Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

Isidoro &quot;Roy&quot; Jovero | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Think twice, or three times, before deploying to Macs

We are using Bitdefender GravityZone for our organization's anti-virus solution. We use it on our PCs and Macs. It provides protection from malware and phishing attempts.
  • Works behind the scenes
  • Notifications are customisable
  • Can be a resource hog on Macs
  • Cannot modify Mac notifications
Bitdefender GravityZone is definitely a Windows-centric system, and the web UI doesn't make a whole lot of sense. While the system does indeed do what it needs to, it can be done better and use fewer resources. On Macs, it has become a performance-degrading hurdle for our engineers.
We've definitely benefited from Bitdefender GravityZone's centralized console, as we can change the policies and push them out without having to get hands-on with each computer. It's also an easy place to see what Bitdefender GravityZone is finding on user machines, allowing us to see if there's anything we can do to prevent further events.
Service is mediocre. I don't have any reason to be strongly for or against it. I will have to say that their post-support emails get to be too much. Yes, I could just reply and have them closed, but 6 reminders are a bit much.
Read Isidoro "Roy" Jovero's full review
Gail Dutchess | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Excellent product but difficult to set up for non IT

Our agency operates Supportive In-Home services for children and adults with developmental disabilities. As such, our networks must comply with HIPAA securities. Our administrative workforce has Bitdefender installed on on each computer. Additionally, it is installed on our lab computers used by staff to complete sensitive transactions online and general use.

Most of our workforce are field users (the persons providing the direct care). These employees are provided tablets to access our Electronic Health Record system. It did not seem practical or necessary to install a mobile version given the limited use we have deployed on the tablets.

Business problems are generally minimal. However, unless the administrator knows how to access and configure policy assignments and monitor activities, it is difficult to know how to set up and deploy. It happens that I have used, deployed and implemented polices when I worked for an IT company. It was because of this experience that I chose this option for my company.

The other business problem is that while I made a purchase though Bit Defender web site, the license increases and renewals needed to go through an independent vendor. The parten company does not do a good job explaining this.
  • The Gravity Zone console is quite easy to use, particularly if the person assigned to implement and deploy have a good understanding of how to make it work to get at the information needed.
  • The Dashboard is customizable to get at the information needed in one location.
  • Pushing tasks across the network is quite easy.
  • Having said the what is available in gravity zone, it is easy to see what devices have activity that frequently result in quarantines. This allows us to address "misuse" of our devices. Which brings me to my final point...
  • The policies can be set up to lock devices down with very strict rules (such as device locking) or with relaxed policies.
  • Who do I ask? This is my chief complaint is once the initial licenses were purchased through Bit Defender, there was no one to contact that could help navigate some of the initial questions I had with regard to specific policies to implement for our file server. The parent web site is, well, hard to navigate when one is trying to "learn" the system.
  • The second issue is in increasing the licenses. It took several days for the parent company (by contact and phone) to inform me that they could not increase the licenses and I would have to go through a private vendor. There was no intent to connect me to a vendor or provide a vendor list until I asked specifically. YET I continue to get email from the parent company reminding me to pay an annual fee for the licenses purchase through the private vendor. The parent company can see the number of licenses yet did not sell them to me.
  • Gravity Zone Dashboard, while excellent for those who have experience, is not particularly intuitive for those who have never used it. There does not seem to be a lot of documentation for those responsible for implementation.
Bitdefender is well suited for companies that require a high level of security and desire a high level of control and flexibility for developing policies that are user group specific. Companies that have internal IT should find this very useful. Companies that are externally hire to provide IT business management solutions would also find this very beneficial.
We have benefited from the centralized console. As previously stated, having the ability to control what we see on the dashboard helps us focus on the ares we need for the purposes of efficiency. The reports are also easy to find and use. A needed task for assessing risk over time. The pitfall lies in minimal documentation available to the lay community on how to use gravity zone and make custom configurations on the dashboard and throughout.
Honestly, unless you have had the privilege to have worked with Gravity Zone as I have in an IT environment, it would be near impossible for a lay person to even know how to get started. Finding customer support is near impossible as well. When I contact CS, I was bounced around until someone finely told me they could not help me and I would need to work with an independent vendor who was not going to offer any outside contacts until I asked.
Read Gail Dutchess's full review
Christine Damian | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

