Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- Keeping of stats helps us see if agents are following reading the blog and gives a matrix to management about the page views and followers over various time periods
- The theme and layout have been very helpful in customizing how the blog page looks and allows us to customize it to help with showing our brand. So instead of it looking like an external application we are using, it appears to be part of our total company system.
- I have found the reading list very helpful in getting different idea's for layouts of the blog and the help section has saved me numerous times when I am trying to see if blogger can do something or I am trying something new.
- When comments are as the author of the post when you post a comment back it should be more threaded and either a symbol or icon should designate the poster. It is hard to determine who the poster is compared to who left a post.
- As a company that uses the blog for our agents, it would be nice if they would allow custom ads to be run.
- It would be nice if they would add a chat feauture within the blog so that if a poster would like to chat with us they would be able to.
I have created a couple of blogs with Blogger for myself, my company and some friends. They were personal blogs and professional blogs. I have also written some tutorials about Blogger for the beginners; some have also been published in magazines.
To my personal point of view, Blogger is definitively the best choice when you have absolutely no technical skill, you have no domain name and no ISP (and you can’t afford or don’t want to pay for it)… and you want to be online in just a couple of minutes. It is easy to use and it offers all the required features for free! What more could you ask for?!
Blogger is also perfect for small businesses as you can easily and very quickly create a website. Blogger is mainly known as a blog solution for creating post articles which are published chronologically, but it also allows you to create static pages which are organized and you can access them thru a menu, as in a regular website! You can use one of the multiple templates that come with Blogger or customize your pages (you can also import templates designed with Artisteer).
- Blogger is free as most of the CMS are, and you can find thousands of gadgets for free.
- Blogger offers a lot of templates which can be customized. You can also specify a different template when the blog/website is displayed on a mobile device to be sure that the display will be responsive.
- It is easy to change the page layout. You only have to drag and drop the elements of the page. When you are done, save. That’s all!
- You can easily manage the comments from your readers.
- When you have a blog or a website, of course you are interested in knowing if you have readers, which articles they prefer, who they are (their country, the operating system and web browser they use…). All you have to do is click on the statistics menu for viewing all these valuable data.
- It is always difficult to speak about cons when something is free. I would say that Blogger is ideal for personal blogs and very small businesses. If you want to design a website with multiple web pages, then I would suggest you to have a look at WordPress.
- It is very easy to set up. Getting started was pretty simple and took very little time.
- The overview tells you how many views the page has and allows you to see the traffic your blog gets.
- The site navigation can be a little confusing.
- There are some limitations to how the blogs can be modified. The settings are hard to find sometimes.
- Blogger hosts the pictures you use in your posts. There's no need to host them elsewhere and link to them.
- The interface is clean and easy to use.
- Blogger is never down. It's always up and response is fast.
- The hardest part about composing a post with pictures is that there is no easy way to place a picture in a precise spot, nor is it easy to place multiple pictures in exact locations.
- When Blogger introduces new functionality, they should tell their users right away in a manner that doesn't force them to go looking for news. Highlight the features.
- We used to be able to apply hyperlinks to the pictures we used in posts. I can't seem to do that anymore.
Review: "Blogger (BlogSpot) Great tool building clientele, networking with others, AdSense provides opportunity for making more money."
- I have great preset templates to utilize and build a clean, appealing Blog page. I can also build using HTML or other tools to build an appealing blog page.
- I have ads on my BlogSpot pages and whenever someone clicks on those ads AdSense will pay me so much per click and transfer those funds into my bank account when it reaches a certain amount. You can pick what "type" of ads appear on your pages.
- I can build up the search engine of my BlogSpot pages and name my own URL to those pages.
- I would like more templates
- I also want to be able to reach Technical Support for Google BlogSpot