https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Le/Zg/SI8K9RVS11IG.JPEGWe love Bloomerang!Our Communications and Development Department uses Bloomerang to manage and communicate with our donors. We did a number of demos with different constituent management software and chose Bloomerang and we absolutely made the correct decision. We have about 10,000 records. The transition from DonorPerfect to Bloomerang was very quick and only had a couple minor hiccups which were easily remedied. Since then, we have been able to increase our engagement with our donors and our donors' engagement with our organization. We have doubled our revenue and increased efficiencies in the department. Bloomerang has made engaging with our donors and tracking that engagement so much easier. The webinars have been incredibly helpful. We have only had to contact tech support once for an issue but we've made suggestions for how Bloomerang can improve and they've taken those suggestions and actually implemented a couple of them. We have just had such a good experience with Bloomerang and are so thankful we decided to switch to them! It's been a wonderful experience and they've just been really great to work with. Would recommend them to anyone, especially smaller to mid-sized organizations.,Website integration for online donations is awesome! It makes it so much easier to raise money online. We've tripled the amount of money we raise online, mainly because of this and the ability to send emails through the system. Emails are tracked directly in a donor's record, so we can see instantly their engagement with our content. Integration with DonorSearch is awesome and seems to be improving often. They listen to their customers' needs. If enough customers request a feature, they'll get it for us. We feel like the development of this software is always happening and it's a partnership, rather than a transaction.,Imports aren't as user-friendly as we'd like, but we can manage.,10,We have saved so much staff time with Bloomerang! Receipting, monthly reconciliation, and just pulling reports/lists is so much easier and faster with Bloomerang. It's so much more efficient, but it's also more accurate. Before we would pull lists and they'd be all over the place. Now we pull a list and it's the same every time. We've tripled our online donations and doubled our overall revenue. Most of this is because of the incredible staff we have, but, with Bloomerang, staff now have the correct tools to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.,DonorPerfect, Salsa CRM, The Raisers Edge and NeonCRMLife is GoodWe use Bloomerang for donor relations and communications. I am the point person in our organization but numerous staff members have access and do access the program for information to help them do their jobs more efficiently. Before Bloomerang, communicating with donors, volunteers and market patrons took much longer.,Bloomerang can generate reports that are incredibly specific with the "and" "or" buttons. I recently created reports of holiday giving received before a particular email went to all constituents and then after that email was sent. This allowed us to consider how effective the email was. Tracking who opens emails, who clicks on certain links and who visits our website has helped us to fine tune our emails.,It may be that Bloomerang has a way of doing this and I haven't taken the time to figure it our or visit with support, but I am finding the increasing number of letter and email templates harder to navigate through. I wish Bloomerang would remember the most recent email, letter or report that I worked on like it does for constituent. I'd also like the history to stay even after I log out instead of clearing it each time.,10,Constant Contact,Adobe Acrobat DCBloomerang saves me time!Bloomerang is used as our development/donor database. It is primarily used by two people within the library, although two others have access. Bloomerang allows us to record donations and interactions with donors.,Bloomerang is great at generating letters and addresses. I love the "note" function to add communications and updates to a donor's file so that others can see an interaction, address change, phone call, etc. I recently learned how to create end-of-year letters and reports, which saved a tremendous amount of time. Reporting functions for various development needs.,I would love to see the "head of household" not default to the male. At my organization, the female is often the one passionate about our cause, so it is a pain to go in and keep changing the way the system defaults. The letters download as a PDF so changes are not able to be made in one or two letters before printing without taking more time than just editing the individual letter on the constituent's account.,9Why I chose Bloomerang for our CRMWe use Bloomerang for tracking donors, donations, volunteers, event registration and online giving. Bloomerang is our core client relationship management system.,Bloomerang is very intuitive and user-friendly, even for staff and volunteers that are not technologically oriented or experienced. Bloomerang is built on the concept that donor retention is key with a dashboard that shows donor's love (on fire to cold) for each constituent, making for a very quick survey of current relationship status. Bloomerang has a fabulous tech and user support staff making it easy to reach out with questions. We have never had to wait for someone from Bloomerang support to chat online! Bloomerang incorporates online giving and event registration seamlessly. Bloomerang can export to QuickBooks easily.,Event registration could be improved by adding the ability to select more than one item in a transaction. This would allow for a single transaction to include multiple types of registrations and/or sponsorships. Adding the capacity to "undo" a data import would reduce anxiety around adding data en mass. Additional standard reports would be helpful for those without deep experience with donor database usage.,10,Bloomerang has allowed us to learn more from our data - who has been giving for years, who stopped giving and when, who our best donors are (using measures beyond size of most recent donation). We have definitely seen improved office efficiency and donor relations.The database has more than paid for itself.,GreenLight, Blackbaud CRM, Abila netFORUM Pro and DonorPerfect,QuickBooks Premier, Microsoft AccessBloomerang: Helping us to build & retain relationships with ease!We use Bloomerang every single day, as we are a non-profit and Bloomerang is our main donor database! It helps us manage every aspect of our organization from tracking donor relationships, cultivating relationships, managing gifts, online giving, thank you letters, emails and more. It's a very robust, user friendly database that is constantly emerging to meet our needs.,Tracking donor relationships (love the timeline view). Tracking various campaigns (dashboard view and graphics are great). Reports (so many options to build reports and share your data...data is key!). Letter and email generation. Linkage to our website (online giving!).,Having access for volunteers for our bi-annual fundraisers (when we provide user access it's not able to be limited to certain screens, they have access to view all data). Sometimes the Household icon is not ideal when pulling data, would rather have an option to not use Household icon. It would be really nice to have an auto address verification to recognize incorrect addresses.,10,Bloomerang has proven to have a great ROI on our organization. Right off the bat we were able to cut some of our costs our completely such as third parties who were creating and syncing our data for our monthly mailings. It also gave some of our employees greater productivity as they had to spend less time on functions (i.e. with our previous database that was not web based, any online gifts that came in had to be re-entered as nothing was connected) Everything is now connected and correlated beautifully! It has helped us in so many areas!,none,Basecamp
Bloomerang