Protection and Peace of Mind with Excellent Value

We use Bitdefender GravityZone across our whole organization. We have it installed on Apple and Windows devices, about 18 in total. We were having issues with a consistent platform to ensure we were protected from viruses on computers. Each device had something different and we decided to purchase a product to have consistency throughout our devices to ensure we were properly protected. It addresses the issue we had with not knowing if we were protected enough from security risks and a way to monitor each device.
  • Easy interface for all device monitoring.
  • Automatic scheduling of anti-virus scans.
  • Responsive customer service.
  • Sometimes automatic scans do not happen and have to initiate manually.
  • More detailed reports of scan and results would be helpful in order to analyze devices productivity.
  • Faster scans.
This is a great system for a team who needs a consistent way of monitoring a variety of devices for anti-virus, phishing, etc. It is easy to use, and the interface to log in and view each device is convenient and has everything you need in one place. The price is worth what you are receiving in the reassurance that you are safe from online threats.
Our organization has benefited from this centralized management because any of the management team can log in and see the progress and devices and how they are running. This is useful because at any time someone can log in simply. We can also pinpoint any problem issues that certain devices may have and address them.
Any issues we have had we are quick to get a response from their customer service, who have answered the questions and addressed the issues correctly and accurately. We have not had to repeat the same issue or submit multiple requests for the same issue. The agents are knowledgeable and dependable in the interactions we have had with them.
Read Christine Damian's full review
Matthew Ingram | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

MSPs... Add this to your stack!

We use Bitdefender to protect our customers' computers, servers and network. We also use it to protect our own devices.
  • Protects computers from malware.
  • Rarely interferes with other programs.
  • Management console needs a UI redesign.
  • Can be confusing to understand.
Bitdefender is suited for all environments. If you are a small office or home user, it would probably be best to stick with residential version of antivirus. Bitdefender works great for MSPs as it integrates with most PSAs. IT department will love the deployment options.
The centralized management needs a redesign. The UI is awful. But it is flexible. Clients are updated fast.
I had an issue where they were blocking my company website. Took them a week to remove it. I updated my policies to whitelist it, but it was still annoying. All they said was it was a mistake.
Read Matthew Ingram's full review
Diego Pacheco | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Easy management and use.

Bitdefender GravityZone is being used throughout the organization, even with our external contributors who are currently in other states.
  • Using Bitdefender Control Center we can easily and quickly identify the equipment that is infected, and in addition, we can perform the cleaning action remotely.
  • Another widely used point is the remote installation and upgrade of the client, enabling IT staff to perform this action or schedule in Control Center without the need for staff to physically move around.
  • We were able to create action and access policies for specific groups quickly and easily. This allows for the blockages and releases according to the role or user activity of each employee
  • The blacklist of access to websites by content, or URL, is very efficient and if you need a momentary release we can use PowerUser for this action locally, isolated and temporarily.
  • It consumes a lot of the requirements of the computer/notebook, making its use in more modest equipment (with 4GB of RAM, for example) very slow. It loads with a very long delay of Windows startup.
  • While performing an upgrade or scan using hard disks, the equipment is very slow. We can only solve this problem using SSD, and this solution is not feasible since we would have a very high cost to exchange all disks of our technology park.
We create access policies according to the contributions of employees. For example, for our service team, the rules are stricter for access to sites and equipment resources, while for consultants, who are external, there is less restricted access. GravityZone has some difficulty updating clients outside the corporate network. This prevents employees from having client updates.
Central Control assists in finding and executing actions for a single device or for all, making the process faster. The organization of the information was well-designed and grouped by topic.
There has not yet been a real need to consult support.
Read Diego Pacheco's full review
Ashley Beal | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

