BigTime Software Reviews

February 03, 2021
Laura Jackson, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
The accounting department primarily uses BigTime, however all staff submit timesheets through the system. The system allows us to bill time to certain projects/clients.
  • Easy on the Eyes - organized well
  • Ability to access/open/navigate several accounts and clients at once
  • Reporting capabilities
  • QB to BT are not easily transferable.
BigTime software is best when managing several different clients with different invoicing needs. We are able to generate different types of invoices for clients with extensive detail.
Read Laura Jackson, MBA's full review
February 26, 2021
Our entire organization moved to the Bigtime Platform for our Billing and Project Management. It is by far a more flexible program than the one that was in place for more than 15+ years.
  • Invoice Style and detail..Bigtime allows the user the ability to choose more of what you need to appear on your invoice with its window options.
  • Phase/Percentage Billing; ease of adding additional phases to a project mid-project; clearly identifying Retainers
  • Support Team- In particular Melissa D and Lina Z...Par Excellent on the Teams
  • WHIP/Reports/Review of Invoices just make the entire billing process a BREEZE has cut my time frame in half, a Incredible help in this Season of Remote Work Environment that we are adapting to.
  • Logo Pixels
  • Chat hours
My Experience is that BigTime might actually be the ONLY billing solution I have worked with that would ACTUALLY be compatible across any industry. If it can be flexible enough to fit the parameters of Designers/Project managers parameters such as ours, the other industries should be a breeze!
February 19, 2021
We use BigTime Software on a companywide basis to track time, expenses, budgets, and to draft and send invoices and proposals to our clients.
  • Highly customizable invoice configuration
  • Powerful reporting capabilities
  • Customizable user permissions structure
  • Easy budget tracking
  • Responsive and helpful onboarding and customer support team
  • The UI is not intuitive
  • Lacks visual representation of budgets (no available graphs or charts)
  • No dedicated proposals or estimates tab; these need to be treated as inactive projects
It's well suited for any small to midsize professional services company looking to track time and expenses and to draft and send invoices in one central location. The Quickbooks integration is fairly smooth as well.

