Reviews (1-25 of 95)
- Reporting: Once I understood the logic behind Bloomerang's reporting tools, I could not believe I'd ever worked a different way. Some of our funders request very complicated reports and getting the relevant data out of Bloomerang is SO much easier than it was with our previous CRM tools.
- Website integration: I love the tracking functionality that Bloomerang offers, as well as how easy it is to integrate event ticket, volunteer, and other forms into our existing website.
- Intuitive design: I've introduced total novices to Bloomerang and been very impressed with how quickly they've been able to figure out all the top level navigation as well as deeper functionality.
- Mass updates: The top thing that Bloomerang currently lacks is the ability for users to execute their own mass updates. You can currently pay a relatively small fee for this type of work, but I do miss being able to update a huge group of accounts in one fell swoop on my own.
- Email layouts: I'd love to see a nicer interface and better WYSIWYG editor for creating emails. The existing set up is fine, but could be so much nicer.
- Dashboard: It would be nice to be able to customize the home screen dashboard a bit. I'd like to be able to choose a few different reports to see automatically, and to be able to hide other things that aren't as relevant.
- Bloomerang is web based and so easy to access. Recording interactions with donors is easy and enjoyable.
- I send an email newsletter through Bloomerang. It is easy to set up templates and update them. After sending a newsletter it is easy to see detailed tracking info (when launched, deliverability, opened stats, recipient engagement, and links clicked).
- Bloomerang's interactive connections is so helpful. There are so many connections to find things one may want to follow. As I mentioned in the email tracking portion you can click any number of links to follow or find detailed information (unsubscribes, bounced, etc.)
- The Bloomerang email portion could use some additional formatting options. I'd like to see the active links be allowed to be a larger font. I'd also encourage them to establish pre-headers. I used them a lot before I started sending my emails through Bloomerang - still the positives of Bloomerang outweigh the previous program I used because it is integrated with all my donor records.
- track donor history and identify "hot" donors.
- organize targeted campaigns
- automate donor acknowledgements.
- There could be a more efficient way to record contributions which are "in honor of" or "in memory of" an individual.
If you business is small, it may be an "overkill" to what you're trying to accomplish.
- It gives us a very easy to manage way of tracking our constituents, donors and friends.
- We can create constituent fields that help us send information out to only those who need it.
- It makes donor management very easy and allows us to thank our donors and track giving.
- It is very user-friendly and the online tech support is SO good!!!!!
- They have honestly added so many updates, that I don't currently have an area for improvement. They have kept ahead of my needs to this point. They are very responsive to users.
We are a small non-profit and it works great for us.
- Provides an at a glance snapshot of donor engagement... email opens, gifts, volunteer hours, interactions, emails, etc.
- Easy to use reporting functions and full support to create reports
- Manages our grant process and tracks when grants are due as well as all other pertinent information
- I would like to see some more pre created industry standard reports.
- I would like to see a Word document output of thank you letters.
- It allows us to see at a glance the involvement level of any given database participant.
- It has great search capabilities to provide various pieces of specific station performance.
- It interfaces well with other databases and donation processing companies.
- It needs a keyboard short cut to search for a donor.
- They need to work with more than one ACH processor.
- It would be nice to be able to make global changes to a group of searched records.
- Easy to use interface
- Good reporting that is easy to modify
- Easy setup
- Has built in way to do online donation form
- Web forms are ugly and clunky
- Settings are not the best organized
- Cannot do suggested donation amounts on an online form without including a text item next to each amount (ex/ $100 Gold Level $50 Silver Level cannot just do $100, $50, etc.)
- Easy to set up campaigns and to receive online donations for specific campaigns.
- Report running is easy and comprehensive.
- Sets apart donors who are very active and need special attention.
- Currently, only one person's contact information can be used for online giving pages they host, so if you have multiple events or campaigns that are not handled by the same person, this gets confusing. We ended up making a generic email address that is a distribution list to each person.
- They use Sendgrid for the mass mailing. Over the timeframe we have been with them, Sendgrid has had different "glitches" that Bloomerang had to have us use workarounds for.
- Donor profile - it's very simple to see who's very engaged and who's not.
- Online donations - hosted giving pages make donations easy to manage from within Bloomerang.
- Robust reporting - I've never found a reporting engine with more granularity. it's really amazing.