GravityZone Review

Everyone in our company (6 employees) uses GravityZone to manage our customers' computers that are on Bitdefender. This helps me keep track of which computers are covered and which ones have been encrypted.
  • It is very well organized which makes keeping track of our different groups very easy.
  • I like that it tells me when a computer has been encrypted since I have to keep track of these things on a monthly basis.
  • Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a computer is protected with Bitdefender or if it is inactive or unencrypted.
Bitdefender GravityZone is great for companies that need to monitor and manage multiple companies and their computers. The website is very easy to use.
The fact that it is managed from a single console is very helpful because it puts it all in one place instead of having to figure our where everything is located.
The support is great and the product is fantastic too.
Read Ashley Beal's full review
Christopher Eide | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Bitdefender is a full service security solution for a great price.

We use this to provide antivirus and monitoring to business and residential customers. The main problem that we were having was being able to provide affordable monitoring to residential customers and this software fixed that.
  • Amazing training
  • Great support
  • Easy to navigate
  • Pricing is hard to see right away.
  • It has a steep learning curve.
  • The training doesn't work on Chrome.
I think it's best suited for providing full-service network security services to residential customers. For business customers, there are some features its missing to be able to provide everything they could need.
We have because it allows us to see everything from one place, instead of having to log into each customer individually.
They reach out a lot and any question I've had is answered almost immediately.
Read Christopher Eide's full review
James Caverly | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Good product and features, decently priced.

We use GravityZone as an MSP, it helps us manage multiple clients across many different verticals. We use it both internally and for our clients. It integrates with our PSA/RMM but we use the GravityZone console more often than the PSA/RMM to manage endpoints.
  • Manage multiple endpoints efficiently.
  • Alert technicians when a problem is encountered.
  • Preventing infections and cleaning up machines that are already infected.
  • Endpoint resources utilization. GravityZone clients seem to have a noticeable impact on system performance.
  • UI is decent but could use some improvement when it comes to accessing common tasks easily.
  • Better documentation of recommended practices. For example more information on the best practices for policy configuration depending on how they being deployed; ie MSP, internal, VAR.
Works great across multiple platforms and clients but needs some work when it comes to resource utilization on old equipment.
Centralized management is key to our organization's ability to respond to outbreaks across multiple clients and environments. We wouldn't be able to manage the number of clients we have with our current employee count without the centralized interface.
We haven't really needed any support on GravityZone as it has just been working. I do know that we had good support during the initial phase of implementation.
Read James Caverly's full review
Shalveen Prasad | TrustRadius Reviewer

Truth of service

• We monitor our client’s PCs.
  • The dashboard view is great and provides quick insights.
  • Create and enter new client information, set up rules,
    workstation.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to use.
  • The dashboard provides a quick overview of all PCs.
  • Easy to set clients up, even when there are changes in policy.
  • Front end is easy to use.
  • Entering information from top to bottom not bottom to top (that is something I always have to remember).
  • Training videos on how to set up, therefore new hires can also learn.
Less appropriate:
  • Always requiring internet to do a scan
  • Always asking for updates
  • Ran a scan a few times found spyware that wasn't captured the first time around
  • Good links at times are blocked

Well suited:
  • Easy to set up
Yes, we have benefited from it. I think that his benefit is great. It makes it very manageable to have everything all together.
I would have given it a 10 but had issues with the malware.
Read Shalveen Prasad's full review
Dustin Harvey | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