Bloomerang Reviews

Bloomerang
Top Rated Award
Filter 121 vetted Bloomerang reviews and ratings
Sara Sedlacek profile photo
May 23, 2018

User Review: "We love Bloomerang!"

• Website integration for online donations is awesome! It makes it so much easier to raise money online. We've tripled the amount of money we raise online, mainly because of this and the ability to send emails through the system.
  • Emails are tracked directly in a donor's record, so we can see instantly their engagement with our content.
  • Integration with DonorSearch is awesome and seems to be improving often.
  • They listen to their customers' needs. If enough customers request a feature, they'll get it for us. We feel like the development of this software is always happening and it's a partnership, rather than a transaction.
  • Imports aren't as user-friendly as we'd like, but we can manage.
When I first started, we did not engage one-on-one with our donors very often, if ever. With DonorPerfect, it was very difficult to develop a portfolio and move into a more major gifts-focused program. Bloomerang has allowed us to develop a portfolio and begin engaging with our donors on a more meaningful level. This wouldn't have been possible without it.
Read Sara Sedlacek's full review
Lisa Moorhouse profile photo
January 30, 2018

Bloomerang Review: "Life is Good"

• Bloomerang can generate reports that are incredibly specific with the "and" "or" buttons. I recently created reports of holiday giving received before a particular email went to all constituents and then after that email was sent. This allowed us to consider how effective the email was.
  • Tracking who opens emails, who clicks on certain links and who visits our website has helped us to fine tune our emails.
  • It may be that Bloomerang has a way of doing this and I haven't taken the time to figure it our or visit with support, but I am finding the increasing number of letter and email templates harder to navigate through.
  • I wish Bloomerang would remember the most recent email, letter or report that I worked on like it does for constituent. I'd also like the history to stay even after I log out instead of clearing it each time.
I recently had a question about how to send one letter to a couple versus generating one letter for each member of the household. Online chat with a Bloomerang representative not only helped me with that report but helped me understand how to make that happen in future.
Read Lisa Moorhouse's full review
Dana Borick Brigandi profile photo
January 19, 2018

User Review: "Bloomerang saves me time!"

• Bloomerang is great at generating letters and addresses.
  • I love the "note" function to add communications and updates to a donor's file so that others can see an interaction, address change, phone call, etc.
  • I recently learned how to create end-of-year letters and reports, which saved a tremendous amount of time.
  • Reporting functions for various development needs.
  • I would love to see the "head of household" not default to the male. At my organization, the female is often the one passionate about our cause, so it is a pain to go in and keep changing the way the system defaults.
  • The letters download as a PDF so changes are not able to be made in one or two letters before printing without taking more time than just editing the individual letter on the constituent's account.
I have to thank Bloomerang for the amazing and quick support. When I took over this role about 6 months ago, no letters were done in Bloomerang – we downloaded reports, added headers in Excel and then merged documents to create letters. It was extremely complicated and frustrating for our small two-person team.

