Score 7.2 out of 10

What is Birdeye?

Birdeye is a reputation and customer experience platform for local businesses and brands. Over 100,000 businesses use Birdeye’s platform to manage online reputation, connect with prospects through digital channels, and gain customer experience insights to grow sales and thrive.

Highly Recommend Birdeye!

May 27, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Birdeye, and make your voice heard!

Standard

Be Your Best Business from Reviews to Reputation - A Look at Birdeye
04:00

What is Birdeye?

Birdeye Features

• Supported: Reviews - Birdeye Reviews is a reputation management platform that helps businesses rank higher on search and win more customers.
  • Supported: Listings - Birdeye Listings helps local businesses rank higher on search and win more customers. It lets businesses attract leads by ensuring an attractive, consistent, and correct presence on 100s of online directories and helps convert leads with messaging.
  • Supported: Appointments - Birdeye Appointments gives local businesses an end-to-end appointments solution to manage scheduling, reminders, and recall helping the business have someone available 24X7, and reduce no shows.
  • Supported: Payments - Birdeye Payments helps local businesses collect payments faster through modern and convenient ways. Customers can pay, via text or online (roadmap) wherever they may be, at home or in the office.

Birdeye Videos

Birdeye Overview
Be Your Best Business from Reviews to Reputation - A Look at Birdeye. The TrustRadius team goes over some of the top features, pricing, and user sentiment of Birdeye.

Birdeye Competitors

Birdeye Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Puerto Rico, Netherland

Podium and Sprout Social are common alternatives for Birdeye.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.6.

The most common users of Birdeye are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

January 04, 2023

New to Birdeye

We use Birdeye to monitor and respond to our clients reviews on all platforms and give them the opportunity to be more involved in the review process which was not a possibility before. This platform makes it easier to respond to all of the reviews with the automated response feature.
  • Set up automated responses to reviews
  • Daily emails summarizing reviews/ activity
  • Hosts all of reviews on one site
  • The onboarding process was very difficult, specifically trying to map the clients
  • Having them separated by "Reviews Lite" and Full Suite makes it a little more difficult to manage
Birdeye has been a great addition to us. Because we manage a large number of clients, it can be very time-consuming to go through and respond to each individual review. Birdeye gives us the option to have automated responses set up for different reviews which save a lot of time. We had a few hurdles in the beginning with the set up process and mapping the pages, but the support team was very responsive and easy to work with.
We had a lot of back and forth throughout the set up and mapping process but the team was very responsive and helpful.
I use Birdeye to text clients almost daily as I am not comfortable giving out my personal number for this purpose. The firm also uses it to solicit google reviews. It's proven to be very successful.
  • Texting clients
  • Alerting users to new texts
  • Google review solicitation
  • Advising the end user of the phone number the texts to client are coming from
I use it for day-to-day communication with clients who do not utilize email or telephones very frequently. It is excellent for soliciting urgent responses.
We use the platform to create an integrated portal for our clients to be more involved in their reviews process. I find it is much easier to use and much more seamless than what we had previously. Connecting Google listings to the client's Birdeye account is a simple sign in and select process and requires minimal input. There are a few quality of life improvements I would like to see in future iterations, such as setting a default sorting and bulk mapping - this would have been especially helpful when trying to connect nearly 250 Google listings. Outside of those, there's no glaring bugs so far that detract from my experience. Having better features alone makes the switch worth it.
  • Ease of use and connecting listings
  • Platform runs smoothly
  • Team is helpful in getting things set up
  • User interface could be improved for better account management (i.e. default sorting)
  • Bulk connecting of listings for clients with multiple locations
Birdeye is well suited for those looking to give their clients more value. The added features make it easy to recommend over competitors. I think for agencies with some additional quality of life improvements to help streamline adding of bulk clients would be very much appreciated. I think that's where there's room for improvement as some may be turned off by the time investment required.
We just switched over to Birdeye and the platform offers a lot of great things that other platforms don't have. We are very excited about the automatic replies to positive reviews. It will be nice to be able to manage everything for our clients in one space. The support team has been very helpful throughout the process of getting started.
  • Easy access to Support Team
  • Automatic replies to reviews
  • Reply customization
  • The mapping process when switching over all clients could be explained better.
I ran into some issues with connecting FB pages and getting everything mapped but the support team was very helpful.
September 30, 2022

Birdeye and done.

