Formerly Bomgar

BeyondTrust Remote Support

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar) helps support teams of all sizes improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled remote support to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world.

BeyondTrust offers deployment options that can fit a company’s business...

Very robust

May 15, 2022

Saved my bacon

June 24, 2020

Best in class!

October 01, 2019

• Screen sharing (48)
    9.6
  • Over-the-Internet remote session (48)
    9.6
  • File transfer (45)
  • Instant message (46)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BeyondTrust Remote Support, and make your voice heard!

Bomgar Connect

$49/mo per license

Remote Administration

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust offers deployment options that can fit a company’s business needs. The vendor says their on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements for years. Additionally, the vendor says the unique segmentation capabilities of their cloud deployment gives users cloud without compromise.

With BeyondTrust, users can support all of their systems over the web, even if they are behind firewalls they don't control. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution enables support teams to reduce the amount of time spent on incident handling since it is done via one solution. Technicians can support remote computers running Windows, Mac, and Linux … or mobile devices running Android, iOS, or BlackBerry. Additionally, they can offer support from their preferred device, even if it's an Android tablet or iPad.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Features

BeyondTrust Remote Support Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry

GoTo Resolve, Rescue, and TeamViewer are common alternatives for BeyondTrust Remote Support.

Reviewers rate Centralized management dashboard highest, with a score of 9.8.

The most common users of BeyondTrust Remote Support are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

May 15, 2022

Very robust

BeyondTrust Remote Support (also known as Bomgar) in our organization was used to resolve several support complexities that were introduced due to the recent pandemic (COVID19). For example being able to support users outside the corporate network, with a wide range of endpoint devices using various operating systems. BeyondTrust Remote Support is a robust tool that works in line with OS security.
  • Very robust
  • Excellent product support
  • Professional services/onboarding team
  • Support for IOS
  • Cost
BeyondTrust Remote Support (also known as Bomgar) is well suited for large organizations or medium to large scale service providers to provide troubleshooting and ongoing support to their clients remotely. The solution is overkill and not suitable for organizations or service providers having customers with a limited IT budget as the product is not cheap.
We use [BeyondTrust Remote Support (Legacy)] for internal support and it has made things so much easier and more seamless. From my standpoint, it's great and I don't dread having someone access my machine any longer. What we used before was more complicated and also took longer to get started. I think our internal tech team likes it too.
  • Allows easy access
  • Easy for customer/client to understand
  • No separate website for anyone to navigate
  • There's always room for improvement, right?
I've had a lot of problems with my laptop (work issued). [With BeyondTrust Remote Support (Legacy)] our team has been able to get in easily and correct issues I've been having with very little interruption to my own work day. The fact that I don't have to navigate to a separate website to get help is huge. They can send me a link via Teams (Or I can login directly) and get help quickly.
We use BeyondTrust Remote Support within the IS department and Operations. It's heavily used more than ever due to COVID-19. All employees are working remotely and Remote Support is the only way we can help with issues ranging from accessing a file in Office 365, down to installing a local printer. Without it our company would have closed or may it near impossible for work to be completed. As long as the end point has internet access anywhere in the world we can access their computer and assist them.
  • Ease of use for the end user. Nothing for them to do. We just located their computer object within the management application and double click to access.
  • Remote access to the end point as long as they have internet access.
  • Administration, permissions in the setup are easy to follow, creating jump groups, policies.
  • Odd behavior with inherited permissions. Change the way a user in more than one group is handled when applying them to a jump group.
  • Making the console web based on a cell phone vs using the Android or Apple application.
  • Drag and drop or copy/pasting a file transfer vs using a separate tab function. I can copy/paste in RDP.
It's great for any size company. It scales well. If you have staff that are remote it's great. I would say the only downside is the cost. It's charged based on the number of console agents and it can get quite expensive if you have a large number of IT helping out users at the same time. If you have a split shift you won't have that issue as it's based on concurrent logged in users.

