- Once a worksheet has been created, you can change a single cell and update the entire report. This makes it much easier than recreating a report every time you start.
- It draws data directly from our database that can be filtered down in various ways. This allows us to get the data that we really need quicker.
- The time it takes to draw information from the database can seem long and may make a person wonder if the program is working. It is, just be patient.
- If you do not enable "Design Mode" while editing a worksheet, changing one cell can enable the data draw which interrupts workflow.
- Consolidates large amounts of data from Intacct accounting software into one spreadsheet.
- Consolidates multiple companies, while still being able to keep individual company data in the columns for reference.
- Easy to format with typical Excel formatting techniques - does not require much training in the way of the Excel side.
- Consolidating ERP data in Excel workbook where it can be better accessed.
- Consolidating ERP data in Excel workbook where it can be better presented.
- Consolidating ERP data in Excel workbook where it can be better sorted and distilled.
- Could be a little more user friendly.
- Support could be more knowledgeable about specific ERP platforms.
- Company has exchange server versions of it's products, but doesn't seem have a sense of urgency about pushing them out.
- Once the statement has been created it is extremely easy to navigate from period to period
- I really love the fact that I can change the structure of the report based on needs extremely easy. I have multiple departments and revenue centers that I can combine accordingly
- I would like to be able to have the total overall over periods for project reporting
- BizNet eliminates the need to manually combine different GL details into a financial report.
- BizNet allows for the ease of Excel-based manipulation of data for end-users needs.
- Access to comprehensive training for new users is lacking. While the pay-based BizNet University has some useful videos it doesn't allow for other learning styles.
- Having to create a separate OCBC data source and linked server for each arm of business opened is sometimes a hassle.
- The ability to create custom reports (pulling data directly from our accounting system) to combine or consolidate data that our accounting system's canned reports can't easily provide.
- Quick ad-hoc reports for information to see where we may want to do a more detailed report
- There are templates available to get started, that can then be tweaked to meet the desired need.
- On occasion, the refresh may be a little slower than I'd like, but that is probably my own impatience and the fact that our accounting server resides at a third-party site.
- Storing data as BizProperties
- Complex calculations made easier using BizInsight 7
- Make the Excel add-in more stable. It seems like any Windows update or change breaks the add-in.
- Tables don't always refresh correctly, ability to sort tables upon refresh and ability to make dynamic - these functions are there, but don't work well.
- Make complex calculations easier - recently did a payroll report for overtime and needed to contact support for assistance with the calculations and it wasn't able to do it - had to use a workaround with Excel functions combined with BizInsight functions and lots of hidden columns.
- Accessing your company data directly in Excel.
- Providing a drilldown to details in Excel.
- Bizbroadcast is an awesome product that saves hours emailing routine reports.
- Flexibility with the filtering of the data with the criteria arguments in Excel function ability.
- Excel doesn't handle the amount of data well sometimes. The error messages are not very helpful to understand the problem when there is one.
- I've had problems with Biznet 7 on terminal services. The other products Bizinsight, Broadcast and BizArchitect work well.
- Bizarchitect is a good product but could be better and simplified.
- Financial Report Writing
- Report Generation and Electronic Distribution of Reports
- Financial Analytics
- Report Writing can be time consuming with big files and multiple reports
- Greater flexibility in saving standard pivot queries
We use Sage100 as our general ledger package. We implemented BizNet to replace FRX for our financial report writing. The flexibility and ease of use have been unbelievable. Strongest feature is that it is an Excel based add-on that gives you all the power of Excel along with the data retrieval capabilities.
Was working on a project recently with Great Plains Financial Report Writer and found it to be very time consuming and tedious to create financial reports as compared to Biznet.
- We are able to track our data in one place.
- We can compare data through analytics not offered by other services.
- We can allow multiple users to access the information which is a great benefit.
- They could help explain what their program has to offer to separate market sectors rather than one broad product.
- In construction we use spreadsheets a lot, and we could benefit from some pre-built templates.
- The products offered could be better described on the website.