- User permissions - currently only two levels of permission for users, and both levels grant access to all donor profiles. Unhelpful if you want to give staff members limited access to a certain report or certain band of donors.
- Website integration for online donations is awesome! It makes it so much easier to raise money online. We've tripled the amount of money we raise online, mainly because of this and the ability to send emails through the system.
- Emails are tracked directly in a donor's record, so we can see instantly their engagement with our content.
- Integration with DonorSearch is awesome and seems to be improving often.
- They listen to their customers' needs. If enough customers request a feature, they'll get it for us. We feel like the development of this software is always happening and it's a partnership, rather than a transaction.
- Imports aren't as user-friendly as we'd like, but we can manage.
- Bloomerang can generate reports that are incredibly specific with the "and" "or" buttons. I recently created reports of holiday giving received before a particular email went to all constituents and then after that email was sent. This allowed us to consider how effective the email was.
- Tracking who opens emails, who clicks on certain links and who visits our website has helped us to fine tune our emails.
- It may be that Bloomerang has a way of doing this and I haven't taken the time to figure it our or visit with support, but I am finding the increasing number of letter and email templates harder to navigate through.
- I wish Bloomerang would remember the most recent email, letter or report that I worked on like it does for constituent. I'd also like the history to stay even after I log out instead of clearing it each time.
- Bloomerang is great at generating letters and addresses.
- I love the "note" function to add communications and updates to a donor's file so that others can see an interaction, address change, phone call, etc.
- I recently learned how to create end-of-year letters and reports, which saved a tremendous amount of time.
- Reporting functions for various development needs.
- I would love to see the "head of household" not default to the male. At my organization, the female is often the one passionate about our cause, so it is a pain to go in and keep changing the way the system defaults.
- The letters download as a PDF so changes are not able to be made in one or two letters before printing without taking more time than just editing the individual letter on the constituent's account.
- Bloomerang is very intuitive and user-friendly, even for staff and volunteers that are not technologically oriented or experienced.
- Bloomerang is built on the concept that donor retention is key with a dashboard that shows donor's love (on fire to cold) for each constituent, making for a very quick survey of current relationship status.
- Bloomerang has a fabulous tech and user support staff making it easy to reach out with questions. We have never had to wait for someone from Bloomerang support to chat online!
- Bloomerang incorporates online giving and event registration seamlessly.
- Bloomerang can export to QuickBooks easily.
- Event registration could be improved by adding the ability to select more than one item in a transaction. This would allow for a single transaction to include multiple types of registrations and/or sponsorships.
- Adding the capacity to "undo" a data import would reduce anxiety around adding data en mass.
- Additional standard reports would be helpful for those without deep experience with donor database usage.
- Tracking donor relationships (love the timeline view).
- Tracking various campaigns (dashboard view and graphics are great).
- Reports (so many options to build reports and share your data...data is key!).
- Letter and email generation.
- Linkage to our website (online giving!).
- Having access for volunteers for our bi-annual fundraisers (when we provide user access it's not able to be limited to certain screens, they have access to view all data).
- Sometimes the Household icon is not ideal when pulling data, would rather have an option to not use Household icon.
- It would be really nice to have an auto address verification to recognize incorrect addresses.
- New contact entries are a snap. It literally takes about 2 minutes to train someone on how to enter a new contact into the system.
- Entering donations is also a very easy process and super easy to train someone on how to do it.
- The dashboard is useful and gives a nice rundown of current donations.
- Processing credit cards within the system is also very easy, however we still use Paypal for non-profits to process donations that come in over the phone due to the cheaper rate.
- The process of entering new tributes (In Memory of/In Honor of) could be much more streamlined.
- As with most of these donor management softwares that I've used, the Thank You letters could be more functional. I usually export the information that I need into an Excel file and do a mail merge with a Word doc.
- The event module has been useless for us. I've tried to set it up a couple times so people could buy tickets to events, but it's not super-flexible or user friendly.
- It's frustrating that if you're going to use it for your online giving form, you have to have a description next to each amount. For example: "$25 - This will buy meals for a local senior for a week" or something to that effect. You can't make a form with just the dollar amounts. Therefore we're using QGiv as our online donation form.
If you're looking for a all-in-one solution that you can use for events, online giving forms, etc. you might want to shop around a bit. I find that this is where this software is lacking a bit. Even though we have these modules available through Bloomerang, I still find myself choosing other options like Brownpapertickets, Paypal and Qgiv over the built in module.