As I started taking more and more Bloomerang webinars, I asked my boss if we could consider using the letters function in 2018. Once I got some kinks worked out on my end (understanding terminology, and more how the program functions, etc.), it has worked AMAZINGLY. I created year-end letters in a matter of hours, which previously took two weeks. I’ve been slowly adding new letters for our various campaigns and it’s working out so well. My boss, who works on another floor, knows exactly what I’m doing because the letters generate notes and now she can go in and make changes if necessary. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!
Read Dana Borick Brigandi's full review
Tess DeGeest profile photo
November 28, 2017

User Review: "Why I chose Bloomerang for our CRM"

• Bloomerang is very intuitive and user-friendly, even for staff and volunteers that are not technologically oriented or experienced.
  • Bloomerang is built on the concept that donor retention is key with a dashboard that shows donor's love (on fire to cold) for each constituent, making for a very quick survey of current relationship status.
  • Bloomerang has a fabulous tech and user support staff making it easy to reach out with questions. We have never had to wait for someone from Bloomerang support to chat online!
  • Bloomerang incorporates online giving and event registration seamlessly.
  • Bloomerang can export to QuickBooks easily.
  • Event registration could be improved by adding the ability to select more than one item in a transaction. This would allow for a single transaction to include multiple types of registrations and/or sponsorships.
  • Adding the capacity to "undo" a data import would reduce anxiety around adding data en mass.
  • Additional standard reports would be helpful for those without deep experience with donor database usage.
Bloomerang is well suited for small to mid-sized non-profits who want more than a basic donor management system but don't want to pay a premium for a larger or highly sophisticated database. Bloomerang is great for non-profits that don't have a dedicated database person because all staff can use it. Bloomerang is a savvy, flexible database for a fraction of the cost of other, Cadillac models.
Read Tess DeGeest's full review
Kristin Boyce, MBA profile photo
November 22, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang: Helping us to build & retain relationships with ease!"

• Tracking donor relationships (love the timeline view).
  • Tracking various campaigns (dashboard view and graphics are great).
  • Reports (so many options to build reports and share your data...data is key!).
  • Letter and email generation.
  • Linkage to our website (online giving!).
  • Having access for volunteers for our bi-annual fundraisers (when we provide user access it's not able to be limited to certain screens, they have access to view all data).
  • Sometimes the Household icon is not ideal when pulling data, would rather have an option to not use Household icon.
  • It would be really nice to have an auto address verification to recognize incorrect addresses.
I've already recommended it to several other non-profit radio stations like ours! Many of us are tracking the same information and have the same needs. I did lots of research when we were looking to update our antiquated database and found Bloomerang to be user friendly, with a great support team. Loved that it was web-based as our previous database was not. In addition, the cost comparison showed you are getting a great return on Bloomerang!
Read Kristin Boyce, MBA's full review
Christopher Chirco profile photo
November 22, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang - a great user friendly solution!"

Bloomerang is being used by our fiscal department and our Development department to keep track of contacts and donations. In the past donors were kept in various Excel files which was not very conducive to tracking their giving history or managing duplicate records. We were looking for a software that would address this issue, while at the same time be very easy to train someone on the basics of using it, which Bloomerang is.
  • New contact entries are a snap. It literally takes about 2 minutes to train someone on how to enter a new contact into the system.
  • Entering donations is also a very easy process and super easy to train someone on how to do it.
  • The dashboard is useful and gives a nice rundown of current donations.
  • Processing credit cards within the system is also very easy, however we still use Paypal for non-profits to process donations that come in over the phone due to the cheaper rate.
  • The process of entering new tributes (In Memory of/In Honor of) could be much more streamlined.
  • As with most of these donor management softwares that I've used, the Thank You letters could be more functional. I usually export the information that I need into an Excel file and do a mail merge with a Word doc.
  • The event module has been useless for us. I've tried to set it up a couple times so people could buy tickets to events, but it's not super-flexible or user friendly.
  • It's frustrating that if you're going to use it for your online giving form, you have to have a description next to each amount. For example: "$25 - This will buy meals for a local senior for a week" or something to that effect. You can't make a form with just the dollar amounts. Therefore we're using QGiv as our online donation form.
If you're looking for an easy to use donor management software for people that might not be that tech savvy, this is a great choice. Most of the day-to-day processes that you will use it for are very straightforward and easy to learn.

If you're looking for a all-in-one solution that you can use for events, online giving forms, etc. you might want to shop around a bit. I find that this is where this software is lacking a bit. Even though we have these modules available through Bloomerang, I still find myself choosing other options like Brownpapertickets, Paypal and Qgiv over the built in module.
Read Christopher Chirco's full review
Patricia (Tricia) Cottrell profile photo
June 16, 2017

User Review: "Bloomerang for small nonprofits yes!"

Bloomerang is used by my clients to inform their fundraising efforts. They use it to track donor interactions, to conduct mail and email campaigns. They use the dashboards to track their efforts and to create new efforts to reach their donors. They use the letters to create thank you correspondence for their donors.
  • The migration of data from another software was very easy. All we needed to do was map the existing fields and we were able to create custom fields to accommodate specific needs of the clients.
  • The dashboards and reports are excellent tools for management to make decisions about fundraising efforts.
  • The complete records for each constituent and the ability to connect constituents to one another and to corporate donors enables my clients to reach our in specific campaigns that are tailored to move a group of donors.
  • The ability to connect to the database from off site is valuable when working in the field.
  • Some of the searches did not bring up the expected results. It would be good to see the logic be a little more "fuzzy".
  • More pre-set reports would be helpful for small organizations who do not understand the logic behind how to get the results they are seeking.
  • An ability to just page through donor records would be nice. Sometimes you just want to browse the data to get inspired.
For smaller organizations without complex data fields this is a great tool. For larger organizations with more data fields that are already defined in another database this tool is not quite as robust as some of the higher priced, older programs. It would also be more difficult to migrate that data without technical assistance.
Read Patricia (Tricia) Cottrell's full review
Donna Melton profile photo
June 07, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang - a good idea with some growing pains"

