Bloomfire Reviews

Mariana Lemus | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

I like to use Bloomfire for my daily work!

Pros and Cons

• Show all the information at the beginning of the page.
  • Have the assets to edit the letters and create a helpful document.
  • Being able to share templates and files.
  • I would like to have the option to add a couple of members in at one time. I am not using CSV Template, just adding their emails.
  • I would like to have data on active/ inactive members.
  • How can I increase my ACES?
Read Mariana Lemus's full review
Mark Kaye | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2018

Quite simply. Bloomfire "Rocks."

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use - the tile formatting of Bloomfire makes for very easy navigation.
  • Graphically rich - in particular, the latest formatting features allow for visually rich posting - audio, video, PDF, Excel, and more.
  • Bloomfire is always improving on the look, feel, and functionality. They are a company that does not sit still. I appreciate the Bloomfire team's enthusiasm for their product and the users of their product.
Read Mark Kaye's full review
Paul Leininger | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2018

Bloomfire it up!

Pros and Cons

• Allows us to share rooms with content and see who enters the room and who downloads what.
  • Search - you can search within documents
  • Loads and prerenders videos. So if we post a video for sales, they can watch it before downloading it to show to a customer.
  • Sometimes the search is too deep for users and displays too much. Showing the most used of viewed documents would be better.
  • The editor can hang up sometimes and you think you saved but didn't.
  • User management can be awkward sometimes, you remove a user and they are still active.
Read Paul Leininger's full review
June 18, 2018

Collaborate!

• Ease of use
  • Compatibility with many devices
  • Able to post different media
  • Ability to arrange into series
  • Navigation could be clearer
  • There could be more course-like structures built in
  • Embedding of links should be automatic- so they don’t go dead
Jess Hutton | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2017

Bloomfire Spreads Like Wildfire - It's That Good!

Pros and Cons

• The search function within Bloomfire is incredibly smart and intuitive to use. It not only recommends highly relevant posts and series, but also recommends team members with related expertise so you have a "people resource" to contact as well.
  • Bloomfire's interface is clean, simple, and highly customizable. I was able to set it up myself with very little HTML knowledge and minimal help from my onboarding coach.
  • The support team at Bloomfire is incredible. They listen to every idea, suggestion, and complaint; respond quickly; and are super clear in their communication. They also offer a customer-centric knowledge base through their own tool that's a great place to learn about your new software system.
  • Bloomfire met all of our technical requirements as well: it's compatible with SSO, housed in the cloud, has massive storage capabilities, and so on.
  • There's a built-in webcast/screencast recorder, and the system automagically transcribes any video you upload - this was a HUGE selling point for us! The ability to record on-screen demos and meetings and have a full transcript of each recording is unheard of in other KMS softwares.
  • There are a few areas where Bloomfire has frustrated my team: the WYSIWYG editor in Posts is a little clunky (doesn't use conventional keyboard shortcuts, etc.); the way the system handles snippets of code isn't up to my dev team's spec (but I keep reminding them it is a tool for Marketing and that's why they have Git); they are currently working on a beta version of the Post editor, and sometimes the legacy editor handles tasks better than the beta, and vice versa.
Read Jess Hutton's full review
Ralph Vanore | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2017

Why we use Bloomfire to support our staff and customers.

Pros and Cons

• The search feature is second to none. This was one of the primary reasons we went with BF. The categorization and tagging increases the ability to find documents quickly and accurately among the vast amount of information we have accessible.
  • The way BF handles the multiple file types and displays them beautifully for our customers and support staff is excellent. The ability to download and/or send links directly to this content is invaluable. No more storing it locally or having out of date documents circulating in the company. Everything is kept current on BF and all employees know this is their first stop when searching for a particular subject.
  • The mobile app is fantastic for providing all the same features of the browser version so our people can always have it at the ready.
  • When we create new documents and search for them immediately after they do not appear in the search but when you choose the "recent" filter they do. I have reported this to BF in the past but it has not been addressed yet.
  • Occasionally posts will become corrupted and literally disappear from the search altogether yet if you had a direct link to it this still works. Again I have reported this to BF for improvement.
  • User management, especially password reset requests seem to cause issues. Either the reset email is not received or the end user has trouble resetting it and almost always asks us, the admins, to assist. It would be good to have the ability to reset passwords on our own for the user.
  • Members cannot be deleted only deactivated. We would like to be able to purge the deactivated members and simplify our list of users.
Read Ralph Vanore's full review
Paul-David Marginean | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 02, 2017

