BigCommerce Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Kari Docekal profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We are really very likely to renew our use of BigCommerce. The reason I chose 9 instead of 10 is simply because of the hiccups we are running into with our POS. BigCommerce is excellent, but we may even want to take a step further and get into and ERP that can take care of everything. Since we are a brick & mortar store first, and eCommerce second, our POS is very important to our day to day operations.
Read Kari Docekal's full review
Klint McInturff profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

BigCommerce is a solid platform with a lot of out of the box features. It is very stable. In the past 6 years of using it, it has only gone down once and was back up within minutes. With the Stencil framework, the sky is the limit on customizations for advanced developers. BigCommerce has a lot to offer both basic and advanced users.
Read Klint McInturff's full review
Joe Burnham profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

The platform is big enough to fit our current needs, it is ever-expanding to fit our future needs. The tutorials teach us everything we need to fully harness the offerings and trends in our special market. We don't see any need to go to another platform when this one is more than enough.
Read Joe Burnham's full review
Matt Russell profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We are VERY happy with BigCommerce's ability to manage our needs for running our business. All other eCommerce platforms fall short of what is offered by BigCommerce in almost all ways. We don't plan on leaving BC anytime soon! Love it and highly recommend to others who need an eCommerce solution.
Read Matt Russell's full review
September 19, 2019

Long time User's Review

Likelihood to Renew

Ive been using big commerce since the start of my business. I've seen many companies hop to shopify but for now, I'm sticking with BC. My main complaint is if you make an error entering a product, all of your work is immediately erased. No undo button, it's just gone and that is infuriating to me.

Likelihood to Renew

BigCommerce is a great platform! It does the job and has a very good API set. I would definitely recommend it to others, but I would warn them about the cost associated with BigCommerce. There are lower cost solutions, but definitely not as feature rich as BigCommerce. It's definitely not perfect, and has a few wrinkles to iron, but nothing is ever perfect. It does the job for us and I do enjoy using the platform!!
Vin Campbell profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Well - I am singing the praises of the BigCommerce platform. To date, I can honestly say that I have no real complaints about their entire system. When you have 99.9% uptime (I haven't personally experienced, nor had a customer contact me regarding an outage) and no hidden or extra fees, I'd call it a praiseworthy experience overall and find no reason not to renew.
Read Vin Campbell's full review
Vinny Hebert profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I will continue to offer Bigcommerce to my clients until I find something better. I like a lot of the features that are coming, some I'm not at liberty to discuss but I'm concerned that the change of their pricing table will affect my willingness to continue to recommend this product. Their unofficial motto was they don't penalize you for being successful by not charging additional fees besides the monthly fee. Now they've incorporated a transaction fee on their cheapest plan and increased the monthly cost by $10.
Read Vinny Hebert's full review
Joanne Barker profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Compared to many of the hosted solutions out there, BigCommerce is the most polished and has the most potential. If they can improve on the timeliness of the bug fixes and more flushed out enhancements, they will be a formidable player in the eCommerce landscape.
Read Joanne Barker's full review
Danny Leary profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Cost is great. Basic support and guidance is included. Overall they are a great company to deal with. I'm happy with the technical aspects of the platform, the admin / store administration area, and the feature set. They've added support for a blog now and have some excellent marketing tools.
Read Danny Leary's full review
Jason Castillo profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Unless there was a simple way to transfer our BC store onto a different system without having to rebuild (like Shopify) I don't think it would be worth the effort to switch. Also, employees have become used to the BC system and despite a few flaws it is working pretty well for us.
Read Jason Castillo's full review

Product catalog & listings (279)
Product management (276)
Bulk product upload (210)
Branding (247)
Mobile storefront (272)
Product variations (267)
Website integration (235)
Visual customization (273)
CMS (193)
Abandoned cart recovery (248)
Checkout user experience (270)
eCommerce security (270)
9.7
Promotions & discounts (258)
Personalized recommendations (208)
Inventory management (228)
Shipping (233)
Custom functionality (233)

About BigCommerce

According to the vendor, BigCommerce is one of the leading cloud ecommerce platforms for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce aims to help businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time, and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.

The vendor says that the product provides the following benefits to customers:

Customize and innovate at a lower total cost of ownership
Build in HTML, CSS, and Javascript
96% of brands relaunch in 2-4 months
Test and push changes without downtime in a local environment

Focus on generating sales, less on monitoring security & performance
PCI DSS 3.2 certified at Level 1
99.99% median uptime
Multiple layers of security through the Google Cloud Platform

Leverage your existing tech stack with flexible APIs
90% of platform data is exposed to APIs
400+ API calls per second
Headless commerce out-of-the-box, across any front-end

Solve your toughest challenges with SaaS
B2B, Wholesale