall I needed to contact support.
Anthony Burke | TrustRadius Reviewer
For the many reasons I've given, Basecamp is a very strong program. There are a few features I can imagine that might make it even better, but I don't have a basis for comparison to be able to say that there is definitely a better one out there. I've noticed that Basecamp has evolved a bit from the time I started using it until now, so that makes me think that the producer of this program values it and believes in continuous improvement. If you could use the features offered by Basecamp, I would think you could use it with confidence.
We never had any issue while working with Basecamp and hence don't have much to say here. Having said that, although the knowledge base is pretty comprehensive, it could be rounded up a bit more to complete that circle of support. It is also ironic coming from an industry that is reliant on chatbots, but I am glad Basecamp uses humans over bots for support.
Katy Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am giving this rating because I love using Basecamp. It is very easy to use. Its features are very attractive plus they are practical that helps you in working with tool more. It decreases your burden by taking you out of distractions that is why it is good for use.
Shiva Krishna | TrustRadius Reviewer
There was documentation and videos available online on how to set up Basecamp and hit the ground running. Further interns in our team have already used the product at their universities, so it was very easy for us to setup basecamp and get value from it from day one. Further the tool is economical when compared to other products.
Ryan Olsen 📱 | TrustRadius Reviewer
They've got a good handle on the product and who it is for. There is a lot of support out there for you to check into and since it's well-known, other users are able to pitch in and help with the process of finding solutions to problems that might be within the projects you are looking to complete.
Kim Norbeck | TrustRadius Reviewer
The project for which we used Basecamp was my first time using the platform. I liked the format, the daily updates via email, and the ability to access content and presentations anywhere. I highly recommend Basecamp for those searching for a way to share ideas, content, and presentations across multiple departments or participants.
Martha Batruny | TrustRadius Reviewer
If I talk about the customer support team of this tool, I would surely say that they are responsive and professional services provider. Ease of access to this product is mind-blowing in terms of using all the latest features that are present in it. For me, the best part is creating effective reports on results with graphs and charts in a unique manner. Also with this product, I can easily make different schedules to do my daily work routine tasks from home or office as well.
I've never run into a situation where I needed support from Basecamp but I appreciate online demos on how to use it. Since it's one of my previous company's go-to platforms it was easy to find people who could show me better ways to use it. At my current company, we tried it out for a bit but it was a little harder to learn so we stopped trying (team thought it was slightly harder to use than Asana).
Jared DeLong | TrustRadius Reviewer
Their support team was excellent to work with. They were very prompt to respond to any email questions I had sent in and they were also willing to take feedback from me and also provide info about some integrations they had for potential reporting needs rather than just telling me they didn't have a certain feature.
Basecamp is very receptive to user feedback. Overall, we have had very few technical issues with the system itself. Everything was easy to set up. The getting started tips while setting up is super helpful. Basecamp's help docs are very easy to follow. They are also very consistent with releasing new product updates and features.