The organization I am working with is a small school with a very small administrative staff preparing for a capital campaign. They were using a very outdated database to store constituent information. We chose Bloomerang because we were under the impression that it interfaced with Firespring, the new website software we selected. The intended purpose is to streamline the development process: entering gifts, gift acknowledgment, donor interaction and reporting.
  • The Dashboard is a nice feature for getting an overview when you log on.
  • The Summary feature which shows a snapshot of the status of a constituent is also a plus.
  • The workshops informative and online training support is also helpful.
  • I think the thing I find most frustrating is that you can't do batch posting of gifts. For example, if you have 30 sponsors for your 5K run or I have a list of 150 people who attended an event and just want to post a note to their record, you must post each individually rather than being able to predetermine the parameters which are shared by all. After contacting support to find a solution, I was told that I would have to build an import which would have very strict parameters that would have to be vetted by the Bloomerang team. While I am glad that they are there to help, it is a very time consuming process and we purchased Bloomerang to make these tasks less complicated and time consuming.
  • Working with the letter templates is really cumbersome. Bloomerang assumes you are printing letters onto printed letterhead. While there are some fairly primitive tools for formatting, you cannot control the margins and end-up doing a lot of time consuming adjusting so that a letter looks right.
  • The report generator is very confusing. For example, if you set a parameter to exclude soft credits, the report still contains soft credits. You cannot edit the report within Bloomerang, you must export to Excel. As a result, when you do want to run a batch of thank you letters, you end up with letters you don't want, formatting you don't want and no way to edit the letters since they are generated and downloaded as one long document.
  • When we purchased Bloomerang and Firespring (website), we were under the distinct impression from the marketing by both entities that their collaboration produced integration between the database and the website. For example, if a constituent makes a donation or registers for an event through the website, we could be able to have it track as an interaction on the database. Apparently that is not the case and getting that info into the data is complicated, awkward and time-consuming.
I think Bloomerang is well-suited to organizations that have a well-staffed development office and full-time data manager on staff. It does not seem to be particularly useful for the one person development office in a small organization who needs an ergonomic, easy to use way to both communicate with constituents and stay on top of the all-important stewardship of donors.
Read Donna Melton's full review
Jeff Mendola profile photo
May 23, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang Can Be Your Fundraising Best Friend"

I use Bloomerang as my fundraising/donor CRM system. I am a one-person shop and needed something easy, efficient and able to do a variety of tasks without requiring high cost or intense support. It is a cloud-based solution to give me more flexibility on where I access my info as well as providing off-site information back-up that I lacked before. Besides tracking my donor data, I also use it for online donations that provide me with donation form flexibility as well as automatically propagating donation data into the database. I also use the event registration and e-mail subscription variants on these forms. If I was deriving the majority of my revenue from events, this might not be the right platform. But, it provides me with tremendous capability, reasonable cost, and the ability to create and manage custom fields without needing to pay for consultants or support. I used to use Raiser's Edge, but adding the capabilities I get with Bloomerang would have tripled my expense. Bloomerang has been very supportive and responsive so far.
  • Custom fields: you can easily tailor it to your exact circumstances rather than using one field for a different piece of information because it doesn't fit anywhere else.
  • Intuitive cloud based application that is easy to navigate: very quick learning curve, no need for expensive consultants or support agreements.
  • Transition and support: smaller organization that genuinely cares about its customers.
  • Designed for fundraising: has several tools that focus on donor retention which is a key goal of all fundraisers.
  • User restrictions: they currently don't allow different access levels. I can't let my board members in as "look only" users or restrict information access. they are currently working on this, but right now it's "all or nothing."
  • It doesn't have a dedicated events module.
Great for a small-to-medium shop that needs to do a little bit of everything. Maybe not optimal for organizations doing a lot of events or peer-to-peer fundraising.
Read Jeff Mendola's full review
Kim Westermann profile photo
May 23, 2017

Review: "Use Bloomerang to take your fundraising program to the next level"

