Reviews (1-25 of 163)
- Connection is Easy: I have used other similar platforms where connecting to a meeting was not always intuitive, making it a frustrating process.
- Recording: I like that I can set a meeting to auto-record because I often will forget that the meeting is to be recorded. I also appreciate that BlueJeans sends a link to the recording almost immediately after the web meeting is over.
- Share Screen: I often need to share my screen during a meeting, and I like that this feature is easy to use and thus far has been reliable.
- Gallery View: I would like to be able to control the number of people shown in the gallery view. I realized this just yesterday. I am telecommuting because of COVID-19, and my weekly staff meeting was held in BlueJeans. There are only 12 of us, but because of this setting, I could only see 9 of us at a time.
- Chat: I am not aware of a way to save chat dialog. While running a meeting, I don't always have the opportunity to read the comments; therefore, having the chat saved would be beneficial.
- Breakout Rooms: I believe the breakout rooms are recorded, but I'm not sure if the content within the rooms is also saved. Having this feature would be helpful.
- Background: An option to create a faux background.
- BlueJeans works great for meetings. I like the various settings that I can control (start meeting without me; set participants to mute upon entry; auto record, etc.). What I don't like here is the inability to show more than 9 people onscreen in the Gallery View.
- BlueJeans does not seem to be as appropriate for synchronous and asynchronous teaching. I believe the features that are available (annotate, whiteboard, etc.) can be enhanced by allowing the participants to control one or the other. For example, if I wanted to "send a student to the board" to work a problem, I don't believe the current version of BlueJeans allows me to do that. I have generally used Blackboard Collaborate for teaching purposes because I believe they have a well-developed platform that works for instructors delivering content remotely.
The most helpful thing is that you can even take calls from your cellphone with a quick dial, no need to be on a computer or in front of a screen.
- The screen sharing feature, great for tutorials or webinars with all foreign teams.
- Also, chat has been helpful, and certainly, the Google Calendar and SalesForce integration that allows to have every single thing tracked is great!
- Love that there is no limit for people logged into and also that it's easy to use from TV or almost every device.
- Sometimes the connection is unstable when dialing via phone number.
- It's not clear for me or my colleagues who are the admin and how to start a meeting as the admin. What's the difference between each roll?
- I think most clients don't realize its always the same ID for my meetings, not sure how we could make that more clear.
- It enables face to face discussions, which are important for reading body language.
- There is no complicated setup so anyone can use it.
- It's immediate, and you can start a meeting immediately.
- I'd like to be able to arrange the small pictures of other participants around the screen.
Occasionally, some customer's IT departments won't allow Bluejeans.
- Mobile App is pretty easy to use, and I like the low bandwidth feature when I'm driving.
- Plain dial-in phone conference is easy/simple to use.
- Nice company colors
- The customer experience for OUR customers is terrible; customers constantly wind up joining late because they get prompted to download the app and can't figure out the setup.
- It's annoying to be prompted to give a 1-5 star rating EVERY single time I end a meeting.
- Excellent Video quality - Makes VC’s realistic as if you are in the same room
- Excellent audio quality
- Adapts well to different audio and video options, whether I am using a headset, speaker, Bluetooth speakers, etc. it gives you options to connect.
- Use on multiple devices such as iPhone iPad laptop.
- I can’t think of anything except that it would be good to add a link in the calendar from the iPad, but I think that is an iPad thing.
- BlueJean's connection control is fantastic. It keeps you in the loop if there are poor connections, who is available, who is speaking, etc.
- It's easy for anyone to join a meeting regardless of their tech setups. They have a great app that can be downloaded, or you can share a URL that easily allows anyone to join. Many of the other tools in this space have issues with the initial setup
- The BlueJeans interface is well thought out. It continually provides relevant tips for the tasks you are trying to accomplish. If you are speaking but on mute, it will ask if you are trying to talk to the group. Whether you are using the volume on a headset or your computer or dialing in on a phone line, it does a great job of letting you know the option you chose and the ways to change to another option if you want
- I would like the option that when you are one of few sharing your video that your video wouldn't take up the entire screen for everyone else, just a small screen would be great.
- The chat window can get overlooked at times. A more prominent notification when someone messages would be helpful.
- When you close the meeting, you lose links, chat messages. Not sure how but having a way to get back to those (without needed to record the session) would be a nice feature.
- Camera and voice quality is fantastic.
- Ease of access and ability to copy link to meeting.
- Ability to record is a great feature.
- Meeting Room dial in capability i.e. non-user specific dial in required.
- Sometimes can be buggy (especially around update time) where it logs in and out.
- Experienced some challenges with integration with my Outlook calendar.
- Clear means of communicating.
- Real time
- Ease of use
- Seamless integration with MS Office Outlook.
- The share option.
- Annotation while on the call isn’t great. Need more options for user-friendly ways to annotate or sketch especially for engineering discussions.
- Presentation mode with 2 LCD screens. A laptop with an additional monitor is a major challenge as sharing doesn’t work often with 2 LCDs.
- The UI is pretty easy to navigate.
- Integration with the Microsoft Suite is easy - One button click to add it to your meeting.