Justin Shook | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Birdeye to manage our online reputation and customer experience across multiple organizations. Birdeye improves our online image by increasing review quantity, quality, and the overall rating level. Birdeye also improves the customer experience by giving us the visibility and tools we need to swiftly address any customer concerns or issues.
  • It is simple to use. The features are straight forward and do what they promise; improve and maintain your review rating and volume, while also managing the customer experience.
  • Reporting is a strength. Birdeye makes pulling relevant data and visuals for my executive team a snap. They can easily see what they are paying for.
  • Client support is top notch. One day or one year later, their support team is always communicating to ensure you have the best experience. It saves me time and improves performance.
  • Birdeye is always innovating. I am amazed at the amount of useful products and features that Birdeye continues to add. There are a few features that are not very useful, but we benefit from the majority of the features.
  • Scalable. There are currently no caps on the amount of users that can be added at no additional cost to the organization and you can add a single location to thousands.
  • The sentiment feature is just okay. It requires custom adjustments and time to understand where it is working well and where it is not in order to get the most out of it, while other features require very little user input.
  • Social listening needs work. I often receive notifications for unrelated terms because of their similarity in spelling to my organization's name, so I don't use this feature.
  • Birdeye could have more built-in features to create digital content from the reviews.
  • Birdeye could also have additional reputation tools to strengthen GMB listings and to combat negative press. Review listings and rich snippets in search are great, but having a tool that measures and helps to improve overall brand health/search results would be amazing. My CEO isn’t looking at what is going right. He looks at what is going wrong. We may have thousands of positive reviews on Google, but the bad article with false information is still showing up on page one of search results. That makes for an unhappy CEO.
If you want to increase online review volume and ratings while saving loads of time, Birdeye will do that for you. Small or large business, Birdeye can support you. Birdeye does not include support for all 3rd party review platforms based on the policies of those platforms; however, Birdeye is willing to work with its clients and aggregate 3rd party data into their platform so that you can stay on top of your reputation and client needs without the need to spend time always heading to those 3rd party websites.
Before we even purchased Birdeye their team was incredible to work with. Their implementation team was fantastic and they continue to provide a high level of support throughout the entire relationship.
Josef Kainrad | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Birdeye on a daily basis to respond to all business reviews across multiple platforms including facebook, google, yelp, birdeye, and apartments.com. All the reviews congregate to one platform where I can analyze data across time, and respond instantly.
  • User interface
  • Product Integration
  • Exporting spreadsheets via excel (some formatting issues)
  • Integration with Yelp and Apartments.com
Birdeye is great if you are representing multiple companies across various platforms. This allows you to respond to reviews in one page opposed to hunt down every single review site for each property every morning!
Nicole Woody | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Birdeye for over 7 years as a solution for single login review monitoring and response. It also provides fully integrated review solicitation campaigns and listing resolutions on 75+ websites with a single click.
  • Review monitoring
  • Review solicitation campaigns
  • CRM Integration
  • Referral integration
For any company looking to clean up with online reputation from reviews to search engines - Birdeye is a partner I always recommend.
We use Birdeye to manage our reviews and it has really helped us gain a presence online for new customers to see all of our reviews across platforms. We use it on a daily/weekly basis through our client care workflow when we ask for reviews at the end of all of our transactions.
  • They make leaving a review quick and easy
  • They share reviews across platforms
  • They have great customer service
  • They can integrate directly with my CRM
Birdeye is a great tool to create a larger presence online for your business. When a client leaves a stellar review there is no chance of the review disappearing like in google.