I would say if you have remote workings it's one of the best products I used. We have have it set up for Dual Factor Authentication for extra security.
We have a ton of servers and in order to manage them properly we use [BeyondTrust Remote Support (Legacy)] remote support. It is currently used by our system teams including our technical services team who help support our business applications. We are able to better manage access across the organization as well multiple devices and environments
  • Customer Service
  • Centrally manage and secure remote access
  • Manageable Cost
  • Multi apps and devices
  • Mobile Apps needs improvement
  • More Automation
  • Having more Chat options/features
  • Resource files are huge and take up a lot of space
[BeyondTrust Remote Support (Legacy)] is great for an organization who has has a large infrastructure and multiple users to manage. If you have several thousands endpoints, mobile devices and support is critical , this is the best option to go with. It helps with immediate or rapid support from our team to our end users. Because we are able to have this be a solution we can deploy across campus, it works very well.
September 24, 2020

Bomgar is the Bomb!

Our department recently got licenses for Bomgar from our central Office of Information Technology (OIT) and it has been extremely helpful in providing remote support to our users while working from home. It allows easy elevation of privileges so we can do admin functions on the users' computers remotely.
  • Easy to use both on Mac and Windows.
  • Users of all skill levels have had no issues connecting with support staff.
  • Invaluable resource for tech support working remotely.
  • Voice chat with the user would be helpful so we could talk about the issue verbally rather than just through chat.
  • There are some issues elevating privileges when connecting to Windows computers from a Mac.
In this era of working from home during the pandemic, Bomgar has been the perfect solution in connecting to users to assist them with their tech support needs. With both the tech support and our users working remotely we have been able to provide our full support to our users without anyone having to go into the office. Even after we return to the office we plan on continuing to use Bomgar to provide support so we can maintain social distancing. Even before the pandemic our campus tech support used this resource widely to support users all across campus. It is a wonderful product and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering a remote support tool.
We have been using this tool since March and it has enabled us to provide full support to our users while we are all working from home. Even after we return to the office it will allow us to provide better support to our users in other buildings. There are a number of features we haven't yet used, but it is good to know that we have a reliable tool to use to help us provide quality support.
June 24, 2020

Saved my bacon

We absolutely love Bomgar, or I guess now BeyondTrust Remote Support. It makes my job possible from almost anywhere. I can support someone even riding down the road from a laptop or cellphone. I have even worked while wading around in the ocean. Without it, we would be stuck with a much less secure option to provide remote support.
  • Ease of use
  • Good interface
  • Mobile app really comes in handy
  • I love the ability to use it without a download from any computer
  • Mobile app has some issues at times
Remote support has been a life saver. With our previous remote support products we had, our president was unable to be helped when he would have issues. It wasn't always, but it wasn't reliable enough. Now since we have gone with BeyondTrust, I don't have those worries anymore. Even if something happened and a computer lost its way, or never had a path to us, you can point them to our portal to get support.
I haven't used the customer support since Beyond Trust has taken over, but if it's the same as Bomgar, it's great. They always solved my issue within a reasonable amount of time. Most of them while I was on the phone or within an hour by email.
BeyondTrust Remote Support allows us to support our users at over 125 branch offices across the state. We use it for computer support and troubleshooting as well as one-on-one training. We have approximately 25 support specialists and trainers that utilize the system daily. With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, BeyondTrust Remote Support has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%.
  • Remotely access systems of all types (PC's, Macs, Phones, & Tablets)
  • When called we can jump into users' systems using preinstalled Jump Client without the users having to do anything.
  • I would like for the audio from a connected device to be accessed for troubleshooting.
  • Product is more expensive than competing products.
BeyondTrust Remote Support works well for connecting to systems behind firewalls. It only requires ports 80/443 to connect for full access and control of users computer. Works well with users that have slow connection speeds.
Over 12+ years of experience with this product, it is extremely reliable, requires very little maintenance and is a solid performer in our everyday IT toolbox. On the one or two occasions that I needed technical support, they were very fast to get us back up and running.
Andrew Nordgren | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the organization. We are using it to replace less secure remote tools, like VNC and TeamViewer, which have been used in the company for years.
  • Security.
  • User-friendly.
  • Robust options when deploying to computers.
  • Admin management.
  • Automation.
  • LDAP issues.
It's great for getting security to buy into a tool, with a great external portal for users. It could use a lot of help for administration. Once you get to a certain amount of jump groups it would be easier to manage with scripting to automate processes, but there isn't any documentation on it.
Support has been slow to help with some of the issues we have had. We have found a solution for most, but not all of them. There's nothing wrong with their support. It's just average.
We are currently using BeyondTrust to remotely control 200 endpoints. With a wide variety of tools that can be used during the remote session, this is a great remote tool.
  • Reliability.
  • It offers a wide variety of tools.
  • Connectivity.
  • Reporting.
  • System description.
  • More chat features.
  • Delay time when starting a session.
It's well suited for Office use. Very useful when you have remote locations, this allows you to connect to machines from anywhere.

