Skip to main content

What is Box?

Box is an online cloud content management solution that caters to individual users as well as businesses.

TrustRadius Insights

Box is a widely used platform that offers file syncing, storage, and collaboration capabilities to various organizations. Users across …

BOX review

December 27, 2022

Pricey

March 02, 2022

• Document management (21)
  • File sync, storage & archiving (22)
  • Security, risk management & information governance (23)
  • Content search & retrieval (21)

Business Starter

$5

Business

$15

Business Plus

$25

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.box.com/pricing

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $5 Per Month (Paid Annually) per user (minimum of 3 users)

Features

Enterprise Content Management

Features related to managing business content and transactional content for enterprises.

Avg 8.3

What is Box?

Box provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention. Box aims to help people work securely from anywhere, and integrates with business tech stacks across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps. According to the vendor, Box is used by 100K+ of organizations, including AstraZeneca, JLL, and Nationwide. Founded in 2005, Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Box Features

• Supported: Integration

• Supported: Secure e-signatures
  • Supported: Unlimited e-signatures

Box Screenshots

Screenshot of In the Content Cloud, you get a single, secure, easy-to-use platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to editing, signature, and retention.Screenshot of Keep your files safe with cloud-native security and compliance capabilities like granular access controls, watermarking, and classification. Stay proactive with Box Shield’s machine learning and the ability to set policies that detect threats.Screenshot of Power secure collaboration from anywhere with a central workspace to edit, review, and assign tasks.Screenshot of Integrate your tech stack across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps.Screenshot of Get e-signatures right where your content lives in Box. Power a simple, seamless signing experience for critical business documents like sales contracts and offer letters.Screenshot of Create workflows in minutes, so you spend more time on what matters most.Screenshot of

Box Videos

How Box simplifies work
Box tips and tricks for working remotely

Box Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesBengali (India), Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (UK), English (Australia), English (Canada), Finnish, French (France), French (Canada), German (Germany), Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish

Box starts at $5.

Dropbox, Egnyte, and Google Drive are common alternatives for Box.

Reviewers rate Document management highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of Box are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

Attribute Ratings

We are using Box for document management purpose. Box is one of the best Document Delivery System tool available in market. Box also has free version which is having all the necessary features available for using tool perfectly and deciding if premium version is required or not. We need to prepare loading register of the document which we are going to upload and that feature is i think old fashioned apart from that totally recommended.
I used box extensively to manage thousands of data and programming files for mixed methods research projects with my research team. Much of the data that my team used for research projects had to be stored securely, and Box offers a secure method for storing files that met the criteria for our IRB approvals. My research team also needed to be able to collaborate and see file updates in real-time, which Box allowed us to do easily.
December 27, 2022

BOX review

Ragul Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is very useful to share the file across the clients & team mates in a easy way and we can store so much in cloud in different folder and easy to share cloud version. And we can download the cloud version in a easy way.
Leon Prather II, CTS | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is yet another entry into the cloud storage and sharing space for me. I have used it extensively for file sharing thanks to its simple interface and standalone apps. Media files, PDF documents, and other files have been a breeze to share within Box, and I appreciate the flexibility.
Innsu (Daniel) Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Mainly used to store larger files that I need for work and to collaborate with co-workers.
All of my main work files are stored in Box, so I can access it from any computer if necessary.
I also make and edit project-level files as needed, as well as reports and other relevant files.
We use Box to store our sales collateral, agreements, videos, etc., which allows us to collaborate with one another regardless of whether we're in the same office or on the other side of the world. I believe their tagline is "Access your data anywhere, anytime, and from any device," and that's the truth. As long as you have Internet connectivity you have access to everything stored in Box, and if you know you're going to be somewhere without Internet, you can download what you'll need ahead of time by dragging it into your quick access folder. It's a fantastic platform, and although we're a very small company, I can easily see how a company with hundreds of employees could securely share files and collaborate in real-time.
Ehud Lehavi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Weve been using Box to share information with external vendors. Its mostly been used by myself and people in quality who needs to be sharing documents with external providers without providing access to our company shared drives.
March 02, 2022

