Bitdefender GravityZone is a SysAdmin's Dream Come TrueWe use Bitdefender on all workstations and servers. It solves our need to protect our systems from malware and from malware-infected sites. It scans any device connected to the computer when inserted, so that USB drives, DVD drives, and other external sources can't contaminate the computer. Bitdefender is an easy-to-install, easy to maintain, and easy to update anti-malware solution--no matter how large or how small your system footprint is. The GravityZone product is cloud-based, which means that I can get a handle on installations, infections, and settings no matter where I am or what time of day it is. The cloud-based solution is somewhat different than the on-premise version, but for budget-minded companies, the cloud version (GravityZone) works very well.,Bitdefender automatically updates without any user intervention. Updates happen in the background and a reboot is not required--at least in two years it hasn't been. I schedule Bitdefender to perform full scans on systems every Friday. I've never had a user complain about a system that is slow because of the full scan. I like that we can manage Bitdefender actions and features from the website. For example, I can place systems in different groups or profiles to enable or disable different features. I also like that Bitdefender has its own built-in firewall. It's very restrictive and logs every action against it.,I wish we could access logs from the cloud-based product. Not just in a viewable sense but from a download so that we can scrape them for interesting strings. Bitdefender needs to make it easier to export data from the web interface. As it stands now, it's a time-consuming copy and paste activity. I would like for there to a notification service when someone encounters malware. For example, an email to our IT team when someone's Bitdefender quarantines a file.,10,The ROI for Bitdefender is hard to quantify except that it requires very little maintenance time from our staff. We've spent no time troubleshooting user complaints or issues from users, so it has been a big time-saver over our previously used anti-malware software. Bitdefender's customer service is usually pretty good and also very responsive, so I don't have to wait by the phone or to keep checking email to resolve a problem--although our issues have been mostly informational and not a problem with functionality.,AVG AntiVirus Business Edition, McAfee Endpoint Security and Avast Business Antivirus,Helix ALM (formerly TestTrack), Microsoft Office 365, Veeam Backup & Replication,No,10,No,I had an issue, described elsewhere in this review that I couldn't export reports from GravityZone to an Excel spreadsheet. The very persistent support person would not stop helping me until the problem was resolved. I couldn't export to Excel but I could use another method of copy/paste to get the info I needed into Excel. The feature just doesn't exist, but she helped me figure out a solution. Few, if any, support people would do that. She wouldn't give up on it and figured out a way for me to get what I needed. Exceptional.Bitdefender - defends all my computer's bits!GravityZone is used for personal computer protection as an anti-virus software. It helps ensure protection against attacks to personal information. It also helps get data more secure on a desktop/laptop and scans incoming threats and or reviews content before launching to help protect your PC and information. Also has automatic regular updates so no need to ensure you are protected.,Updates regularly to ensure you are protected Flags any malware or unexpected downloads etc Protects personal information,Slows down computer Doesn't learn which items are safe so you have to "ok" similar items more than once Sometimes stops working and you have to refresh or reboot,7,No negative impact No overly positive impact except a protection tool Doesn't impact business objectives,AVG AntiVirus Business Edition and McAfee Enterprise Security Manager,Microsoft 365 Business, Adobe Acrobat DC, Tableau Server, Alteryx Analytics, Adobe Captivate Prime, Adobe CaptivateBitdefender - After 2 yearsWe are using Bitdefender through our entire organization, we migrated from Avast! and process was fairly smooth. I am not overly fond of having to "tune" UAC during the deployment process nor am I fond of the fact that you cannot have multiple licenses with different expiration of the same type of client. That being said Bitdefender is one of the best products on the market and the fact that their engine is licensed to about a dozen other popular AV products speaks volumes. Randsomware detection and prevention seems to be second to none and the overall management of the product is mature and intuitive unlike some if their primary competitors. Overall I am very satisfied and would highly recommend to anyone.,Randomware detection and prevention Centralized and simply policy based management with AD integration Centralized scanning offloads much of the processing needed and frees the client to be used for its intended purpose.,You cannot run multiple licenses for any given client type. An example would be if I purchase a group of clients and need to add more licensing my only option is to prorate into the existing, I cannot run a separate license file with a separate expirations date. This can pose an issue if trying to divide licensing for budgetary purposes or simple expansion. While the deployment process was smooth overall for us UAC does need to be tweaked for it to be successful. This really shouldn't be necessary. During the sales process it was stressed that Bitdefender would automatically remove our existing AV product making deployment extremely simple, this however turned out to not be the case and our existing AV had to be removed by other means.,9,Being in education our previous AV solution was provided free of charge until this year so the ROI factor for us is a negative in terms of money. I will have to say that Bitdefender was really good a working with us to achieve a reasonable price point and actually came in cheaper than some of the lesser alternatives out there.,ESET Endpoint Security, Avast Business Antivirus and Kaspersky Endpoint Security,Goverlan ReachBitDefender GravityzoneBitdefender is being used across the entire organization to protect against virus', malware, and other attacks. The "cloud" based management helps us with users who live and operate remotely. I utilize the reports and alerting features to keep my up to date when incidents happen inside our system. Bitdefender is one part of our security strategy and fits in nicely.,Lightweight - the memory footprint is low, allowing us to use this on older machines. The processes do not hog the CPU. Simple management - the bells and whistles are streamlined well here. Detection - good reviews elsewhere for picking up what it needs to.,Improved reporting - the reporting date ranges aren't intuitive. Better alert options - we can get emails, but text messages and other methods for alert would be nice.,10,We were using Kaspersky that came with Kaseya management. While it is hard to quantify the ROI in this scenario, I'm convinced we are saving money from not only the licensing cost, but the cost to deal with issues that Kaspersky may not have addressed appropriately.,Sophos Endpoint ProtectionBitdefender GravityZone Does the JobBitdefender GravityZone is being used to manage and protect Mac and Windows clients as well as Mac and Windows servers.,Bitdefender GravityZone is easy to deploy and manage. We spend less system administration time. Bitdefender GravityZone does an excellent job of reporting issues and helps isolate systems that are affected.,Bitdefender GravityZone has had issues with different administrative users. Could be better at assigning similar roles.,10,Bitdefender GravityZone has reduced our administrative time and cost as it pertains to security tools for clients.,,Microsoft Office 365, FileMaker Pro
Bitdefender GravityZone

