Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BigTime Software, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
BigTime is a system for project budgeting and planning, time and expense tracking, and invoicing/payments -- all backed by reporting and analytics to take the guesswork out of utilization, capacity planning, and project profitability.
Dashboards, analytics, and standard reports help leadership teams focus on real-time numbers, eliminating the need for a web of offline spreadsheets or manual tools.
- Supported: Time Tracking
- Supported: Resource Allocation
- Supported: Expense Tracking
- Supported: Project Management
- Supported: Billing & Invoicing
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: DCAA Timekeeping
- Supported: Cloud Integration
- Supported: Mobile App
- “Anytime we wanted to update our self-built time tracking system, I’d spend $5-10k worth of billable time on our own internal process. Finally, we agreed it was time to search for a professional time tracking system that could be customized to our needs.” - Scott S. Director or Operations, The iFish Group
- Everything you need to know about what PSA software is, how it works, and steps to evaluate the right option for your firm.
- Professional service firms rely on invoicing as a way to collect timely payments from clients, so how can you make this process easier and more accurate? This E-Book was designed to help solve common pain payments to do just that. Keep reading to learn more about how your billing and collections cycle can be shortened and easier on everyone.
- You know your firm’s website needs more visitors, but you might not know where to start, or how to tell if you’re doing a good job. It’s OK: that’s what Search Engine Optimization (SEO) was made to do. Check out this guide to learn how to improve your organic search results for your firm.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||United States, Canada|
- time tracking
- engagement management
- ease of use
- sync with quickbooks
- syncing with quickbooks
- adding time to invoices
- client information management
- Easy customization
- Fast and knowledgeable support
- Integration with other products
- Even more customization
- Quicker bug resolution
- Easier to use reporting
- User friendly
- Customizable options
- Intergration tools
- time management
- project billables
- Allow more fields for customizable options
- Submit feature should be located differently or a pop up
- Previous screen when creating invoice templates
- Color view still needs work
- Time tracking.
- Track hour of specific project.
- Good support.
- Improve mobile version.
- Manage deadline.
- Report Metrics.
- Send invoices.
- Projecting revenue.
- Better and faster supports.
- Better mobile version.
- Time tracking
- Tracking accumulated unbilled time and expenses by client
- Billable and unbillable time by team member
- Total work in process reporting
- Customer support
- Limitations on custom reporting
- Tech support.
- Connecting the scheduling to billing for invoicing in advance of services.
- Deletion of fields that are not relevant to our company.
- Allowing the current credit balance to be added to a report for quick sorting.
- Specific project-based time tracking
- Invoicing based on detailed time entries that assimilate into personalized template invoices
- The in-product customer service chat is extremely helpful and the representatives are knowledgable
- The project management side of the software is really clunky
- Certain batch changes to the clients and/or projects are not available
- When changing staffer rates, the unbilled time and expenses can fluctuate if you're not careful
- Invoicing is fairly easy
- Project management and tasks are easy to create
- Budgets are easily seen (monetary and time)
- For some types of projects, we are unable to use BigTime's invoicing feature. It would be nice if we could further customize invoices to fit our needs. We still have to use Quickbooks to complete certain invoices.
- Being able to create Purchase Orders in BigTime would be extremely useful to us. We currently use Quickbooks for this.
- It is intuitive.
- It is easy to use
- It helps us manage our tasks, which we weren't able to do in QuickBooks Online.
- I am having trouble figuring out how to drop time from invoice tracking (i.e.: billed as a lump sum, so I no longer want to see this time as a potential invoice that needs to be drafted).
- We still use QuickBooks and I have trouble uploading Invoices there.
- Invoice payment is difficult to navigate.
- Fantastic customer support
- Custom reports
- Flexible configuration
- No room for improvement
- We can issue various types of invoices
- Applying a payment is extremely easy
- I wish there were more on demand webinars
- It would be nice if an administrator was able to edit a staff members timesheet directly from their timesheet
This consulting service is only implemented in the information and technology department. We hope that in the future, it can be added to another department to maximize and streamline the work in our company.
