Pricey

March 02, 2022

File sync, storage & archiving (31)

9.4

Content search & retrieval (30)

9.2

Security, risk management & information governance (31)

Mobile support (31)

9.2

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Box, and make your voice heard!

Starter

Business

Business Plus

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.box.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month per user (minimum of 3 users)

Enterprise Content Management

What is Box?

Box provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention. Box aims to help people work securely from anywhere, and integrates with business tech stacks across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps. According to the vendor, Box is used by 100K+ of the world’s leading organizations, including AstraZeneca, JLL, and Nationwide. Founded in 2005, Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Box Features

• Supported: Integration

• Supported: Secure e-signatures
  • Supported: Unlimited e-signatures

Box Screenshots

In the Content Cloud, you get a single, secure, easy-to-use platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to editing, signature, and retention.Keep your files safe with cloud-native security and compliance capabilities like granular access controls, watermarking, and classification. Stay proactive with Box Shield’s machine learning and the ability to set policies that detect threats.Power secure collaboration from anywhere with a central workspace to edit, review, and assign tasks.Integrate your tech stack across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps.Get e-signatures right where your content lives in Box. Power a simple, seamless signing experience for critical business documents like sales contracts and offer letters.Create workflows in minutes, so you spend more time on what matters most.

Box Videos

Learn how Box simplifies the way you work
Watch Box tips and tricks for working remotely

Box Downloadables

Box Integrations

Box Competitors

Box Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesBengali (India), Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (UK), English (Australia), English (Canada), Finnish, French (France), French (Canada), German (Germany), Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish

What is Box?

Box is an online cloud content management solution that caters to individual users as well as businesses.

How much does Box cost?

Box starts at $7.

What is Box's best feature?

Reviewers rate File sync, storage & archiving and Integration highest, with a score of 9.4.

Who uses Box?

The most common users of Box are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Ehud Lehavi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Weve been using Box to share information with external vendors. Its mostly been used by myself and people in quality who needs to be sharing documents with external providers without providing access to our company shared drives.
March 02, 2022

