Reviews (1-25 of 102)
I would not use this in an environment with less than 50 machines in one office.
- Remotely access systems of all types (PC's, Macs, Phones, & Tablets)
- When called we can jump into users' systems using preinstalled Jump Client without the users having to do anything.
- I would like for the audio from a connected device to be accessed for troubleshooting.
- Product is more expensive than competing products.
- Secure connections that terminate and uninstall at session disconnect. These are important because we deal with sensitive information and is required by our internal controls. Bomgar is excellent at this.
- Scripting reduces the time to deploy software
- One thing that Bomgar could do better is to provide more logging natively without relying on products like ServiceNow to capture the logs for them. The logging options should be able to be modified by administrators. The logs should also be role restrictable.
- Cannot use multiple resource files in a script and not enough space for storing the resource files.
- Brings many remote support tools into one location making it easier to use for for both our less experienced technicians and our technical experts.
- The reporting features of Bomgar, in particular session recording is a great tool to record complex issues.
- Canned Scripts are excellent for reducing the time to deploy various utilities and software.
- I would like to see the ability for individual canned scripts to be able to use more than one resource file.
- I would like to see a 'wysiwyg' editor for the Public Site Web Template (in addition to the html editor).
- I would like to have more space for canned script resource files.
Not suited - Assisting with a video call like Skype, because I can't hear the volume.
- Support from anywhere.
- Support for any platform.
- Support to anywhere.
- The one functionality that was missing, being able to blank the end user's screen while working on it, has been added back in the most current release. I have no complaints now.
Our institution also uses it for unattended server support and maintenance situations as well. With the blank screen functionality
back in the product, it is easier to work on an end-user's computer to
update some features.
- Bomgar allows us to take control of a computer remotely using a website.
- Users can access the website from anywhere.
- We are able to elevate rights and use admin credentials if needed through to the Bomgar console.
- Entering admin credentials through the console is not always very easy.
- It can be difficult to get users to navigate to the correct Bomgar webpage.
- Switching monitors for users who use multiple screens is not very easy.
We use Bomgar so that we can see the end user's machine and essentially do the work ourselves if needed versus trying to have the end user do the work.
- You can use it to screen share on multiple platforms.
- The amount of information that you can collect from a customer's computer without even screen sharing is immense.
- Sometimes it takes multiple steps to get approved to fully control the user's computer. This is probably because of their security settings but it's annoying.
- Auto Times out after inactivity if there are no sessions in progress.
- Security and user confirmation for accepting screen share
- Char and sharing files
- Latency is next to none
- Refresh button gone in latest update
- Make it easier to remove the sidebar completely
- Integration with more of our tools
- The ease of remote access Bomgar allows is second to none. You have many options when it comes to remote support from the Bomgar button on the end user side to manual entry of that machine's ID or IP address. If you want to use RDP, they do that too.
- Performance is always up for discussion when all situations and networks are different. But when we were seeing connection and graphics issues with 2 other remote solutions, Bomgar just worked and did it well.
- If features are your thing, Bomgar has that and then some. And they are always adding to the toolbag. They are more than remote access and I see their role increasing and the tools too.
- Only issue I really have is the jump client goes to queu when our remote vendors shut down their machine. Works in our favor if we lose our connection but that never happens. And this is such a small issue but had to put something in here.
- Allows groups to be set up and limit system access by the group.
- Ability to wake system at remote locations if one system with the client loaded is running at the remote location.
- Ability have multiple users log into one remote system.
- Ability to transfer access to another user.
- Web browser access to support agents devices when the application is not available.
- System is difficult to set up initially without assistance from Bomgar support.
- System remote access can only be limited by groups not per user.
- Sometimes difficult to find options when administering the system.
- Being able to collaborate when needed was great. I didn't have to share my screen via messenger with my teammate, but just have them get into the session.
- As a manager, it was good to be able to use the rep viewer when listening to calls for quality control (live) or recorded. And those recordings help our engineering team see what goes on too.
- The surveys from screen sharing give us another insight into the customer health.
- The reporting is a bit cumbersome. Having to cross reference the three reports before we can associate with CRM information.
- Bomgar is easy to use and sessions can be initiated by the user or the technician.
- Bomgar is compatible with a wide variety of devices and most devices can be Bomgar'd to and Bomgar'd from.
- I have no complaints with this product.
- Security security security! they are in my opinion ahead of the game on level of security offered
- Extremely easy for my users to interact with me. Simply send them to my internal web page and away we go!
- Audit logs and trails that will satisfy every thing I want to know and more
- I wish they had a little more Ipad support integration however that is not Bomgar's fault!
- Allows analysts to fully access a user's PC or Mac to assist with software issues.
- Is a very secure way to remotely assist user.
- Allows analyst to see all displays.
- The user interface is a bit clunky and could be polished or streamlined.
- It is difficult at times for the user to download and run the Bomgar program through different web browsers.
- Can be difficult for the user to access the website based on their web browser.
Bomgar is not suited for users who are connected on the same network as there are other, simpler applications that would work better.
- SAML authentication works perfectly enabling us to set up members in workgroups to provide secure access
- Reporting: Detailed usage by techs on all the remote sessions they performed each month
- Integration with ServiceNow is a feature we are excited to implement later this year
- Reporting is limited to a set number of past days and requires an additional purchase to retain data long-term
- Chat support needs to be able to be set for certain hours within the system
Chat support still needs some improvement in terms of set chat hours and multilingual support (which is a 3rd party additional cost add-on)
- I like how Bomgar gives me and my team the ability for remote support to any system or mobile device, anywhere
- We can connect quickly to remote PCs and devices, see the screen and control the device, and have support whether we are on or off the network.
- We have support whether we are on or off the network.
- I would say the thing I like the thing I like the least about this software is the price
- Using Bomgar when a system is infected with malware is challenging.
- If you leave it open long enough without actively using it, there is this annoying pop up that appears.
Great for real-time IT support
- I remoted into an unmanned PC this afternoon using the jump client and was able to resolve a high urgency issue. Once I initiated the connection it went right in and I was able to work. No lag and not delay either.
- We also can send an email to a user have them use the link to access a PC across the internet that is not on our network. This is really good for out of band support.
- The chat and file transfer functions are really there to communicate to the user and to transfer files to the remote PC or back to some other location.
- It would be great if it had wake on LAN functionality. That way you could power up a PC that is powered off and do your work, then power it back off. All without bothering the user.
- Sometimes when updating the client it does not go as smooth as one would like. IT would be nice for the client to detect that there is a new client available and download it, giving the user the option of installing.
- Upgrading the client on the console is not that easy to do either. Have had to get Bomgar support involved to get it done on at least one instance. It really should be easier.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)
BeyondTrust says it helps support teams of all sizes improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled remote support to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world.
BeyondTrust offers deployment options that can fit a company’s business needs. The vendor says their on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements for years. Additionally, the vendor says the unique segmentation capabilities of their cloud deployment gives users cloud without compromise.
With BeyondTrust, users can support all of their systems over the web, even if they are behind firewalls they don't control. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution enables support teams to reduce the amount of time spent on incident handling since it is done via one solution. Technicians can support remote computers running Windows, Mac, and Linux … or mobile devices running Android, iOS, or BlackBerry. Additionally, they can offer support from their preferred device, even if it's an Android tablet or iPad.
BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Bomgar Connect||$49/mo per license|
BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry|