BizLibrary Reviews

Bonnie Turner, Ph.D., SHRM-SCP, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a manufacturing with a number of facilities across the Unites States, we were looking for a solution to provide consistent training to our employees, particularly in the area of Leadership. We have only used this at this point for our salaried employees and have found that they have embraced the training. We have a monthly required training, but employees take the required training and then take other classes that they are interested in. BizLibrary has a large library of coursed, both very should and more detailed. They are a great firm to work with.

• Support - available through a personal representative and a help line. In addition there is an online help database.
  • Updating Content - they are continuously retiring old content and replacing it witn new.
  • I am having a hard time finding something that is not done well.
We have been very pleased with BizLibrary. The best thing is that we are able to reach everyone across the U.S. and provide consistent training. We use it primarily for management and leadership training. Our employees have enjoyed the classes and say that frequently they learn something new and if not, the content provides a good refresher.
Read Bonnie Turner, Ph.D., SHRM-SCP, SPHR's full review
Edie Ingram | TrustRadius Reviewer
BizLibrary is being used with our hospitality supervisors and potential supervisors in our company. I use it in conjunction with classroom training and it works very well. I never have an issue finding materials that fit our needs and address a skill gap. We utilize it mostly for soft skill training. I love the aspect that our learners have unlimited access which helps us to provide a culture with an emphasis on learning.
  • It offers current training videos and large variety so I never have to search for material for training.
  • Tracking and user-friendly platform, this enables me to be able to report to my leadership team with accurate and relevant information.
  • In 5 years I have had 5 different client success reps and feel like I have to start all over each time, I wish there was a way to create some consistency in the transition, but each time I feel like I lose ground because I get a new person with a new focus.
  • I'd like to see the gaming feature of BizLibrary expand.
BizLibrary offers great training for corporate environments and the quality and amount of training available is unmatched. I do, however, wish that they had a few options for work environments that are not corporate offices. We own and run two casinos and it is hard for our managers to relate to professionals in suits sitting behind desks. They are working managers and the environment is different. I think there is a lot of room for creating training for those that don't work in corporate environments. Hospitality, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.
Read Edie Ingram's full review
Janelle Gregory | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2019

I Love BizLibrary!

