Score 8.4 out of 10

What is Box?

Box is an online cloud content management solution that caters to individual users as well as businesses.

BOX review

December 27, 2022

Pricey

March 02, 2022

• File sync, storage & archiving (34)
    9.2
  • Content search & retrieval (33)
  • Security, risk management & information governance (34)
  • Mobile support (34)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Box, and make your voice heard!

Starter

Business

Business Plus

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.box.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month per user (minimum of 3 users)

Product Demos

Box: Simplify how you work
02:25
Box Tips For Remote Work
06:40

Features

Enterprise Content Management

Features related to managing business content and transactional content for enterprises.

8.7Avg 8.4

What is Box?

Box provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention. Box aims to help people work securely from anywhere, and integrates with business tech stacks across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps. According to the vendor, Box is used by 100K+ of the world’s leading organizations, including AstraZeneca, JLL, and Nationwide. Founded in 2005, Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Box Features

• Supported: Integration

• Supported: Secure e-signatures
  • Supported: Unlimited e-signatures

Box Screenshots

Screenshot of In the Content Cloud, you get a single, secure, easy-to-use platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to editing, signature, and retention.Screenshot of Keep your files safe with cloud-native security and compliance capabilities like granular access controls, watermarking, and classification. Stay proactive with Box Shield’s machine learning and the ability to set policies that detect threats.Screenshot of Power secure collaboration from anywhere with a central workspace to edit, review, and assign tasks.Screenshot of Integrate your tech stack across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps.Screenshot of Get e-signatures right where your content lives in Box. Power a simple, seamless signing experience for critical business documents like sales contracts and offer letters.Screenshot of Create workflows in minutes, so you spend more time on what matters most.Screenshot of

Box Videos

Learn how Box simplifies the way you work
Watch Box tips and tricks for working remotely

Box Integrations

Box Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesBengali (India), Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (UK), English (Australia), English (Canada), Finnish, French (France), French (Canada), German (Germany), Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish

Box starts at $7.

Dropbox, Egnyte, and Google Drive are common alternatives for Box.

Reviewers rate Integration highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Box are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

December 27, 2022

BOX review

Ragul Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is very useful to share the file across the clients & team mates in a easy way and we can store so much in cloud in different folder and easy to share cloud version. And we can download the cloud version in a easy way.
  • Sharing files is very easy
  • We can segregate the file and structure them in a folder
  • we can revise file uploaded in cloud and it will show version history also
  • Online editing need to improve more
  • The online file format is different from downloaded one
The revision history is very useful so we can see how many revision are done
Leon Prather II, CTS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is yet another entry into the cloud storage and sharing space for me. I have used it extensively for file sharing thanks to its simple interface and standalone apps. Media files, PDF documents, and other files have been a breeze to share within Box, and I appreciate the flexibility.
  • File organization
  • Interface simplicity
  • Box notes
  • analytics for file viewing
  • more integrations with project management tools
If you need to create a wiki-style reference for a team, this can be very useful. Box notes are a great way to do this, and links to your files make for rich content. One use might be to think of Box Notes as README files like the ones that accompany software applications.
Innsu (Daniel) Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mainly used to store larger files that I need for work and to collaborate with co-workers.
All of my main work files are stored in Box, so I can access it from any computer if necessary.
I also make and edit project-level files as needed, as well as reports and other relevant files.
  • Centralize files and data
  • Enables collaboration within company
  • Flexibility with local drive
  • Secure access
  • Sync can be a little buggy
  • Troubleshooting is not very intuitive
- Daily scenarios, such as saving and editing work files that I work on
- Requesting for other workers to review my work and to edit as necessary
- Forgetting to bring my work laptop somewhere and being able to access important files without worrying about carrying my work laptop around everywhere
- Accessing files from my mobile device in situations when I am not able to access my work laptop
We use Box to store our sales collateral, agreements, videos, etc., which allows us to collaborate with one another regardless of whether we're in the same office or on the other side of the world. I believe their tagline is "Access your data anywhere, anytime, and from any device," and that's the truth. As long as you have Internet connectivity you have access to everything stored in Box, and if you know you're going to be somewhere without Internet, you can download what you'll need ahead of time by dragging it into your quick access folder. It's a fantastic platform, and although we're a very small company, I can easily see how a company with hundreds of employees could securely share files and collaborate in real-time.
  • Strong security in the cloud
  • Large storage limits
  • Real-time collaboration with co-workers from anywhere
  • For how we use it it's fine. I don't have any suggestions for improvement.
Box is great for secure file sharing and collaboration. However, it's not an appropriate solution to be used as an end-point back-up solution.
Ehud Lehavi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Weve been using Box to share information with external vendors. Its mostly been used by myself and people in quality who needs to be sharing documents with external providers without providing access to our company shared drives.
  • Simple and easy interface
  • Good permission control
  • Solid security measures
  • Design really resembles other similar programs...
  • The desktop sync version and MS word sync functions are a bit slow
For my needs, they are satisfactory. No better or worst than competitors. I have used them for sharing information with out-of-organization users, people had no problem accessing files on Box. The only thing is that people are less familiar with Box than its competitors.
March 02, 2022

