Blogger Reviews

Xavier Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2019

No Coding Experience, No Problem! Blogger is for you!

Blogger is used by the marketing department for purposes of recruitment. Through Blogger, our organization is able to share information and opportunities for both future client counties as well as job seekers. We are able to share what our program is about and tell the world wide web about our success stories, proving the effectiveness of our programs! We are able to reach a vast amount of people, even though Blogger is so easy to use it does not take a long time at all to actually post!
  • Cost - Because Blogger is free we are able to utilize it to its fullest capacity all while paying nothing!
  • User friendly - As I previously stated, we are able to post and reach vast amounts of people in a short amount of time because the interface is so easy and user friendly!
  • This goes along with user-friendly, but it is amazing how you do not need any coding experience to have a professional looking page.
  • Giving the ability to customize pages would be extremely helpful because many people have the idea that all Blogger accounts look the same, which they do look similar.
  • Not intended for large corporations.
Need to share vast amounts of information but don't have the time (or patience) to learn the coding features of other sites? Blogger is perfect. It is easy to use and gets the job done.
Read Xavier Knight's full review
Joanna Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Excellent platform to express yourself!

Blogger is currently being used at my organization in the design, PR, and Marketing departments. Other departments across the organization benefit from the use of Blogger and give ideas and bring stories to the marketing team to share and post, so in a way, we do all have our hands in on it. One of the main issues my company across the U.S. faces is a decline in participation after a certain age. Using Blogger and other social media help to show older girls that volunteering and becoming a Girl Scout is not just for little girls. We show fantastic programs and opportunities as well as results and scholarships the older girls receive to encourage others to join.
  • Blogger gives a structured ready to go platform to display your ideas and writings.
  • Blogger is easy to use for new users and those who aren't as tech-savvy.
  • Blogger has many pre-designed themes.
  • Blogger is free!
  • You can monetize on a free site, unlike their competitors
  • Blogger is not set up as well for all social media platforms.
  • The Google+ social media platform was a flop and because of that, it can be harder to gain traction on Blogger as it was created to pair with Google+.
  • Although the site is completely free the domain requires a purchase if you want to have it not say blogger in your URL.
Blogger is great for small businesses who are active on social media and don't want to have to pay for the best product. However, Blogger might not be best suited for all businesses, especially if you are wanting to sell products on your site or are looking for something more in-depth. Overall, I'd happily recommend Blogger to just about everyone, but especially to small businesses or even bloggers who want to try their hand in that industry.
Read Joanna Knight's full review
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2019

Blogger is great for starters!

When we were just starting out, we used Blogger to build our blog and ultimately begin reaching the audience we wanted. It was easy to use and we could learn it quickly. It was a great way to enter the blogging world and to start to get a grasp on what we are looking for as a business. It is easy to distribute information and even makes things a bit personalized without entering the scarier world of coding.
  • Easy to use!
  • Analytics are built-in with no necessary plugins!
  • Free - Great for a start up blog.
  • Easy to manage, monitor, and delete comments.
  • Customization - There are slight opportunities for customization, but not enough for a larger business once we took off.
  • Doesn't highlight new features, instead makes people hunt for them.
Blogger is great for personal use or for growing companies wanting to start a blog without the coding experience.
Read Kate Knight's full review
December 19, 2019

10 Years of experience with Blogger! Honest Review!

Blogger is being used by the whole organization as our blog host and platform for our company’s blog.
  • Free.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Availability of theme templates.
  • Lack of 3rd party support and plugins.
Blogger would be will suited for someone new to blogging and just getting started. It would be less appropriate for someone looking for full customization of their site, full control and e-commerce.
July 29, 2019