Pricey

Ashish Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
axaxaxaxaxax Our app integrations let you open, edit, and save files without leaving Box, so your teams can get their best work done. Wherever files are created, accessed, or edited — from Microsoft to Google and Zoom to Salesforce — Box gives you one place to access and manage them all.
Nodjialem Cano | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my organization at the moment, Box is the official medium via which we can access day to day needed files from just about anywhere. I have found it to be secured, easy to use across a variety of platforms and it helps in promoting collaboration between individuals and teams, across my company.
I use Box for sending requests for reviews of my project files. I get requests to create designs for website pages. Upon creation of pages, I send various versions of designs for approvals. I am trying to minimize communications by sending files via Box platform to the project team. I use Box for sending content documents as well along with design files.
Primarily, Box is being used for saving our work and official files securely in the cloud, from where we can access them across teams and departments. Of course, beyond file storage, Box also helps to address vital work related activity in the area of electronic signature and workflow automation, in departments outside of mine. However, in my department, we have used Box mainly for storage purposes.
Pjeter Gjergjaj | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box helps to find everything in one place. It is one of the best tools for a big project that you can purchase. When a lot of team members are participating [in the] same project and you have a lot of files being exchanged and you want to keep track of all of them, then BOX is the answer to that.
Zainab Akide | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is used to backup important day to day work files across the length of my coy [company]. I tend to think our use of Box within my coy [company], has improved productivity within my organization, especially in situations where employees need to collaborate remotely. In this kind of situation, Box ensures that we always have access to much needed work files, as long as we can connect to the internet. In select departments within my coy [company], like the marketing department where I work, Box is integrated with internal workflow process, thus resulting in the automation and faster completion of regular day to day simple yet effective tasks such as scheduling events, requesting file access, etc.
Incentivized
We use Box from time to time to manage files between our clients. Clients send files via Box and we use it to manage those files accordingly. Box helps receive design files and other format files for the projects. If a client wants to send files via Box, then this platform helps us manage them with it.
Incentivized
Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Our organization depends on collaboration between lots of people, from teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Making it easy for individuals and teams both inside and outside our organization to do their best work.
Incentivized
Seamless collaboration with our teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Protecting our sensitive files in the cloud using advanced security controls, intelligent [threat-detection], and complete information governance. We have more time to do what matters most.
November 19, 2021

Good value for te price!

Incentivized
It's used for sharing files within my department but also with other departments and organizations (e.g. external users that we cooperate with). We can share various documentation files between employees e.g. including process descriptions and other usages. With external users, we share procedures on how to use specific services and what are our internal processes.
Incentivized
We are using Box to enable secure access to files on mobile devices and increase mobility of employees. Box has empowered employees to easily create secure and collaborative workspaces with external parties. It encouraged tighter collaboration between employees and it is now possible to upload files and communicate faster with clients, improving the level of service provided to the clients. Box saves time and eliminated the need to search for emails and attachments.
Incentivized
Box fulfilled communication needs and the ability to share multiple file types with project teams and vendors outside the company. Marketing teams access presentations and marketing collateral during meetings with clients without the need to download those materials ahead of time. Most times we are under pressure to gather numbers from a variety of sources and unite them into one document, Box helped us connect data from different sources, connect dots from region to region, and from device to device.
Incentivized
Its the tool I use to sync files between my computer and the cloud to make them available whenever needed and to make sure they are never outdated. Any changes I make to files in one device are reflected on all other devices. Streamlines the file sharing process throughout the different offices no matter how far they are physically.
Incentivized
I use Box for file sharing and inviting other collaborators to create Word documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, as well as for collaborating on these documents in real-time. It is packed with oodles of features and options for file storage, syncing, and collaboration. Box backs up entire hard drives and systems. By simply clicking on files and folders then tabbing over to ''details'' I can view their sync status on my account.
Incentivized
Box is used by all researchers in my organization to manage confidential participant data. It is essential in maintaining the privacy of our research subjects and complying with ethics board review policies. It is used by everyone at the University of South Florida who is engaged in confidential research that is monitored by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Bhawnish Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
BOX is a good product used for file and data sharing. It's a very easy and portable tool used to keep and share big files which can't be sent over emails.

If you are worried about you data you can back up on the cloud BOX.