It's pretty cool

It's used by our organization and by all of our customers. It addresses various levels of security.
  • Response time
  • Block Rate
  • Not letting intrusions
  • Better Web Interface
  • More user friendly
  • Better layout
Any company that needs an antivirus I would recommend
We've had many other antivirus companies use a single console and agent. We haven't really benefited from this from only Bitdefender
It can be very hard to get ahold of them. I've had plenty of tickets and emails with 0 response.
Read Dustin Harvey's full review
Craig Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

An elaborate & effective Endpoint Security and Patch Management Solution

Bitdefender GravityZone is my company's endpoint security platform. It is deployed on all computers, laptops and servers throughout our organization. Since we work remotely and travel often, it's an ideal solution for us as the endpoints are centrally managed from the web portal. This simplifies deployment and monitoring. Furthermore, the solution does not affect computer performance. We liked it so much that we decided to partner with Bitdefender and offer it to all of our clients.
  • Bitdefender provides excellent malware protection, without affecting the speed or performance of the computers.
  • The web portal simplifies product deployment, device reporting and threat mitigation. This is ideal, since our company has devices in multiple locations.
  • The web portal provides a central location for us to manage all of our client's devices. Since we're an IT service provider, the solution is very efficient and makes it easy to manage and monitor all of our clients devices from one location.
  • The Mac version seems to have limited power user functionality.
Bitdefender GravityZone is a great solution for all organizations, IT service providers and admins that have to protect, manage, and monitor many devices. It is an elaborate & effective Endpoint Security and Patch Management Solution for organizations of any size, as well as IT service providers that service multiple organizations.
The solutions centralized management provides many benefits, especially as an IT service provider. We are able to easily deploy the product to an entire organization, generate reports for all of our clients, quickly apply policies, initiate and schedule scan tasks, and manage OS and 3rd party security patches. The ability to perform these tasks from a single console saves a great deal of time.
We haven't even needed to contact support very much, but the one time we did, our issue was resolved promptly with the advice from the support rep.
Read Craig Roberts's full review
Aaron Kunkel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Works for us!

We are a managed service provider. We use Bitdefender internally and for our clients.
  • Single pane of glass
  • Unobtrusive
  • Easy to deploy
  • If the downloaded tool fails, it has to download all over. Would be nice if it caches the install file for later use.
  • Cannot install if Malware Bytes is installed, but works fine if MBAM is installed after.
  • Cannot move machines from one company to another without reinstalling.
We like it from an MSP perspective. Easy to deploy to new clients, Even to an individual. I cannot speak to performance in an enterprise-size environment.
As an MSP, a management console is a must. Bonus points for each tech having their own login, permissions, and multi-factor.
Have not contacted support that I can recall. Would not let me answer N/A.
Read Aaron Kunkel's full review
Francis Simard | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Good review for a good product!

I resale the Bitdefender Cloud antivirus and use the GravityZone to create the packages and rules. I use it as a monitoring tool as well for all my clients.
  • Deployment of client
  • Rules for exclusions
  • Monitoring or all assets
  • Better overall stats and pie chart for a quick dashboard of all clients.
  • Risk assessment or improvement scanner
Best suited if for a company with lost of different partners.

Less suitable is for personal usage.
We do benefit as we don't have a lot of staff. I can perform all my tasks in one location. Time and money is saved here.
I have only used it once and it was taken care of fast and effectively.
Read Francis Simard's full review
Brandon Hightower | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 14, 2019

Bitdefender for a charter school

We use it on all of our computers in our school to help keep us safe. Our entire organization uses it and we have only had good things to say about this product. We will continue to use it for many years to come. It is a good way to see if any viruses have been installed on the computer.
  • User friendly
  • Quick to install
  • Keeps computers safe
  • Can get a little pricey
It is well suited for any situation where computers are involved. Schools, businesses, or home settings are all good places to use Bitdefender.
We have benefited from this console because it has allowed admins to see everything as a whole. It shows which computers have threats and also lets us know if we have computers that don't have the software. If we don't see it in the console then we need to put Bitdefender on that computer.
Any questions I have had were immediately answered by Bitdefender support.
Read Brandon Hightower's full review
Simon Giddings | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 14, 2019

Does what it says on the tin!