Blogger's Lack of Evolution is a Cop-Out for Any Experience Level

I used to use Blogger all the time in my personal and professional endeavors, whether for independent blog consulting, writing, or editing, or to recommend for companies I have been a part of. With the tools that exist today, Blogger is a great way for new writers and editors to break onto the scene if they have little coding experience, sure, and while Blogger has made some technological advances in the recent past, I can't say I would recommend it. I default to WordPress because it's easy to upgrade and transition into different editions, customize, etc. It's much better than Blogger and honestly not bad no matter your level of experience. You can learn and adapt.
  • No Coding Skills Required
  • Poor Reputation
  • Not a Lot of Customization
  • Not a Lot of Upgrade Ability
  • Not Good for Enterprise/Corporate Entities
As I mentioned, Blogger is appropriate if you're just entering the blog scene. I would not recommend this platform to someone who is part of a corporate organization. There is so much more out there. Blogger feels like a cop-out in the current marketplace. Look, I was a longtime Blogger user. It was extremely user-friendly, easy to integrate Google Accounts, and didn't require any coding to optimize. However, as I have evolved, the technology has not. I am now a Digital Marketer with coding skills, marketing automation experience, social media data analytics strategy awareness, etc. Blogger is not suitable for someone of my experience and skill sets. Even if you are not at an advanced level like I am, and trust me, I know I have a lot more to learn. I remain open to growth. However, I recommend starting with something like WordPress or even Squarespace so you can easily grow, learn, transition, integrate, adapt, etc. Blogger is out, especially with Google Plus being deprecated. It just doesn't work for the modern landscape now.
Robb Glietz | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 24, 2017

Blogger is not just for blogging. Corporation communication tool!

Blogger is being used as a way to communicate to our agents about what is going on with training and other events within the company. The other use is as a tool to help update agents when new laws or company requirements dictate. This way they have a single location to go to keep updated and make sure they are up to date.
  • Keeping of stats helps us see if agents are following reading the blog and gives a matrix to management about the page views and followers over various time periods
  • The theme and layout have been very helpful in customizing how the blog page looks and allows us to customize it to help with showing our brand. So instead of it looking like an external application we are using, it appears to be part of our total company system.
  • I have found the reading list very helpful in getting different idea's for layouts of the blog and the help section has saved me numerous times when I am trying to see if blogger can do something or I am trying something new.
  • When comments are as the author of the post when you post a comment back it should be more threaded and either a symbol or icon should designate the poster. It is hard to determine who the poster is compared to who left a post.
  • As a company that uses the blog for our agents, it would be nice if they would allow custom ads to be run.
  • It would be nice if they would add a chat feauture within the blog so that if a poster would like to chat with us they would be able to.
In the company environment to dispense information to our agents and allow them a location to go to at any time to review is a big plus for our company and our agents. It would be less suited if you're going to use it as a venting point for employees for I can see it just turning to a situation where people could get hurt and bashed.
Read Robb Glietz's full review
Sandrine BOARQUEIRO-VERDUN | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 13, 2016

Blogger makes easier the creation of blogs and websites for small business

I have created a couple of blogs with Blogger for myself, my company and some friends. They were personal blogs and professional blogs. I have also written some tutorials about Blogger for the beginners; some have also been published in magazines.

To my personal point of view, Blogger is definitively the best choice when you have absolutely no technical skill, you have no domain name and no ISP (and you can’t afford or don’t want to pay for it)… and you want to be online in just a couple of minutes. It is easy to use and it offers all the required features for free! What more could you ask for?!

Blogger is also perfect for small businesses as you can easily and very quickly create a website. Blogger is mainly known as a blog solution for creating post articles which are published chronologically, but it also allows you to create static pages which are organized and you can access them thru a menu, as in a regular website! You can use one of the multiple templates that come with Blogger or customize your pages (you can also import templates designed with Artisteer).

• Blogger is free as most of the CMS are, and you can find thousands of gadgets for free.
  • Blogger offers a lot of templates which can be customized. You can also specify a different template when the blog/website is displayed on a mobile device to be sure that the display will be responsive.
  • It is easy to change the page layout. You only have to drag and drop the elements of the page. When you are done, save. That’s all!
  • You can easily manage the comments from your readers.
  • When you have a blog or a website, of course you are interested in knowing if you have readers, which articles they prefer, who they are (their country, the operating system and web browser they use…). All you have to do is click on the statistics menu for viewing all these valuable data.
  • It is always difficult to speak about cons when something is free. I would say that Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses. If you want to design a website with multiple web pages, then I would suggest you to have a look at WordPress.
Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses.
Read Sandrine BOARQUEIRO-VERDUN's full review
Matthew Hardesty | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 02, 2016