One of the benefits [is] that we are obtaining from having implemented this consulting software in our company; [...] we can fulfill our work in the established term. Since it has the necessary tools to [...] [perform] quickly and comfortably, expanding our profitability and productivity [improved].
- I like the functionality of being able to make payments electronically and the amount of banks and payment methods that are available.
- Another very useful feature of this tool is that the system allows to set a parameter to perform automatic invoices.
- I also really like the amount of templates that this tool has. Since it allows us to make customizable reports to our clients.
- I would like the platform to save information in its database of the clients with whom we perform any type of professional service.
- I would also like to see the bank reconciliation option implemented.
- Among the aspects that I do not like about this tool, [is] that its user interface is not so intuitive, which means that we have to open several tabs to find the information we are looking for.
- Job Costing
- Live chat is sometimes hit or miss
- Reports are not clearly generated
- If you have to many columns it will cause a delay on the job list
- Invoice Style and detail..Bigtime allows the user the ability to choose more of what you need to appear on your invoice with its window options.
- Phase/Percentage Billing; ease of adding additional phases to a project mid-project; clearly identifying Retainers
- Support Team- In particular Melissa D and Lina Z...Par Excellent on the Teams
- WHIP/Reports/Review of Invoices just make the entire billing process a BREEZE has cut my time frame in half, a Incredible help in this Season of Remote Work Environment that we are adapting to.
- Logo Pixels
- Chat hours
- Highly customizable invoice configuration
- Powerful reporting capabilities
- Customizable user permissions structure
- Easy budget tracking
- Responsive and helpful onboarding and customer support team
- The UI is not intuitive
- Lacks visual representation of budgets (no available graphs or charts)
- No dedicated proposals or estimates tab; these need to be treated as inactive projects
I would not recommend it for workflow tracking, as there is a gantt chart function but it's relatively clunky and difficult to utilize.
- Easy on the Eyes - organized well
- Ability to access/open/navigate several accounts and clients at once
- Reporting capabilities
- QB to BT are not easily transferable.
- Entering/tracking time and expenses.
- Reporting capabilities.
- Mobile app.
- I wish there was a button to view all companies logged in your BigTime platform (instead of having to view all projects).
- Project management
- Time management
- Storing files
- BigTime IQ allows us to dive deeper into the capabilities of the software and further customize the platform for our needs.
- The BigTime IQ is extremely extensive and provides a wealth of knowledge.
- While BigTime IQ provides information on virtually everything in the platform, it would be nice if the articles provided visuals showing step-by-step instructions on how to achieve what the text is instructing.
- User-friendly. It's super simple to navigate.
- Easy to access. There are both desktop and mobile versions.
- Multi-functional. We can track time, view our vacation hours and submit expenses.
- BigTime IQ and QuickBooks seamlessly integrate information. This makes life much easier for timesheets and expenses.
- When time is directly entered against phasing of projects, the budgets are clear and tracked live.
- We don't use the invoicing portion of the program. This causes the Work In Progress to keep mounting and isn't gauged correctly.
- Mobile app is easy to use
- Simple process for submitting expenses
- Easy to submit repetitive tasks on a timesheet
- Reminder notifications
- More timesheet view options
- Customizable way to have repetitive projects/tasks each week
- BigTime is very simple and intuitive to use. It really didn't require any training for me to begin billing my time using BigTime.
- There's a strong mobile app to use if you need to track your time on the go. This has been useful for when I forget to submit hours before a deadline and can do so away from a computer.
- Easy to keep track of multiple clients and add/delete projects to avoid cluttering the list.
- You have to manually "submit" timesheets even once they're filled, and several times there have been errors that cause submissions to fail without me realizing it. It's also easy to forget to submit once you've filled hours out.