BigCommerce Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Matthew Walker profile photo

Return on Investment

• It has helped me streamline orders from my various channels and bring them together in one place.
  • Finding marketing tools that integrate with BigCommerece is easy and has helped me find website visitors other platforms have not.
  • The average order value has increased since using this platform.
Read Matthew Walker's full review
Mark Linkhorst profile photo

Return on Investment

• Our business has grown year over year using BigCommerce and has had a very positive impact on ROI
  • We've seen our conversion rate grow once we dropped the free theme and upgraded to a paid theme for the visual experience for our customers. We only made this change in June but the conversion rate chart is on a steady incline since the upgrade. Free themes may be a good place to start out but once you get the kinks worked out, you should look for a better front end by getting a paid theme.
  • We are more streamlined for larger volume days in terms of managing the fulfillment side of things and BigCommerce keeps everything organized very well.
Read Mark Linkhorst's full review
Stephen Oostdyk profile photo

Return on Investment

• Using BigCommerce with the integrated ShipStation app has helped me save time immensely for processing shipping.
  • Among our products is a digital download. BigCommerce has made it possible for us to sell our downloadable product.
  • Merely by using BigCommerce, I've been ranked on page one of Google and other search engines. I have not had to pay for SEO. This has given us greater visibility to customers searching for what we offer.
Read Stephen Oostdyk's full review
Sandi Keller profile photo

Return on Investment

• A big factor for us was having the unlimited visitor ability without an increase in cost making our marketing much easier. Our brand is one that takes a minimum of 4-7 visits before a customer commits. our previous platform charged on bandwidth so we had to really watch our marketing efforts, with BC we have been able to experience a minimum of 20% increase in sales year after year without any worry of our site costing us every penny of profit. This alone has given us the ability to expand the line with more than twice the amount of products we make, in turn giving our customers more options.
Read Sandi Keller's full review
Mark Hughey profile photo

Return on Investment

• The ease of use of Bigcommerce has saved our company from hiring a lot of outside developers. We do use them, but not as often and this keeps costs down.
  • There are many apps and programs that integrate with BigCommerce, and since we are on an Enterprise plan, many are included that are not available except at a high price with other carts. This has put money in our pocket since they are included.
Read Mark Hughey's full review
Merritt Hansen profile photo

Return on Investment

• We are now attracting more local customers because our website is showing up in their Google searches.
  • We can now direct customers who call us to our own website for purchase and browsing. We used to only have our products listed online on eBay.
  • I love offering customized discounts. BigCommerce makes it easy to customize any aspect of a sale or discount code.
Read Merritt Hansen's full review
Mary Collins profile photo

Return on Investment

• It allows me to manage my own website without depending much on developers, which is the main reason I went to BC. That is a huge savings in time and money.
  • I can't say that BC has helped me increase traffic to the tpet.com website (as opposed to other platforms I have used--Magento, WordPress, custom). I can't say that it hasn't, though, either. I can't differentiate BC impact on that versus other factors. I know that traffic is a lot less than it used to be, but that's probably not the platform's issue. Nevertheless, I can't say that BC has helped me with that, either.
Read Mary Collins's full review
Joyce Counts profile photo

Return on Investment

• It has reduced our costs per sale over the fees we pay per sale elsewhere.
  • It allows us to show more products for one price. Which is really fantastic in my book.
  • It makes me wish my Etsy site were as price effective and easy to customize listings.
Read Joyce Counts's full review
David Fitzpatrick profile photo

Return on Investment

• We run our entire business from BigCommerce. We are set to turnover more than $1 million in our first year with only 2 employees. A lot of that is thanks to BigCommerce.
  • I have extra work because the stock side does not handle back-orders. Please fix this ASAP.
Read David Fitzpatrick's full review
Krisstina Hawks profile photo

Return on Investment

• I spend far less time coaching customers through a sale. They find the item on our site and purchase it, no problem.
  • My employees ask fewer questions because they can find the answers they are looking for in the notes for the order.
  • Our website is intuitive and easy to use, even on mobile.
Read Krisstina Hawks's full review
Libby Herbert profile photo

Return on Investment

• It allowed me to have a business that was accessible to customers 24 hours a day
  • It allowed me to create a new concept of people being able to book balloon deliveries online
  • The basket recovery emails worked really well and were so easy to set up, these helped save a lot of sales.
Read Libby Herbert's full review
Sandra Bell profile photo

Return on Investment

• Not sure as I was so small when I started. Until I brought in someone to handle my Google Ad words and SEO, I didn't see a major increase in business.
  • Did feel like BigCommerce made me look like a real company and not just a thrown together website.
  • Easier for customer to communicate with me and offers opportunities for me to communicate back.
Read Sandra Bell's full review
Sachin Pawa profile photo

Return on Investment

• We never had one store front with all our SKUs across categorizes and brands, BigCommerce allowed that.
  • We have grown 200% MOM after going on pro plan.
  • Our CPA has gone down by 70% while our conversion rate has tripled over last year.
Read Sachin Pawa's full review
Maureen Murphy profile photo

Return on Investment

• We are more interested as an organization in getting our message out there and less focused on the money end of it. We need to meet certain expenses obviously, but our objective is probably not the average focus for an organization. The reports I am able to pull each month help us strategize on which areas are more receptive to our customers and would be best emphasized in our advertising in other online media sources.
Read Maureen Murphy's full review

Product catalog & listings (271)
Product management (268)
Bulk product upload (205)
Branding (239)
Mobile storefront (264)
Product variations (259)
Website integration (228)
Visual customization (265)
CMS (188)
Abandoned cart recovery (240)
Checkout user experience (262)
eCommerce security (262)
9.7
Promotions & discounts (251)
Personalized recommendations (204)
Inventory management (222)
Shipping (227)
Custom functionality (228)

About BigCommerce

According to the vendor, BigCommerce is one of the leading cloud ecommerce platforms for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce aims to help businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time, and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.

The vendor says that the product provides the following benefits to customers:

Customize and innovate at a lower total cost of ownership
Build in HTML, CSS, and Javascript
96% of brands relaunch in 2-4 months
Test and push changes without downtime in a local environment

Focus on generating sales, less on monitoring security & performance
PCI DSS 3.2 certified at Level 1
99.99% median uptime
Multiple layers of security through the Google Cloud Platform

Leverage your existing tech stack with flexible APIs
90% of platform data is exposed to APIs
400+ API calls per second
Headless commerce out-of-the-box, across any front-end

Solve your toughest challenges with SaaS
B2B, Wholesale