Reviews (1-3 of 3)
May 11, 2020
Score 6 out of 10
We moved to BMC Remedy as ITSM tool from in-house tools in order to meet the scaling of the business. Till then we did not have a full fledge ITAM tool. Since BMC Helix Client Management Tool integrates readily with BMC Remedy, we decided to go with this tool for major asset inventory purpose. This is being used by the whole organisation for ITAM purpose.
Read this authenticated review
This tool will work the best in homogeneous environment where systems are running on Windows OS. In heterogeneous environment like ours where we have Windows, Linux and OS X operating systems, roll out and integration will be a challenge since not all the systems will have accessibility from a common credential.
April 14, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
We use BMC Client Management for computer imaging, patch management, asset management and software deployment. It allows us a high level of control over the patching process which is extremely important in a manufacturing environment. It is our go to system to automate all asset processes and has allowed us to reduce computer replacement time, speed software deployment and help with asset planning.
- Easy to use
- Easy to upgrade
- Highly flexible without customization
- Great community/support
- Patch management provides the flexibility to deploy patches using a test to production methodology. It also allows us to customize restart actions which helps with compliance but eases disruption to the business.
- Computer imaging and software deployment work together to improve speed to delivery.
- Financial asset management is very useful providing all of the information we need to support our PC replacement process.
- Reporting can be challenging
- Advanced features like image deployment lack detailed documentation
- Would like to see the addition of flexible field names, especially to financial asset management.
Read Edward Kraft's full review
Well suited for medium to large business that are looking to manage assets, deploy software automatically and need a high level of control over patching. Less appropriate for smaller businesses where fewer computers can be easily managed by hand or with freely available tools.
We use BMC Client Management for remote access, OS program deployment, patch management, and compliance management. it is a very big time saver on patching systems. you can set it and let it go. The Compliance module has help our compliance officer find, identify, and remediate, shortfalls in our practices.
- Simple interface
- Easy to navigate around
- It would be nice if it were possible to export search results
- Schedule my reports to automatically, run at intervals of my choosing with the results either emailed or dumped to disk as a CSV
- Easy report writing
Read John Leach's full review
Patch Management and software deployment. Needs a little help with reporting.
BMC Helix Client Management Scorecard Summary
About BMC Helix Client Management
BMC Helix Client Management provides comprehensive, automated endpoint management, delivering great service to end users while minimizing cost, maintaining compliance, and reducing security risk. It replaces the now EoL BMC BladeLogic Client Automation platform. The software automatically deploys patches and updates patch bulletins.
Categories: Desktop Management
BMC Helix Client Management Technical Details