BigTime IQ is time and expense tracking software from Chicago-based BigTime Software.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/7i/kA/ACMXPDNPQ7D7.JPEGBigTime provides BIG helpWe are currently utilizing BigTime as our company's means to track budgets, time spent by employees, and creating invoices. It allows my employees to input timesheets, then in real time my managers can see where projects are, and finally my administrative team can then run reports on the financial health of projects and process invoices.,BigTime IQ allows us to dive deeper into the capabilities of the software and further customize the platform for our needs. The BigTime IQ is extremely extensive and provides a wealth of knowledge.,While BigTime IQ provides information on virtually everything in the platform, it would be nice if the articles provided visuals showing step-by-step instructions on how to achieve what the text is instructing.,10,Before BigTime, we were using Excel to track everything, creating invoices, and run reports. Getting on BigTime has saved us tons of time and effort which equates to dollars saved on labor. From a legal standpoint, BigTime has allowed us to be organized and prepared in the event we would need to present financial details to anyone.,BigTime makes time tracking and profitability a cinch all within 1 clickWe currently use BigTime IQ for time tracking, expense tracking, project budgeting and status reporting.,BigTime IQ and QuickBooks seamlessly integrate information. This makes life much easier for timesheets and expenses. When time is directly entered against phasing of projects, the budgets are clear and tracked live.,We don't use the invoicing portion of the program. This causes the Work In Progress to keep mounting and isn't gauged correctly.,8,We are able to more closely monitor our projects by phase to see how our estimates are doing.,,QuickBooks ProBigTime IQ is awesomeBigGime IQ has made it very easy for me to input billable hours across multiple projects.,Intuitive Simple,None,9,Ease of use for all employees Widespread tracking across projects,BigTime Gets The Job DoneBigTime is used across my entire organization to manage timesheets, expenses, PTO, etc. It makes it easy to have all of that important information in one place for both myself and the people I manage. Whether I'm in the office at my computer or on my phone using the mobile app, I can quickly access the information I need when it's most convenient for me.,Mobile app is easy to use Simple process for submitting expenses Easy to submit repetitive tasks on a timesheet,Reminder notifications More timesheet view options Customizable way to have repetitive projects/tasks each week,10,Saves time Streamlines expenses Improved ROI,,Trello, Slack, Google Drive, Smartsheet, GatherBigTime Review from Mid-Size AgencyWe use it to track hours spent on a project, as well as submit expenses. We're able to manage our own timesheets, and our managers can pull information as necessary.,User-friendly. It's super simple to navigate. Easy to access. There are both desktop and mobile versions. Multi-functional. We can track time, view our vacation hours and submit expenses.,N/A,10
BigTime Software

BigTime Software Reviews

BigTime Software
Filter 11 vetted BigTime Software reviews and ratings

Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE profile photo
August 28, 2018

BigTime Software Review: "BigTime provides BIG help"

• BigTime IQ allows us to dive deeper into the capabilities of the software and further customize the platform for our needs.
  • The BigTime IQ is extremely extensive and provides a wealth of knowledge.
  • While BigTime IQ provides information on virtually everything in the platform, it would be nice if the articles provided visuals showing step-by-step instructions on how to achieve what the text is instructing.
For a small business, BigTime is economical and robust enough to handle all our accounting needs. It is extremely customizable, but not 100%. As they continue to add features and functions through user feedback, larger companies or companies that need to be able to completely customize actions such as invoices and reporting may not see BigTime as useful. We've had great success in BigTime as it relates to time tracking, budget tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We love it!
Read Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE's full review
Jessica London profile photo
August 22, 2018

BigTime Software Review: "BigTime makes time tracking and profitability a cinch all within 1 click"

• BigTime IQ and QuickBooks seamlessly integrate information. This makes life much easier for timesheets and expenses.
  • When time is directly entered against phasing of projects, the budgets are clear and tracked live.
  • We don't use the invoicing portion of the program. This causes the Work In Progress to keep mounting and isn't gauged correctly.
BigTime is great for timesheet tracking- ease of accessibility for employees. They can download the mobile app and log their time when they remember to or when I need it immediately! Expenses are done the same way. You can upload the receipt from your phone.
Read Jessica London's full review
Max Mathews profile photo
August 22, 2018

BigTime Software Review: "BigTime IQ is awesome"

• Intuitive
  • Simple
  • None
Professional services, where clients are billed regularly. Invoices can be sent from BT to QuickBooks Online.
Read Max Mathews's full review
August 22, 2018

BigTime Software Review: "BigTime Gets The Job Done"

• Mobile app is easy to use
  • Simple process for submitting expenses
  • Easy to submit repetitive tasks on a timesheet
  • Reminder notifications
  • More timesheet view options
  • Customizable way to have repetitive projects/tasks each week
BigTime is well suited for a large organization in need of a simple, convenient platform for timesheet management. It is probably less suited for a smaller organization or one that won't benefit from the analytics and reporting available through the software.
August 22, 2018

BigTime Software: "BigTime Review from Mid-Size Agency"

• User-friendly. It's super simple to navigate.
  • Easy to access. There are both desktop and mobile versions.
  • Multi-functional. We can track time, view our vacation hours and submit expenses.
  • N/A
BigTime is most likely suitable for larger organizations with big projects, where hours spent on projects can impact profitability.
Tanner Walters profile photo
May 04, 2018

BigTime Software Review: "Easy and Intuitive Time Tracking"

We use BigTime to track time spent on the client and internal projects across our PR agency.
  • BigTime is very simple and intuitive to use. It really didn't require any training for me to begin billing my time using BigTime.
  • There's a strong mobile app to use if you need to track your time on the go. This has been useful for when I forget to submit hours before a deadline and can do so away from a computer.
  • Easy to keep track of multiple clients and add/delete projects to avoid cluttering the list.
  • You have to manually "submit" timesheets even once they're filled, and several times there have been errors that cause submissions to fail without me realizing it. It's also easy to forget to submit once you've filled hours out.
It's great for an agency setting, where you are keeping track of multiple projects and clients. I'm not sure if there's functionality to "clock in" and "clock out".
Read Tanner Walters's full review

BigTime Software Scorecard Summary

About BigTime Software

BigTime is a project, time and expense tracking software for consulting firms. It integrates with the user's sales cloud. It is designed to enable accurate, fluid real-time budgeting, so that firms can manage teams around their projects very professionally.

The vendor sees budgets and project plans as living documents, informed by a team's experience and a client's evolving needs. With BigTime, users can work at internet speed - keeping Salesforce up to date along the way.

For most customers, the vendor says every engagement involves an almost endless stream of due dates, assignments, budgets, and more. The vendor promises BigTime will sweat the small stuff and keep everyone in the loop automatically.

The vendor knows that managing a consulting firm goes beyond to-do lists and project plans. BigTime aims to identify which staff members are underutilized, projecting a more efficient staffing plan in the weeks and months ahead.

According to the vendor, BigTime is well suited to firms focused on delivering professional services -- on customer engagements, budgets, utilization, realization and billable hours – where the biggest asset is the time invested in delivering value to clients.

BigTime Software Features

Has featureCloud Integration
Has featureMobile App

BigTime Software Screenshots

BigTime Software Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Slack, Zapier, Salesforce, Intuit Lacerte Tax, QuickBooks Desktop

BigTime Software Competitors