We use BizLibrary across the whole organization. We use both Biz content and custom content. We have multiple campuses and varying schedules, 7 days/week. The product helps us keep quality and consistency in training for all employees.
  • Content creation.
  • One-on-one support from client success.
  • I'd love for it to incorporate a custom content creation platform.
  • I wish it could also be used in app form.
It's well suited for medium-sized organizations that have funds for such a product and can't do all training in-house. I don't know that it would be as affordable for smaller organizations.
Read Janelle Gregory's full review
Debbie SouthMitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it to record employee training. Some training is done through it and employees use it to upgrade their skills as well.
  • Good library - diverse range of topics.
  • Web access so employees can use it at home.
  • Responsive customer service team.
  • It could be simpler to administer.
  • Without customer service support, I would not be able to resolve some errors in recording classroom training as the solution was obscure.
I like the library and the opportunity it gives people to upgrade their skills or enhance their knowledge. I am constantly reminding them that it's available.
Read Debbie SouthMitchell's full review
Thomas Shayon Harrell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We had a learning management system (LMS), but it was not very user friendly. We switched to a different one and BizLibrary is the content provider we selected to load relevant courses into our LMS.
  • Client success managers, in addition to helping with course selection, give advice on building your learning program.
  • The BizLibrary tech team was instrumental in working with my LMS provider to tackle some technical challenges.
  • The biggest strength BizLibrary has, in addition to its huge content library, is a team truly dedicated to your success.
  • As a third party consumer of the BizLibrary content (meaning, we use courses from their content library in our LMS, versus their LMS) I'd love to see streamlined processes for clients like us in getting the courses into our LMS.
If you're looking for a video-based learning content provider, BizLibrary is one of the best in the business (we vetted over a dozen other vendors before moving forward with them). On the other hand, if you are not staffed to handle the manual nature of course population into your existing LMS BizLibrary may not be the right solution for you.
Read Thomas Shayon Harrell's full review
Sandra Mask, CPLP | TrustRadius Reviewer
BizLibrary is used across the organization for different types of training needs...individual development plans; legal compliance (defensive driving, harassment, etc.), safety (bloodborne pathogens, etc.) and for self-directed learning. It allows us to assign specific courses with defined due dates that employees can complete at their convenience. Status reporting provides completion tracking for follow up and recording.
  • Content is updated regularly so we are not assigning the same modules over and over. They also archive old content but provide plenty of advance notice before the modules are no longer available.
  • The account representatives provide good information on marketing the application to employees and increasing usage. The tools they share save me lots of time trying to come up with a theme or idea.
  • The support team responds very quickly. I rarely call them, but instead send messages when a problem occurs. A resolution is received in a very short amount of time.
  • The reporting options changed when the program was updated. You have to go through more steps to find the data to download. I would like more canned reports.
  • Adding a new learner is easy, but it takes more time to get them into the right group. We segment learners by company and role to make assigning topics easier for us.
We have used BizLibrary since the days of VHS tapes that were sent in the mail. They have consistently improved content, access and usability. Any company could benefit from a program with the flexibility of BizLibrary. Every person I have worked with at the company has been knowledgeable and friendly.
Read Sandra Mask, CPLP's full review
Edie Ingram | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BizLibrary to train our leadership teams. We use it to address any gap in leadership skills. We also use it to address performance issues with our leadership team. BizLibrary provides us with a soft skill assessment tool that is helpful in identifying our soft skill limitations and then we use a combination of online assignments with classroom training to reinforce the concepts.
  • Guide and direct us with client success representatives
  • IT support is phenomenal
  • Refresh courses when they become irrelevant or outdated
  • Provide the best variety of training topics and presentation styles
  • Sometimes the password issues become an issue
  • I think their training at the annual conference needs to be more engaging. When BizLibrary employees present some (not all) of the presentations lack engagement.
  • Videos sometimes fail to launch
I truly believe BizLibrary can be used in any setting. It is beneficial especially when combined with classroom training to reinforce the concepts. It is benifical as a tool to address individual limitations and development. It is beneficial to use with overall training. I have nothing bad to say about it. My training program would not be as effective without BizLibrary and my performance is hindered without the connection and guidance I get from my client success representative.
Read Edie Ingram's full review
Cindy Zissman | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2019

Amazing Training!

We introduced a new training/employee development program at the beginning of the year, and chose BizLibrary to be our resource. It is used for all office staff and management. We are assigning quarterly curricula on different topics such as leadership, communication, teamwork, etc.
  • Providing an excellent variety of topics.
  • Providing a wide variety of video styles.
  • Providing a great management system to monitor and motivate learners.
  • I would like to see a couple of other reporting options specific to our needs.
We love that it is based on video learning, and that it "learns" what topics the learner is interested and makes suggestions. If you are looking for on site or person to person training, BizLibrary really isn't focused on that.
Read Cindy Zissman's full review
Sarah Cooper Truchard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BizLibrary across our organization for safety compliance and soft skills training. Leveraging the BizLibrary safety content, we have increased our safety compliance by 64% in less than six months. The online training allows our manufacturing leads to better appropriate our technicians time to pull them off the floor to complete their training.
  • Ease of navigation in the portal
  • Multiple course topic options
  • The reporting feature could be more robust. Better filtering to narrow down dates, selecting course content, and selecting users could be better.
  • The assignment feature should allow you to future date an enrollment, this way assignments can be planned out in advance and are not forced to be released the date it is intended.
  • The completion features should be able to be manipulated by the admin from the employees transcript regardless if it is indirect or directly assigned. There are instances where employees may have taken the course in another manner and having the ability to mark them complete in any area of the portal on the admin side would be helpful.
  • An admin should be able to unassign training regardless if it was direct or indirectly assigned.
BizLibrary is a great tool for our employees to achieve their safety compliance. It is also a great avenue for them to learn new topics that can help bolster their skill set to move up in the organization. The content is available 24/7 which allows our employees to complete training when it is appropriate for them.
Read Sarah Cooper Truchard's full review
We are using BizLibrary as our LMS to facilitate training for multiple locations across 5 states. We will be utilizing it for Compliance training, Safety training, job specific skills (with our own custom content & BizLibrary content), and ongoing development for our Leadership team and all team members. The online access allows us to provide uniform training across multiple locations and the flexibility of adding our own custom content is a great feature!
  • Customer Support - from pre-implementation to going live and beyond
  • Training topics - excellent content and good variety of modules available
  • Ease of use for learners at all levels (from basic computer skills on up)
  • Implementation Manual -- not just online "Help" -- a manual for the System who does the actual implementation would be a great help
  • Should be able to see assigned curriculum in multiple areas for individual learners
  • Excellent for ensuring consistent training across multiple locations.
  • Good variety of courses for both business and 'non' business skills (i.e Safety)
  • Access to BizLibrary through mobile devices is a huge plus -- especially if you have team members that aren't at a computer all day long
April 29, 2019