We're a technology company, SME size. Having tried various and somewhat inadequate anti-virus / anti-malware products I decided to try Bitdefender's enterprise offering, in the form of GravityZone. I was familiar with Bitdefender's home user products and liked the fact that independent testing consistently showed Bitdefender's detection rates at the top of the rankings, so was keen to test their enterprise product. Our objective was to protect our internal network from malware and other threats. We've installed across the organisation and I manage everything from the web-based admin console. It works very well.
  • Detection rates are industry leading, and with very few if any false positives.
  • The endpoint software is also very lightweight. We've had problems with previous alternate AV software hogging resources. Not so with Bitdefender GravityZone.
  • Something I find irritating when using the web console to administer or view reports etc, is that you can't use the browser 'back' button!
  • I've also found at times the remote deployment to be a little unreliable. I've had to resort to using 3rd-party tools to deploy to some machines on our domain.
This is a slightly odd question about a software product with a very clear purpose. Bitdefender GravityZone is well suited to the scenario where you have a corporate network and you want to protect your users and computers from viruses and malware. It's not so well suited to a home environment but it's not aimed at a home environment.
Centralised management of our AV software simply saves time, and makes it far easier to a) ensure each client has the correct configuration, and b) make global changes to policy and configuration without visiting each workstation.
Haven't really had any serious issues, the main one actually was converting our trial licence into a paid licence. Customer support were very helpful and even extended our trial licence until the paid one was correctly installed to ensure there was no gap in coverage.
Read Simon Giddings's full review
Bryan Scheerer | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

One more network safe, one more network protected....Bitdefender

Bitdefender GravityZone is being used at our two libraries to meet the demands for our information technology security. We count on Bitdefender to protect us from Malware, Viruses, Ransomware, etc... We are also using the web filter option to filter out pornography and so on. I enjoy the user interface provided by Bitdefender. We could not be more pleased and I plan to renew our subscription when our renewal arrives.
  • Great success with the web filter. Once I've entered a site to be blocked, within several minutes I can test and see that the site is, in fact, blocked.
  • The ease of installation is paramount. Logging into the gravityzone website is a breeze. Right in front of you is the offer to "install on this machine" option. Very easy to use. The portlets on the dashboard are the best. Once arranged to my liking - it's a sure fire and quick way to glance at the network health overall.
  • The ease of pushing commands and instructions to individual machines under the network menu option is fantastic. I can select a single machine for a scan and many other things or can select the entire network.
  • Love the detailed info that is given for any chosen machine.
  • Had a little trouble when deleting a computer from the network list. Learned it was best to move it to the deleted folder first, then delete from there. Maybe this could be noted by an * or something at the bottom if one is going to delete a computer.
  • Maybe send a verification email if logging into the website from a new device or one that is not used often and then add that machine to the trusted list for devices that can log on.
  • Offer a user interface choice or theme so that we may change to color of our dashboard.
Recently, we were hit with malware attack. Included several different machines from both libraries. I was unaware until I logged in to my Bitdefender Gravityzone account. I checked my alerts and say that we had sustained a malware outbreak. Looked through the log files and saw that all machines were safe and protected by Bitdefender. We printed and displayed the results to the board at our monthly board meeting.
We most certainly have. To be able to manage all the computers on our network from a single console and dashboard takes it to another level. Bitdefender already has my trust and my attention. Being able to work with my network from a centralized console takes it to another level, for sure!
Everyone I have spoken with has been most polite and tried to help in any way they could.
Read Bryan Scheerer's full review
Robert Guy | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

