Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bitly, and make your voice heard!
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Shortening URL
- Giving insights about the clicks
- Servers with 99.99999% uptime
- Easy to create and manage URLs
- Providing analytics of others shortened URLs
- Insights about trending markets
- Custom daily reports
- Shortening URL
- Insights about clicks
- Friendly URLs
- It helps increase ROI due to the fact that as a marketer one can improve marketing strategies
- Creating short links
- Copying links created
- Read insights
- Ease of use. It's so simple it needs almost no explanation as to what info it delivers or how to use it.
- Accessible information. I love that you can see the info about any link by simply including a "+" at the end of the link.
- Personalized/custom links. Creation of these makes it super easy to remember the most important links -- and doubles as branding as well!
- It used to be that the app was not as user friendly as the desktop version, but that was remedied last year. It's great now.
- Although fully transparent info for all links is good, it might be nice if you could make a link's info private. Note: this may be accessible at the enterprise level of service, which I am not currently subscribed to.
- TIME SAVER. Although at past jobs, I 've had access to robust analytics platforms - like omniture - they often take significant time, energy and effort to pull and analyze those metrics. Bitly is simple, real time and actionable.
- Showing referrers is extremely important - so that with one shortened link you can still see where clickers came from - without having to create an individual link per platform.
- Generating a shortened link
- Creating a custom link
- Accessing the metrics associated with links
- Reviewing analytics associated with links
- I find no problems at all in the bitly platform.
- First, the obvious - it shortens links. Not only that, but you can customize the links so that each one is easy to manage and identify. The customization aspect is definitely a huge plus since it's easy to start drowning in lots of indistinguishable URLs.
- The analytics portion of Bitly is also great. You can garner insights for each link you create like how many clicks the URL has, where the visitors are coming from, and identify trends in traffic behavior.
- Searchability - Bitly saves each link you create and you can easily search for them using key words. If you need to pull up a link you used months ago, all you have to do is search for it in Bitly and it will come up.
- One thing I've noticed is that if you're shortening a link that you didn't create - for example shortening the link to a news article that you then want to share on Twitter - the analytics will continue to pull data from the original URL as a whole, and not just your unique Bitlink. It would be nice to be able to pull out the traffic that just my efforts are pulling to the site, and not every single source of traffic that site is getting.
- Paying for a branded Bitly link makes all of our branding look tighter and more cohesive. We promote so many links a day and that extra level of customization is great for keeping a consistent look and feel to all of our content.
- Link shortening and customizing - It's simple: Paste the link into a box, watch it get shortened, rename it, and move on.
- Search - Just search for a keyword or tag in the search box and you're off. As easy as Google.
- The analytics can be a bit clunky. I wouldn't 100% rely on Bitly's analytics to gain insights from your promotional efforts.