Buzz on the Biz

We ask all our employees to participate in weekly BizLibrary training. During this time BizLibrary is being used to educate our employees on office and field safety, business etiquette, and proper work ethics. At the Training Department, we track who has participated, how well the material is understood, ways application is enforced at job sites, and monitor the work ethic improvement. These pieces of training could be key to helping reduce our safety hazards, and this is a great expectation.
  • BizLibrary Training videos are short with a long-lasting impact.
  • BizLibrary has interaction videos that give one the option to choose multiple scenarios in order to observe "how it could play out." These make viewers think and respond.
  • There are videos on subjects that may be less considered by viewers. These clips help reintegrate life-lessons with teachings of good skills to develop life long habits.
  • Sometimes you can tell that the presenter in the video is reading cue cards, and it truly gets distracting with the "heavy emphasis" on key points.
  • Developing time management to be consistent with the demand from my department and tasked to keep up with weekly BizLibrary gets a bit frustrating.
  • The red-orange color used for inappropriate measures or the "dont's" of certain tasks hurts my eyes.
The sexual harassment presentation was well suited for office employees and for those working within the office, though this would also be well-suited for those working out in the field (construction crews, linemen, meter readers, etc.) as well. Most of the scenarios were well presented and I didn't feel that they were at all inappropriate. They could maybe emphasize more cultural awareness toward Native Americans.
Lori Raczynski | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2018

Education Heroes

Currently, Biz Library is our online learning portal for our entire staff. Not only do we get all of our legal requirements met, we are able to give our employees 24/7 access to thousands of online learning resources to help them improve their knowledge and skills. Whenever a department is having difficulty in a particular area, Curated Learning Paths are a great tool to use because they are specific for that group and it is content focused on one area or topic.
  • I believe one of Biz Library's strengths is in the people they hire. My Client Rep., Stacey Moore, visits with me on a monthly basis to talk about my needs and she is more than happy to share any material she feels would be helpful. She knows our business like it's her own and because of that, she can make suggestions that are meaningful to us.
  • Their technical support is top notch! Whenever their is an issue, they contact you as soon as possible. Usually it's within minutes of sending them an email.....and they are very nice and happy to help you.
  • I like that Biz Library updates their material on a regular basis. The type of industry we are in needs refresher courses each year and I can usually find a course that is not a repeat from last year which keeps my employees engaged.
  • If I were to list anything, it would be a feature that I was use to having on their old portal before they switched over to their new portal. My concern has been noted and they are working with their staff to add such a feature.
In the beginning, training for me was keeping track of everyone's training on a spreadsheet and either passing out cds for management to pop in their devices to show at meetings or passing out reading material. Then, have those employees sign off on a sheet of paper. I always asked myself; did they retain that information, did they really watch the video, etc., etc? Biz Library has not only changed how we do things but gives our employees an opportunity to increase their knowledge and skills in practically any area they choose.
Read Lori Raczynski's full review
Brad Holliday, PHR, SHRM-CP, CBM, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2018