Pricey

Ashish Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
axaxaxaxaxax Our app integrations let you open, edit, and save files without leaving Box, so your teams can get their best work done. Wherever files are created, accessed, or edited — from Microsoft to Google and Zoom to Salesforce — Box gives you one place to access and manage them all.
  • Share stuff
  • Data privacy
  • That's it
  • asdasdasf
  • gadgargreh
  • UI
Don't know
Rimsha Kevorkian | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is used in my department and across my organization for every activity, which has to do with securely saving work files in the cloud. I find Box easy to use, regardless of my desired medium of access; whether it is a mobile phone, desktop, windows, or iOS. Asides from file storage, which is our primary use for Box, we also use Box for collaboration and minor workflow automation activity.
  • Secured data storage
  • File security
  • Workflow automation
  • Content collaboration
  • Offline capability is almost non-existent on Box.
File storage, workflow automation, file security, and collaboration are major activities I use Box for, in the course of my day-to-day activities in the workplace. I can confidently say that Box is appropriate for all of the aforementioned activities.
I use Box to save all forms of data. I need to be able to work effectively in the workplace on a day to day basis. I find Box easy to use and convenient to access across a variety of platforms, regardless of my operating system or computer device type. In regards to my entire organization, Box is used in the same way as mentioned above, while also used for team based collaboration and for streamlining minor workflow processes in select departments.
  • Version history
  • Secured file storage
  • File synchronization across multiple devices in real-time.
  • I am absolutely okay with what Box provides me. I used it in my last organization and in my current as well and my experience has been same and positive.
I am very satisfied with Box vast integration capability, especially with third party cloud infrastructural platforms. Box also does a good job in the areas of secured file storage, version history, data synchronization, and collaboration. Overall for me, Box does everything I want from a file storage platform.
Nodjialem Cano | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my organization at the moment, Box is the official medium via which we can access day to day needed files from just about anywhere. I have found it to be secured, easy to use across a variety of platforms and it helps in promoting collaboration between individuals and teams, across my company.
  • Secured collaboration
  • Secured file storage
  • Smooth integration with third party business applications
  • Completely satisfied with my overall Box experience.
Box provides me and my colleagues in my organization, with top grade file security and end to end data protection for data we share within the Box platform. The aforementioned is obviously the major reason we deployed Box. Asides the above, Box does a good job as well in aspects such as collaborations, improved productivity via integration with third party applications, electronic signatures amongst other uses.
I use Box for sending requests for reviews of my project files. I get requests to create designs for website pages. Upon creation of pages, I send various versions of designs for approvals. I am trying to minimize communications by sending files via Box platform to the project team. I use Box for sending content documents as well along with design files.
  • I think box has a good price than some other vendors.
  • It helps me updating designs based on comments received from team.
  • It helps me minimize communication for getting approvals.
  • It will be helpful to get a real time collaboration within files from Box community.
Box is great for communication. Helps getting approvals from team via sending and sharing design files. It has good sharing options to share files with other colleagues. It works quickly to upload files and other type of documents. Inviting a friend using a link is easier. Would be great to have real time collaboration functionality.
Box currently helps my company solve all concerns, around security of sensitive files we save in the cloud, accessibility of critical content by anyone across my organization and collaboration, to aid productivity across teams and departments. I have used this tool since the first day I joined my organization and I am absolutely satisfied by the quality of file security, the high level data encryption which Box employs and of course the level of seamless productivity Box brings into the workflow process in my company.
  • Real-time secured collaboration
  • File security
  • Multi-platform accessibility
  • None. Box has provided me with everything I expect to get from a secured file storage provider.
