Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was created by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. Generally, the blogs are hosted by Google at a subdomain of blogspot.com. Blogger's Lack of Evolution is a Cop-Out for Any Experience LevelI used to use Blogger all the time in my personal and professional endeavors, whether for independent blog consulting, writing, or editing, or to recommend for companies I have been a part of. With the tools that exist today, Blogger is a great way for new writers and editors to break onto the scene if they have little coding experience, sure, and while Blogger has made some technological advances in the recent past, I can't say I would recommend it. I default to Wordpress because it's easy to upgrade and transition into different editions, customize, etc. It's much better than Blogger and honestly not bad no matter your level of experience. You can learn and adapt.,No Coding Skills Required Basic Functionality Makes it User-Friendly for All Experience Levels Easy to Connect with Other Google Accounts Easy Sharing Capabilities,Out of Date Poor Reputation Not a Lot of Customization Not a Lot of Upgrade Ability Not Good for Enterprise/Corporate Entities,5,Blogger is Cost-Effective and User-Friendly, But Lacks Customization, Integration, and Coding Capabilities that Personal and Professional Entities Can Benefit From A Cop-Out for Advanced Digital Marketers, Website Developers, Businesses, etc. Not Suitable for the Modern Workplace; Lacks Evolution,,WordPress, Wix, SquarespaceBlogger is not just for blogging. Corporation communication tool!Blogger is being used as a way to communicate to our agents about what is going on with training and other events within the company. The other use is as a tool to help update agents when new laws or company requirements dictate. This way they have a single location to go to keep updated and make sure they are up to date.,Keeping of stats helps us see if agents are following reading the blog and gives a matrix to management about the page views and followers over various time periods The theme and layout have been very helpful in customizing how the blog page looks and allows us to customize it to help with showing our brand. So instead of it looking like an external application we are using, it appears to be part of our total company system. I have found the reading list very helpful in getting different idea's for layouts of the blog and the help section has saved me numerous times when I am trying to see if blogger can do something or I am trying something new.,When comments are as the author of the post when you post a comment back it should be more threaded and either a symbol or icon should designate the poster. It is hard to determine who the poster is compared to who left a post. As a company that uses the blog for our agents, it would be nice if they would allow custom ads to be run. It would be nice if they would add a chat feauture within the blog so that if a poster would like to chat with us they would be able to.,9,Before using Blogger, we were sending out information to agents via email and they would either delete them or just not find them. Now since we keep all the information in one place, it has cut down repetitive questions and has given our agents a voice as to what is working for them and what is not. We don't have any hard numbers, but we have heard back from our agents that the blog posts help them and not have to rely on contacting support stuff as often to find answers to simple questions. The only negative impact felt so far is with a few select agents leaving negative feedback to blog due to personal issues they have with policies within the company.,,Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyGizmo, RingCentralBlogger makes easier the creation of blogs and websites for small businessI have created a couple of blogs with Blogger for myself, my company and some friends. They were personal blogs and professional blogs. I have also written some tutorials about Blogger for the beginners; some have also been published in magazines.To my personal point of view, Blogger is definitively the best choice when you have absolutely no technical skill, you have no domain name and no ISP (and you can’t afford or don’t want to pay for it)… and you want to be online in just a couple of minutes. It is easy to use and it offers all the required features for free! What more could you ask for?!Blogger is also perfect for small businesses as you can easily and very quickly create a website. Blogger is mainly known as a blog solution for creating post articles which are published chronologically, but it also allows you to create static pages which are organized and you can access them thru a menu, as in a regular website! You can use one of the multiple templates that come with Blogger or customize your pages (you can also import templates designed with Artisteer).,Blogger is free as most of the CMS are, and you can find thousands of gadgets for free. Blogger offers a lot of templates which can be customized. You can also specify a different template when the blog/website is displayed on a mobile device to be sure that the display will be responsive. It is easy to change the page layout. You only have to drag and drop the elements of the page. When you are done, save. That’s all! You can easily manage the comments from your readers. When you have a blog or a website, of course you are interested in knowing if you have readers, which articles they prefer, who they are (their country, the operating system and web browser they use…). All you have to do is click on the statistics menu for viewing all these valuable data.,It is always difficult to speak about cons when something is free. I would say that Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses. If you want to design a website with multiple web pages, then I would suggest you to have a look at WordPress.,9,The good point is that Blogger allows us to have dedicated blogs online in just a fraction of time!,WordPress, Freshdesk, GoAnimate, iSpring Learn, SnagitJust go with WordPressBlogger is used as a publishing platform for SEO clients when WordPress or other similar platforms have been excluded as an option (for one reason or another). It isn't very common for us to recommend or use Blogger for our clients because, typically, it doesn't make sense in most business cases.,Great *personal* publishing platform. Easy integration with AdSense Built in analytics,It's like Tumblr, but less popular. It's a hosted service, so you don't get the same level of control that you would with other publishing platforms like WordPress or Tumblr Not tailored for business use.,4,Blogger hasn't made that much of an impact on business since we prefer not to use it.,Tumblr and WordPress,JIRA Software, Atlassian Confluence, Laravel PHP FrameworkEasy to useBlogger was used by me to create a blog for a class assignment. It provided a way for me to present my assignments in an orderly manner that allowed other students and the professor to view and comment on my work.,It is very easy to set up. Getting started was pretty simple and took very little time. The overview tells you how many views the page has and allows you to see the traffic your blog gets.,The site navigation can be a little confusing. There are some limitations to how the blogs can be modified. The settings are hard to find sometimes.,7,Making blog posts is a breeze Looking at how many views your page has had is very simple A variety of templates are provided to choose from,Changing the layout of a blog can be confusing and difficult,7Basic BloggerI personally use Blogger for my own professional development as part of the creative team. It allows me to keep track of my thought process when designing new brochures, flyers and especially new logos. It also allows me to have a digital portfolio of work going back to my time in college as well as the first few internships I had once I graduated.,Long format blog posts Images integration with Google photos Organized and tagged content,Overall site layout and design Intelligent scheduling should be added Backend settings,9,Improves quality of workers Improves quality of creativity Drives interest to current personnel,WordPress, Wix and MediumBlogger - it just works (apologies to Apple)I'm using Blogger for personal use only. This is not being used in a business context.,Blogger hosts the pictures you use in your posts. There's no need to host them elsewhere and link to them. The interface is clean and easy to use. Blogger is never down. It's always up and response is fast.,The hardest part about composing a post with pictures is that there is no easy way to place a picture in a precise spot, nor is it easy to place multiple pictures in exact locations. When Blogger introduces new functionality, they should tell their users right away in a manner that doesn't force them to go looking for news. Highlight the features. We used to be able to apply hyperlinks to the pictures we used in posts. I can't seem to do that anymore.,9,I can't answer this as I am not using Blogger in a business setting.,WordPress,10Blogger (BlogSpot) Great tool building clientele, networking with others, AdSense provides opportunity for making more money.I use Blogger for several blog sites I've created. I've written a poetry blog, a computer support blog, a vent your frustrations blog and building a few more. I've enjoyed working with BlogSpot and using it both professionally and personally. I am building a BlogSpot for computer users who have no solid resources to fix their own computers and have to pay so much money to get simple issues resolved.,I have great preset templates to utilize and build a clean, appealing Blog page. I can also build using HTML or other tools to build an appealing blog page. I have ads on my BlogSpot pages and whenever someone clicks on those ads AdSense will pay me so much per click and transfer those funds into my bank account when it reaches a certain amount. You can pick what "type" of ads appear on your pages. I can build up the search engine of my BlogSpot pages and name my own URL to those pages.,I would like more templates I also want to be able to reach Technical Support for Google BlogSpot,10,Provided more interest in my expertise Build up of clients Possible lead to small business support opportunities.,none,10,1,1,I've had anyone from colleagues, family and customers utilize my tools and come to me for more support because I created a page for them to help themselves. It promotes ME and therefore brings in more opportunity to myself. I can make money Blogging.,I didn't realize I could promote my Blog and have learned I can which in turns provides more clicks to Ads and use of my tools on my Blog.,You can ad links into your Blogger page and be able to connect it to other links, and have feedback from customers.,Implemented in-house,Yes,I got a code error when I built my Blogs recently received a code error on my page, difficult to reach support for Bloggers.,9,Building your Blog page is very easy. I can review my Blog and if I don't like it don't save the changes. Adding Ads to your Blog is easy, and you can choose not to use Ads if you don't choose to. Correcting words spelled wrong, and updating your page is easy.,the change from review of your page to the edit page.,Yes,9
Blogger