GravityZone Reviews

GravityZone
Filter 11 vetted GravityZone reviews and ratings
Kenneth Hess profile photo
August 22, 2018

Review: "Bitdefender GravityZone is a SysAdmin's Dream Come True"

• Bitdefender automatically updates without any user intervention. Updates happen in the background and a reboot is not required--at least in two years it hasn't been.
  • I schedule Bitdefender to perform full scans on systems every Friday. I've never had a user complain about a system that is slow because of the full scan.
  • I like that we can manage Bitdefender actions and features from the website. For example, I can place systems in different groups or profiles to enable or disable different features.
  • I also like that Bitdefender has its own built-in firewall. It's very restrictive and logs every action against it.
  • I wish we could access logs from the cloud-based product. Not just in a viewable sense but from a download so that we can scrape them for interesting strings.
  • Bitdefender needs to make it easier to export data from the web interface. As it stands now, it's a time-consuming copy and paste activity.
  • I would like for there to a notification service when someone encounters malware. For example, an email to our IT team when someone's Bitdefender quarantines a file.
Bitdefender just works. Apple people should love it. It covers all the bases: Workstations, Servers, Macs, Linux, and Windows. It is good for any IT person or group who wants excellent malware protection but doesn't have a lot of time to deal with user complaints, BSODs, and other issues frequently encountered with other anti-malware software. Bitdefender, in my opinion, is good for any size company or business that needs anti-malware software that is easy to use and to maintain.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Susan Knolla profile photo
October 08, 2018

GravityZone Review: "Bitdefender - defends all my computer's bits!"