From my point of view, I had real problems with two of the males on the support team talking down to me, talking over me, blowing smoke, and being dishonest. I asked to only work with women, but this was ignored I believe. I asked to cancel my account because I felt unheard and it seemed to me that the male staff considered my opinions irrelevant I believe. I believe an executive told me I could cancel if I paid $3,000 for the remainder of my contract. In my opinion, he then accused me of sexual discrimination against him, told me he knew all the laws and that everything was my fault. I believe he accused me of being the aggressor and threatened me with legal action when I said I did not want anyone in the Hawaii bar to be put through this. I believe that when I asked to speak to his supervisor he told me he was the supervisor, that he is a VP and refused to let me talk to anyone else, and finally hung up on me. I find myself utterly speechless. I have never used the term, "toxic masculinity," but in my view, this was an example on steroids.
  • Billing
  • I believe that since I am a woman I was not treated with equal consideration by the male staff
  • Keeping appointments set
Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the service. Asking my clients for reviews always works best, but support at Birdeye cannot differentiate between reviews I got on my own and ones I used it for but instead took credit for it all, in my opinion. I found I couldn't differentiate between other SEO services and what Birdeye did. It was really frustrating for me that Birdeye did not seem to even understand its own strengths and weaknesses, in my opinion. I believe if Birdeye would have honored my request and let me have a female account manager, either the one I was already working with or a different female when I requested it, I could have had a better experience and this would be a different review. She was really diligent and great to work with I found. However, I believe she was bumped out by a male I did not mesh with and who was not as diligent. In my view, as a woman, I found a few of the males extremely difficult to work with, including not taking me seriously, talking down to me, were not always honest, and frankly treated me as if I was low IQ. In my opinion, I don't understand why Birdeye would not let me work with a woman.
We use Birdeye to generate reviews and referrals for our clients. We set up the campaigns that go out to the client's patients to request a review a few hours after their appointment and to request a referral a few weeks later. We, and our clients, also use Birdeye to manually request reviews and referrals. We take advantage of the reporting functions of Birdeye to show our clients the reach and success of the campaigns.
  • Portal is easy to use.
  • Quick responses to support tickets and inquiries.
  • Great customer service reps.
  • I'd like to see more options for the timing and frequency of the review requests.
Birdeye is great for setting up automated programs. It works really well for generating reviews without requiring much effort by us or our clients after it's initially set up. It is also well-suited for quickly making any changes on the fly to the campaigns. It's not as well-situated to send personalized messages to their patients.
Within our organization, we use Birdeye for almost 4,000 of our clients. We love to show our clients how to use Birdeye on their own, so I’ve been able to create a relationship with clients so may not have talked to very often. They are genuinely excited for what Birdeye can do to grow their business
  • There are plenty of customization options within each business profile. When I show my clients how to use Birdeye, I give them the option to customize the text/email templates if they’d like. It gives users the opportunity to showcase the culture of the organization
  • Different levels of access allow certain employees to see different information. This is important for business owners because they are able to track the employees’ performance within Birdeye.
  • Removing some of the extra fields that can make navigating difficult. When showing clients how to use Birdeye to send out review requests on their own, there are a lot of sections to explain to them, which will often get them overwhelmed and confused.
Birdeye is well suited when you are looking for a simple, effective review software for your own business or for your clients of all sizes. Every organization is different, and Birdeye gives the opportunity to separate yourself from others within the industry.
Maria Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have three dental offices that rely on Birdeye's technology to help us capture the patient experience through Google reviews. The Birdeye dashboard is easy to use. I can see the patient reviews in real time. I get notifications via text and email as well. I can run a number of different reports from the dashboard. I have integrated my social media platforms so that the patient reviews appear on my social media pages as well. I have insight into how my competitors are doing as compared to my companies. It even captures all of your leads for you and you can send email or text campaigns to your contacts at any time. It's an incredible tool. There is no way that I'd have the bandwidth to do these marketing tactics on my own without the Birdeye technology. And we are about to add a new product - the Webchat feature. I can't wait.
