Reviews (1-4 of 4)
JDA as a retail suite offers many solutions. Each line of business uses a corresponding product, and our client was using JDA Purchase order management, warehousing and demand fulfillment. JDA helps to plan the product demands for futures, manage purchase orders, vendors and stores. It also takes care of internal store transfers and manages warehouse stocks.
- Easy to understand - Business users can easily understand the product for their daily operations.
- Good GUI - A nice interface makes it easy to map things and work quickly.
- Customization - As product buyer, I have the option to customize the solutions per my needs.
- Efficiency - At times the response time to retrieve the data from DB could be improved.
- Cheaper pricing - can provide some concession with the pricing.
- Training - JDA could offer more free training programs.
JDA is good to handle the overall operations of a retail life cycle. I feel JDA is very good at order management, tax invoicing and rebating. Also good at on-demand fulfillment and forecasting. JDA offers customization which helps any business tailor it as they need by simply adding some UI elements and stored procedures.
Read this authenticated review
JDA support is doing well but needs improvement in terms providing solutions. They could offer more documentation and training programs.
JDA is currently being used throughout our Distribution Center, Corporate Office and Headquarters. It allows us to search inventory throughout the company and build product information.
- Inventory searches
- Building product information
- The system itself could use some upgrades
- There are often delays when moving throughout the system
- If you're trying to do a large amount of things at one time, it can freeze
It perfect for utilizing inventory search across the company allowing associates to check other stores for merchandise. It also makes building product information easier.
Read Melinda Saternis's full review
It's still an older system which could use some updating.
October 17, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
JDA software is used for Transportation Management, Logistics Procurement, and Data Analytics for strategic decision making as related to those modules used. It was implemented globally as a transparent global logistics solution. It has given insight into the alignment of scenarios that would optimize shipping lanes to consolidate volume. It better aligns the customer service experience contributing visibility to shipment status and proactively serving customer service expectations.
- Great customer facing implementation team.
- Predictable and communicated improvement processes.
- Constant roll out of new features with a strong SIG committee.
- At times they appear strained on the development side of the house.
- At times they are to slow at issue resolution even when higher priority, which can impede the business process.
- Support team is across the pond so reactivity is at times less than expected.
This is a great logistics tool. The data analytics portion of the SaaS solution is somewhat light and the out of box reporting is at times not relevant to the report. This requires heavy customization as an enhancement and can get very pricey if the reporting module is not vetted prior to implementation.
Read this authenticated review
The support team is overseas and the time zone differences can delay reactivity. The development team appears to overturn annually causing gaps in understanding of pending deliverables. There is also a learning curve that impedes expedited delivery of requested enhancements.
We use JDA warehouse management in our 3PL facilities. Some facilities require a WMS, while others in our network do not as some are light manufacturing rather than warehousing. In the locations where we use JDA WMS, all employees are engaged with and highly utilize the system. We use JDA WMS to manage our inventory and transactions in those facilities.
- JDA WMS is highly configurable to handle any of our customers' requirements. These configurations do not require customization work, rather setting up the system to allow for customer needs such as processing and reporting.
- JDA WMS can handle high volumes of transactions well.
- JDA WMS has a robust and great integration layer which allows for data transfer inbound and outbound from the system.
- JDA WMS is a pricy solution compared to other WMS vendors. Perhaps they should offer "lighter" versions for smaller customers.
- JDA acquired RedPrairie a few years ago, and in doing so, has lost some of their "small company" support and customer care.
- Although integration and label printing are strong features of JDA WMS, they require expertise to set up. It would be nice if those aspects of the system were easier to manage.
Read Dan Black's full review
JDA WMS is a tier 1 solution for warehousing environments. Due to its price, it may not be suitable for smaller operations. Since the system allows for multiple clients, and since my company is a 3PL, JDA WMS works well for 3PL providers.
Blue Yonder Luminate Planning (formerly JDA SCM) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Blue Yonder Luminate Planning (formerly JDA SCM)?
Luminate Planning from Blue Yonder headquartered in Scottsdale (formerly JDA Software Group) leverages a digital twin foundation to intelligently predict potential problems and opportunities, offer machine learning-based recommendations for action, and pivot production, inventory, and labor plans to minimize risk. It is an SCM platform that supports demand planning and inventory optimization, as well as production planning and supply network design, and replenishment.
Blue Yonder Luminate Planning (formerly JDA SCM) Technical Details