Bloomerang is used primarily in our fund development and finance departments. We use Bloomerang to track donors, potential donors, and donations; to manage our e-newsletter communications; and to collect donations online. We also use Bloomerang to report on fundraising and communications strategies throughout the year and to balance the books with our finance department.
  • Bloomerang has greatly improved our online giving platform. It integrates seemlessly with Stripe for credit card processing, and forms look great embedded on our site. We use Bloomerang for general online donations as well as online registration for events.
  • Bloomerang email communications are good looking and easily branded. Bloomerang also makes it easy to track our open rates and click rates for each email we send.
  • Bloomerang makes it easy for us to track our communications with individual donors by providing a way to note interactions of different types as well as make personal notes in a donor's record.
  • Bloomerang's timeline feature makes it very easy to look in a donor's reocrd and understand their history with our organization in a matter of seconds.
  • The reporting function in Bloomerang can be somewhat difficult to use. The reports are run by constituent, interaction, or transaction, which makes it hard to pull information across modules into one report. Bloomerang's improvements to reporting have been huge over the last year, but there's still a ways to go to make it a little more intuitive and user-friendly.
  • The relationship feature in Bloomerang is somewhat clunky. You can see relationships for an individual donor, but you can't pull reports by relationships. It also takes a long time to set up households and leaves room for inconsistent data entry if more than one person controls the database.
  • Customer service around added services (such as Prospect View) is slow and unresponsive. Bloomerang should develop partnerships with effective and professional donor prospecting and donor research companies to help nonprofit clients.
Bloomerang is an excellent tool for small to medium sized nonprofits who benefit from the ability to customize the database to their specific needs and who dedicate a large portion of their fundraising budget to digital marketing strategies. For organizations who rely heavily on complicated reporting, Bloomerang may not be quite robust enough at this point.
Read Kim Westermann's full review
Candi Summers profile photo
August 31, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang has our donors FEELING THE LOVE!"

We are a nonprofit that transforms the lives of needy children in Liberia, West Africa. We are using Bloomerang across our organization to manage our constituents and donors. Bloomerang makes it easy to see exactly what our donor retention rates are, the commitment level of each donor, and makes it easy to track the effectiveness of our campaigns. We love that we can send emails, edit letters, and create online forms all within the platform and it incorporates the information directly into the donor profile. The ability to create custom fields that are specific to our organization, and the flexibility of a cloud-based system are also a big plus. Bloomerang's employees have been positive, professional, and supportive every step of the journey from our first inquiry through final conversion and daily operation. We feel proud to be Bloomerang customers, and our confidence level in our marketing is higher than ever because we can see the results. Bloomerang is continually working to improve the already-fantastic suite of tools built into the system. Thank you, Bloomerang, for helping us leave desktop-based donor (AKA a big clunky spreadsheet!) management behind.
  • Cloud-based system. I can access my donor database from anywhere on the planet from my laptop or phone.
  • The built in Ahern audit guides you in making sure you are staying donor-focused and using appropriate grade level.
  • Custom fields allow me to build reports that are specific to our organization and donors.
  • Dashboard with current overview of donor retention rate, campaign progress, and tasks keep me focused on moving my organization forward.
  • I would love to see the ability to automatically generate reports for specific things.
  • Autosave on email and letter editing functions.
  • Email reminders for tasks.
Incredibly responsive, easy to use donor management software that has improved our ability to love on our donors! Fantastic campaign management with built in email server, letter editing, and task dashboard. Flexible fields that we set up for our specific organization. Everything is integrated into the donor profile, making it simple to see exactly how engaged each donor is. The dashboard shows us exactly where we are on donor retention, gifts for the week, month and year. Easy user management and coordination on tasks between users. We love Bloomerang!
Read Candi Summers's full review
Scott Dishman, CFRE profile photo
June 19, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang is a good...but mixed...bag."

We use it as our main fundraising database. We started essentially from scratch, and now have about 3,000 records. This is the second nonprofit in which I've launched Bloomerang.
  • The reporting interface is very clean and intuitive. By the far the best and easiest I've used.
  • The engagement index is helpful, along with the donor retention meter. Just as constant reminders.
  • The overall record interface is clean, easy to read and easy on the eyes.
  • The email builder is very limited. More and more users are going outside Bloomerang to build emails, and that's not particularly helpful since there's the tie to the donor record is then lost.
  • Until recently, the inability to edit letters created in batches was a BIG miss. Took WAY too long to start fixing that one.
Well suited to users who are new to the fundraising database world. Well suited to offices that do a good amount of reporting, parsing through data, etc. Not terribly well suited to orgs with sophisticated email design needs. Not great for volunteer tracking. Not great for event signups, etc.
Read Scott Dishman, CFRE's full review
Megan Devenport profile photo
June 19, 2017

Bloomerang Review: "Manage your donor data AND your sanity!"