  • Reputation management
  • Lead generation
  • Business listings
  • Webchat
  • Referrals
  • List more competitors in competitor analysis
I can't think of any business that couldn't benefit from Birdeye. Most everyone looks at a company's Google reviews before trying them out. Reviews definitely can influence a person's decision to go to your place of business or not. We send out our Birdeye review link to our patients right after their appointment. We even have a QR code with the link for them to review us. We want to strengthen our credibility and reputation in this highly competitive market and we do that by changing the way people experience dental care and by using Birdeye technology to keep us ahead of the curve. The Birdeye referral product wasn't as successful for us as we had hoped, but it may have just been that our patients weren't motivated by our $25 refer a friend program.
As a professional dental office, we rely heavily on the responses we receive from the satisfaction surveys that Birdeye sends to our patients. We strive to provide the best care possible for our patients and partnering with Birdeye has really helped in keeping that reputation as a quality dental practice. Also, we had an event coming up that we needed to promote within our patient base and Birdeye assisted in sending a mass email to all of our patients. Their representative was so patient and professional and got it completed within a very short time. I was very impressed and won't hesitate to use their services in the future!
  • Sending review requests
  • Patient communications
  • Competitive Intelligence
We've always had a great experience with all their services
Birdeye has been very helpful and useful in my organization to make it efficient and easy to get reviews and feedback. They have systemized it to run smoothly and supported me in putting the integrations to have it automated within my position. I would definitely recommend it to other businesses to expand their reach and grow their credibility through reviews.
  • Easy system to use
  • Efficiently integrates with social media platforms for reviews
  • Great customer service
  • I like all the features
Tomasz Piascik | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Birdeye to help us monitor the reviews about our businesses and we use it to automate surveys as well as review requests. It helps free up time that would be spent doing this manually and allows us to respond when a review comes instead of monitoring the Google page constantly. It also helps save time by sending automated survey requests when we complete a service request for Residents.
  • Alerts of when reviews are posted.
  • The ability to reply to reviews from Birdeye.
  • Automated surveys based on move in and move out.
  • Knowing where to go to adjust templates for emails.
  • Knowing where email templates are being used.
  • Being easily able to distinguish what is sending a survey vs a review request.
Birdeye is able to keep track of reviews very well but it is harder to get survey responses. These responses are more detailed than a simple Google review but they are not easy to access and it makes it hard to find the results. Once you know where to go it's not a problem. It does not give any notification of completed surveys.
Samantha Pando, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Birdeye is a great platform for helping to grow reviews. The functionality it allows for has really helped to grow the reviews of my clients more effectively than other platforms I've used in the past.
  • Onboarding
  • Effectiveness
  • Customization
  • Despite the training process, the platform can still be somewhat tricky to use. Hard to train other employees on setting up campaigns 100% as the setup process involves multiple areas in the dashboard
It is suited for any business looking to grow reviews online and has a marketing team. For someone with minimal time, this platform is not for you.
Justin Nichols | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our agency chose Birdeye to assist with all our Reputation Management needs for our clients. With Birdeye's easy-to-use interface, adding contacts and setting up review campaigns for multiple communities is a walk in the park. I would not choose any other service over Birdeye for Reputation Management services.
  • Partner Support
  • Review Campaign Setup
  • Community Setup
  • CRM Integration
  • Adding Sites in Review Monitoring
Birdeye is well suited for review monitoring for multiple locations at a time. Their dashboard allows a user to easily view multiple reviews on any platform for one or more communities with many filters to help you view exactly what you need to see. Custom templates allow for the user to quickly respond to reviews along with one of my favorite features, "auto-reply", which allows you to set up auto-reply rules for specific scenarios.
May 11, 2022

