Formerly Bill.com

Score 7.4 out of 10

What is BILL?

Bills.com is a an online service for SMBs which provides a central dashboard for managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and cash flow management. It syncs with all major accounting systems like QuickBooks, Sage, Intaact, and NetSuite.

Horrible Experience

August 17, 2022

Bill.com

July 14, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BILL, and make your voice heard!

Essentials

$45

Team

$55

Corporate

$79

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.bill.com/product/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $45 per month

What is BILL?

BILL (formerly Bill.com) delivers financial process efficiency to small businesses and mid-sized companies through streamlined accounts payable and accounts receivable management. It leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to reduce data entry and human error. Bill.com gets more intelligent as it is used, learning user processes and preferences to provide greater control over every aspect of bill management. The modern user interface is designed to deliver greater efficiency, so users can do more in less time. And with support for all types of workflows, BILL scales with a business as it grows.

BILL Features

• Supported: AP and AR Automation

BILL Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesUnited States

BILL starts at $45.

AvidXchange, MineralTree, and Tipalti are common alternatives for BILL.

Reviewers rate Performance highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of BILL are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Braxton Nimmick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Do not use Bill.com if you rely on timely receipt of payment. It is a good option otherwise but they hold payments for ~1 week and their estimated delivery date is always incorrect. When reaching out to support the only option to ensure a timely deposit is to pay for their instant deposit feature. My assumption is they are holding payments longer and longer to push folks towards paying for their instant deposit feature. I use Bill.com for two businesses and this is a consistent issue. Really frustrating.
August 17, 2022

Horrible Experience

We subscribed to Bill.com to complement our Quickbooks.com accounting system and use mainly the Accounts Payable and Receivable features. One of our clients is using Bill.com to pay their vendors, and we were originally set up as a free vendor in the system. We have decided to trial the full suite of services to use Bill.com to manage AR and AP transaction, hoping that the integration with QuickBooks would make it seamless. However it has unfortunately not been the case. Sync issues have messed up our historical client data in QuickBooks, our other clients have not preferred this interface for payment, and after all using our bank ACH system resulted in a much more streamlined and cost-effective process (bank transaction are easy to reconcile, and QuickBooks easily auto-matches those payments to invoices, or vendor expenses).
July 14, 2022

Bill.com

We needed a solution for our payables and bill.com fit the bill. The volume that we process (800+ per week) seems to cause problem with speed. We sync to Netsuite which causes problem with data being deleted or replaced causing major issues for us. In my experience, Bill.com customer support lacks the knowledge to solve any minor issues. I would not recommend for complex task.
We use Bill.com to enter bills and pay vendors. We also use it to track vendor information, such as addresses, contact information and 1099 information. We are able to use Bill.com to provide timely payments and also allow vendors to manage their own accounts if they ever have updates.
June 03, 2022