Building Bridges uses Bloomerang for constituent relationship management, and it has been implemented across our whole organization. The key business problem the platform addresses is that of consistently capturing, managing, and using our constituent data to support organizational fundraising and marketing efforts. In addition, we've been able to use the mail and email features of Bloomerang to communicate with segmented lists of our constituents. This added feature of the platform has meant we can stop using Constant Contact and save a little on that monthly subscription.
  • User-friendly: Bloomerang is set up to be extremely user-friendly. Learning to input data, manage records, and run reports is intuitive and does not require a steep learning curve. This means that our small team was able to get up and running on the platform quickly.
  • Powerful reporting: We use the reporting feature to segment our constituent list to better tailor communications, 1:1 outreach, and follow-up.
  • Donor Appreciation: Bloomerang is founded on the premise that thanking donors is the cornerstone of effective fundraising for nonprofits. The system is built in such a way as to make donor appreciation easy, timely, and authentic.
  • Limited options for bulk updates: The import feature is currently the only option for making bulk updates to records. This adds an additional layer of difficulty for users and in our experience increases the possibility of error in making updates to records.
Bloomerang is an excellent solution for small to medium sized nonprofits looking for a cost-effective, easy-to-use, and efficient CRM to manage donor data. The tool is powerful enough to handle all the demands we place on it, while not being so intense as to require a dedicated in-house expert to manage and train our staff team.

The platform would be less well-suited for organizations managing a large amount of data or who need the system to seamlessly integrate with accounting, email, and/or billing software.
Read Megan Devenport's full review
Meridith Swoyer profile photo

User Review: "Bloomerang"

Bloomerang is used organization-wide. We use Bloomerang to manage not only donors, but volunteers and families that we serve. This is the fourth database that we have had in the 30 years that our organization has been in existence. We switched to Bloomerang to better serve the three groups that we serve.
  • The customer support is amazing. The live chat is so helpful and my entire organization has benefited from taking the classes.
  • I work for a small organization and it is crucial that everyone on the team be able to use the database, Bloomerang is so easy to use that it was an easy transition for all of our staff.
  • Bloomerang has built in features that help us to identify ways to help increase donor retention.
  • Bloomerang did have a very hard time converting our data from the old database.
  • When generating letters, they cannot be edited, which can be frustrating.
  • When querying data for reports, it could be easier. I would love to be able to query by any category in any report. For example, I would love to be able to change use both constituent and donor data.
My organization is very unique in what data we track and who we maintain in our database. I would definitely recommend Bloomerang to organizations that solely track donations as it is built perfectly for that. Bloomerang is also very easy to manipulate, to make work for you.
Read Meridith Swoyer's full review
Maggie Skinner profile photo
June 16, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang is a boon for our nimble nonprofit"

We are a small nonprofit that needed an intuitive donor database. We have only two employees, so there is not a lot of time available for database upkeep. Bloomerang has been a time, money, and sanity saver for us. We love it that it provides a one-stop shop for email correspondence/marketing and online integration with our website.
  • Correspondence is saved under constituents' accounts which is so helpful for recordkeeping.
  • Data uploads are a breeze! Love this feature. It is pretty foolproof.
  • The chat feature is great and the people are so kind and point you in the right direction.
  • I wish I could split credit card charges into different funds. As it is right now, you have to ask Bloomerang to unlock the transactions. Which they do willingly. We often times have donors wanting to make one charge for multiple things.
  • It seems like 50% of the time when someone from our database makes an online donation, a new constituent account is made. It is easy enough to merge, but I have to be more on the lookout for multiple accounts.
  • Would love a fundraiser/auction compatible option. Still have to use another software for this aspect of our development.
I think Bloomerang is perfect for smallish nonprofits that need a database that can do so much for them. It is easy to use and actually fun to input data.
Read Maggie Skinner's full review
Karen Griner profile photo
June 16, 2017

User Review: "Bloomerang is the CRM love of my life"

We use Bloomerang to record our donors and volunteers. It is used by our CEO and members of our fund development department. It allows us to track donations, volunteer hours, and any interactions we have with donors and volunteers such as email correspondence, meetings, or solicitations.
  • The reports are comprehensive, very customizable, yet easy to use and read.
  • Bloomerang allows you to assess which people are most loyal to your organization and those that require more stewardship.
  • The staff at Bloomerang encourage input and suggestions for improvement, and there is a process in place to address all customer concerns and to make system improvements to continually improve the system.
  • Constituent profiles resemble a Facebook timeline, making it easy to see highlights at a glance without having to analyze a spreadsheet.
  • The system tracks your donor retention. Currently it does not track giving by household, but this is something the Bloomerang team is working to change.
  • You cannot set triggers for emails to go out on specific dates, like on a constituent's birthday. However they have plans for this to happen in the future and recently rolled out the ability to schedule mass emails.
  • When you create what you believe to be a new constituent profile, you are not alerted if you are possibly creating a duplicate entry. They do have help forums and webinars, however, on how to clean up duplicates in the database.
Bloomerang is a great tool for nonprofit donor and volunteer management. You can even use it to manage tasks and grant deadlines. It could use some improvement in the area of membership management and event registration.
Read Karen Griner's full review
Rachael Burbank profile photo
June 16, 2017

Bloomerang Review: "Great for a small shop!"

