BounceX Reviews

Laura LeMond | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

SMB's Beware! An expensive option for email capture

We are using BounceX across our entire company. They help us capture and re-target emails of potential customers.
  • Solid account management
  • Good email capture and onsite experiences
  • Monthly cost too expensive for SMB's
  • Not competitive in features
We are a small to mid-sized business (SMB) and I am one of the original weighted blanket companies, I created the Mosaic Weighted Blanket in 2012. Last year I had a recent college grad working for me in a digital media role and he recommended BounceX. BounceX has solid account management, good email capture, and onsite experiences and retargets high intent customers. But, BounceX is an expensive option that works better for large companies. We are locked into a year contract with no flexibility and it’s the most expensive option available on the web for email retargeting. Look carefully at the contract before you sign... they want six months of fees upfront and at $6K per month, it’s too much cost for many smaller online retailers. Many things can change in a year and as a smaller online retailer, I feel that we need scalability. I pretty much typify the small business retailer. The BounceX contract offers no flexibility. We have since had companies offer us better solutions at a third of the price, but we are locked into for another six months.

Also, there are new offerings in the market that have Business Intelligence insights on customers that aren’t available with BounceX. I wish I had made a better choice at the time. Beware if you buy from them: you are in for a year, too expensive for the offering and they offer no solutions for you to manage the process/tool at a discounted rate. I will not renew my contract, that’s for sure.
Beware if you buy from them you are committed for a year. It is too expensive for the offering and they offer no solutions for you to manage the process/tool at a discounted rate. Will not renew my contract, that’s for sure.
Read Laura LeMond's full review
March 12, 2020

Money Maker

We use BounceX to collect visitor email addresses, identify customers across the online landscape, market to them offsite, and increase conversion rate insight.
  • Collect email addresses
  • Identify visitors across device and channel
  • Impact consumer behavior via email and browser push
  • Reduce exit rate on site
  • Self service content management
Growing email database
Decreasing email opt out
Increase demand per customer
Phil Irvine | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2019

Current Email and Onsite User - Great Results Thus Far

We are currently using BounceX in a variety of capacities right now. We leverage them to remarket to customers who have visited the site or left items in their cart through email. Additionally, BounceX is helping us to capture emails on our site which has been helping us to build our lists. Lastly, we partner with them to surface a few onsite experiences to help drive urgency to purchase within our customer base.
  • Personalization in email - they have a great ability to surface products in email directly tied to what a past customer was browsing on the site
  • Great account management and fast turnaround times to address evolving needs we have
  • Very robust site experience capabilities to accommodate a lot of different use cases
  • Although they are great with dessigning and deploying emails, updates and enhancements is limited in some cases
  • I believe a huge opportunity is allow access to browsing and purchase behaviors collected from customers
I think BounceX is a natural fit for direct to consumer eCommerce companies like the Bouqs. Their capabilities are naturally aligned with companies looking to optimize their website experience at all funnel stages for customers. I would also add it makes a lot of sense for companies that are resource constrained to build out their email programs and site enhancements.
Read Phil Irvine's full review
August 03, 2018

Possibly best in class; room for growth and improvement but very happy

[It's being used by] one department (specifically the marketing team) for email capture, new account creation, and prospect/returning customer activation via behavioral email sends. It's also being used for messages/on-site experiences to nudge customers further down-funnel.
  • Email capture
  • Email retargeting for high-intent customers
  • On-site experiences
  • Flexibility with iterating versions of behavioral email sequences - currently running into some issues with emails being inflexible when we think we have room to grow
  • Designing emails within brand standards
  • Identifying new areas for intent nurturing and improvement without making a site seem too cluttered
BounceX is well suited if you want to boost list/customer base growth, but a tricky aspect of it for me is that I don't know the benefit smaller companies would get from BounceX to accelerate growth without having an existing customer base.

a/b experiment testing (2)
Mobile app testing (1)
Dynamic experiment activation (1)
Standard visitor segmentation (1)
Behavioral visitor segmentation (1)
Traffic allocation control (1)
Website personalization (1)
Results segmentation (1)

About BounceX

BounceX calls itself a people-based marketing cloud. It includes behavior-based personalization capabilities for website content, email, and other channels.

BounceX Technical Details