I would not use this in an environment with less than 50 machines in one office.
The support was alright.
October 01, 2019

Best in class!

Jeff Crossley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for remote support for PC, VDI and mobile devices. It saves us time to control these devices remotely to optimize and speed up the troubleshooting processes.
  • Remote control of devices.
  • Information gathering of said devices.
  • Ease of use for users to connect to us.
  • Installation and upgrades.
Excellent for IT departments that have remote or internet-based users for remote support.
Excellent support when upgrading or issues with certificates.
Brett Hone | TrustRadius Reviewer
BeyondTrust is being used by us for remote support at our service desk. It is very beneficial in allowing us to remote to any machine with an internet connection, whether they are on our network or not. This has helped a lot with employees that work at home. We have also been using it for whitelisting some applications to allow users to install them or manipulate them as needed without the need to provide admin rights.
  • Remote support is quick and easy.
  • Allowing users to install apps without the need for local admin rights.
  • File transfers have been helpful as well.
  • None.
A scenario where beyond trust really shines is when a user is not at home, or they are on a vacation or business trip in some foreign country and have any issue that needs to be solved. As long as they have an internet connection you can remote to their computer and fix software problems they may be having.
I have not had to deal with their support so I am not sure how great or poor it would be. I would imagine it would be great but again I haven't had to use it yet.
Currently, we use it in the IT department. We use it for server management and to remotely assist end-users on their computers.
  • Ease of management.
  • User-friendly.
  • Easy to deploy.
  • Ability to swap screen sharing.
  • Better chat session functionality.
BeyondTrust Remote Support is very well-suited for remote computer or server management.
The support is very easy to work with and always helps us in an efficient and timely manner.
Remote Support is used by our Service Desk and Level II support technicians. This application allows us to remote into devices across our entire organization. We have over 8000 endpoints, 12000 mobile devices in locations throughout the US.
  • Support Sessions are easy to set up
  • Configuration was simple
  • Upgrades are easily implemented
  • Un-attended remote sessions are not possible without paying for extra tools
  • Client upgrades can be finicky
Well suited for remote access to devices in remote locations where a user would need assistance. It is not well suited for IOS remote support.
Support is good. I have not had to use it much which is also a good thing.
Jason Dixon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bomgar Remote Support Software makes life easier. It's very easy to connect with others and have a look at the issue, rather than guess what it is. I use it daily!
  • Easy connection.
  • Admin support.
  • Option for a great report with the survey.
  • Bigger screen resolution.
  • Mobile phone support - it could be in play already I just don't use it.
  • Can't think of a third.
Well suited: Remote support.