• Updates regularly to ensure you are protected
  • Flags any malware or unexpected downloads etc
  • Protects personal information
  • Slows down computer
  • Doesn't learn which items are safe so you have to "ok" similar items more than once
  • Sometimes stops working and you have to refresh or reboot
Great for personal use and remote installation update so no need for tech support to have the latest functionality. States that is has strong machine learning but I haven't found that when using I had to reauthorize items more than once (e.g. safe sites). Shares the items blocks or attacks made to improve your awareness on attacks. It is not free and there are comparable free tools out there in my opinion.
Read Susan Knolla's full review
John Hallenberger profile photo
October 05, 2018

GravityZone Review: "Bitdefender - After 2 years"

• Randomware detection and prevention
  • Centralized and simply policy based management with AD integration
  • Centralized scanning offloads much of the processing needed and frees the client to be used for its intended purpose.
  • You cannot run multiple licenses for any given client type. An example would be if I purchase a group of clients and need to add more licensing my only option is to prorate into the existing, I cannot run a separate license file with a separate expirations date. This can pose an issue if trying to divide licensing for budgetary purposes or simple expansion.
  • While the deployment process was smooth overall for us UAC does need to be tweaked for it to be successful. This really shouldn't be necessary.
  • During the sales process it was stressed that Bitdefender would automatically remove our existing AV product making deployment extremely simple, this however turned out to not be the case and our existing AV had to be removed by other means.
I would highly recommend Bitdefender to anyone for most any situation. We currently are using it for both our infrastructure and our clients and have been extremely pleased with its performance overall. The client is light and centralized scanning can move processing off of the client.
Read John Hallenberger's full review
Ryan M Kimbrel profile photo
September 05, 2018

User Review: "BitDefender Gravityzone"

• Lightweight - the memory footprint is low, allowing us to use this on older machines. The processes do not hog the CPU.
  • Simple management - the bells and whistles are streamlined well here.
  • Detection - good reviews elsewhere for picking up what it needs to.
  • Improved reporting - the reporting date ranges aren't intuitive.
  • Better alert options - we can get emails, but text messages and other methods for alert would be nice.
Bitdefender is well suited for any organization that wants to protect against viruses, malware, phishing. It has modules to manage Bitlocker encryption, as well as devices like USB drives. It maintains a list of websites that are considered unsafe and prevents staff from accessing those as well. While this does a lot, I believe it does them very well.
Read Ryan M Kimbrel's full review
November 01, 2018

User Review: "Bitdefender GravityZone Does the Job"

• Bitdefender GravityZone is easy to deploy and manage. We spend less system administration time.
  • Bitdefender GravityZone does an excellent job of reporting issues and helps isolate systems that are affected.
  • Bitdefender GravityZone has had issues with different administrative users. Could be better at assigning similar roles.
Bitdefender GravityZone is well suited in a multi-platform environment. Top quality product for protecting Mac and Windows clients.
Joseph Crook profile photo
February 22, 2018

Review: "Bitdefender GravityZone - worth the money"

I currently manage an installation of this product with end clients installed on approx 40 devices across our geographic region. Primarily I manage this AV/Malware suite via its web hosted front end with installations existing on 4 servers and a number of cash register systems. The software is used as a measure of risk management for the PCI compliant payment systems that I maintain.
  • Allows a solid form of risk management as well as a measure of remote device management; very hands off which I appreciate it.
  • The client itself is very low-resource, some of the systems I have it deployed on are older and it does not eat up a lot of system resources
  • Custom package deployments. The user interface is easy to maintain once it is setup. Customer service is solid - I've never had a problem getting through to someone and they have always been able to help me with any problems/questions
  • cost effective
  • The interface can be a little clunky but once you are familiarized with it it is easy enough to use
  • Task assignment is a little weird - not a learning curve but again, a little clunky
  • Reporting is pretty high orbit - it is not able to export a granular report on more than one target. If you bulk export it is very low detail.
Well suited for: device management (low level.) AV and Malware protection. Developing specific av packages for different systems. In general I am very happy with this product.
Read Joseph Crook's full review
October 06, 2017

GravityZone Review: "Robust and fast solution against malware"

GravityZone is deployed across the major company business unit with about 200 users. It has solved 2 issues:

• Auto deployment across scattered departments geographically
  • One windowpane view of updates, infections, resolutions and deployments.
  • Agentless installs
  • Uses low system resources
  • Good user visibility
  • Patch management
  • MDM
  • Exception list
Generally good user control and server maintenance. Good server deployment path but could use more user-based reports.

About GravityZone

Bitdefender GravityZone is combines multiple security services into a single platform to reduce their cost of building a trusted environment for endpoints