Bill.com is #1

Andrew Newman CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a CPA firm, we are users of Bill.com ourselves and also offer it to clients. We use to track bills and bill payments and to have a one-stop portal to see all the invoices, payments and documents related to vendors. We recommend it to our clients for the same reason. With other organizations such as non-profits, Bill.com offers the added convenience of allowing people, no matter where they are located, to pay a bill without having to come to the office. This is especially useful in small non-profits where officers sign checks and this is a huge inconvenience. Lastly, Bill.com offers the benefit of allowing you to track who approved and who signed your check which offers the organization transparency and internal control which are otherwise hard to achieve.
We use Bill.com for accounts payable. Some donors choose to make their donations through Bill.com, too. The approval process works through Bill.com. The system enables us to implement an efficient workflow and segregation of duties for proper internal controls. It's also integrated with the accounting database.
I was using Bill.com for invoice collection. When the account first opened they were holding some of my larger ACH transfers from my clients until I could provide additional bank verification. I provided the information, the holds were released and I was promised this was a one time verification. A few weeks later when 4 client payments were to be deposited in the account, they were not. I checked on the account to make sure there was no hold and there were none displayed. I contacted their customer service and was told they were on hold even though it didn't say it anywhere. Over a week of having my client payments needed to pay my due payments for my business they said they wanted verification information again. Nothing was said to me about this when the payments came in, only until after they should have hit my bank account and I asked. Finally they said they would not release my payments unless I provided my confidential client contract which I would not do. I had to have them void the charges after over a week and go back to my customers to ask them to resubmit payment while I scramble to find a new ACH payment processor. I may lose my largest clients as a result of this. As I have been reading after researching this more, it seems they intentionally hold payments longer than they should collect additional interest revenue. [I believe] they are a terrible company to work with and I highly recommend avoiding them.
Lynne Fedorick | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a Canadian, I can't use Bill.com. As a writer, I tried to receive payments from my employer through Bill.com, and [I felt that] the entire process was convoluted and questionable. First, [in my experience] passwords were never accepted on the app, although I could log in without the app to see that my employer had paid my invoice through Bill.com. The money was sitting, (and still is) in a Bill.com account. There is no way to withdraw it or transfer it to my bank account. But there is no one in support [for me] to answer questions. When I complained to my employer, Bill.com reached out and asked for my phone number on three different occasions, apparently losing this personal information each time. Then they requested that I send them photos of my ID in order to transfer payment from their account to my bank. But once I sent the requested photos, [they] had to be approved by their underwriters with no timeline of when this would happen. Once the ID photos were sent, Bill.com went very, very quiet and would not answer any queries at all. Bill.com seems very sketchy to me, and [in my opinion] not a good way to send or receive payments at all.
Bill.com is the driving force in our accounting process. We process all of our invoices in Bill.com, code them accordingly, and finally assign them to the appropriate approvers. We don't cut any checks in house, so this is very convenient in eliminating that process. We also use Bill.com as a placeholder to document international wires we may have sent. By recording manual payments and treating it like a cash receipt.
Deanna Williamson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Bill.com for all of our payables. We are a small team of 13, so the only daily users are myself and the controller. The CEO is a user so he can approve certain expenses. Before the controller was hired, our accounting firm associate from 9Guage was a user on our account.
Anna Morgan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using [Bill.com] in our AR department. We are still new to using it so we are testing only a few customers right now. With covid and the many delays facing the post office, Bill.com has solved the problem of slow or missing mail. Before, if an invoice was late being paid we would have to call and email the customer or resend the invoice. Often we would not reach a real person and the invoice would remain unpaid. With Bill.com, all of the invoices are in the system so there's no excuse for missing payments.
Bill.com was used in a multi-entity environment (real estate nonprofit with subsidiaries) and across the whole organization. The problems we were looking to solve were AP automation (less data input), centralized AP inbox, and help us towards our goal of being paperless.
Bill.com being used by Non-for-profit clients as an organization-wide system a far as integrating into Sage Intacct to help with the streamlining of the Accounts Payable module. It does not do well with integration or customization, such as user-defined dimensions, of any kind. It even has problems with core designs such as location.
Bill.com is used by our billing department to submit invoices to our customers for payment. The site allows our customers to be able to easily access the invoice and pay it. It addresses the problem of having to send invoices to our customers through other more complicated means.
We use Bill.com to pay all of our vendors. On a monthly basis we are sending around 600 payments totaling roughly $2M. This product is being used by the accounting team to process all payables and by all team members who approve invoices.
March 19, 2021

Bill.com Review

I do not recommend this company. I have a vendor that uses Bill.com. You are supposed to be able to sign up for free to have your money deposited directly into your bank account for free. I could not get it to work. I contacted their support but they want $49.00 per month for me to get my answer. BUYER BEWARE.
September 11, 2020

Huge Time and Money Saver!!

JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is being used to replace the need for an AP Department. I have been using the product for a few years now and it is such a time saver. It is used by the Accounting/ Finance Department at my company. I love how when you input a bill on Bill.com, it can be paid directly by Bill.com. It does all of the heavy lifting of cutting and mailing the check to the correct vendor. Because of Bill.com, we have no need to have someone be in charge of paying the bills and cutting the checks. Bill.com does it all. Bill.com is the best substitution to an AP person.
Bill.com is used to handle all expenses and invoice payments for our organization. Previously we had used Bill.com for our full accounts payable process but as we have grown we have migrated the invoice entry and approvals to another application. Bill.com is utilized by our finance team for approving bill payment expenses for all of our invoices that are processed on a weekly basis. Bill.com has enabled us to efficiently process payments for all of our vendors and employees and the system integrates with our GL platform seamlessly.
We are using this for customers that have signed up to autopay our reoccurring services. This was the most cost-effective solution I found that didn't require me to re-enter information each month. It does integrate with Quickbooks, which is nice. Though I wish we had more control over how it entered things in Quickbooks (we have to make a transfer every time we receive funds as it doesn't show the money depositing into the correct account, but instead puts it in a bill.com account).
Edison Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
Bill.com is being utilized in our Finance department. It helps us keep track of vendor payments, retains appropriate documentation, and synchs with our Quickbooks software. It enables an easy and fast approval process through the mobile app.