BitDefender Gravity AV Review of Basic Use and Features

Bitdefender GravityZone is being used at a couple of our clients as primary AntiVirus and Malware threat security software running at the desktop and server level.
  • Easy to use the cloud-based console.
  • Easy to configure and deploy.
  • Digital wallet for password protection is lacking.
  • VIP tech support costs money.
For the SMB market, this product is an excellent multi-purpose desktop antivirus. Cost competitive, cloud-based control, easy reporting, and does a good job.
Yes. Centralized cloud-based management allows us to roll this into our managed services offerings. Also allows for easy and flexible access, easy deployment, installation, and updating without having to touch any endpoints.
Customer support is ok, could be better, and have better deployment support. VIP support is costly.
Read Robert Guy's full review
Carol Heim | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 05, 2019

Bitdefender GravityZone Experiences

We use it for our entire organization for virus protection. We chose to have all our users on the same protection plan.
  • Users are protected without them having to manage the product themselves
  • Being able to manage computers in our organization thru the cloud is especially helpful when we have users all across the country and South America
  • Bitdefender uses less computer resources than many other virus protection products we've used in the past
  • I do not like having to correspond by email. When I have an issue I do not have time to wait 6-8 hours for a reply. I want to do a chat or a phone call.
  • I find their cloud dashboard a bit challenging to navigate. I can never find the option I need without searching thru every category.
  • I do not like that it takes 48 hours for the cloud to update when there is an issue with a client computer when I am working on it remotely.
Our in-house management is quite easy. Those computers I can do hands-on. It is when I need to depend on the cloud to manage a computer that is having issues that can be more of a challenge.
It can be challenging. Once you have used the program for awhile and have worked with tech support, you pick up a few more tips on usage.
I do not like the immediate response. The delay from emailing questions/resolutions can take days instead of an hour if there was phone support more readily available. Even on a chat you can get answers quickly. Many times it is harder to explain an issue in depth in an email rather than discussing on the phone.
Read Carol Heim's full review
.Kim Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2019

Bitdefender GravityZone is the perfect security solution for the average business owner

Our web design business uses Bitdefender GravityZone to secure our high-end business computers. It keeps our systems safe from hackers and viruses and is very easy to set up and use. It does not slow down our operations in any way. The configuration, set up, management, and monitoring are very simple and easy, and the software is streamlined with simplicity and ease of use.
  • Bitdefender GravityZone is well suited for small or medium-sized businesses that need strong security because it's makers put a lot of extra thinking into the software.
  • The web-based administrative management panel is very robust and modern.
  • The software knows how to detect new malware and viruses based on complex algorithms.
  • Reporting can get complicated, especially if you are managing a lot of users.
  • Customer service is not the fastest or most thorough in their responses.
  • Their documentation does not make it easy to browse through and find instructions.
Bitdefender GravityZone is great for small or medium-sized businesses who need a strong security platform that is easy to set up and manage. The web-based interface and easy administrative panel functions make it time-efficient for busy business owners, who don't want to a lot of hassle in their computer security setup and management. If you are just a one-person business who does not need a lot of security, then this might not be the right software for you.
Read .Kim Murphy's full review
Jeffrey Waits | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Bitdefender GravityZone Review

Seemlessly deployed across nearly 50 endpoints across the state of Texas.
  • Great visual reporting.
  • Easy deployment.
  • Resolution of threats.
  • I’d love to see the ability to have remote access to systems with issues.
It’s a great product.
I asked for support on the proper configuration of the firewall for a client. I was provided nothing more than instructions on how to add a policy. No other information!
Read Jeffrey Waits's full review
Randy Folmes | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best AV Program for my business

We are a reseller of Bitdefender. It is being used in our company and by all of our clients. IT allows us to be able to monitor all our clients from one portal.
  • One portal: able to see in one view if any of my clients have any issues.
  • Easy to install
  • Lots of control options for each install.
  • Easier to understand any license issues with each client.
  • Too many running services.
  • Really seems to use a lot of resources when running scans.
Easy to install and customize.
This was the biggest selling feature for me when I choose to switch.
When we have had to call, the support has been excellent.
Read Randy Folmes's full review
Dustin Goetz | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