Get all your processes in one place with Bloomfire!

Pros and Cons

• Easy to search. Bloomfire has a very nice built-in search engine, which allows you to search very efficiently what you are looking for. Whether you are searching for the title, tags, categories or even words in a post, Bloomfire will retrieve that post in the results, meaning that no one has to struggle to remember post titles.
  • The User Interface for posts. All posts are very easy to read, easy to cycle through, there's nothing else around the posts which drags your attention from them, which makes it perfect when you have to focus on just the post itself.
  • Adding pictures/videos. The new post builder makes it even easier for a post creator to add images and videos to the posts, which helps especially with the not-so-tech-savvy users that need to add a new post.
  • Home Page. The home page is not entirely customizable, which sometimes makes it a little bit dull, but it's definitely not something you cannot live with.
  • Recording videos. I found the process a bit tedious and there are also minor bugs in the process of saving the videos that will later be posted on Bloomfire. Things can be improved on this side.
Read Paul-David Marginean's full review
Nathan Hone | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2014

Fortune 200 Company Advocates Bloomfire

Pros and Cons

• It is extremely user friendly when it comes to creating and adding your own content. Those who are not so computer savvy were easily able to add their own financial knowledge to our Bloomfire server after only a 2-3 day class that taught them how.
  • Bloomfire had a very user friendly interface that was very important when training individuals. They were not as intimidated by the website because of its well organized, user friendly interface. I know this because I was told this by individuals that was I was training
  • Their support department worked exceptionally well with myself and my coworkers. Whenever there was an issue (and there were many) they had us on the phone and the issue resolved within a day or 2 of it being reported.
  • The video interface was missing some key ingredients at the time of my use. The ability to edit a screen capture without starting the entire process over again would be a huge plus.
  • I remember that when we had our seminars, sometimes individuals videos would be disconnected during an upload. This would result in the entire video (mostly screen capture tutorials) being lost and they would have to start from the beginning. People did not like that.
Read Nathan Hone's full review
June 22, 2016

Using Bloomfire for a focused group

Pros and Cons

• Very simple to record video. Extremely useful for showing how software is working.
  • Lots of ways to easily participate in discussions.
  • Personalization available for users so they can post a picture and pertinent info if they want to. But if they don't it still looks fine.
  • I really want to group things in the way I want them to display. The format is designed to be fluid which is not easy when you want control.
  • I'd like to be able to attach a document to a reply to a question but haven't figured that out.
  • I appreciate that it is a cloud application - but would like a little more control over when the interface is updated. I guess I'm a control freak!
March 31, 2014

Awesome knowledge sharing platform!

• Easy to set up.
  • Supports video and file types.
  • Public and private areas.
  • Ability to share knowledge internally and externally - we don't have to keep repeating or retraining.
  • Easy sharing of files, processes and "how tos".

About Bloomfire

Bloomfire is a sales enablement tool that is designed to put answers, best practices and marketing materials at a sales team’s fingertips. This solution enables users to post and share content in a number of formats from any cloud-based drive such as Google Drive or Dropbox.

The vendor’s value proposition, is that their solution helps sales teams spend less time searching for answers and more time contributing to the bottom line. Additionally, the vendor says, with Bloomfire, sales and partners will have access to the information that will help them close more deals, faster.

Bloomfire Features