Reviews (1-18 of 18)
- Multiple touch points throughout the year to make sure ROI is being met
- Easy to implement into websites
- Advanced features can be turned on and off depending on current needs
- Their login to their portal is awful. They are working on creating a single sign on experience but right now there are different usernames and passwords depending on what dashboard you are attempting to access.
- They could work on their deployment and preview tools. The time for our staged changes to show on the live site doesn't seem to be as quick as it should be and the preview tools don't take into account the site's CSS files for display.
- Our ability to answer questions on our retail partner websites in a timely manner. We constantly win awards from our retail partners for questions responded to in 24 hours or less.
- Bazaarvoice Conversations gives us the ability to respond to all 1-2-3 star ratings and some 5-star reviews also. We welcome 1-2-3 star reviews as it gives us an opportunity to let customers know we are responsive to their issues.
- Bazaarvoice Conversations is easy to train on for new employees. It is intuitive and easy to teach people how to get their job done fast which I as a manager appreciate.
- I think more notifications need to be sent out earlier for system outages and broken features.
- Don't just tell me when I open an issue case that it is a "Known issue and we are working on it", let me know before I open a case.
- Toggleing between brands and staying on the same task could be easier.
The ability to pre-populate answers in a database within Bazaarvoice Conversations would be nice so we did not have to copy and past from a document on our desktop.
- Authenticity - They vet each and every piece of content that comes in and check it for fraud, spam, and other things to make sure your site is only populated with authentic content.
- Support - BV provides top-notch support that is responsive, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful in ways we never thought possible from a partner. They constantly improve their platform and the reporting available as well.
- Functionality - The platform is easy to use and very intuitive. The features it has and the capabilities it provides is unmatched by previous providers we've used.
- Some of the reporting features are clunky and confusing, but they just updated that!
- I wish Reviews and Q&A information could be exported at the same time and that CGC for both could be displayed in one view.
- The fact that email addresses cannot be searched is frustrating.
- It does a good job of sorting items into different categories.
- It's great for researching different items.
- It's very easy to navigate though all the different tabs and find what you are looking for.
- I feel like the overall design could be updated.
- Easier to find specific reviews.
- Bazaarvoice does a great job of integrating with our sites and their designs
- Bazaarvoice does a great job of communicating with their customers - lots of support available
- Bazaarvoice has done a good job of kicking off some deeper analytics for our organization
- Bazaarvoice's backend analytics and UI is overall clunky and confusing. There is a pretty steep learning curve. It needs to be updated.
- The reporting on Bazaarvoice is also clunky. The export tool is confusing and not pretty. It needs to be updated.
- Although we've got great technical support, I wish there was more "consulting" happening to help us understand how we can leverage the data we're collecting even more smartly than what we are.
- Bazaarvoice Conversations easily integrates post purchase emails hosted by Bazaarvoice
- The config hub makes it really easy to set up quickly for the non technical team without a need of the developer team
- It allows non-technical staff to convert the design to copy within the application user interface
- Streamlined reporting across Bazaar Voice applications is not available and that requires manual efforts to integrate and understand data from diff applications
- Flexibility and more options would be great for various layouts that is not available at this time
- It does not allow including reviews from other platforms and that is missing
- UI is fairly intuitive.
- Allows for customization of design to copy within the interface, which is nice for non-technical users of the tool.
- Visually, it is about as attractive as other leading review vendors.
- We lacked true integration assistance. We found so many things that were off or overlooked, things that a vendor should be on top of when setting up someone transitioning.
- The tool, when implemented, seems pretty bloated in terms of how it is built and total assets used.
- We had to take ownership of the integration process and do additional resource to then reach out to our team at the vendor to gain help with.
As many companies (especially those in the tech industry) are aware, many critical reviews can be attributed to product misuse or misinformation. Responding to reviews (and questions, for a more proactive approach) helps solve that by educating consumers who overlooked a feature they claim is missing or who simply don't want to use an owner's manual.
