Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

Gail Dutchess | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2019

Excellent product but difficult to set up for non IT

Pros and Cons

• The Gravity Zone console is quite easy to use, particularly if the person assigned to implement and deploy have a good understanding of how to make it work to get at the information needed.
  • The Dashboard is customizable to get at the information needed in one location.
  • Pushing tasks across the network is quite easy.
  • Having said the what is available in gravity zone, it is easy to see what devices have activity that frequently result in quarantines. This allows us to address "misuse" of our devices. Which brings me to my final point...
  • The policies can be set up to lock devices down with very strict rules (such as device locking) or with relaxed policies.
  • Who do I ask? This is my chief complaint is once the initial licenses were purchased through Bit Defender, there was no one to contact that could help navigate some of the initial questions I had with regard to specific policies to implement for our file server. The parent web site is, well, hard to navigate when one is trying to "learn" the system.
  • The second issue is in increasing the licenses. It took several days for the parent company (by contact and phone) to inform me that they could not increase the licenses and I would have to go through a private vendor. There was no intent to connect me to a vendor or provide a vendor list until I asked specifically. YET I continue to get email from the parent company reminding me to pay an annual fee for the licenses purchase through the private vendor. The parent company can see the number of licenses yet did not sell them to me.
  • Gravity Zone Dashboard, while excellent for those who have experience, is not particularly intuitive for those who have never used it. There does not seem to be a lot of documentation for those responsible for implementation.
Read Gail Dutchess's full review
Christine Damian | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

Protection and Peace of Mind with Excellent Value

Pros and Cons

• Easy interface for all device monitoring.
  • Automatic scheduling of anti-virus scans.
  • Responsive customer service.
  • Sometimes automatic scans do not happen and have to initiate manually.
  • More detailed reports of scan and results would be helpful in order to analyze devices productivity.
  • Faster scans.
Read Christine Damian's full review
Diego Pacheco | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Easy management and use.

Pros and Cons

• Using Bitdefender Control Center we can easily and quickly identify the equipment that is infected, and in addition, we can perform the cleaning action remotely.
  • Another widely used point is the remote installation and upgrade of the client, enabling IT staff to perform this action or schedule in Control Center without the need for staff to physically move around.
  • We were able to create action and access policies for specific groups quickly and easily. This allows for the blockages and releases according to the role or user activity of each employee
  • The blacklist of access to websites by content, or URL, is very efficient and if you need a momentary release we can use PowerUser for this action locally, isolated and temporarily.
  • It consumes a lot of the requirements of the computer/notebook, making its use in more modest equipment (with 4GB of RAM, for example) very slow. It loads with a very long delay of Windows startup.
  • While performing an upgrade or scan using hard disks, the equipment is very slow. We can only solve this problem using SSD, and this solution is not feasible since we would have a very high cost to exchange all disks of our technology park.
Read Diego Pacheco's full review
Ashley Beal | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

GravityZone Review

Pros and Cons

• It is very well organized which makes keeping track of our different groups very easy.
  • I like that it tells me when a computer has been encrypted since I have to keep track of these things on a monthly basis.
  • Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a computer is protected with Bitdefender or if it is inactive or unencrypted.
Read Ashley Beal's full review
James Caverly | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Good product and features, decently priced.

Pros and Cons

• Manage multiple endpoints efficiently.
  • Alert technicians when a problem is encountered.
  • Preventing infections and cleaning up machines that are already infected.
  • Endpoint resources utilization. GravityZone clients seem to have a noticeable impact on system performance.
  • UI is decent but could use some improvement when it comes to accessing common tasks easily.
  • Better documentation of recommended practices. For example more information on the best practices for policy configuration depending on how they being deployed; ie MSP, internal, VAR.
Read James Caverly's full review
Shalveen Prasad | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Truth of service

• Easy to use.
  • The dashboard provides a quick overview of all PCs.
  • Easy to set clients up, even when there are changes in policy.
  • Front end is easy to use.
  • Entering information from top to bottom not bottom to top (that is something I always have to remember).
  • Training videos on how to set up, therefore new hires can also learn.
Read Shalveen Prasad's full review
Craig Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

An elaborate & effective Endpoint Security and Patch Management Solution

Pros and Cons

• Bitdefender provides excellent malware protection, without affecting the speed or performance of the computers.
  • The web portal simplifies product deployment, device reporting and threat mitigation. This is ideal, since our company has devices in multiple locations.
  • The web portal provides a central location for us to manage all of our client's devices. Since we're an IT service provider, the solution is very efficient and makes it easy to manage and monitor all of our clients devices from one location.
  • The Mac version seems to have limited power user functionality.
Read Craig Roberts's full review
Aaron Kunkel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Works for us!