When organizations and teams adopt a file storage platform for use, with their in-house workflow processes, I tend to think that a great deal of time and attention is paid to the level of file and data security. Box completely addresses the above. Coming from previous organizations where we used other alternative tools, Box is on another level when it comes to enterprise-level security.
Primarily, Box is being used for saving our work and official files securely in the cloud, from where we can access them across teams and departments. Of course, beyond file storage, Box also helps to address vital work related activity in the area of electronic signature and workflow automation, in departments outside of mine. However, in my department, we have used Box mainly for storage purposes.
  • Secured file storage.
  • Collaboration.
  • Workflow automation.
  • Limited offline capability.
  • Aside [from] the aforementioned, I have found my overall Box experience to be satisfactory, both in terms of efficiency and security of content.
For me personally, Box is suited for all things around saving files securely in the cloud, accessing saved files, and real-time, simultaneous collaboration. Also, it works well for automating workflow processes, at least I can verify this in my own little experience with it.
Pjeter Gjergjaj | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box helps to find everything in one place. It is one of the best tools for a big project that you can purchase. When a lot of team members are participating [in the] same project and you have a lot of files being exchanged and you want to keep track of all of them, then BOX is the answer to that.
  • Organizing
  • File save
  • File upload
  • Lot of storage
  • Easy sharing
  • Link sharing
  • Outside organization access
Very likely to use it. It gives you the comfort that all the files are being stored in [the] same places from different team members. It is easy to organize in folders and also very useful by adding time stamps. [With] an easy setup u can have and box extension installed on your laptop and use it directly. So you can sync files easily.
Zainab Akide | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is used to backup important day to day work files across the length of my coy [company]. I tend to think our use of Box within my coy [company], has improved productivity within my organization, especially in situations where employees need to collaborate remotely. In this kind of situation, Box ensures that we always have access to much needed work files, as long as we can connect to the internet. In select departments within my coy [company], like the marketing department where I work, Box is integrated with internal workflow process, thus resulting in the automation and faster completion of regular day to day simple yet effective tasks such as scheduling events, requesting file access, etc.
  • Basic task automation
  • File storage
  • File collaboration
  • Integrations
  • Box on web browser is not intuitive.
  • Box does not make it convenient to share files with non-Box users.
In my own experience so far with Box, it is well suited for file storage activities, automation of basic day to day task, security of files ( our IT engineers regularly attest to the level of security within the Box platform) and integration with tools from other vendors for maximized productivity. These are some specific areas where Box does a fantastic job.
Box serves my organization for most purposes around file storage and management in the cloud. We obviously also use it for sharing files amongst collaborators . From my own personal experience, I find it easy working with Box across different mediums - as a native extension on desktop, computer web browser and very importantly on my mobile devices as well.
  • File content protection.
  • Content collaboration.
  • In-house wokflow acceleration.
  • Box falls short in the area of asset management. As an example , I can not presently synchronize specific folders directly from my computer into my Box.
Box does a great job when it comes to securing saved content. It also performs well in all things around file management , file sharing , collaboration, accelerated workflows and the likes. Its only shortcoming as mentioned earlier, is the lack of a provision for effective asset management.
Box is currently the major platform we use within my work organization for all things around file storage in the cloud. It is currently used across all teams and departments for the aforementioned purpose. Our Box use case, does however go beyond just securely saving files in the cloud, because Box integrates well with our internal process workflow to ensure that we are seamlessly automating sequential tasks, therefore accelerating productivity in select aspects of our overall operation as an organization.
  • Automated collaboration by integrating with internal process workflows
  • Integration with third party applications, used across departments within my company
  • Secured file sharing
  • Secured file collaboration
  • I am very absolutely satisfied with the quality I keep getting from Box.