We are a small PreK-8 school. Bloomerang is primarily used in our development/advancement department but is utilized by the admissions department, Head of School's office and sometimes communications to access contact information for our constituents.
  • Reporting is user-friendly, easy and quick so it doesn't bottleneck work for the main administrator of the database.
  • It can be accessed from anywhere because it's web-based so our Head of School can access on the road.
  • Thank you letter process is a bit difficult to customize.
  • Customization of dashboard/profile/gift entry could be useful - there are many blank fields we don't use that could be removed.
  • Reporting based on region would be helpful.
  • Uploading profile pictures instead of just relying on Twitter.
I've tried multiple times (with tech support) to create a complicated report that includes all gifts made to the annual fund this fiscal year but it is more complicated because we want to include pledges that are either not yet paid or have been partially paid. Since we have never found the right way to construct this query, I've been tracking it in a separate Excel spreadsheet and have to do double data entry to check myself.
Read Rachael Burbank's full review
Kris Caponigro profile photo
June 09, 2017

User Review: "Bloomerang transformed our office"

My organization (high school advancement office) uses Bloomerang as a donor management system for parents, alumni, and corporate donors. It is only used by our office and we use it for accepting online donations, acknowledgements, communications with donors and alumni, as well as tracking yearly campaigns, appeals and generating tax letters.
  • Conversion ease - the conversion from our previous expensive complicated system to Bloomerang was relatively easy due to their established conversion process and conversion manager assigned to us.
  • Ease of use - our old system was very powerful, but no one knew how to use it correctly. Bloomerang is easy to use and train people on. Very intuitive.
  • Outstanding customer service. I use the online chat when I have questions and the support person is always knowledgeable and helpful.
  • Relationship reporting (I believe this may be in the works)
  • I would like to be able to have different logos or pictures on the web forms - not just 1 per organization. Ex - School Logo for school donation, Alumni Logo for Alumni donation. Currently only one is permitted. Same with some social media handles.
We only needed minimal customization to track the additional information we need for our school alumni. Communications and donor cultivation are done well in Bloomerang. You can see who opened your email and what email was bounced or dropped. The constituent timeline is a great tool for donor cultivation.
Read Kris Caponigro's full review
Dylan F. Pyne profile photo
June 08, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang - The Perfect Solution for the Small Shop"

Bloomerang is used primarily by the Development Committee of the volunteer Foundation Board. Since we have no professional staff Bloomerang is essential in keeping our donor data organized. We also use Bloomerang to send blast emails and facilitate donation transactions.
  • The reporting function, especially the built-in canned reports, are very easy to use and very helpful when trying to look at donor data from a specific perspective.
  • The donation forms are very easy to set up and integrate directly onto your website.
  • The blast email is a little clunky, especially for anyone who may be used to using MailChimp.
  • You cannot mass delete custom fields, so if you make a mistake with a batch upload there is no way to resolve it.
Bloomerang is perfect for a small shop with a small staff or no staff at all. If you have more then 10,000 records or multiple staff members using the database, this may not be the best option for you.
Read Dylan F. Pyne's full review
lisa limonciello profile photo
June 07, 2017

User Review: "Bloomerang works!"

I am in charge of our donor data base. We use it for tracking events, online donations, and reports. I have been very happy with results and customer service. This company has changed they way we do business.
  • User-friendly, this system is very easy to use and if you don't understand something there is a ton of resources to help you.
  • Support & customer service are immediate!! No need to wait more than an hour.
  • Constantly having online classes to improve skills.
  • Better reporting ability with filters. Many are confusing to get the results you want. I would love a feature that says "show me ...... ".
  • Sending thank you letters right from a transaction entry (specifically a manual entry).
  • Better ability to run a year-end tax report for all donors.
The cost is fantastic. I can view my information much easier. I can run an annual report confident that the information is accurate.

[It's] less [suited for] online fundraisers - still working on marketing our website for events and donations.
Read lisa limonciello's full review
April Rios profile photo
June 07, 2017

User Review: "Loving the Bloomerang Life"

Bloomerang is being used across our entire organization, but especially by our communications and development team, volunteer team, grants and executives. It allows all of us to be on the same page when it comes to donors, volunteers, and VIP's and allows us to better follow up with them and better target our messaging. It's been an incredible asset to all of us.
  • We LOVE the reports in Bloomerang because there is so much flexibility. You can get the same answer multiple ways, and even if you don't fully understand it at first it is very easy to learn.
  • Bloomerang is great for acknowledgements! Having the ability to send acknowledgement emails in batches has been an incredible time-saver for our staff. Once you create a template and fix your filters, Bloomerang can send hundreds of acknowledgements at once (even if you don't use their credit card transaction systems).
  • We also love the ability to assign and view tasks organization wide. It helps us get every department involved with the donor and volunteer retention. It is so easy to use and simply a great tool to have within the database.
  • The integrated web forms have caused some problems for us. We had a bot entering bogus data that went into our database, but Bloomerang staff was so great about contacting us and showing us how to fix it. They even cleaned our data for us. The forms also aren't as visually appealing as you'd like them to be.
  • Although their email system is user-friendly and a fantastic tool, it does not allow for your organization to use your own font and it has some aesthetic restrictions. It also doesn't allow for your to schedule when the email is sent out and that has been a hurdle for us.
  • We'd love to be able to flip through somebody's timeline (instead of going into one interaction and then having to go back to the timeline to see their next interaction).
It's an incredible tool for donor retention and engagement. It really helps get all your teams to be on the same page when it comes to donor information and cultivation.

