Reviews (1-13 of 13)
- Control room - Finally a tool where you can schedule your process automation or run whenever it is needed
- It is worth saying that you can easily re-engineering and thorough understanding and re-use those applications that are already built. We can save time especially when processes to automate are similar.
- Blue Prism Intelligent RPA has been on the market for a long time and should be a leader; however, the trends show UiPath and Automation Anywhere are getting better.
- The layout of Blue Prism Intelligent RPA looks bit old fashion, and you might have a feeling you are using an MC VISO
If you want to start from the very beginning, it will be hard without professional support.
- The huge amount of processes available out of the box allows for all simple processes to be quickly automated, and more complex solutions are catered to.
- The process flow is very easy for a non-technical person to understand, for example, if a project manager wanted to see progress on automation, that manager could simply look at the flow and understand the process. It uses standard flow diagram icons that are easily distinguishable. This is in contrast to UiPath which can be more complex from merely glancing at it.
- Blue Prism already is an industry leader, clients are very eager to buy and implement despite its fairly high price.
- Blue Prism has no trial software, which meant I could not learn it in my spare time without a Fujitsu approved and paid license. This delayed my learning and lead me to pursue UiPath instead, which has a community free edition which is very powerful.
- The software looks like Windows 98 compared to slicker, newer software such as UiPath. This is not really an issue but visual appeal is very important, especially in pre-sales situations.
- If you haven't been strict with yourself with planning and laying out your process flow, it can get very messy very quickly. More forethought is needed to create a workflow vs. with competitors.
- Resource pooling is excellent.
- The control room, work queue management is an added strength to the Blue Prism tool.
- The release manager is also very good for deploying the packages in the new environment.
- It has the feature to identify the references for the used variables and the objects so while deploying the package it is easy to deploy without missing the important data.
- Scheduling, user management is simple to use and is very clear.
- Object handling can be improved more and instead of going through each and every object to find its functionality it is hard and only the experienced BP tool user can understand.
- The identification of the elements can be improved much more with having useful details in place instead of only using the Indexes for the elements.
- In the environment variables pane, they can add some grouping facility to divide the variables in the environment variables section.
- Can improve the calculation stage for doing string operations using the VB commands instead of using code and inbuilt native functions to save time.
- Data manipulation and handling is very easy and user friendly.
- Email handling is spot on and we are able to automate this task easily.
- It is considerably secure in handling sensitive data like credentials
- Costing is on the higher side.
- Object recognition could use a little improvement.
- It's almost there but If we could do away with almost any need for coding it'll be great.
- Graphical interface to analyze the code is well implemented
- Integration with .NET
- Increases the possibilities of performing large value of works
- Difficulty finding related documentation
- Does not have a trial version
- Does not have training courses
- BluePrism is one of the most powerful tools to automate (Top-3).
- The user interface that has the tool, apart from having a graphical part to analyze the code, is very well implemented.
- The possibility of developing code using .net language, which increases the possibilities of performing work in a large volume.
- Learning and use as a basic user is completely censored, which encourages the use of other tools that do have the possibility to do your first codes and test the tool without having to have previously paid for licenses.
- Very quick RPA tool.
- Cost effective to deploy versus traditional IT integration.
- Possibility of integration with several systems.
- Reliability in executions.
- Need database maintenances.
- Changes in downstream systems cause a bit of downtime.
- The major strength of Blue Prism is that it has load balancing, encryption, Audit, spying modes, etc.
- Dashboards can be configured in such a way that session details can be directed to external analytics.
- Many other excellent features, like automating Excel, XML, CSV, and PDFs, and with no need to write any code.
- I personally like the software developed in Java, as mainframe and Web-based applications can be easily automated.
- It is better to have functionalities for an attended ROBOT, but I am okay with that.
- Data types are constant only if we are using their special type of code block. I've had no other issues with Blue Prism operations.
- It would be better to have a free online "Advanced Training Program" for Blue Prism, apart from their certification program.
- Cloud services.
- One stop shop for all the process maps.