But responding to reviews is just as beneficial to potential customers as it is to the customers you're technically replying to. People shopping around for products frequently read through critical reviews to see where products fall short. Seeing a branded presence shows that you care as a company, but it also allows you to clear up misconceptions. Potential buyers have the opportunity to weigh other customers' complaints against the company response, which can mean the difference between a new purchase and a lost sale.
We've seen many product reviews upgraded after we respond. Users really appreciate that we are monitoring and educating.
- My company's products are sold by a huge range of retailers/dealers, and we've long recognized the value of having a presence in product reviews. Bazaarvoice's format makes responding to product reviews a much simpler and more efficient process. Reviews are fed to you in a work list, so you don't have to visit each retailer's website to respond.
- Branded responses to reviews (and product questions) also makes them standout so customers looking for the most informed response can quickly spot it.
- BV's support path (Spark) is a good resource, though it does make the process feel a bit impersonal. That said, as impersonal as your support tickets begin, it's great to see exactly what progress has been made and all the communication you've received about the issue.
- Bazaarvoice does suffer from some deficits. Filtering for reviews and questions is virtually worthless if you're trying to zero in on a specific product or group of products. The best you can do is filter by product ID, but different retailers will have different IDs for the same product, so even that is not intuitive or effective.
- Speed of the product is slow on the average day, very slow on a bad day, and slightly better than slow on a good day. Loading more questions/reviews or refreshing a view can be time consuming.
- Bazaarvoice's reporting is severely lacking. I need to use reports to track my team's responses for quality purposes. I also use this data to gauge productivity. However, report filtering doesn't allow you to filter by response date...only the date on which the review was posted by the customer. Although the spreadsheet you get DOES include the response date, this is inexplicably missing from report filters.
- Thinking back on speed, reports take a VERY long time to pull, even when your date range is small and recent.
- If you have multiple users who respond to items, there's also no user differentiation in reports. So unless you have your team members sign/initial their responses, there's no way to tell who wrote what when you look at a response report. This seems like an oversight since every user has their own unique login credentials.
- Finally, you should consider what your retailer network will REALLY look like. My company has around 15 retailers activated on our network, but more than 90% of our reviews come from just two of those dealers. Responding to questions is free with BV, but reviews require an upgrade to Connections Premium, so it's a good idea to check all your retailers' sites to see how many reviews they house and how active users are before paying for the upgrade.
- Review Generation: Great modules (especially the latest Conversation updates) for each review collection. Additionally Bazaarvoice has technology that can automatically follow-up with consumers (pixel collection) to request reviews.
- Review Syndication: Bazaarvoice syndicates out to almost all of the prominent retailers in the US landscape.
- Innovation: The Bazaarvoice team continues to innovate and enhance against their current platform offering. Each year lots of new modules are available that continue to develop or review efforts.
- Lack of Global: The tool does not expand to a lot of retailers outside the US. I know they are building this out more all of the time, but can be a bit frustrating.
- Expensive to Customize: The out-of-the-box solution is great, but if you decide to customize more heavily, it can lead to high costs. Bazaarvoice requires teams hand over creative files and they develop it on their end, which is not always ideal.
- Tough to Input your own Reviews: Bazaarvoice has policies about what meets "their criteria" for review generation. If you collect reviews outside of Bazaarvoice and want to upload (eg. an event), if it did not go through their platform you usually can not submit.
- When a customer purchases from us, they are sent a post-interaction email by Bazaarvoice two weeks later after they've received their purchase and had a chance to try it out. This email gets customers back on our site leaving SEO-rich reviews. Our marketing team uses these reviews for social posts and email blasts as well.
- The Bazaarvoice annual conference was really beneficial. I was able to talk to different Bazaarvoice teams and get recommendations for improving our experience with Bazaarvoice. I also got ideas from fellow marketers on how they were able to increase reviews or use the reviews in marketing initiatives.
- The Bazaarvoice Conversion Impact Report lets me know Conversion Rate, AOV, Revenue, etc. for customers who've used reviews vs. those who haven't. This helps me know that Bazaarvoice is paying for itself.
- The Questions & Answers section on the product detail pages give us another way to add SEO-rich content when we answer customer questions. It also gives us insight into what the customers are struggling with. With this info we will add info to our product description, shipping pages, etc.