Not suited - Assisting with a video call like Skype, because I can't hear the volume.
They were helpful.
August 05, 2019

Rockin IT with Bomgar

J. D. Steiger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bomgar to access remote user PCs to assist them with questions, issues, and training. Other departments use it for various reasons as well.
  • Secure connections that terminate and uninstall at session disconnect. These are important because we deal with sensitive information and is required by our internal controls. Bomgar is excellent at this.
  • Scripting reduces the time to deploy software
  • One thing that Bomgar could do better is to provide more logging natively without relying on products like ServiceNow to capture the logs for them. The logging options should be able to be modified by administrators. The logs should also be role restrictable.
  • Cannot use multiple resource files in a script and not enough space for storing the resource files.
It is extremely well suited for desktop and laptop computer access. I have not used it for mobile devices but other colleagues say that it could use a significant amount of improvement in that area. The interface on mobile devices is clunky and slow. Other comments I have heard are that there are a number of disconnects that occur on mobile devices. Specifically android devices.
Alan Glenister MBCS | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bomgar in the ICT department to take control of various corporate PC's across the campus and at remote campuses to reduce the need for desk side visits.
  • Brings many remote support tools into one location making it easier to use for for both our less experienced technicians and our technical experts.
  • The reporting features of Bomgar, in particular session recording is a great tool to record complex issues.
  • Canned Scripts are excellent for reducing the time to deploy various utilities and software.
  • I would like to see the ability for individual canned scripts to be able to use more than one resource file.
  • I would like to see a 'wysiwyg' editor for the Public Site Web Template (in addition to the html editor).
  • I would like to have more space for canned script resource files.
The obvious use for this product is to take over control of a remote computer to investigate issues and/or to train clients on how to use various software but the other utilities built into Bomgar should not be over looked. As an example, we can remotely check various resources of a PC when a request comes in for demanding software (such as molecular modeling software) to ensure the PC in question is of sufficient specification.
The support from BeyondTrust is excellent.
Bomgar Remote Support Software is only used by the IT department to support end users and to gain unattended remote access to manage the servers in our environment. It enables our support technicians to assist users on any platform from anywhere.
  • Support from anywhere.
  • Support for any platform.
  • Support to anywhere.
  • The one functionality that was missing, being able to blank the end user's screen while working on it, has been added back in the most current release. I have no complaints now.
Bomgar is now part of BeyondTrust. The Remote Support Software is easily used for end-user support, both attended and unattended. Our institution also uses it for unattended server support and maintenance situations as well. With the blank screen functionality back in the product, it is easier to work on an end-user's computer to update some features.
We use it as our primary remote support service to help troubleshoot and fix issues with our users. This product is used by our entire IT Department. It helps with immediate or rapid support from our team to our end users.
  • Remote support service.
  • File sharing.
  • Desktop and screen sharing.
  • None that I can tell.
For a small support team for schools this product is invaluable! We don't always have time to leave our desks to travel across the campus, and being able to remote into a machine as tickets arrive has saved us time on our support calls.
They are always able to help with my issue in a timely manner, and they are always patient and supportive.
We use Bomgar to connect remotely to client computers. This tool allows us to further troubleshoot issues before sending tickets to an onsite tech.
  • Bomgar allows us to take control of a computer remotely using a website.
  • Users can access the website from anywhere.
  • We are able to elevate rights and use admin credentials if needed through to the Bomgar console.
  • Entering admin credentials through the console is not always very easy.
  • It can be difficult to get users to navigate to the correct Bomgar webpage.
  • Switching monitors for users who use multiple screens is not very easy.
Bomgar is great for companies that have users who work both at home and in an office setting. The ability to use a webpage for connection makes this simple. It is not as easy to use for people who are using multiple monitors or those who are not "tech savvy".
The main business problems we are solving is that of being able to more reliably remote to customer's computers.
We use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.
  • You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms.
  • The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense.
  • Sometimes it takes multiple steps to get approved to fully control the user's computer. This is probably because of their security settings but it's annoying.
  • Auto Times out after inactivity if there are no sessions in progress.
I would recommend this program if you are looking for an easy to use remote support system that will allow outside employees or staff to remotely access in-office computers. This is particularly helpful for an IT service desk.