It would not work for a company that is just a couple people that are always busy. It is efficient, but still needs time dedicated to input information and analyze it.
- Provides a seamless link between our accounting software and our reporting functions.
- Distributes an endless amount of reports to an endless amount of other people just with the click of a button.
- The customer service and training support are incredibly helpful.
- More established templates would be great!
- I recently opened Excel and the BizInsight was working fine, but my BizBroadcast had become nonfunctional. Regardless of the updates that take place overnight through our servers, it should stay anchored into Excel.
- Comparing month to month and year to year expense reporting
- Generating financial reports for third party and internal users
- Having the ability through BizBroadcast to send excel versions of reports to multiple parties with one click
- Calculating reports takes some time and you ability to do other excel items while calculating is not possible
- Only financial reporting is available with our version of BizInsight but as I understand I will be able to pull non financial data through Biznet 7
- Being able to transfer files from one version of BizInsight to the next would be a huge benefit. Right now I have to recreate 100+ reports to be able to use them in BizInsight 7
Biznet is great for all financial reporting, you can see changes instantly and combining multiple divisions and multiple companies is an easy process.
Analysis of non general ledger data is not something that we have been able to do using our version of BizInsight so we continue to generate these reports in SQL
- After I learned how to make some checks I am very confident in the accuracy of any reports I send out.
- The ability to send out reports to several different departments/people is wonderful.
- Excel is something most people understand some, but the better they deal with excel the better they deal with BizNet.
- It has some inadequacies when you are pulling from Sage into BizNet and want to save that report as an Excel file. The formulas carry into the saved file unless you do a save as.
- I had a lot of trouble when I dealt with a report that had several spreadsheets in it and somehow one copied a ton of blank lines. BizNet became very slow. That was a hard error to find.
- It has been great for creating reports on the fly.
- The drill down option has made it much faster for us to see the account detail than using our general ledger reports for the account detail.
- The fact that it is an Excel add on is tremendous. It allows for so much more customization than our general ledger software reports.
- The time it takes for reports to refresh could be improved.
- BizProperties are very useful. The ability to identify segments based upon their description allows for easier report creation.
- The inclusion or exclusion of segments and/or segment ranges is much more intuitive than in our previous reporting software.
- BizBroadcast makes distribution so much easier and efficient. The ability to send different formats, locations, departments, etc. to different users is invaluable.
- YTD debit and credit balances aren't available in our version (XL Connect v5). If they aren't included in BizInsight7, I think they should be!
- A more detailed instruction guide could be helpful.
BizNet Software Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About BizNet Software
Examples of some Boardroom Ready Reports you can achieve easily with BizInsight:
-General Ledger Level Reports
-Track Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
-Get a handle on Sales and Purchase Orders, Buyers and Suppliers
The product also enables you to automate your periodic financial reporting processes.
BizInsight creates a real time connection to your databases for live access enabling the most accurate and current data in Excel-based spreadsheets. According to the vendor, better than standard query-type integration, BizInsight delivers actual Excel functions that understand your tables and other applications.
BizBroadcast provides an automated way to publish selected worksheets and workbooks to specific individuals in multiple formats, including Excel, CSV, HTML, and PDF.
Content Architect empowers the end user to create your own BizInsight functions to any of your data, enabling you to deliver a complete, custom ad-hoc reporting solutions.
BizNet Software Screenshots
BizNet Software Integrations
BizNet Software Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|BizInsight 7 (Stand-alone)||$30||per user, per month|
|BizBroadcast||$65||per user, per month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|BizInsight 7 (Stand-alone)||$30||per user, per month|
|BizBroadcast||$65||per user, per month|
BizNet Training - Standard Package (3 Seats) $795.00 Yearly BizNet Training - Premium Package (3 Seats) $995.00 Yearly BizNet Training - Premium Plus Package (3 Seats) $1,295.00 Yearly Education Block $695.00 Installation Training $225.00
BizNet Software Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||55%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||35%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||8%|
BizNet Software Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
BizNet Software Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Europe, Asia, Central America, Australia, Caribbean, Africa|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French|