First of all, Box is primarily used for securely saving files in the cloud, from where most people across my organization can access it securely. However, we also use it to improve vital operational activity such as collecting digital signatures, automating select repeatable tasks, and collaboration purposes as well.
Box is the sole file storage program deployed across my company, for the over four year period I have worked here. It works on my web browser, on my mobile phone, and as a native installed drive on my computer. I have found Box to be most especially suitable for team collaboration, in the sense of creating team folders and sharing files. The aforementioned are some of the most obvious purposes that Box serves within the length and breadth of my work institution.
  • Secured electronic signature collection.
  • Integration with regular third-party applications, deployed across my company.
  • Secured file storage.
  • A tendency for synchronization to fail, without any notification.
Of course, Box's primary point of strength is in how it is able to save sensitive and non-sensitive files securely, which is probably the primary aim of my company using Box anyways. However, Box also does well in other areas such as integration with third-party applications. When it comes to Box integrating with third-party applications, an interesting aspect is how Box is able to maintain the security of Box saved content, when we move data from Box through other integrated applications. An organization the size of mine, is obviously very interested in this aspect of our Box usage.
Whilst we do maintain backup storage options, Box is the ultimate first option for all storage activity, across all departments and teams in my current work institution. It is simply used as a secured, centralized platform where we save team content, share team content, and collaborate as well when the need arises. Box, for me, has proved to be a secure, reliable, and scalable storage platform in terms of its ability to just work fine regardless of what I try to do with it, as far as cloud based file storage is concerned.
  • Box simply integrates with every single important application I use at work. For me, this greatly helps when it comes to migrating data from third-party apps for safe-keeping on Box.
  • Box is secure--very secure from my experience comparing and contrasting with other cloud storage solutions used in my previous work institution.
  • Secured team collaboration.
  • Slower file synchronization on mobile application.
  • Uploading large files on Box does take longer than any of our backup cloud storage options in my workplace. I was told this was due to Box encryption technology.
I use Box for saving sensitive and non-sensitive official content, for file sharing purposes with both Box users and non-users, collaboration, workflow integration, etc. For every activity listed above, I think Box is the most best suited file storage tool for them.
Sunny Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
My projects team uses Box to manage project-based documents with the clients. The design files need reviews from our clients on a weekly basis and we use Box to transfer over files to them for review and providing feedback. We are trying to solve the communication issues to discuss feedback for design files. Using Box, we have been able to send files quickly.
  • Box is quick to download files. The clients are able to access information as soon as they receive an email from Box with the design file link's information.
  • Box allows uploading of multiple files together.
  • I don't have a use case where Box needs improvements at this moment.
Box is well suited for uploading files and sending links to clients or inviting them to preview and download files. It's better than Google Drive for files transmission purposes. Compressed files can be sent over to Box along with uncompressed files. I don't need to wait for others to download files as it happens quickly.
Melissa Mahabeer | TrustRadius Reviewer
A box is a container where things can be kept, and my experience with Box is very similar to the aforementioned container, only that storage in Box is very secure. It is so far the cloud content management tool of choice in my company for securely saving files, and it provides me with a frictionless experience with any activity around file storage and collaboration.
  • File content security
  • Electronic signature collection
  • Integration with 3rd party work tools
  • User interface flaws on its web browser version
From my experience with this program so far, I have found it ideally suited for saving sensitive files, sharing files, integrating with other software platforms, collecting electronic signatures, and also for secured file collaboration. When it comes to secured file collaboration, Box has come in handy in situations where I need to collaborate with external collaborators. In the above situations, Box let me share my files and prevent the recipient from editing or downloading my shared file.
