Reviews (1-25 of 46)
February 04, 2020
Score 1 out of 10
We are using Bitdefender GravityZone for our organization's anti-virus solution. We use it on our PCs and Macs. It provides protection from malware and phishing attempts.
Read Isidoro "Roy" Jovero's full review
Bitdefender GravityZone is definitely a Windows-centric system, and the web UI doesn't make a whole lot of sense. While the system does indeed do what it needs to, it can be done better and use fewer resources. On Macs, it has become a performance-degrading hurdle for our engineers.
December 11, 2019
We use Bitdefender to protect our customers' computers, servers and network. We also use it to protect our own devices.
Read Matthew Ingram's full review
Bitdefender is suited for all environments. If you are a small office or home user, it would probably be best to stick with residential version of antivirus. Bitdefender works great for MSPs as it integrates with most PSAs. IT department will love the deployment options.
Bitdefender GravityZone is being used throughout the organization, even with our external contributors who are currently in other states.
- Using Bitdefender Control Center we can easily and quickly identify the equipment that is infected, and in addition, we can perform the cleaning action remotely.
- Another widely used point is the remote installation and upgrade of the client, enabling IT staff to perform this action or schedule in Control Center without the need for staff to physically move around.
- We were able to create action and access policies for specific groups quickly and easily. This allows for the blockages and releases according to the role or user activity of each employee
- The blacklist of access to websites by content, or URL, is very efficient and if you need a momentary release we can use PowerUser for this action locally, isolated and temporarily.
- It consumes a lot of the requirements of the computer/notebook, making its use in more modest equipment (with 4GB of RAM, for example) very slow. It loads with a very long delay of Windows startup.
- While performing an upgrade or scan using hard disks, the equipment is very slow. We can only solve this problem using SSD, and this solution is not feasible since we would have a very high cost to exchange all disks of our technology park.
Read Diego Pacheco's full review
We create access policies according to the contributions of employees. For example, for our service team, the rules are stricter for access to sites and equipment resources, while for consultants, who are external, there is less restricted access. GravityZone has some difficulty updating clients outside the corporate network. This prevents employees from having client updates.
Everyone in our company (6 employees) uses GravityZone to manage our customers' computers that are on Bitdefender. This helps me keep track of which computers are covered and which ones have been encrypted.
- It is very well organized which makes keeping track of our different groups very easy.
- I like that it tells me when a computer has been encrypted since I have to keep track of these things on a monthly basis.
- Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a computer is protected with Bitdefender or if it is inactive or unencrypted.
Read Ashley Beal's full review
Bitdefender GravityZone is great for companies that need to monitor and manage multiple companies and their computers. The website is very easy to use.
October 30, 2019
We use this to provide antivirus and monitoring to business and residential customers. The main problem that we were having was being able to provide affordable monitoring to residential customers and this software fixed that.
Read Christopher Eide's full review
I think it's best suited for providing full-service network security services to residential customers. For business customers, there are some features its missing to be able to provide everything they could need.
October 30, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We use GravityZone as an MSP, it helps us manage multiple clients across many different verticals. We use it both internally and for our clients. It integrates with our PSA/RMM but we use the GravityZone console more often than the PSA/RMM to manage endpoints.
- Manage multiple endpoints efficiently.
- Alert technicians when a problem is encountered.
- Preventing infections and cleaning up machines that are already infected.
- Endpoint resources utilization. GravityZone clients seem to have a noticeable impact on system performance.
- UI is decent but could use some improvement when it comes to accessing common tasks easily.
- Better documentation of recommended practices. For example more information on the best practices for policy configuration depending on how they being deployed; ie MSP, internal, VAR.
Read James Caverly's full review
Works great across multiple platforms and clients but needs some work when it comes to resource utilization on old equipment.
- We monitor our client’s PCs.
- The dashboard view is great and provides quick insights.
- Create and enter new client information, set up rules,
- Easy to use.
- Easy to use.
- The dashboard provides a quick overview of all PCs.
- Easy to set clients up, even when there are changes in policy.
- Front end is easy to use.
- Entering information from top to bottom not bottom to top (that is something I always have to remember).
- Training videos on how to set up, therefore new hires can also learn.
Read Shalveen Prasad's full review
- Always requiring internet to do a scan
- Always asking for updates
- Ran a scan a few times found spyware that wasn't captured the first time around
- Good links at times are blocked
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
It's used by our organization and by all of our customers. It addresses various levels of security.