- The migration of data from another software was very easy. All we needed to do was map the existing fields and we were able to create custom fields to accommodate specific needs of the clients.
- The dashboards and reports are excellent tools for management to make decisions about fundraising efforts.
- The complete records for each constituent and the ability to connect constituents to one another and to corporate donors enables my clients to reach our in specific campaigns that are tailored to move a group of donors.
- The ability to connect to the database from off site is valuable when working in the field.
- Some of the searches did not bring up the expected results. It would be good to see the logic be a little more "fuzzy".
- More pre-set reports would be helpful for small organizations who do not understand the logic behind how to get the results they are seeking.
- An ability to just page through donor records would be nice. Sometimes you just want to browse the data to get inspired.
- The Dashboard is a nice feature for getting an overview when you log on.
- The Summary feature which shows a snapshot of the status of a constituent is also a plus.
- The workshops informative and online training support is also helpful.
- I think the thing I find most frustrating is that you can't do batch posting of gifts. For example, if you have 30 sponsors for your 5K run or I have a list of 150 people who attended an event and just want to post a note to their record, you must post each individually rather than being able to predetermine the parameters which are shared by all. After contacting support to find a solution, I was told that I would have to build an import which would have very strict parameters that would have to be vetted by the Bloomerang team. While I am glad that they are there to help, it is a very time consuming process and we purchased Bloomerang to make these tasks less complicated and time consuming.
- Working with the letter templates is really cumbersome. Bloomerang assumes you are printing letters onto printed letterhead. While there are some fairly primitive tools for formatting, you cannot control the margins and end-up doing a lot of time consuming adjusting so that a letter looks right.
- The report generator is very confusing. For example, if you set a parameter to exclude soft credits, the report still contains soft credits. You cannot edit the report within Bloomerang, you must export to Excel. As a result, when you do want to run a batch of thank you letters, you end up with letters you don't want, formatting you don't want and no way to edit the letters since they are generated and downloaded as one long document.
- When we purchased Bloomerang and Firespring (website), we were under the distinct impression from the marketing by both entities that their collaboration produced integration between the database and the website. For example, if a constituent makes a donation or registers for an event through the website, we could be able to have it track as an interaction on the database. Apparently that is not the case and getting that info into the data is complicated, awkward and time-consuming.
- Custom fields: you can easily tailor it to your exact circumstances rather than using one field for a different piece of information because it doesn't fit anywhere else.
- Intuitive cloud based application that is easy to navigate: very quick learning curve, no need for expensive consultants or support agreements.
- Transition and support: smaller organization that genuinely cares about its customers.
- Designed for fundraising: has several tools that focus on donor retention which is a key goal of all fundraisers.
- User restrictions: they currently don't allow different access levels. I can't let my board members in as "look only" users or restrict information access. they are currently working on this, but right now it's "all or nothing."
- It doesn't have a dedicated events module.
- Bloomerang has greatly improved our online giving platform. It integrates seemlessly with Stripe for credit card processing, and forms look great embedded on our site. We use Bloomerang for general online donations as well as online registration for events.
- Bloomerang email communications are good looking and easily branded. Bloomerang also makes it easy to track our open rates and click rates for each email we send.
- Bloomerang makes it easy for us to track our communications with individual donors by providing a way to note interactions of different types as well as make personal notes in a donor's record.
- Bloomerang's timeline feature makes it very easy to look in a donor's reocrd and understand their history with our organization in a matter of seconds.
- The reporting function in Bloomerang can be somewhat difficult to use. The reports are run by constituent, interaction, or transaction, which makes it hard to pull information across modules into one report. Bloomerang's improvements to reporting have been huge over the last year, but there's still a ways to go to make it a little more intuitive and user-friendly.
- The relationship feature in Bloomerang is somewhat clunky. You can see relationships for an individual donor, but you can't pull reports by relationships. It also takes a long time to set up households and leaves room for inconsistent data entry if more than one person controls the database.
- Customer service around added services (such as Prospect View) is slow and unresponsive. Bloomerang should develop partnerships with effective and professional donor prospecting and donor research companies to help nonprofit clients.
- Cloud-based system. I can access my donor database from anywhere on the planet from my laptop or phone.