Just go with WordPress

Blogger is used as a publishing platform for SEO clients when WordPress or other similar platforms have been excluded as an option (for one reason or another). It isn't very common for us to recommend or use Blogger for our clients because, typically, it doesn't make sense in most business cases.
  • Great *personal* publishing platform.
  • Easy integration with AdSense
  • Built in analytics
  • It's like Tumblr, but less popular.
  • It's a hosted service, so you don't get the same level of control that you would with other publishing platforms like WordPress or Tumblr
  • Not tailored for business use.
I would recommend Blogger to someone who doesn't want to worry about plugins, design, or security of their publishing platform. Basically, it's well-suited to personal "family" or "hobby" blogs. When it comes to business use, I would certainly not recommend Blogger unless specifically requested by a client for business reasons.
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
Jeannette Saysomvang | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 04, 2016

Easy to use

Blogger was used by me to create a blog for a class assignment. It provided a way for me to present my assignments in an orderly manner that allowed other students and the professor to view and comment on my work.
  • It is very easy to set up. Getting started was pretty simple and took very little time.
  • The overview tells you how many views the page has and allows you to see the traffic your blog gets.
  • The site navigation can be a little confusing.
  • There are some limitations to how the blogs can be modified. The settings are hard to find sometimes.
Blogger is great for creating a basic, easy to read blog. It is easy to use for beginners. More complex changes can also be made if you know how to code in CSS.
Read Jeannette Saysomvang's full review
Angela Skees | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 15, 2016

Basic Blogger

I personally use Blogger for my own professional development as part of the creative team. It allows me to keep track of my thought process when designing new brochures, flyers and especially new logos. It also allows me to have a digital portfolio of work going back to my time in college as well as the first few internships I had once I graduated.
  • Long format blog posts
  • Images integration with Google photos
  • Organized and tagged content
  • Overall site layout and design
  • Intelligent scheduling should be added
  • Backend settings
Great for keeping track of your own personal development as an asset to your company as well as a visual reminder and tool for others looking at your career moving forward. Not really suited for use as an official company blog, but could be an initial place to do it since it is free, and then migrate the content to a more robust platform integrated with a company website.
Read Angela Skees's full review
Karl Plesz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2014

Blogger - it just works (apologies to Apple)

I'm using Blogger for personal use only. This is not being used in a business context.
  • Blogger hosts the pictures you use in your posts. There's no need to host them elsewhere and link to them.
  • The interface is clean and easy to use.
  • Blogger is never down. It's always up and response is fast.
  • The hardest part about composing a post with pictures is that there is no easy way to place a picture in a precise spot, nor is it easy to place multiple pictures in exact locations.
  • When Blogger introduces new functionality, they should tell their users right away in a manner that doesn't force them to go looking for news. Highlight the features.
  • We used to be able to apply hyperlinks to the pictures we used in posts. I can't seem to do that anymore.
As long as your needs are basic, Blogger is perfect. Not too complicated or over-burdened with bells and whistles.
Read Karl Plesz's full review
Karrie Reno | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2014

Blogger (BlogSpot) Great tool building clientele, networking with others, AdSense provides opportunity for making more money.

I use Blogger for several blog sites I've created. I've written a poetry blog, a computer support blog, a vent your frustrations blog and building a few more. I've enjoyed working with BlogSpot and using it both professionally and personally. I am building a BlogSpot for computer users who have no solid resources to fix their own computers and have to pay so much money to get simple issues resolved.
  • I have great preset templates to utilize and build a clean, appealing Blog page. I can also build using HTML or other tools to build an appealing blog page.
  • I have ads on my BlogSpot pages and whenever someone clicks on those ads AdSense will pay me so much per click and transfer those funds into my bank account when it reaches a certain amount. You can pick what "type" of ads appear on your pages.
  • I can build up the search engine of my BlogSpot pages and name my own URL to those pages.
  • I would like more templates
  • I also want to be able to reach Technical Support for Google BlogSpot
It's probably a good idea to put on paper what you want your Blogs to look like. (1) Information (2) Audience (3) Search info (4) An Idea of what you want the blog to look like. (5) What the blog is going to be about, do you want to allow comments. (6) Do you want others to be able to contact you?
Read Karrie Reno's full review

About Blogger

Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was created by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. Generally, the blogs are hosted by Google at a subdomain of blogspot.com.