- I would like to be able to incentivize our customers to leave a review by offering a coupon or entering their name into a drawing if they leave a review. However, Bazaarvoice doesn't consider these authentic reviews if our customers are rewarded for leaving them and so they discourage this practice. However I've seen other review engines offer a way to reward customers for their reviews.
- We have a Magento store with two different store instances. When we brought the second store online and added Bazaarvoice it was a disaster. Our products were all mixed it up and it took several months to resolve. I would be very careful if you're running more than one store with Bazaarvoice.
- I wish they had a more robust reporting dashboard. Most of the reports have to be generated using a template that is emailed to me and downloaded as a csv. I would rather see this info in the dashboard with the ability to download charts and report info in a pdf. This is helpful in reporting to the executive team who likes a visual [presentation].
- Excellent reporting with a good array of pre built dashboards and alerts plus the ability to pull out any piece of data you need at any time.
- Enables us to very easily customise the product review form and tailor it to the type of product being reviewed.
- Pre built rating types and social sharing functions that are available for the product review form work particularly well for apparel eg: 'upload a photo of yourself wearing the garment direct from Facebook' and a sliding bar for 'how you rate this garment on fit'.
- When we introduced Bazaarvoice and replaced our core platform product review function we saw the number of reviews reduce quite drastically. This is because our old review form was very short and simple to use, whereas in our Bazaarvoice implementation we introduced a lot of extra questions and ratings for the reviewer to complete. This caused some users to abandon the process. We have learnt there is a fine line between asking more questions to get richer content for those in the buying process and asking too many questions so that reviewers are put off. To that end, the Bazaarvoice product would benefit from inbuilt A|B testing to help clients optimise the implementation.
- More flexibility to customise the product review invitation email when using the Conversations product, and the ability to choose which system emails are turned on and which are turned off. Currently it's all or nothing, with the exception of the review invitation email, so we have opted to turn system emails off rather than have our customers bombarded with emails about their product review.
- There is a config hub which enables the business users to have control over their implementation of Conversations without the need for front end development all the time. This reduces time to make changes and improvements and learn impacts from different alterations.
- It offers customers an enriched experience on your site, and allows the customer to gain confidence in their purchases before they make it due to the reviews and ratings helping them.
- Would be good to have more control over the UI within the dashboard. The control is there, but more flexibility over specific layout in the front end of the website would help.
- We use reviews on site. Processes have good uptime, and there are no technical issues
- Account management is below par....really only get service at renewal time
- They don't see us as a partner and don't really express interest in growing our business unless they was to sell us more products.
- They are really just a necessary evil
- It is an excellent enterprise software solution for any business looking to do more with reviews and UGC than just an onsite widget.
- Reporting and analytics is best in class. Built more for the end business user than the complicated analysts tools that are more common.
- Open API - very easy to integrate in marketing and technology development.
- Innovation - especially in data and flexibility. Although top of the list for me in reporting/analytics, this will not always be the case.
- Flexibility - some of the newer product improvements are more structured.
- Internationalisation - although coverage is strong in many areas, Bazaarvoice could do with stronger adaptability to the different international markets.
The departments using BV are Consumer Services, Direct-to-Consumer, Analysts, website developers and Business-to-Business units.
- Bazaarvoice is the GO TO company for collecting onsite ratings and reviews.
- Bazaarvoice Curations is new and is making a great impact on conversion! (acquired with Feed Magnet). Having BV handle the moderation based on our business rules allows personnel savings.
- Bringing Curation into the singular Bazaarvoice dashboard instead of a separate link will be beneficial. Right now there are two separate links. Currently you use two different dashboards to access each feature.
- I would also like the Training and Issues portal (Spark) to be part of the Bazaarvoice dashboard and not a separate link/email/password.
Ask about future endeavors and how to get the most our of syndication.
Bazaarvoice Conversations Scorecard Summary
About Bazaarvoice Conversations
Bazaarvoice Conversations Integrations
Bazaarvoice Conversations Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Bazaarvoice Conversations Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bazaarvoice Conversations Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech , Danish, Dutch, English (Aus), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish , Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, UK English, Ukrainian, US English, Vietnamese|