On the other hand, unless you already have an idea of how to track volunteer and their hours, it is not the best tool for volunteer tracking. You have to create your own system, which Bloomerang allows you the freedom to do.
Read April Rios's full review
Michelle Klinger profile photo
June 06, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang - Just Right Donor Management"

We run a nonprofit organization that manages education programs in local schools and connects business people and faith communities to work in the schools. We use Bloomerang to fundraise for our entire organization. We use it to track all facets of fundraising including corporate and individual donations.
  • Tracks donors
  • Tracks fundraising
  • User experience is attractive
  • We are always open to greater functionality
I like the way Bloomerang interfaces with other products we use. It helps us collect funds for our events. We are switching to QuickBooks to manage our finances and are looking forward to the way these two programs interface with one another.
Read Michelle Klinger's full review
Kerrie Clarke profile photo
June 06, 2017

Bloomerang Review: "Newly Bloomed"

We are using bloomerang throughout the entire organization. We use the system as a one stop shop database for all of our alumni, donors and potential donors. It addresses the issue of having a place to house all of our constituent information to assist us with profiling.
  • Bloomerang provides the ability to collect unlimited amounts of constituent information.
  • Having one location that houses a place for emails, letters and newsletters.
  • The dashboard is a great component.
  • The event registration integration, could have an option for a no fee registration.
  • Addition of adding an event to your calendar.
  • Limitations on design of email and newsletters.
Bloomerang works well with small organizations that are just beginning and need a database.
Read Kerrie Clarke's full review
Teresa Donaldson profile photo
June 06, 2017

Review: "Bloomerang - Keeps Fundraising Professionals On Track"

We purchased Bloomerang nearly one year ago. I use Bloomerang as well as my donor development coordinator. The fundraising software that was being used prior to me joining the organization was difficult to use and did not provide us with the features needed to capture donor information and manage our newsletters and other communications.
  • Bloomerang was very easy to customize. We were able to create constituent types that are unique to us.
  • Bloomerang's customer service is exceptional. The purchase and installation was smooth and easy to navigate. Whether using the chat feature, email or phone support, our questions have been answered quickly and completely.
  • Bloomerang's email feature is one of my favorites. We can easily create professional and interesting emails about events, for stewardship and even newsletters. One the email is sent, we can view instant results including open rate, who clicked on links in the email and if the email bounced.
  • We use the online event registration feature. We would like the donor to be able to add the organization name to the registration.
  • We would like to be able to print envelopes for letters directly from Bloomerang.
Bloomerang is easy to use. We could customize it and set up records on the first day. Our donor database is still relatively small and each record is set up individually. This gives us flexibility in adding constituent types as needed. To date, we have not found a scenario where Bloomerang would not be well suited.
Read Teresa Donaldson's full review
Hollie Ashworth profile photo
June 06, 2017

User Review: "Bloomerang for new development program"

Bloomerang is being used by our development department. The program has helped us to organize and collect data on funders to our organization.
  • Bloomerang creates reports that detail information necessary for our development planning.
  • Bloomerang tracks donations so that we can see where we might focus our energy.
  • Bloomerang makes contact information available anywhere since it is an online software program.
  • I don't really have any complaints or suggestions for Bloomerang. I still have much to learn about its functionality and have not had the time to make use of all of its features.
Bloomerang is well suited for us to see the history of someone's giving at our organization.
The one area I'm not skilled at and might make a suggestion at a later time is a timeline for foundation grant submissions.
Read Hollie Ashworth's full review

About Bloomerang

Bloomerang is a cloud-based donor management platform that is designed to help nonprofit organizations to reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their vision for a better world.

The vendor says their donor management application is rooted in principles of philanthropy; simple to use and focused on empowering an organization’s team to achieve remarkable results through enhanced donor loyalty.

The vendor’s value proposition is that Bloomerang is designed to deliver maximum results, maximum utilization by the organization’s team and maximum flexibility with no need for additional technology spending on their part.

Additionally, the vendor says their solution, plugs in the latest technologies and delivers them with a clean, modern interface - thus giving organizations a cloud-based system that is their “go-to” for better fundraising.

Bloomerang Features