Read Dustin Harvey's full review
Any company that needs an antivirus I would recommend
October 22, 2019
Bitdefender GravityZone is my company's endpoint security platform. It is deployed on all computers, laptops and servers throughout our organization. Since we work remotely and travel often, it's an ideal solution for us as the endpoints are centrally managed from the web portal. This simplifies deployment and monitoring. Furthermore, the solution does not affect computer performance. We liked it so much that we decided to partner with Bitdefender and offer it to all of our clients.
- Bitdefender provides excellent malware protection, without affecting the speed or performance of the computers.
- The web portal simplifies product deployment, device reporting and threat mitigation. This is ideal, since our company has devices in multiple locations.
- The web portal provides a central location for us to manage all of our client's devices. Since we're an IT service provider, the solution is very efficient and makes it easy to manage and monitor all of our clients devices from one location.
- The Mac version seems to have limited power user functionality.
Read Craig Roberts's full review
Bitdefender GravityZone is a great solution for all organizations, IT service providers and admins that have to protect, manage, and monitor many devices. It is an elaborate & effective Endpoint Security and Patch Management Solution for organizations of any size, as well as IT service providers that service multiple organizations.
We are a managed service provider. We use Bitdefender internally and for our clients.
- Single pane of glass
- Easy to deploy
- If the downloaded tool fails, it has to download all over. Would be nice if it caches the install file for later use.
- Cannot install if Malware Bytes is installed, but works fine if MBAM is installed after.
- Cannot move machines from one company to another without reinstalling.
Read Aaron Kunkel's full review
We like it from an MSP perspective. Easy to deploy to new clients, Even to an individual. I cannot speak to performance in an enterprise-size environment.
I resale the Bitdefender Cloud antivirus and use the GravityZone to create the packages and rules. I use it as a monitoring tool as well for all my clients.
Read Francis Simard's full review
Best suited if for a company with lost of different partners.
Less suitable is for personal usage.
Less suitable is for personal usage.
October 14, 2019
We use it on all of our computers in our school to help keep us safe. Our entire organization uses it and we have only had good things to say about this product. We will continue to use it for many years to come. It is a good way to see if any viruses have been installed on the computer.
Read Brandon Hightower's full review
It is well suited for any situation where computers are involved. Schools, businesses, or home settings are all good places to use Bitdefender.
December 11, 2019
Bitdefender GravityZone is being used at a couple of our clients as primary AntiVirus and Malware threat security software running at the desktop and server level.
Read Robert Guy's full review
For the SMB market, this product is an excellent multi-purpose desktop antivirus. Cost competitive, cloud-based control, easy reporting, and does a good job.
Seemlessly deployed across nearly 50 endpoints across the state of Texas.
Read Jeffrey Waits's full review
It’s a great product.
We are a reseller of Bitdefender. It is being used in our company and by all of our clients. IT allows us to be able to monitor all our clients from one portal.
- One portal: able to see in one view if any of my clients have any issues.
- Easy to install
- Lots of control options for each install.
- Easier to understand any license issues with each client.
- Too many running services.
- Really seems to use a lot of resources when running scans.
Read Randy Folmes's full review
Easy to install and customize.
October 22, 2019
Our company has used Bitdefender GravityZone for more than 5 years, both for internal use of our organization and departments and in our clients and collaborators. We can centrally manage the security of our devices. Thanks to its flexibility and different configurations, it allows us to cover all needs from remote points to large integrated departments.
Read this authenticated review
Very suitable for distributors, service providers, local resellers and large corporations. It is also suitable for small and medium enterprises, but the great potential of this product is in the scalability and segmentation that they put at our disposal.
October 19, 2019
Bitdefender is our primary AV solution for our organization and for all organizations we support through our Managed Service Provider partnership. Bitdefender provides an affordable, platform for all users.
- A cost-effective solution, pay for what you need.
- Out of the box configuration. More features generally result in more settings to configure. Bitdefender has created standard out of the box policies that meet the needs of our customers.
- Easy to install. Installation instructions can be sent directly to the portal and done by the end-user.
- It needs a smaller installation package. The install is very large.
- Better logging at the endpoint level.
Read this authenticated review
Any customer looking for a module AV system. The basic service is very cost-effective while the system with all modules enabled still competes with enterprise AV.