BizLibrary Review

We just recently (i.e. within the last 12mos) selected BizLibrary as one piece of our Learning & Development platform for addressing job-related needs and in the continued development of both employees & managers as we continue our rapid growth as a company. The platform has been launched across the entire organization and is intended to provide JIT training/development needs as identified by either the manager or the employee.
  • GREAT implementation support! Too many SaaS vendors out there today rely on AI or they respond with an email and an embedded link to FAQs to address implementation and other customer support issues. Not so with BizLibrary. They assign a Technical Product Trainer to lead the implementation process, and then a Client Success Consultant to guide and assist with the roll-out for your organization, tips on how to maximize/leverage use of the platform, and target specific training content for specific groups.
  • Again, a lot of SaaS vendors out there provide no telephonic support at all. BizLibrary, conversely, does an excellent job at being available both via email and phone; if you do have to leave a message, we have yet to see more than 24hrs pass before seeing a response.
  • BizLibrary does, in my opinion, a great job of listening to what the company's pain points are, and then walking thru how their platform can help... but also being candid about how other needs may be better-addressed in a classroom setting.
  • There is a vast amount of content available thru BizLibrary that "easily consumable"... meaning the courses are delivered in a video or other web-based format, with a host of post-test and other follow-up tools to ensure learning uptake by course participants by the manager or by HR.
  • There is some depth lacking around very-specific technical and analytics competencies. Though I understand that not every company has the same "big data" needs as we do in our industry, the basic tools or skill set is one which is easily transferable and a value add to other roles/industries.
  • It would be great to see an LMS built into the BizLibrary platform !
  • A suggestion made recently by one of our VPs (which I agree with) was that it would be nice if there was a section of more-advanced content in areas around leadership development, conflict management, operating across boundaries... the kind of critical thinking skills people need to advance their careers from an individual contributor level into management.
In my opinion, BizLibrary is well-suited for any organization where learning & development is wanted/needed, but there is a lack of resources to deliver it all internally. Regardless of the size of the company, I can see a fit. Resources have always been a challenge... whether I was in a Fortune-ranked organization or a nonprofit or a start-up... so I feel they have a product offering which can fit nearly anyone out there.
Read Brad Holliday, PHR, SHRM-CP, CBM, MBA's full review
Kathryn Nicolato, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
The City of Frederick is in the process of launching BizLibrary first with our executive team. The plan is to launch across the supervisory team and ultimately to roll out to all City employees (full-time and regular part-time). It will provide just-in-time learning opportunities to allow executives to sharpen their leadership skills in key competencies and stay abreast of best practices and compliance requirements.
  • Covers a broad range of topics with ease of access
  • Ties training to the Lominger Competencies.
  • Training varies in length and style
  • Need more flexibility for branding the web site as a City of Frederick learning portal.
  • Improve administrative functions to allow ease of assigning courses, etc.
  • Will have more input once we are actively launched with executives.
The BizLibrary support in both marketing and implementation are super helpful and really form a partnership with the client company. I was drawn to the flexibility of training--the fact that there are very short snippets and also longer (deep dive) training. There are a myriad of training topics--all very pertinent for today's employees and managers. The presentation styles vary which keeps the training interesting. BizLibrary is not maintaining the status quo, they are growing and changing. That is the kind of vendor partnership I value!
Read Kathryn Nicolato, SPHR's full review

Course authoring (1)
Course catalog or library (12)
Player/Portal (9)
Learning content (12)
Mobile friendly (9)
Progress tracking & certifications (11)
Assignments (11)
Compliance management (10)
Learning administration (12)
Learning reporting & analytics (10)
Social learning (9)

About BizLibrary

BizLibrary is a provider of online employee training and training reinforcement solutions. The training library contains thousands of micro-learning videos, video courses, interactive videos and eLearning courses covering a wide variety of topics. The library also includes additional support materials to further increase learning retention.

The vendor says their learning platform is powerful and easy to use, and all of their training solutions are mobile-ready, giving learners unlimited access to training content on any device, anytime, and anywhere for just-in-time learning.

BizLibrary Features

Learning Management Features
Does not have featureCourse authoring
Has featureCourse catalog or library
Has featurePlayer/Portal
Has featureLearning administration
Has featureLearning reporting & analytics
Has featureeLearning
Has featureAssessments
Does not have featureLive online learning
Has featureIn-person learning
Does not have featureTin Can (xAPI) compliant
Has featureSocial learning

BizLibrary Screenshots

BizLibrary Integrations

Absorb Anywhere LMS, Cornerstone OnDemand, SAP Litmos, Paycom, Saba Cloud, Relias Learning Management System, NetDimensions Learning, Docebo LMS, Adobe Captivate, Any LMS that Accepts AICC & SCORM Content, Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen), Schoox, LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)

BizLibrary Competitors

Grovo by Cornerstone, OpenSesame, Skillsoft, LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)

BizLibrary Support Options