Great Product at a Great Price

Bitdefender is being used by our company to keep our company records safe.
  • Easy to read reporting
  • Managed real time analysis
  • None as of now
With almost constant updates in technology it helps to keep us protected when expanding or upgrading our technology.
Ease of use
Read Dustin Goetz's full review
October 22, 2019

Our review after 5 years of using Bitdefender GravityZone

Our company has used Bitdefender GravityZone for more than 5 years, both for internal use of our organization and departments and in our clients and collaborators. We can centrally manage the security of our devices. Thanks to its flexibility and different configurations, it allows us to cover all needs from remote points to large integrated departments.
  • Excellent behavior analysis.
  • Real-time check of the state of all endpoints.
  • Adaptable scalability and growth.
  • Brand customization.
Very suitable for distributors, service providers, local resellers and large corporations. It is also suitable for small and medium enterprises, but the great potential of this product is in the scalability and segmentation that they put at our disposal.
The centralized management console is one of the great strengths of this product. Thanks to this, our technical team has full control over what happens at all endpoints of the organization. Also, the different levels of access to the console facilitate control over what each technical person may or may not do within the platform.
Thanks to the fact that the product is very intuitive and the user guides are very clear, we have hardly needed to contact the support, but the occasions that we have done so have always been very effective and with adequate response times.
October 19, 2019

Bitdefender -- the AV Solution for everyone.

Bitdefender is our primary AV solution for our organization and for all organizations we support through our Managed Service Provider partnership. Bitdefender provides an affordable, platform for all users.
  • A cost-effective solution, pay for what you need.
  • Out of the box configuration. More features generally result in more settings to configure. Bitdefender has created standard out of the box policies that meet the needs of our customers.
  • Easy to install. Installation instructions can be sent directly to the portal and done by the end-user.
  • It needs a smaller installation package. The install is very large.
  • Better logging at the endpoint level.
Any customer looking for a module AV system. The basic service is very cost-effective while the system with all modules enabled still competes with enterprise AV.
The single pane of glass has reduced troubleshooting time, increased visibility across all organizations. Issues are now identified globally.
Support is great. They understand the product and the business needs of their users. They want to strive to ensure the product works in every single deployment.

Good for PC, not for Mac

We are a manages dervice provider who used to resell BitDefender as the primary antivirus to our clients at around 300 Endpoints.GravityZone works well for MSPs as there is a single pane of glass and it is easy to manage and setup multiple tenants.
  • Multi-tenant management
  • Global policy change
  • Nested policy management
  • Single pane of glass
  • Poor Apple (Mac) support
  • High resource usage
  • Challenging reporting model
If your environment is primarily Windows-based, this solution would work well, however, if you support Apple devices as well, there are significant features that are missing (i.e. scheduling updates. This is available for Windows agents, but not for Mac).
Console management is difficult to manage and does not reflect accurate statistics.
Example would be a client that has 70 endpoints, and 1 of them is a laptop that has not been turned on in a week (user is on vacation) the whole organization is flagged with a warning.
Very difficult to distinguish threats against workstations that haven't checked in.
If there are more endpoints then licences available, reports do not accurately show which agents are active but unlicensed.
Our primary link for support was through our distribution partner, however, they would often just act as a middle man passing our questions on to their BitDefender support contact and relaying the answers back to us. Had we been able to have direct support the experience may have improved, although from my understanding the questions that we were asking were regarding features that had not been implemented yet (e.g. scheduling updates on an Apple (Mac) agent).

Anti-Exploit Technology (33)
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (33)
Centralized Management (36)
Hybrid Deployment Support (24)
Infection Remediation (35)
Vulnerability Management (33)
Malware Detection (36)

About Bitdefender GravityZone

Bitdefender GravityZone combines multiple security services into a single platform to reduce the cost of building a trusted environment for endpoints.