We are a manages dervice provider who used to resell BitDefender as the primary antivirus to our clients at around 300 Endpoints.GravityZone works well for MSPs as there is a single pane of glass and it is easy to manage and setup multiple tenants.
Read this authenticated review
If your environment is primarily Windows-based, this solution would work well, however, if you support Apple devices as well, there are significant features that are missing (i.e. scheduling updates. This is available for Windows agents, but not for Mac).
October 15, 2019
We use it internally and we resell it to our customers. We are an IT Managed Services Provider and most of our customers we have switched over to BitDefender for their antivirus. It provides antivirus protection in a business environment.
Read this authenticated review
Very good for Managed Service Providers because it's easy to manage multiple different customers. Also good for any size organization because it's easy to set up and manage.
We use Bitdefender GravityZone to simplify deployment and management to one of our remote departments. We need it to make the status of the protection more visible and more configurable. We remotely manage all their VMs, hosts and desktops and we are happy with the ability to feel like the site is secure and we have the tools we need to ensure protection.
- Provides central reporting for groups of computers
- Centralized security policies ensure that the system is lower maintenance
- Reporting and auditing makes operations very easy
- Cost is high and makes it hard to sell, it would be nice if it was the same cost per user rather than per device, as most users have multiple devices, so the price is a moving target, this makes sales hard.
Read this authenticated review
It's a centralized deployment and reporting AV that supports almost all platforms and clients, makes management very easy.
September 20, 2019
Our agency operates Supportive In-Home services for children and adults with developmental disabilities. As such, our networks must comply with HIPAA securities. Our administrative workforce has Bitdefender installed on on each computer. Additionally, it is installed on our lab computers used by staff to complete sensitive transactions online and general use.
Most of our workforce are field users (the persons providing the direct care). These employees are provided tablets to access our Electronic Health Record system. It did not seem practical or necessary to install a mobile version given the limited use we have deployed on the tablets.
Business problems are generally minimal. However, unless the administrator knows how to access and configure policy assignments and monitor activities, it is difficult to know how to set up and deploy. It happens that I have used, deployed and implemented polices when I worked for an IT company. It was because of this experience that I chose this option for my company.
The other business problem is that while I made a purchase though Bit Defender web site, the license increases and renewals needed to go through an independent vendor. The parten company does not do a good job explaining this.
- The Gravity Zone console is quite easy to use, particularly if the person assigned to implement and deploy have a good understanding of how to make it work to get at the information needed.
- The Dashboard is customizable to get at the information needed in one location.
- Pushing tasks across the network is quite easy.
- Having said the what is available in gravity zone, it is easy to see what devices have activity that frequently result in quarantines. This allows us to address "misuse" of our devices. Which brings me to my final point...
- The policies can be set up to lock devices down with very strict rules (such as device locking) or with relaxed policies.
- Who do I ask? This is my chief complaint is once the initial licenses were purchased through Bit Defender, there was no one to contact that could help navigate some of the initial questions I had with regard to specific policies to implement for our file server. The parent web site is, well, hard to navigate when one is trying to "learn" the system.
- The second issue is in increasing the licenses. It took several days for the parent company (by contact and phone) to inform me that they could not increase the licenses and I would have to go through a private vendor. There was no intent to connect me to a vendor or provide a vendor list until I asked specifically. YET I continue to get email from the parent company reminding me to pay an annual fee for the licenses purchase through the private vendor. The parent company can see the number of licenses yet did not sell them to me.
- Gravity Zone Dashboard, while excellent for those who have experience, is not particularly intuitive for those who have never used it. There does not seem to be a lot of documentation for those responsible for implementation.
Read Gail Dutchess's full review
Bitdefender is well suited for companies that require a high level of security and desire a high level of control and flexibility for developing policies that are user group specific. Companies that have internal IT should find this very useful. Companies that are externally hire to provide IT business management solutions would also find this very beneficial.
September 10, 2019
We use Bitdefender GravityZone across our whole organization. We have it installed on Apple and Windows devices, about 18 in total. We were having issues with a consistent platform to ensure we were protected from viruses on computers. Each device had something different and we decided to purchase a product to have consistency throughout our devices to ensure we were properly protected. It addresses the issue we had with not knowing if we were protected enough from security risks and a way to monitor each device.
