BigTime Software Reviews

Rick Wacek | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

Satisfied BigTime customer

We use it to track our work in process. Track time by team member. Billable time and unbillable time. Invoicing to clients
  • Time tracking
  • Invoicing
  • Tracking accumulated unbilled time and expenses by client
  • Billable and unbillable time by team member
  • Total work in process reporting
  • Customer support
  • Limitations on custom reporting
Ease in tracking time especially when moving between clients regularly. Providing management with reports on each team member’s billable vs. unbillable time. For companies that work remotely and virtually.
Read Rick Wacek's full review
ANDREW TOUTANT | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

Good and efficient invoice software

BigTime is used across a video production company that I create designs and animation for and use it extensively for invoicing and project management. I mostly used the invoicing feature when a project was finished to send to billing. I'm not as familiar with the other features but found the invoicing great for my needs.
  • Invoicing
  • Project management
  • Time management
  • Interface
  • Layout
  • Storing files
It’s great for smaller to medium sized companies to submit invoices. I'm not as sure how well it works for very large companies since many things are inputed manually by the user. If there were more automated functions it may be better for larger businesses.
Read ANDREW TOUTANT's full review
Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2018

BigTime provides BIG help

We are currently utilizing BigTime as our company's means to track budgets, time spent by employees, and creating invoices. It allows my employees to input timesheets, then in real time my managers can see where projects are, and finally my administrative team can then run reports on the financial health of projects and process invoices.
  • BigTime IQ allows us to dive deeper into the capabilities of the software and further customize the platform for our needs.
  • The BigTime IQ is extremely extensive and provides a wealth of knowledge.
  • While BigTime IQ provides information on virtually everything in the platform, it would be nice if the articles provided visuals showing step-by-step instructions on how to achieve what the text is instructing.
For a small business, BigTime is economical and robust enough to handle all our accounting needs. It is extremely customizable, but not 100%. As they continue to add features and functions through user feedback, larger companies or companies that need to be able to completely customize actions such as invoices and reporting may not see BigTime as useful. We've had great success in BigTime as it relates to time tracking, budget tracking, invoicing, and reporting. We love it!
Read Bobak Tehrany, P.E., PTOE's full review
Jessica London | TrustRadius Reviewer

BigTime makes time tracking and profitability a cinch all within 1 click

We currently use BigTime IQ for time tracking, expense tracking, project budgeting and status reporting.
  • BigTime IQ and QuickBooks seamlessly integrate information. This makes life much easier for timesheets and expenses.
  • When time is directly entered against phasing of projects, the budgets are clear and tracked live.
  • We don't use the invoicing portion of the program. This causes the Work In Progress to keep mounting and isn't gauged correctly.
BigTime is great for timesheet tracking- ease of accessibility for employees. They can download the mobile app and log their time when they remember to or when I need it immediately! Expenses are done the same way. You can upload the receipt from your phone.
Read Jessica London's full review
Tanner Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 04, 2018

Easy and Intuitive Time Tracking

We use BigTime to track time spent on the client and internal projects across our PR agency.
  • BigTime is very simple and intuitive to use. It really didn't require any training for me to begin billing my time using BigTime.
  • There's a strong mobile app to use if you need to track your time on the go. This has been useful for when I forget to submit hours before a deadline and can do so away from a computer.
  • Easy to keep track of multiple clients and add/delete projects to avoid cluttering the list.
  • You have to manually "submit" timesheets even once they're filled, and several times there have been errors that cause submissions to fail without me realizing it. It's also easy to forget to submit once you've filled hours out.
It's great for an agency setting, where you are keeping track of multiple projects and clients. I'm not sure if there's functionality to "clock in" and "clock out".
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Max Mathews | TrustRadius Reviewer

BigTime IQ is awesome

BigGime IQ has made it very easy for me to input billable hours across multiple projects.
  • Intuitive
  • Simple
  • None
Professional services, where clients are billed regularly. Invoices can be sent from BT to QuickBooks Online.
Read Max Mathews's full review

BigTime Gets The Job Done

BigTime is used across my entire organization to manage timesheets, expenses, PTO, etc. It makes it easy to have all of that important information in one place for both myself and the people I manage. Whether I'm in the office at my computer or on my phone using the mobile app, I can quickly access the information I need when it's most convenient for me.
  • Mobile app is easy to use
  • Simple process for submitting expenses
  • Easy to submit repetitive tasks on a timesheet
  • Reminder notifications
  • More timesheet view options
  • Customizable way to have repetitive projects/tasks each week
BigTime is well suited for a large organization in need of a simple, convenient platform for timesheet management. It is probably less suited for a smaller organization or one that won't benefit from the analytics and reporting available through the software.

BigTime Review from Mid-Size Agency

We use it to track hours spent on a project, as well as submit expenses. We're able to manage our own timesheets, and our managers can pull information as necessary.
  • User-friendly. It's super simple to navigate.
  • Easy to access. There are both desktop and mobile versions.
  • Multi-functional. We can track time, view our vacation hours and submit expenses.
  • N/A
BigTime is most likely suitable for larger organizations with big projects, where hours spent on projects can impact profitability.

About BigTime Software

BigTime helps accountants, architects, engineers, IT-services firms, scientific and management consultants budget, track, and bill their most important asset: time.

BigTime is a system for project budgeting and planning, time and expense tracking, and invoicing/payments -- all backed by reporting and analytics to take the guesswork out of utilization, capacity planning, and project profitability.

Dashboards, analytics, and standard reports help leadership teams focus on real-time numbers, eliminating the need for a web of offline spreadsheets or manual tools.

BigTime Software Features

Has featureCloud Integration
Has featureMobile App

BigTime Software Screenshots

BigTime Software Integrations

QuickBooks Online, Slack, Zapier, Salesforce, Intuit Lacerte Tax, QuickBooks Desktop

BigTime Software Competitors