We used BlueConic mainly for CRM acquisition as well as short-term merchandising on promotions and website messaging.
- Easy to use interface for programming overlays on websites and digital properties.
- Great customer success help at every turn - they were there to help out at any turn.
- The software impact was instant and didn't require IT/code pushes - which made launching targeted offers simple in a pinch.
- The site absobtion for our product categories and subcategories made campaign targeting easy and simple. The software is open-ended and can be personalized to pretty much any business model.
- The software was a bit glitchy at times and the beta products were launched a little too prematurely. I didn't feel like it was tested thoroughly and caused headaches at times.
- Qualifying the product was and is still probably hard for them. They could easily be confused as testing software (which it works well for) but their go-to-market is personalization... which I don't believe is their strength. It's more like a "real-time Ecomm optimization".
- Their connections with other providers was left a little more desirable. Would love to have seen them have more connections into CRM that the 4-5 they offered.
We're using BlueConic to create a centralized database of our users that is accessible to all of our other marketing tools.
- BlueConic's technology and interface is second to none. They excel at taking potentially difficult tasks and making them easy for users to accomplish without having to stretch the platform's limits or reach out to customer support.
- The way BlueConic integrates with websites almost seems like magic; by placing a single tag you're able to track almost everything and deploy website personalization.
- BlueConic releases frequent updates to the platform, like new integrations to other platforms and different tools for tracking data.
- Right now, there's no ability to view metadata about the profile data, such as date created or updated, which would be a very valuable benefit.
- In order to track the necessary data, you sometimes have to get creative with the profile attributes part of the tool, which can become a tangled mess if you're not careful.
- Segments users by unique "listeners" you the user set up.
- Captures data in real-time.
- Easy to use your data easily once its been captured. You can use it for ad-targeting, surveys, etc.
- Their customer service team and engineers are awesome. You have an idea? They'll make it a reality...
- They should have the ability to port data beyond O&O properties. This is likely more complex than I make it seem, but a deal w/ a DMP to be able to do so would likely solve the issue.
- Could have some more "out of the box" APIs.
- WOuld be great if they had in-house consultants that could come and help set-up best practices with your other existing partnerships (this would be a HUGE ask though; places like Salesforce charge thousands for such services).
BlueConic Scorecard Summary
BlueConic is a customer data platform that is designed to harness the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
BlueConic Technical Details