• Single pane of glass
  • Unobtrusive
  • Easy to deploy
  • If the downloaded tool fails, it has to download all over. Would be nice if it caches the install file for later use.
  • Cannot install if Malware Bytes is installed, but works fine if MBAM is installed after.
  • Cannot move machines from one company to another without reinstalling.
Read Aaron Kunkel's full review
Simon Giddings | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 14, 2019

Does what it says on the tin!

Pros and Cons

• Detection rates are industry leading, and with very few if any false positives.
  • The endpoint software is also very lightweight. We've had problems with previous alternate AV software hogging resources. Not so with Bitdefender GravityZone.
  • Something I find irritating when using the web console to administer or view reports etc, is that you can't use the browser 'back' button!
  • I've also found at times the remote deployment to be a little unreliable. I've had to resort to using 3rd-party tools to deploy to some machines on our domain.
Read Simon Giddings's full review
Bryan Scheerer | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

One more network safe, one more network protected....Bitdefender

Pros and Cons

• Great success with the web filter. Once I've entered a site to be blocked, within several minutes I can test and see that the site is, in fact, blocked.
  • The ease of installation is paramount. Logging into the gravityzone website is a breeze. Right in front of you is the offer to "install on this machine" option. Very easy to use. The portlets on the dashboard are the best. Once arranged to my liking - it's a sure fire and quick way to glance at the network health overall.
  • The ease of pushing commands and instructions to individual machines under the network menu option is fantastic. I can select a single machine for a scan and many other things or can select the entire network.
  • Love the detailed info that is given for any chosen machine.
  • Had a little trouble when deleting a computer from the network list. Learned it was best to move it to the deleted folder first, then delete from there. Maybe this could be noted by an * or something at the bottom if one is going to delete a computer.
  • Maybe send a verification email if logging into the website from a new device or one that is not used often and then add that machine to the trusted list for devices that can log on.
  • Offer a user interface choice or theme so that we may change to color of our dashboard.
Read Bryan Scheerer's full review
Carol Heim | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 05, 2019

Bitdefender GravityZone Experiences

Pros and Cons

• Users are protected without them having to manage the product themselves
  • Being able to manage computers in our organization thru the cloud is especially helpful when we have users all across the country and South America
  • Bitdefender uses less computer resources than many other virus protection products we've used in the past
  • I do not like having to correspond by email. When I have an issue I do not have time to wait 6-8 hours for a reply. I want to do a chat or a phone call.
  • I find their cloud dashboard a bit challenging to navigate. I can never find the option I need without searching thru every category.
  • I do not like that it takes 48 hours for the cloud to update when there is an issue with a client computer when I am working on it remotely.
Read Carol Heim's full review
.Kim Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 29, 2019

Bitdefender GravityZone is the perfect security solution for the average business owner

Pros and Cons

• Bitdefender GravityZone is well suited for small or medium-sized businesses that need strong security because it's makers put a lot of extra thinking into the software.
  • The web-based administrative management panel is very robust and modern.
  • The software knows how to detect new malware and viruses based on complex algorithms.
  • Reporting can get complicated, especially if you are managing a lot of users.
  • Customer service is not the fastest or most thorough in their responses.
  • Their documentation does not make it easy to browse through and find instructions.
Read .Kim Murphy's full review
Randy Folmes | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best AV Program for my business

Pros and Cons

• One portal: able to see in one view if any of my clients have any issues.
  • Easy to install
  • Lots of control options for each install.
  • Easier to understand any license issues with each client.
  • Too many running services.
  • Really seems to use a lot of resources when running scans.
Read Randy Folmes's full review
October 19, 2019

Bitdefender -- the AV Solution for everyone.

Pros and Cons

• A cost-effective solution, pay for what you need.
  • Out of the box configuration. More features generally result in more settings to configure. Bitdefender has created standard out of the box policies that meet the needs of our customers.
  • Easy to install. Installation instructions can be sent directly to the portal and done by the end-user.
  • It needs a smaller installation package. The install is very large.
  • Better logging at the endpoint level.

Good for PC, not for Mac

• Poor Apple (Mac) support
  • High resource usage
  • Challenging reporting model

Anti-Exploit Technology (33)
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (33)
Centralized Management (36)
Hybrid Deployment Support (24)
Infection Remediation (35)
Vulnerability Management (33)
Malware Detection (36)

About Bitdefender GravityZone

Bitdefender GravityZone combines multiple security services into a single platform to reduce the cost of building a trusted environment for endpoints.