Blogger Reviews

Blogger

Do you work for this company?

Filter 94 vetted Blogger reviews and ratings

I used to use Blogger all the time in my personal and professional endeavors, whether for independent blog consulting, writing, or editing, or to recommend for companies I have been a part of. With the tools that exist today, Blogger is a great way for new writers and editors to break onto the scene if they have little coding experience, sure, and while Blogger has made some technological advances in the recent past, I can't say I would recommend it. I default to WordPress because it's easy to upgrade and transition into different editions, customize, etc. It's much better than Blogger and honestly not bad no matter your level of experience. You can learn and adapt.
  • No Coding Skills Required
  • Poor Reputation
  • Not a Lot of Customization
  • Not a Lot of Upgrade Ability
  • Not Good for Enterprise/Corporate Entities
As I mentioned, Blogger is appropriate if you're just entering the blog scene. I would not recommend this platform to someone who is part of a corporate organization. There is so much more out there. Blogger feels like a cop-out in the current marketplace. Look, I was a longtime Blogger user. It was extremely user-friendly, easy to integrate Google Accounts, and didn't require any coding to optimize. However, as I have evolved, the technology has not. I am now a Digital Marketer with coding skills, marketing automation experience, social media data analytics strategy awareness, etc. Blogger is not suitable for someone of my experience and skill sets. Even if you are not at an advanced level like I am, and trust me, I know I have a lot more to learn. I remain open to growth. However, I recommend starting with something like WordPress or even Squarespace so you can easily grow, learn, transition, integrate, adapt, etc. Blogger is out, especially with Google Plus being deprecated. It just doesn't work for the modern landscape now.
Robb Glietz profile photo
  • Keeping of stats helps us see if agents are following reading the blog and gives a matrix to management about the page views and followers over various time periods
  • The theme and layout have been very helpful in customizing how the blog page looks and allows us to customize it to help with showing our brand. So instead of it looking like an external application we are using, it appears to be part of our total company system.
  • I have found the reading list very helpful in getting different idea's for layouts of the blog and the help section has saved me numerous times when I am trying to see if blogger can do something or I am trying something new.
  • When comments are as the author of the post when you post a comment back it should be more threaded and either a symbol or icon should designate the poster. It is hard to determine who the poster is compared to who left a post.
  • As a company that uses the blog for our agents, it would be nice if they would allow custom ads to be run.
  • It would be nice if they would add a chat feauture within the blog so that if a poster would like to chat with us they would be able to.
In the company environment to dispense information to our agents and allow them a location to go to at any time to review is a big plus for our company and our agents. It would be less suited if you're going to use it as a venting point for employees for I can see it just turning to a situation where people could get hurt and bashed.
Read Robb Glietz's full review
Sandrine BOARQUEIRO-VERDUN profile photo