- Quite convenient to use.
- Alignments of activities as per will.
- Auto adjust the text size.
- Better color combinations.
- Tasks that you attach to an activity (robot task, etc.) are all inside the box, and ideally should be placed on the brink of the box or outside.
- Blue Prism is the best application to create the automation solution manual compared to other companies. Because it has a wide range of elements and functions to choose which can do all wonderful things.
- It has a developer friendly debugging feature.
- Citrix automation is really good in Blue Prism. Easy compared other tools.
- Client server architecture is much better with Blue Prism than other tools.
- Easy to install and infrastructure set up.
- It's pretty easy to discuss the Blue Prism terminology with business users as they like the code which is represented by the flow chart.
- Connectivity issues between the app server and runtime machines is bad at time and needs improvement.
- Blue Prism lags in terms of AI. There is no AI in version 4 or 5, which most people are still using as far as I'm aware. To be fair, they do have AI in version 6. But still, it's lagging I feel.
- The License is very costly I feel and sometimes few organization's just hesitate to migrate just by looking into the cost.
The core team which works on implementation is from a department but the processes or bots are developed for all processes which are identified as a good RPA use case in the whole organization.
We as a team are identifying and automating processes for the different lines of businesses. For all the LOBs the agenda is same - that automate the processes which do not need much human intelligence and which are driven by the ruleset. We have succeeded in few and we have seen better performance and cost savings and reliability.
- Blue Prism portal provides lots of information and study materials to learn the technology. Moreover, Blue Prim's support and knowledge center provides lots of help. You can easily learn the tool by yourself if you have some basic understanding of coding and IT. Even business users can learn the tool by themselves. You don't need the coding skills of any particular language like Java to be a master in Blue Prism.
- 100 % accuracy can be achieved in automaton/processes if you develop the code/flow as required and rulesets are decoded properly.
- Easy to install and set up infrastructure. Blue Prism provided many objects and inbuilt functionalities.
- It is easy to discuss the Blue Prism terminology with business users as they like the code which is represented the flow chart.
- OCR and surface automation still needs a lot of work. These features make the process fail unless handled and developed very carefully.
- Connectivity issues between the app server and runtime machines. Sometimes it's really difficult to debug and find the root cause.
- Official Blue Prism training and certification is hard to get. [If] you are not working with one of Blue Prism's business partner it's hard to get the training and Blue Prism portal access.
- I am not directly impacted by this but I am aware that the Blue Prism license is very costly and sometimes few organization just hesitate to migrate just by looking into the cost.
- Blue Prism is well suited in most of the automation use cases but recommended when there is necessity of web services calls or enhanced security in the processes.
- Not recommended if you are looking for an option where bots need to auto scale based on usage or if your organisation is interested in hardware integration with virtualization tools like Horizon.
- Visual interface for ease of programming.
- Debugging is very easy.
- Automatic logging mechanism.
- Built-in queue concept.
- While reading captcha, errors are high.
- No ticket raising feature for automation and environment challenges.
- Citrix automation reliability is less.
- Leverage key building blocks across the enterprise
- Stability of the platform
- Ease of learning
- Does not have inbuilt OCR
- Platform is still evolving with bugs in the previous version
- User base is there but lacks a solid user community
Blue Prism Intelligent RPA Scorecard Summary
About Blue Prism Intelligent RPA
Blue Prism Intelligent RPA can automate and perform mission critical processes, designed to allow users the freedom to focus on more creative, meaningful work. According to the vendor, more than 1,000 major enterprise customers leverage Blue Prism's digital workforce, empowering their employees to automate billions of transactions while returning hundreds of millions of hours of work back to the business.
The vendor reports that Blue Prism pioneered Robotic Process Automation (RPA), emerging as the trusted and secure intelligent automation choice for the Fortune 500 and public-sector market. It is a connected-RPA supported by the Digital Exchange (DX) app store—combining internal entrepreneurship with the power of crowdsourced innovation.
Blue Prism Intelligent RPA Competitors
Blue Prism Intelligent RPA Technical Details