- Easy interface for all device monitoring.
- Automatic scheduling of anti-virus scans.
- Responsive customer service.
- Sometimes automatic scans do not happen and have to initiate manually.
- More detailed reports of scan and results would be helpful in order to analyze devices productivity.
- Faster scans.
Read Christine Damian's full review
This is a great system for a team who needs a consistent way of monitoring a variety of devices for anti-virus, phishing, etc. It is easy to use, and the interface to log in and view each device is convenient and has everything you need in one place. The price is worth what you are receiving in the reassurance that you are safe from online threats.
September 14, 2019
We're a technology company, SME size. Having tried various and somewhat inadequate anti-virus / anti-malware products I decided to try Bitdefender's enterprise offering, in the form of GravityZone. I was familiar with Bitdefender's home user products and liked the fact that independent testing consistently showed Bitdefender's detection rates at the top of the rankings, so was keen to test their enterprise product. Our objective was to protect our internal network from malware and other threats. We've installed across the organisation and I manage everything from the web-based admin console. It works very well.
- Detection rates are industry leading, and with very few if any false positives.
- The endpoint software is also very lightweight. We've had problems with previous alternate AV software hogging resources. Not so with Bitdefender GravityZone.
- Something I find irritating when using the web console to administer or view reports etc, is that you can't use the browser 'back' button!
- I've also found at times the remote deployment to be a little unreliable. I've had to resort to using 3rd-party tools to deploy to some machines on our domain.
Read Simon Giddings's full review
This is a slightly odd question about a software product with a very clear purpose. Bitdefender GravityZone is well suited to the scenario where you have a corporate network and you want to protect your users and computers from viruses and malware. It's not so well suited to a home environment but it's not aimed at a home environment.
September 11, 2019
Bitdefender GravityZone is being used at our two libraries to meet the demands for our information technology security. We count on Bitdefender to protect us from Malware, Viruses, Ransomware, etc... We are also using the web filter option to filter out pornography and so on. I enjoy the user interface provided by Bitdefender. We could not be more pleased and I plan to renew our subscription when our renewal arrives.
- Great success with the web filter. Once I've entered a site to be blocked, within several minutes I can test and see that the site is, in fact, blocked.
- The ease of installation is paramount. Logging into the gravityzone website is a breeze. Right in front of you is the offer to "install on this machine" option. Very easy to use. The portlets on the dashboard are the best. Once arranged to my liking - it's a sure fire and quick way to glance at the network health overall.
- The ease of pushing commands and instructions to individual machines under the network menu option is fantastic. I can select a single machine for a scan and many other things or can select the entire network.
- Love the detailed info that is given for any chosen machine.
- Had a little trouble when deleting a computer from the network list. Learned it was best to move it to the deleted folder first, then delete from there. Maybe this could be noted by an * or something at the bottom if one is going to delete a computer.
- Maybe send a verification email if logging into the website from a new device or one that is not used often and then add that machine to the trusted list for devices that can log on.
- Offer a user interface choice or theme so that we may change to color of our dashboard.
Read Bryan Scheerer's full review
Recently, we were hit with malware attack. Included several different machines from both libraries. I was unaware until I logged in to my Bitdefender Gravityzone account. I checked my alerts and say that we had sustained a malware outbreak. Looked through the log files and saw that all machines were safe and protected by Bitdefender. We printed and displayed the results to the board at our monthly board meeting.
August 05, 2019
We use it for our entire organization for virus protection. We chose to have all our users on the same protection plan.
- Users are protected without them having to manage the product themselves
- Being able to manage computers in our organization thru the cloud is especially helpful when we have users all across the country and South America
- Bitdefender uses less computer resources than many other virus protection products we've used in the past
- I do not like having to correspond by email. When I have an issue I do not have time to wait 6-8 hours for a reply. I want to do a chat or a phone call.
- I find their cloud dashboard a bit challenging to navigate. I can never find the option I need without searching thru every category.
- I do not like that it takes 48 hours for the cloud to update when there is an issue with a client computer when I am working on it remotely.
Read Carol Heim's full review
Our in-house management is quite easy. Those computers I can do hands-on. It is when I need to depend on the cloud to manage a computer that is having issues that can be more of a challenge.
Bitdefender GravityZone Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Bitdefender GravityZone
Bitdefender GravityZone Technical Details