Pricey

Ashish Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
axaxaxaxaxax Our app integrations let you open, edit, and save files without leaving Box, so your teams can get their best work done. Wherever files are created, accessed, or edited — from Microsoft to Google and Zoom to Salesforce — Box gives you one place to access and manage them all.
Rimsha Kevorkian | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is used in my department and across my organization for every activity, which has to do with securely saving work files in the cloud. I find Box easy to use, regardless of my desired medium of access; whether it is a mobile phone, desktop, windows, or iOS. Asides from file storage, which is our primary use for Box, we also use Box for collaboration and minor workflow automation activity.
I use Box to save all forms of data. I need to be able to work effectively in the workplace on a day to day basis. I find Box easy to use and convenient to access across a variety of platforms, regardless of my operating system or computer device type. In regards to my entire organization, Box is used in the same way as mentioned above, while also used for team based collaboration and for streamlining minor workflow processes in select departments.
Nodjialem Cano | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my organization at the moment, Box is the official medium via which we can access day to day needed files from just about anywhere. I have found it to be secured, easy to use across a variety of platforms and it helps in promoting collaboration between individuals and teams, across my company.
I use Box for sending requests for reviews of my project files. I get requests to create designs for website pages. Upon creation of pages, I send various versions of designs for approvals. I am trying to minimize communications by sending files via Box platform to the project team. I use Box for sending content documents as well along with design files.
Box currently helps my company solve all concerns, around security of sensitive files we save in the cloud, accessibility of critical content by anyone across my organization and collaboration, to aid productivity across teams and departments. I have used this tool since the first day I joined my organization and I am absolutely satisfied by the quality of file security, the high level data encryption which Box employs and of course the level of seamless productivity Box brings into the workflow process in my company.
Primarily, Box is being used for saving our work and official files securely in the cloud, from where we can access them across teams and departments. Of course, beyond file storage, Box also helps to address vital work related activity in the area of electronic signature and workflow automation, in departments outside of mine. However, in my department, we have used Box mainly for storage purposes.
Pjeter Gjergjaj | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box helps to find everything in one place. It is one of the best tools for a big project that you can purchase. When a lot of team members are participating [in the] same project and you have a lot of files being exchanged and you want to keep track of all of them, then BOX is the answer to that.
Zainab Akide | TrustRadius Reviewer
Box is used to backup important day to day work files across the length of my coy [company]. I tend to think our use of Box within my coy [company], has improved productivity within my organization, especially in situations where employees need to collaborate remotely. In this kind of situation, Box ensures that we always have access to much needed work files, as long as we can connect to the internet. In select departments within my coy [company], like the marketing department where I work, Box is integrated with internal workflow process, thus resulting in the automation and faster completion of regular day to day simple yet effective tasks such as scheduling events, requesting file access, etc.
Box serves my organization for most purposes around file storage and management in the cloud. We obviously also use it for sharing files amongst collaborators . From my own personal experience, I find it easy working with Box across different mediums - as a native extension on desktop, computer web browser and very importantly on my mobile devices as well.
Box is currently the major platform we use within my work organization for all things around file storage in the cloud. It is currently used across all teams and departments for the aforementioned purpose. Our Box use case, does however go beyond just securely saving files in the cloud, because Box integrates well with our internal process workflow to ensure that we are seamlessly automating sequential tasks, therefore accelerating productivity in select aspects of our overall operation as an organization.
Box is the sole file storage program deployed across my company, for the over four year period I have worked here. It works on my web browser, on my mobile phone, and as a native installed drive on my computer. I have found Box to be most especially suitable for team collaboration, in the sense of creating team folders and sharing files. The aforementioned are some of the most obvious purposes that Box serves within the length and breadth of my work institution.
Whilst we do maintain backup storage options, Box is the ultimate first option for all storage activity, across all departments and teams in my current work institution. It is simply used as a secured, centralized platform where we save team content, share team content, and collaborate as well when the need arises. Box, for me, has proved to be a secure, reliable, and scalable storage platform in terms of its ability to just work fine regardless of what I try to do with it, as far as cloud based file storage is concerned.
Sunny Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
My projects team uses Box to manage project-based documents with the clients. The design files need reviews from our clients on a weekly basis and we use Box to transfer over files to them for review and providing feedback. We are trying to solve the communication issues to discuss feedback for design files. Using Box, we have been able to send files quickly.
Melissa Mahabeer | TrustRadius Reviewer
A box is a container where things can be kept, and my experience with Box is very similar to the aforementioned container, only that storage in Box is very secure. It is so far the cloud content management tool of choice in my company for securely saving files, and it provides me with a frictionless experience with any activity around file storage and collaboration.
We use Box from time to time to manage files between our clients. Clients send files via Box and we use it to manage those files accordingly. Box helps receive design files and other format files for the projects. If a client wants to send files via Box, then this platform helps us manage them with it.
Yeni Oguntula | TrustRadius Reviewer
At present, Box is used by employees of all departments in my company. It serves as a centralized cloud storage platform for members of my organization, from where we can collaborate, share files, and most importantly, save sensitive and everyday work content securely. I think Box has a very positive impact on our overall workflow, makes productive-remote collaboration a lot easier, and ensures that file access is as convenient as it should be.
Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Our organization depends on collaboration between lots of people, from teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Making it easy for individuals and teams both inside and outside our organization to do their best work.
Seamless collaboration with our teammates to customers to partners and vendors. Getting everyone on the same page with one place to work together easily on our most important content. Protecting our sensitive files in the cloud using advanced security controls, intelligent [threat-detection], and complete information governance. We have more time to do what matters most.
Adetoun Josh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Specifically within my own department of my organization, we use Box for sharing files , saving files and other collaborative activity around file storage. It has an huge benefit personally for me, as it enable me upload files into the cloud from one device, and immediately be able to access my uploaded files from other devices, linked to my account. Personally, I see Box as a top tool when it comes to file version control, file security and file disaster management. At least from my own experience using it.
Box serves the purpose of a cloud backup platform for, storing [day-to-day] files and content we create across my company. It was the file storage solution I used in my previous organization and I found it already in use when I joined my current organization. I have come to trust the level of security [that] Box provides my company, because, in all my years of using it across two different [organizations], there hasn’t been any major security issue experienced, regarding [the] content saved on the Box platform.
[The] box is used in my own department for [file-sharing] purposes. Although it is not the only tool [adapted] for use for the purpose, within my organization, it is the file storage tool used by most. By using Box, we are solving most issues related to file storage, file storage security, and very importantly we have made file sharing between employees a lot easier, convenient[,] and seamless.
November 19, 2021

Good value for te price!

It's used for sharing files within my department but also with other departments and organizations (e.g. external users that we cooperate with). We can share various documentation files between employees e.g. including process descriptions and other usages. With external users, we share procedures on how to use specific services and what are our internal processes.
Marie Simonen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Within my organization, we rely mainly on Box for all work-related activity around secure file access on different devices, be it on desktop, web browser or mobile devices. With my use of Box, I am empowered to securely collaborate with team members within my company, or with external collaborators (professionals outside my company), without any serious security risks. In summary, Box adds efficiency to how I work, and has saved me time on all things related to file storage, and sharing.