I would not recommend it for workflow tracking, as there is a gantt chart function but it's relatively clunky and difficult to utilize.
January 14, 2021
Our firm uses BigTime for time entries, client data management, project tracking, and invoicing. The entire firm uses the software. BigTime addresses our need for simple and effective project tracking.
  • Easy customization
  • Fast and knowledgeable support
  • Integration with other products
  • Even more customization
  • Quicker bug resolution
  • Easier to use reporting
Well suited to medium or small companies who want to be able to quickly track projects. Not well suited if integration with other software is necessary.
November 30, 2020
We started using BigTime Software to better track staff time against projects and keep track of WIP. The program is easy to use and the chat support is quick to respond most of the time and able to help, especially in a pinch.
  • User friendly
  • Customizable options
  • Intergration tools
  • Allow more fields for customizable options
  • Submit feature should be located differently or a pop up
  • Previous screen when creating invoice templates
  • Support is friendly and helpful
  • Great follow up and quick to respond
  • Easily accessible
They are quick to respond and helpful.
September 04, 2020
Heather Brumbaugh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BigTime Software to track student attendance and billing. All of the administrative personnel use it to keep it updated and correct. It allows us to have access to the information for our clients anywhere and communicate remotely. We were previously tracking everything by hand, so this has been a major upgrade!
  • Customization.
  • Accessibility.
  • Tech support.
  • Connecting the scheduling to billing for invoicing in advance of services.
  • Deletion of fields that are not relevant to our company.
  • Allowing the current credit balance to be added to a report for quick sorting.
It is made for companies with multiple rates and employees to be able to track their individual expenses. It can also be customized for companies like ours that have a generally fixed rate. The program is very flexible and includes many options that do not apply to our situation, but would be useful for many other companies. It is helpful to be able to pick and choose the features that apply to us.
The support is amazing! They are always available through the chat interface in the program. Each support person has fully answered my questions the first time. I have had a positive experience with each inquiry. It is very important to me that I am able to get instant access to help so that I can make the most of the software and all of its capabilities.
Read Heather Brumbaugh's full review
May 27, 2020
Alexa Cleek | TrustRadius Reviewer
All employees of our organization use BigTime Software. BigTime is the easiest tool for entering and tracking time and expenses. It's easy to breakdown time by employee, department, project, task, etc., which is great for project management purposes. It is easy to integrate into other tools as well, like QuickBooks for example.
  • Entering/tracking time and expenses.
  • Reporting capabilities.
  • Mobile app.
  • I wish there was a button to view all companies logged in your BigTime platform (instead of having to view all projects).
For general employees, it is incredibly easy to enter and track time and expenses through BigTime. From an admin side, it is also easy to add new employees, companies, projects, tasks, and more to BigTime. From a project management standpoint, the reporting and automation capabilities native to BigTime are great and easy to use.
BigTime personnel is always responsive to emails. BigTime also has an expansive online knowledge base. BigTime also offers a lot of helpful and informative live webinars and pre-recorded webinars that are available to watch anytime on demand. BigTime employees do a good job of communicating new features and opportunities to us.
Read Alexa Cleek's full review
November 05, 2019
Rick Wacek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to track our work in process. Track time by team member. Billable time and unbillable time. Invoicing to clients
  • Time tracking
  • Invoicing
  • Tracking accumulated unbilled time and expenses by client
  • Billable and unbillable time by team member
  • Total work in process reporting
  • Customer support
  • Limitations on custom reporting
Ease in tracking time especially when moving between clients regularly. Providing management with reports on each team member’s billable vs. unbillable time. For companies that work remotely and virtually.
It seems they did not guide us sufficiently as a new user. Charged us for customer support time.
Read Rick Wacek's full review
June 17, 2019
ANDREW TOUTANT | TrustRadius Reviewer
BigTime is used across a video production company that I create designs and animation for and use it extensively for invoicing and project management. I mostly used the invoicing feature when a project was finished to send to billing. I'm not as familiar with the other features but found the invoicing great for my needs.
  • Invoicing
  • Project management
  • Time management
  • Interface
  • Layout
  • Storing files
It’s great for smaller to medium sized companies to submit invoices. I'm not as sure how well it works for very large companies since many things are inputed manually by the user. If there were more automated functions it may be better for larger businesses.
Read ANDREW TOUTANT's full review
August 28, 2018
Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently utilizing BigTime as our company's means to track budgets, time spent by employees, and creating invoices. It allows my employees to input timesheets, then in real time my managers can see where projects are, and finally my administrative team can then run reports on the financial health of projects and process invoices.
  • BigTime IQ allows us to dive deeper into the capabilities of the software and further customize the platform for our needs.
  • The BigTime IQ is extremely extensive and provides a wealth of knowledge.
  • While BigTime IQ provides information on virtually everything in the platform, it would be nice if the articles provided visuals showing step-by-step instructions on how to achieve what the text is instructing.
For a small business, BigTime is economical and robust enough to handle all our accounting needs. It is extremely customizable, but not 100%. As they continue to add features and functions through user feedback, larger companies or companies that need to be able to completely customize actions such as invoices and reporting may not see BigTime as useful. We've had great success in BigTime as it relates to time tracking, budget tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We love it!
Read Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE's full review
Jessica London | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use BigTime IQ for time tracking, expense tracking, project budgeting and status reporting.
  • BigTime IQ and QuickBooks seamlessly integrate information. This makes life much easier for timesheets and expenses.
  • When time is directly entered against phasing of projects, the budgets are clear and tracked live.
  • We don't use the invoicing portion of the program. This causes the Work In Progress to keep mounting and isn't gauged correctly.
BigTime is great for timesheet tracking- ease of accessibility for employees. They can download the mobile app and log their time when they remember to or when I need it immediately! Expenses are done the same way. You can upload the receipt from your phone.
Read Jessica London's full review
May 04, 2018
Tanner Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BigTime to track time spent on the client and internal projects across our PR agency.
  • BigTime is very simple and intuitive to use. It really didn't require any training for me to begin billing my time using BigTime.
  • There's a strong mobile app to use if you need to track your time on the go. This has been useful for when I forget to submit hours before a deadline and can do so away from a computer.
  • Easy to keep track of multiple clients and add/delete projects to avoid cluttering the list.
  • You have to manually "submit" timesheets even once they're filled, and several times there have been errors that cause submissions to fail without me realizing it. It's also easy to forget to submit once you've filled hours out.
It's great for an agency setting, where you are keeping track of multiple projects and clients. I'm not sure if there's functionality to "clock in" and "clock out".
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Max Mathews | TrustRadius Reviewer
BigGime IQ has made it very easy for me to input billable hours across multiple projects.
  • Intuitive
  • Simple
  • None
Professional services, where clients are billed regularly. Invoices can be sent from BT to QuickBooks Online.
Read Max Mathews's full review
August 22, 2018
BigTime is used across my entire organization to manage timesheets, expenses, PTO, etc. It makes it easy to have all of that important information in one place for both myself and the people I manage. Whether I'm in the office at my computer or on my phone using the mobile app, I can quickly access the information I need when it's most convenient for me.
  • Mobile app is easy to use
  • Simple process for submitting expenses
  • Easy to submit repetitive tasks on a timesheet
  • Reminder notifications
  • More timesheet view options
  • Customizable way to have repetitive projects/tasks each week
BigTime is well suited for a large organization in need of a simple, convenient platform for timesheet management. It is probably less suited for a smaller organization or one that won't benefit from the analytics and reporting available through the software.
August 22, 2018
We use it to track hours spent on a project, as well as submit expenses. We're able to manage our own timesheets, and our managers can pull information as necessary.
  • User-friendly. It's super simple to navigate.
  • Easy to access. There are both desktop and mobile versions.
  • Multi-functional. We can track time, view our vacation hours and submit expenses.
  • N/A
BigTime is most likely suitable for larger organizations with big projects, where hours spent on projects can impact profitability.

What is BigTime Software?

BigTime helps accountants, architects, engineers, IT-services firms, scientific and management consultants budget, track, and bill their most important asset: time.

BigTime is a system for project budgeting and planning, time and expense tracking, and invoicing/payments -- all backed by reporting and analytics to take the guesswork out of utilization, capacity planning, and project profitability.

Dashboards, analytics, and standard reports help leadership teams focus on real-time numbers, eliminating the need for a web of offline spreadsheets or manual tools.

BigTime Software Features

BigTime Software Video

BigTime: Your Partner in Firm Management

BigTime Software Downloadables

BigTime Software Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Slack, Zapier, Salesforce, Intuit Lacerte Tax, QuickBooks Desktop

BigTime Software Competitors