- Background noise is often picked up and makes call quality just alright.
- Some users have difficulty sharing their screen and it will crash the program.
- Calls and video conferences provided by BlueJeans are of high quality. Excellent is also a mobile application for people which are temporarily in terrain.
- Recording of calls is extremely useful.
- A mobile application could be better optimized for scheduling calls. At the time schedule calendar is not visible there.
- When using Polycom end devices, there are sometimes problems when sharing the computer screen by connecting computer to Polycom. Sometimes one has to play around before it starts to work.
- Stable video conferencing solution
- Multi-platform (including room solutions) support
- Easy to set up custom rooms for meetings
- CPU load seems excessive on laptops (noticeable resource hogging)
- Accessing video recordings of meetings a little clunky
- Integration with Google Calendars
- The quality of the calls.
- Information about who is in the call and how.
- Plan concurrent meetings with the same ID.
- PIN for moderators. I think it is important to have them but I have been in many calls where we could not go ahead because the moderator is not there. It is a bit frustrating, it should be easier to have meetings without PINs or allow others to own the meeting as well. Most of our meetings should not need a moderator PIN.
- Whiteboard: It is not very easy to use, I have worked with other whiteboards that are more intuitive.
- Very easy to manage video conference calls meetings and a very good interface to have all the information we need.
- Very good quality for screen sharing in a bit more interactive session.
- I think it needs some work and user experience thinking for more collaborative sessions, like using the whiteboard or even other options that other products on the market have.
- Recording the meetings
- Working in low network coverage
- Single click to login
- Save previous frequent meeting IDs instead of searching the link.
- Pop up the application automatically on the meeting time.
- Very easy to start up and navigate throughout the meetings.
- Screen sharing is a strong point.
- Very user friendly, trusted and I love the collaboration effectiveness
- Its also very colorful and I love the startup, 'Welcome to BlueJeans'
- More interactive training sessions to attract more users.
- Allowing the participants of a meeting more control.
- The ability to have large scale meetings (200+ participants)
- More interactive training for new users
- BlueJeans is well-suited for not only the well in-advanced scheduled meetings but also for the quickly needed meetings that can save a lot of time, travel, and money. I love the start-up feature when I have the meetings connected to my video system.
- The only scenario where it can be less appropriate is when the client is unable to use BlueJeans as a means of videoconferencing.
- With today's endemic going on BlueJeans is needed for companies that continue to do business remotely.
- Also can be used for social distancing as a tool to connect with relatives and friends.
I have only used BlueJeans Events once, but it did enhance the possibility of having more streamlined events soon for my organization. With improved bandwidth, I believe that this product would not only be flawless but also will be an enormously extravagant experience for people/companies that use it.
With today's social distancing involved the Event platform in my organization can be used as a tool to provide updates and address its employees using quality video.
- Memorable name.
- Sends out calendar invites automatically.
- Remembers previously used email addresses.
- Unstable. If I as host lose connection, everyone gets dropped.
- Poor information included. No confirming of date/time in outreach emails, time zone info not included.
- Support is poor. They mean well, but don't know very much. I've pointed stuff out to them.
- Easily add it into a meeting invite
- Ability to record session
- Quality of meeting is good
- Most companies do not utilize and think they need to download an application
- Sometimes companies are not able to launch application because it's blocked from a security standpoint.
- Sometimes BlueJeans just doesn't launch or work properly.
It's harder to use for outside meetings and events because external companies have a difficult time launching the application, don't want to download program, or security settings are blocking them from doing so.
- Ease of connecting - conferencing equipment on rooms display scheduled meetings, and they can be joined with a single tap.
- Screen sharing through URL - when in a room, you can generate a URL so that guests can share their screens without the need to set up a conference.
- Phone app offers an online and offline connections - you can use your data or voice plan to join a meeting.
- Landline numbers are wrong or unresponsive sometimes.
- When a temporary conference number is created for a specific meeting, and it's rescheduled, sometimes it expires and impacts the start of the meetings.
- The audio management compared with other platforms is great.
- It is easy to connect and share meetings.
- It integrates well with other platforms and the general user experience is good.
- It happens with all these apps. They try to install their app, but when we interact with external clients, this process is a bit annoying depending on the user on the other end.
- It could be more integrated into our systems. It finally requires additional effort to set every meeting compared with other tools
- It is not always clear how screen sharing works, but after some time you get used to it.
- It integrates well with my outlook 365 so it is easy to set calls.
- I had no connectivity problems, and nobody had a problem connecting to one of my calls.
- It is easy to use
- Maybe there is another way to do it but to share my contact information and Dial-In, I have to go to the website. I'd love to do it on my desktop app.
- It could be more integrated into our ecosystem. It finally feels like any other app that does the job, but I have to make an effort to incorporate it into every meeting.
- Maybe the screen sharing UX could be more clear, but once I got use to it, it was fine.
- BlueJeans is excellent for calls that include people from other organizations. It makes it easy to connect and collaborate.
- If I have to call my team, I usually use Teams (Microsoft), it is much more convenient.
BlueJeans Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.
It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
BlueJeans Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
BlueJeans Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, German, French|