- The built in Ahern audit guides you in making sure you are staying donor-focused and using appropriate grade level.
- Custom fields allow me to build reports that are specific to our organization and donors.
- Dashboard with current overview of donor retention rate, campaign progress, and tasks keep me focused on moving my organization forward.
- I would love to see the ability to automatically generate reports for specific things.
- Autosave on email and letter editing functions.
- Email reminders for tasks.
- I love that I can create custom fields for constituent profiles and then use them in my filtering. For example, I can keep track of who participated in a particular event in a specific year by creating a field for that - and then when I want to send correspondence to only those constituents - it's a piece of cake. When working with constituents, details matter!
- Bloomerang reporting filters are powerful, yet easy to use. When I need to create a complex report, I map it out on paper from the largest criteria to the smallest - then give it a try in Bloomerang. I can then see from the results whether I need to make adjustments here or there - and then be confident that I am getting the results I need - and if I run into a question, Bloomerang customer service is always able to help me quickly and completely!
- Bloomerang customer service is rockstar! Access via chat is fast and easy, and I always feel like Bloomerang reps are not only expert in helping me find solutions - they also really care about my needs and want to help me.
- Bloomerang should create additional access levels for users. Currently, users can be administrators (able to see and edit all constituent records plus make changes to custom fields, settings, etc.) or users (able to see and edit all constituent records). There is no way to allow someone to only SEE records - and there is no way to limit which records someone can see. I would like to allow others in my organization the access to SEE records (without any risk of them changing entries), but I can't do that. There would also be value in the ability to set up a dashboard containing select constituents with the ability to create notes or interactions (e.g., in the case of a board member assigned to solicit a certain group of donors).
- I would like Bloomerang to improve the process for corresponding with notificants when honorarium or memorial donations are received. When a donation is received, Bloomerang keeps track of the acknowledgement status (yes, no, do not acknowledge) and automatically changes the status when a letter is created to acknowledge a donation. A similar mechanism for donations where there is a notificant would be very helpful.
- Their report building tool is great. I can find pretty much any information or report that I need. If, on the rare occasion, I am having trouble getting the report I need, their tech support is a great help and generally quick to respond.
- We have benefited from their website tools which allow us to accept donations and memberships online. We can use their basic forms, or forms can be customized to our exact needs.
- Bloomerang has added a number of great improvements in the 3+ years we have be using the database. Their current report building tool, for example is less than a year old. The report function was good, but it is excellent now. Bloomerang seems really open to suggestions about how features can be added or improved, too.
- They offer a number of great webinars at no cost. Some of the sessions deal directly with Bloomerang and its features, but many of them are on a range of non-profit related topics.
- As a member based, non-profit organization, it would be great to see a membership option.
- That said, using Bloomerang's custom fields, we have been able to create most of what we need in our membership tracking and reporting.
- I believe Bloomerang's online donation forms only work with a couple credit card processors. At the time we were deciding on Bloomerang, we were also looking for a new processor, so the timing worked for us, however the limited processors also means we are limited on any changes we may wish to make in the future.
- As great as the report building feature is, I could see how it could quickly be overwhelming, especially for new users. I definitely recommend watching some of the online tutorials.
- The reporting interface is very clean and intuitive. By the far the best and easiest I've used.
- The engagement index is helpful, along with the donor retention meter. Just as constant reminders.
- The overall record interface is clean, easy to read and easy on the eyes.
- The email builder is very limited. More and more users are going outside Bloomerang to build emails, and that's not particularly helpful since there's the tie to the donor record is then lost.
- Until recently, the inability to edit letters created in batches was a BIG miss. Took WAY too long to start fixing that one.
Bloomerang Scorecard Summary
Bloomerang is a cloud-based donor management platform that is designed to help nonprofit organizations to reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world.
The vendor says their donor management application is rooted in principles of philanthropy; simple to use and focused on empowering an organization’s team to achieve remarkable results through enhanced donor loyalty.
The vendor’s value proposition is that Bloomerang is designed to deliver maximum results, maximum utilization by the organization’s team and maximum flexibility with no need for additional technology spending on their part.
Additionally, the vendor says their solution, plugs in the latest technologies and delivers them with a clean, modern interface - thus giving organizations a cloud-based system that is their “go-to” for better fundraising.
Bloomerang Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||90%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||5%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||5%|
Bloomerang Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Bloomerang Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States|