August 06, 2018

Ease of use

Andrew Breyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bomgar is used to remote different users across oour two campuses. It makes it easy to contact a user, ask for their machine asset tag, and quickly and securely remote into their PC. Because we are able to have this be a solution we can deploy across campus, it works very well.
  • Security and user confirmation for accepting screen share
  • Char and sharing files
  • Latency is next to none
  • Refresh button gone in latest update
  • Make it easier to remove the sidebar completely
  • Integration with more of our tools
It is very helpful for deployment across our two campuses. We can remote from CSB campus to SJU campus and even remote to users off campus, and overseas, so long as they have reliable internet access. Because we can do this so quickly and easily, the user sees little struggle when they need to initiate a remote session. They simply provide the IT Staff with the 5 digit asset tag and we can look it up.
We used Bomgar 2 years ago to provide secure remote support to end users. It replaced TeamViewer as it provides reporting, SAML authentication and integration with ServiceNow. We can now provide monthly metrics reports to leadership for all our technicals and groups utilizing Bomgar remote support. The SAML authentication provides secure 2 step authentication for all our techs. The ServiceNow integration has been tested and will be rolled out in our organization later this year.
  • SAML authentication works perfectly enabling us to set up members in workgroups to provide secure access
  • Reporting: Detailed usage by techs on all the remote sessions they performed each month
  • Integration with ServiceNow is a feature we are excited to implement later this year
  • Reporting is limited to a set number of past days and requires an additional purchase to retain data long-term
  • Chat support needs to be able to be set for certain hours within the system
Well suited for both small and large organizations. Licensing costs are per concurrent technician usage so it scales well for all organizations. Chat support still needs some improvement in terms of set chat hours and multilingual support (which is a 3rd party additional cost add-on)
Kendall Pegg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have 150 local network accessible users running the jump client we can access without requiring user assistance. We have 70,000 customers and any other remote system that we can gain access to via the web portal. We use the presentation portion of the application frequently to share a desktop for multiple users to view. Bomgar Remote Support Software is an awesome application that has made remote access/management of system a breeze. Can't imagine having to work without it.
  • Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group.
  • Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location.
  • Ability have multiple users log into one remote system.
  • Ability to transfer access to another user.
  • Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.
  • System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support.
  • System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user.
  • Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.
The application is well suited for instances when random outside users need support. Remote users needing assistance do not need any software loaded, just access the support web site or you can send them an email with a link. They load a small temporary client application and magically you have access to their system.
Jeremy Stephens | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company switched to Bomgar several years ago. Our Customer Support team used it to screen share with customers and it was much more accepted by our customers' IT team. Since then our professional services team and internal IT adopted. Our Development team can review the video recordings to see the exact situation the customer is encountering.
  • Being able to collaborate when needed was great. I didn't have to share my screen via messenger with my teammate, but just have them get into the session.
  • As a manager, it was good to be able to use the rep viewer when listening to calls for quality control (live) or recorded. And those recordings help our engineering team see what goes on too.
  • The surveys from screen sharing give us another insight into the customer health.
  • The reporting is a bit cumbersome. Having to cross reference the three reports before we can associate with CRM information.
We find even the banks and financial services firms are receptive to using the screen sharing. They place strict restrictions on accessing their data instance, in some cases hosting on premise instead of cloud. But their IT accepts the Bomgar tool for screen sharing to help resolve support questions.
Hunter Rice | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bomgar Remote Support Software is used by our department to support ourselves and a handful of other department scattered across campus. This is extremely helpful when the issue is urgent and requires immediate attention or there is bad weather that would make the trek across campus difficult or otherwise unpleasant.
  • Bomgar is easy to use and sessions can be initiated by the user or the technician.
  • Bomgar is compatible with a wide variety of devices and most devices can be Bomgar'd to and Bomgar'd from.
  • I have no complaints with this product.
Bomgar Remote Support Software works for our group size but could be scaled up very easily to support an even larger user base. It allows me to provide support to users no matter were I am located, whether I am at my desktop at work, at home, or on my phone so it has a vast number of use cases.