Ease of use!

I work for a 5 group dental practice. All voicemails come through Birdeye and are responded to using the platform. We are able to text patients to fill empty holes in the schedule, confirm/verify information for appointments and communicate with patients which allows in office team members to focus on taking care of the patients while they're in office.
  • Exceptional response time for questions/support
  • Organization for teams/offices
  • User notification selection - be able to apply notifications for all offices to certain users - this is specific to our use for Birdeye.
The updates have made Birdeye even more user friendly. It's simple to use and I love the fact that I can have it on my phone as a remote employee.
Birdeye has become such a huge help in getting the patient's on our schedule! It gives the patient a comfortable way to reach out to us for scheduling an appointment or even asking a simple question and getting a response back in minutes! It makes it easier for both patients and the office!
  • Organization
  • Mobile phone access when away from the office.
  • Easy transition from chat to text.
  • Notifications
  • Unaware of outages
  • Getting rid of video option if not necessary
It's great for people to reach out before and after office hours to get a response back in minutes. Great for scheduling/rescheduling, answering a simple question or for a patient who is running late to their appointment. It has become a great tool to help out our front staff team in office!
March 29, 2022

Birdeye

We use Birdeye as a messaging option on our website. A chat feature pops up and it allows customers to message back and forth with someone from our sales team. We also use Birdeye for referrals, reviews, and SMS/Texting campaigns.
  • User Friendly
  • Customer Service
  • Fast at adapting and making changes
  • More options/ways to divide a subscribers list
Birdeye seems to be at the same level as their competitors and we have recently just switched to Birdeye. However, they seem to have more potential to grow and are more user-friendly.
At Wallaroo's Furniture and Mattresses, we use Birdeye for both our internal and external company communications. We use it to chat amongst team members and to converse with current and potential customers. We also use it to send SMS Marketing campaigns and collect company reviews. I played a role in implementing Birdeye throughout our company and while it was tedious, the support from Birdeye has been amazing.
  • Client Support
  • Training
  • External Communications
  • Internal Communications within companies
  • Advanced SMS Campaigns
  • Advanced/ More Robust Email Marketing options
Birdeye is well suited for simple uses, but more complex situations require a bit more work. For example, the organization of chat inboxes can be a bit messy, but if you're not juggling so many messages, it's pretty easy. The ability for internal communication is lacking, but I know that they're in the process of rolling it out.
Mallory Coffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Birdeye to manage reviews from all platforms. They come from Yelp, Google, Facebook and more, but are all easy to see and respond from right on the Birdeye app. I've only had one issue using the app; it had a glitch that would only allow me to type in all caps. Once I emailed support, they were on it quickly and resolved the issue within a week. Until then, I was still able to respond to reviews by typing them elsewhere and copy/pasting them into my Birdeye app. This app absolutely helps me do my job easier managing our business' social media accounts.
  • Time management
  • Great overview
  • I would like to see more review reports over the long term to compare
It makes managing social media reviews extremely simple. The only functionality I wish I had was detailed reports of reviews over time.
I use Birdeye to help clients deal with their reputation management. Many clients are getting reviews but not responding adequately to them. This is especially helpful with companies that have multiple locations. I use it sometimes as a "door opener" to introduce this product and other ideas for marketing for potential clients.
  • Reputation management
  • Web site connectivity
  • Marketing
  • Analytics of Web traffic
  • Quicker response time from "Help Desk".
  • More people to help with training
Retail yes, Construction trade yes, medical yes. Probably not for faith based organizations such as churches.
Hannah Marie Christianson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Birdeye's capabilities allow us to manage our reviews across various review sites in a straightforward way. They continue to innovate and provide a simple yet integrative platform, allowing us to provide a better experience for our residents.
  • Aggregates reviews to one platform
  • Automatic review responses
  • Advanced reporting features
  • Online webinars
  • Ensuring the properties are properly integrated to GMB
Birdeye provides the all-in-one reputation management experience. Their customer service is superb and reliable, thank you Birdeye!
We signed up for Birdeye to help with our Google reviews and we have been very pleased!! We have always struggled with getting.
  • Customer service.
  • Presenting Google reviews to our patients.
  • Dashboard is very easy to use.
  • Messaging patients back.
  • Sales calls- I felt the salesperson who was trying to get us to add more, was a bit pushy.
I definitely feel that Birdeye is great for boosting Google reviews. I also feel that if you're not using a messaging app, you should look into theirs. We don't feel Yelp is a good suggestion, as we aren't fans of that site.
9 out of 10 because I didn't get my answer fast enough, however, 9 because the follow-up the next day was suburb!