• Blogger is free as most of the CMS are, and you can find thousands of gadgets for free.
  • Blogger offers a lot of templates which can be customized. You can also specify a different template when the blog/website is displayed on a mobile device to be sure that the display will be responsive.
  • It is easy to change the page layout. You only have to drag and drop the elements of the page. When you are done, save. That’s all!
  • You can easily manage the comments from your readers.
  • When you have a blog or a website, of course you are interested in knowing if you have readers, which articles they prefer, who they are (their country, the operating system and web browser they use…). All you have to do is click on the statistics menu for viewing all these valuable data.
  • It is always difficult to speak about cons when something is free. I would say that Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses. If you want to design a website with multiple web pages, then I would suggest you to have a look at WordPress.
Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses.
Read Sandrine BOARQUEIRO-VERDUN's full review
Matthew Hardesty profile photo
August 02, 2016

Just go with WordPress

• Great *personal* publishing platform.
  • Easy integration with AdSense
  • Built in analytics
  • It's like Tumblr, but less popular.
  • It's a hosted service, so you don't get the same level of control that you would with other publishing platforms like WordPress or Tumblr
  • Not tailored for business use.
I would recommend Blogger to someone who doesn't want to worry about plugins, design, or security of their publishing platform. Basically, it's well-suited to personal "family" or "hobby" blogs. When it comes to business use, I would certainly not recommend Blogger unless specifically requested by a client for business reasons.
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
Jeannette Saysomvang profile photo
June 04, 2016

Easy to use

• It is very easy to set up. Getting started was pretty simple and took very little time.
  • The overview tells you how many views the page has and allows you to see the traffic your blog gets.
  • The site navigation can be a little confusing.
  • There are some limitations to how the blogs can be modified. The settings are hard to find sometimes.
Blogger is great for creating a basic, easy to read blog. It is easy to use for beginners. More complex changes can also be made if you know how to code in CSS.
Read Jeannette Saysomvang's full review
Angela Skees profile photo
April 15, 2016

Basic Blogger

• Long format blog posts
  • Images integration with Google photos
  • Organized and tagged content
  • Overall site layout and design
  • Intelligent scheduling should be added
  • Backend settings
Great for keeping track of your own personal development as an asset to your company as well as a visual reminder and tool for others looking at your career moving forward. Not really suited for use as an official company blog, but could be an initial place to do it since it is free, and then migrate the content to a more robust platform integrated with a company website.
Read Angela Skees's full review
Karl Plesz profile photo
  • Blogger hosts the pictures you use in your posts. There's no need to host them elsewhere and link to them.
  • The interface is clean and easy to use.
  • Blogger is never down. It's always up and response is fast.
  • The hardest part about composing a post with pictures is that there is no easy way to place a picture in a precise spot, nor is it easy to place multiple pictures in exact locations.
  • When Blogger introduces new functionality, they should tell their users right away in a manner that doesn't force them to go looking for news. Highlight the features.
  • We used to be able to apply hyperlinks to the pictures we used in posts. I can't seem to do that anymore.
As long as your needs are basic, Blogger is perfect. Not too complicated or over-burdened with bells and whistles.
Read Karl Plesz's full review
Karrie Reno profile photo
  • I have great preset templates to utilize and build a clean, appealing Blog page. I can also build using HTML or other tools to build an appealing blog page.
  • I have ads on my BlogSpot pages and whenever someone clicks on those ads AdSense will pay me so much per click and transfer those funds into my bank account when it reaches a certain amount. You can pick what "type" of ads appear on your pages.
  • I can build up the search engine of my BlogSpot pages and name my own URL to those pages.
  • I would like more templates
  • I also want to be able to reach Technical Support for Google BlogSpot
It's probably a good idea to put on paper what you want your Blogs to look like. (1) Information (2) Audience (3) Search info (4) An Idea of what you want the blog to look like. (5) What the blog is going to be about, do you want to allow comments. (6) Do you want others to be able to contact you?
Read Karrie Reno's full review