Reviews (1-3 of 3)
BMC Atrium CMDB fills the gap that all other competitors try to fulfill. The in-depth detailing and foresight of building the whole encompassing solution is mind boggling to say the least. The ability to track/monitor/maintain millions of objects in a vastly growing CMDB is a challenge not to left to the amateurs...it's a job for the
- Atrium CMDB integration with Remedy and SmartIT are great! It's very simple to select an asset which is affected by a work ticket.
- The storage capacity of information which can be saved into the CMDB is vast. It's not limited to IT based assets only.
- The vast ability of storage of an asset in the CMDB. While it is a great feature, it is also an area of potential catastrophe. It is akin to only driving a basic automatic car for years and then being put into the seat of an Formula 1 racer. If you don't know what you're doing, better prepare for disaster.
- To utilize any advanced features of the Atrium CMDB, you'll want to look into some sort of training. Otherwise, you will have a large mess to clean up and getting rid of a mess of this size and potential magnitude is a large undertaking.
- Managing computer systems & components
- Associating costs and financial data
- Associating Incidents, Changes, Problems, Releases, etc
- Normalizing and Reconciliation Engine
- Better financial systems, depreciation, chargebacks, etc
- Easier time to customize the forms
Manual updates however, are less suited. I heard that a computer manufacturer used Remedy to help track each component that is used in their computer manufacturing process. However, without an iron tight process, the chance of failure would be high and this would be a highly manual process.
BMC CMDB Scorecard Summary
About BMC CMDB
BMC CMDB Technical Details