We use Box from time to time to manage files between our clients. Clients send files via Box and we use it to manage those files accordingly. Box helps receive design files and other format files for the projects. If a client wants to send files via Box, then this platform helps us manage them with it.
  • Box has a clean user friendly interface.
  • It has functionality to manage files upload easily.
  • Box has options for users to signup for free so they can receive and download files.
  • Integration with Slack would be great.
Box is good for managing the files to be shared with teammates or clients. It allows downloading files with a simple click from the provided link. Has easy-to-use navigation throughout the interface and website. The user-friendliness is great for Box.
In terms of functionality, Box competes with other big companies like Dropbox and provides all options which are needed by the users.
Yeni Oguntula | TrustRadius Reviewer
At present, Box is used by employees of all departments in my company. It serves as a centralized cloud storage platform for members of my organization, from where we can collaborate, share files, and most importantly, save sensitive and everyday work content securely. I think Box has a very positive impact on our overall workflow, makes productive-remote collaboration a lot easier, and ensures that file access is as convenient as it should be.
  • File security.
  • Smooth file access , courtesy fast device synchronization.
  • Seamless integration with third-party work software tools.
  • Limited document editing capability.
Box is ideally suited for secured file storage, integration with third-party work tools, remote file access across multiple device types, and very importantly for version history and control as it relates to stored content. It is inadequate when it comes to documentation-based file collaboration, and I think this has to do with the non-availability of a native document editing feature on Box.
Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Our organization depends on collaboration between lots of people, from teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Making it easy for individuals and teams both inside and outside our organization to do their best work.
  • Best-of-breed app integration.
  • Simplified workflow.
  • Seamless collaboration.
  • Data transfer with link to any user is not available like Dropbox and pricing is a little higher compared to Google Drive and lacks more features as a collaboration tool.
  • Sometimes there are some syncing issues in the background. Many of our employees face issues while using it from their smartphones.
  • During uploading feels like it's slower, by comparing other similar service providers it's definitely slower.
Box is a great option for file storage, file sharing, data collaboration works. For official works, we use Box without any hassle, it provides me the choice to control the access of files to individuals. It makes it very easy and intuitive to use-much like using a windows folder structure. Also has the benefit of powerful search functions.
Seamless collaboration with our teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Protecting our sensitive files in the cloud using advanced security controls, intelligent [threat-detection], and complete information governance. We have more time to do what matters most.
  • Simplified workflow
  • Frictionless security
  • Seamless collaboration
  • Best-of -breed app integrations
  • The graphic design of the dashboard should be simpler and more tangible that can be changed to the liking of the Admin.
  • Sometimes there are some syncing issues in the background.
  • The product has very limited functionality in some areas which could be a bit frustrating at times.
I love the simplicity and good features and the appropriate speed of [the] Box platform, we can easily transfer files from any device to the cloud storage space of the Box. Shared folders are great in a workplace and make everything very simple to get the right docs to [the] right people when they need them[.]
Adetoun Josh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Specifically within my own department of my organization, we use Box for sharing files , saving files and other collaborative activity around file storage. It has an huge benefit personally for me, as it enable me upload files into the cloud from one device, and immediately be able to access my uploaded files from other devices, linked to my account. Personally, I see Box as a top tool when it comes to file version control, file security and file disaster management. At least from my own experience using it.
  • File version history.
  • File security.
  • File collaboration.
  • Offline capability with Box, is almost non-existent.
When it comes to all issues around effective file version history management, secured file access, integration with 3rd party software programs to create an improved workflow, Box does exceptionally very well. Of course, we can also talk about [the] general security of saved files in terms of access management and data encryption.