$300 / user / month
$375 / user / month
Entry-level set up fee?
- $25,000 per installationOptional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $300 per month per user
BindHQ’s agency operating system aims to enable technology-driven MGAs, MGUs & Wholesalers to bind more business and expand their revenue.
BindHQ’s cloud-based platform reduces total cost of ownership with no hardware or servers to maintain, reduced upfront capital expenditures, and once the user is live, product upgrades are continuous, and automatic.
BindHQ’s integrated, multiple line of business comparative rater instantly inputs, rates and compares risks across binding authority markets, giving producers more time to underwrite and write better business for carrier partners.
BindHQ’s open API integrates with best-in-breed third party suppliers, whether that be third party risk data providers, business intelligence tools, electronic payments and premium finance companies, or compliance tools making frictionless transacting a reality.
BindHQ’s integrated accounting, taxation and compliance functions can reduce back office costs - creating cash flow to reinvest.
BindHQ out-of-the-box reports gives the user tools to better manage the business, while aggregating data to guide strategy for the medium term.
BindHQ’s policy management systems enables MGUs and Program Managers to get a product to market in weeks and incorporate into the comparative rater to push best risks into the user's own programs.
- Supported: Cloud-based 'coretech' agency operating system, 100% uptime, no server costs or hardware upgrades
- Supported: Fully integrated multi-LOB comparative rater
- Supported: Open API linking BindHQ to best in breed software solutions amplifying the power of your technology
- Supported: Integrated accounting, taxation & compliance
- Supported: Comprehensive Knowledge Base & Online Support
- Vertafore Aim
- Alis i-engineering
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Supported Countries||USA, Canada|
- The search function does particularly well. Not just in finding policies but in providing categories like payments, receipts, suppliers, agencies, etc.
- There are multiple report functions that allow for exportation to CSV. These can be opened in excel to assist in back-up and tracking.
- The team behind BHQ is very open to suggestions in functionality to help make our job easier and improve functionality.
- An idea to help reduce time would be for contact information to be readily available. Most times you must hunt for this information. It is in one place, but even w/ a link that goes to the agency, then to the contacts screen so much time could be saved if that information was on each policy. It adds up with all the time it takes to point and click over and over again.
- An option to set up an auto-ran report daily so it does the little things for you and emails it to you or provides a notification in BHQ.
- Though it is great it exports to excel. It would also be great if you could run reports that appear with-in BHQ providing hyperlinks to policies and allow you to set up tasks for follow-ups all on one screen. It would be great if we could sort and organize it too. Right now, there is a lot involved in doing this. The internal report would need to have: Policy #/Insured(hyperlink), Eff/Exp date of policy, producer name, due date, balance due.
- Allow multiple NOC’s to be issued for different reasons and show what kind of NOC has been issued at the top. When issuing NOR it should auto-populate the effective date as most times than not there is not a lapse.
- The option for us to CC the BindHQ email to file our correspondence with agents, carriers etc. is my first point for convenience. It is important for us to document just about every piece of every conversation we have and that option makes it seamless to operate efficiently and diligently.
- It is easy to navigate. Simple as that. The layout is aesthetic and well spaced. The pertinent information pertaining to individual accounts is accessible and placed right across the top of the page.
- The ability to move from the current account to an expired account or the other way toward the renewal is very helpful. Often we need to access the previous years information and being able to do that just with a simple drop down at the top of the page makes it quick.
- The search function is too picky. For example if I were to search "Grapevine" but made a simple typo such as "Grapevinee" the account would be nowhere to be found. In a world with similar named insureds and countless policy numbers we need a little bit of room for error when tracking down accounts by name. In a crunch an agent will call and give us an account name such as "The Chill Bar" but if the named insured is entered as "John Hancock dba The Chill Bar" the search will often come up empty.
- The inability to alter or correct the email subject line after 15 minutes. The 15 minute window is great to correct some information or alter it as new information becomes available, but I don't understand the time limit. Additionally, if you were not the sender of the email you cannot amend it at all. As a team we all work out of the same files and cohesively so sometimes the need to reword some of our files is necessary but unavailable.
- There will be periods of time where our emails to not print into the file. It won't last all that long but emails missing from the file can result in issues for us down the road. Not only do we need to keep clean files for legal purposes but also for account clarification as we continue to work and underwrite the risk.
- Occasionally, we will be unable to build quotes in BindHQ. It is usually resolved within the hour but we often find ourselves needing to offer a quote in a shorter time frame than that. The support getting this resolved is swift but the issue remains.
- Production Reporting - The BindHQ production feature is a quick and easy way to review the entire organization's monthly production and it allows each individual to track their own personal goals in real time
- Organization - The system provides a very clean and detailed file so not only can our production teams/underwriters have easy access to any document at anytime, it also allows for simple company partner audits
- Rating option directly from account input - I would like to see this feature launched so that we could have a single entry feature that can obtain rates from multiple carriers
- Bdx Reporting - This would help with binding authority business, especially when a monthly report must be sent to a carrier partner
- UX - User friendly layout in particular the search feature – BHQ offers a modern 21st century take on an insurance system with users quickly and intuitively picking up the key functions of BHQ. I particularly love the robust search function. I use it daily to track down accounting information such as check #’s, vendors, & memos.
- Bank Reconciliation – The bank reconciliation module has saved me tremendous time (no excel recs!), plus it is super simple. Just select the bank account, the date, and final balance then it is point & click for the reconciled items. I particularly appreciate pulling a .csv file to review those large cumbersome deposits that have over 100+ entries to them.
- Bill Payment – It is quick and easy to handle bill payments to vendors from selecting the vendor to choosing your expense GL and finally payment options. It is simple & clean.
- Bill Credits – Currently in BHQ, a bill credit is separate from creating a regular bill, but I think an option to directly create a bill credit from the bill expense (click an option menu and click “create bill credit”) would save time & reduce errors.
- Bank Reconciliation – Currently in BHQ, a voided receipt/payment in the bank reconciliation module is not highlighted as voided. So, when an item is in doubt, one would have to directly look at each item to confirm if voided or not. If BHQ could highlight or mark a voided receipt/payment in the bank reconciliation module that would allow me to quickly zero out the voided item and its respective void.
- Accounting & Finance Reports – Currently BHQ offers a variety of financial reports, but I would love to see reports further enhanced, particularly the 1099 report. I think it would be helpful for the 1099 report to pull a notes section to act as reminder for special cases such as agents wanting 1099’s mailed to a different address on file.
- Reliability: Over the past two years, my team and I have only run into a few small issues (commission wasn’t automatically populating on the submission file for our products, etc.)
- User-friendly: we have several Lloyd’s products we underwrite and issue through the system and it normally takes me less than 10 minutes to create the submission file, underwrite, select forms, and issue a formal quote for an account. This turnaround speed has turned into a serious competitive advantage for my team and me and has been an asset getting us in the door with new agency partners.
- Flexibility: I travel a lot either visiting agencies or taking full advantage of the freedom of working remotely. Being able to access BHQ from nearly any device makes it easy to use between devices, whether it be at my home office, on the road, or on a chairlift (I'm an avid skier).
- The system is relatively young and accommodates basic reporting features at the moment. For example, currently, I'm not able to produce agency-level and account level data using reporting tool, which makes reviewing an individual agency partners performance a little more challenging. However, the support desk willl send me custom reports if I communicate what I need.
- In the past, the support team has been less than responsive but they have improved over the last 6 months.