Blackbaud NetCommunity provides tools to engage alumni and supporters, wherever they may be, helping...
1) it hosts our donation forms
2) we create event registration forms (only ticketed events)
3) we send out e-blasts from …
- Creating eblasts to send to organizations and constituents
- Creating donation and registration pages for constituents
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Blackbaud NetCommunity, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Blackbaud NetCommunity provides tools to engage alumni and supporters, wherever they may be, helping users:
- Connect in person and create memorable alumni engagement events with online alumni management system tools to help foster a personal connection between alumni and a school
- Share the right message to the right constituent with personalized website content that's dynamically customized to alumni
- Make every email count with donor insight and personalization tools to help reach the right audience with the right message
Blackbaud Online Express
Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
Blackbaud Luminate Online
Foundation Directory Online by Candid
Blackbaud Luminate CRM & Analytics (discontinued)
Blackboard Learn by Anthology
- The secure online donation forms provided a big boost to our online donations
- Ease of importing data into Raiser's Edge was a time saving feature over having to enter the data manually
- NC allows us to create multiple fundraising initiatives and reconcile the funds accordingly
- It allows us to quickly set up event pages
- The Ecard solution has had a negative effect when multiple gift card recipients got an email addressing them with someone else's name
- The unsubscribe function precludes constituents from possibly choosing an option to not unsubscribe completely from all of our communication but make a selection of what they want to continue receiving emails about.
- Easily collect online donations
- Analytics help us to better tailor our communications and develop segmentations.
- Increase in alumni participation and dollars raised.
- Increased outreach and engagement with our constituents.
- It has had a positive impact because 99% of the fundraising dollars that we get from email appeals come from emails sent through NetCommunity.
- The company listens to its users, collecting ideas and making improvements. Updates to the software are rolled out several times a year. When something cannot be changed right away, the company gives context and forecasts when the change might be possible.
- It is a very quick system so you are able to view information in a timely fashion without having to worry about customers losing their patience.
- We were able to purchase a package integrating all types of Blackbaud products which integrate.
- We are able to update our desktop, mobile donation pages which allow us to take donations while having great support available at all times.
- The donation forms and email tools are not very visually appealing and user-friendly so this makes it difficult to implement and in return donors don't have a user-friendly experience.
- Initial costs (sticker shock) are always of concern. However, I believe the product pays for itself in the long-term.
- The ROI is significant in that it provides an application that is already "out-of-the-box" for most organizations and their various objectives. Otherwise, an organization is limited in it's options for other solutions (i.e. using third party vendors that charge for application use and maintenance). Whereas, I am responsible for publishing what our organization puts out on the internet and any communications, and Blackbaud is simply hosting the application and is there for support.
- BBNC has allowed us to sell tickets to events and increase our brand awareness instead of having to use a third party vendor to collect ticket sales.
- Being able to see who's opening eblasts helps determine best time to send it out and best practices.
- Ability to see who has made a donation or signed up to an event shows the interest in a specific event.
- Being able to see donations made.
- NetCommunity SPARK, our tool for online communications, cut our annual mailing budget by a third if not more. The ability to email instead of mailing saves on postage and printed materials.
- The ability to email tax receipts instead of mail is a return not only on the cost of mailing receipts, it also ensures that donors are getting an immediate tax document which in turn means they have more faith in our professionalism, and in turn they will be more likely to repeat a donation.
- The ability to review and update their own profile information means our users are helping keep our data clean. The amount of mail that we have returned due to changed addresses has decreased by about 10% in the 5 years we've been using this solution.
- We normally do not get a lot of donations online so having NetCommunity has not increased that.
- Along with NetCommunity we were able to get Merchant Services and we love that we have the ability to run credit cards on mobile devices. That has increased our credit card sales at events and the time to run those.
- Our online giving went from non-existent to being a routine option for us and has been worth it for our office.
- Due to Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC) limitations, we were required to purchase OLX for mobile-friendly donation widget capability.
- Due to email list limitations, staff time must be utilized to recreate each email 10 times to send to our house list.
- Unlike OLX, BBNC offers automatic integration into Raiser's Edge to track email communications open rates.
- We spent entirely too much money on an option that was not well-suited to the organization's needs.
- We have seen an increase in our online giving
- More teams are using online giving now that creating their pages is easy
- Almost ALL of our transactions occur on line, so our mailing costs on renewals have gone down, and with an increase in "good" experiences on line for our end users, they become more engaged with us and in turn remain loyal supporters.
- At the time it was the only product available that would provide us with a way to send newsletters to our Raisers Edge Constituents.
- The amount of administration time to upgrade has been a big pain for downtime and time lost with an on staff engineer.
- Currently it is the only product we can use to properly intake applications for grants into our GrantEdge program.
- We have been using BBNC as long as I've been in my position, but it makes email very easy to manage. It may be a bit clunky, but the traceability, levels of security, merge fields, lists that seamlessly integrate with dynamic queries in the database are amazingly good. I rely on them so heavily. Otherwise, we would be pulling CSV files on a daily basis for all emails.
- BBNC provides a single portal for parents, students, and alumni to access resources behind a login. We are able to securely post information and manage users.
- IT was negative when parts of it were frustrating for both the users and our donors.
- Just neutral. NetCommunity has some great features, it just wasn't a good fit for our organization. Switching away from NC has led our team to spend more time on some tasks, less time on others. The difference is more in our focus
- We've been able to increase our average email open rate from 9-10% to about 15% since switching away from Net Community. Much of the difference is our email strategy, not the software itself, but NetCommunity made it difficult for us to implement the strategies which we now use.
- Less staff cost on importing web data into The Raiser's Edge as it is now integrated from Blackbaud NetCommunity.
- Email marketing efforts are more targeted and now have a higher response rate. This equates to increased fundraising dollars.
- Our advancement and alumni communities are branded like our entire website. This provides a seamless user experience to our constituents and makes our internal departments appear much more integrated. This ultimately builds consumer confidence in our brand.
- A/B split testing has allowed us to further tailor content that is preferred by our audience. This targeting allows us to be more successful in gaining conversions, event registrations, etc.