Pricey

March 02, 2022
axaxaxaxaxax Our app integrations let you open, edit, and save files without leaving Box, so your teams can get their best work done. …

File sync, storage & archiving (32)

9.4

Security, risk management & information governance (32)

9.2

Content search & retrieval (31)

9.2

Mobile support (32)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Box, and make your voice heard!

Starter

Business

Business Plus

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.box.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month per user (minimum of 3 users)

Enterprise Content Management

What is Box?

Box provides businesses with the Content Cloud — a single, secure platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to co-editing, signature, classification, and retention. Box aims to help people work securely from anywhere, and integrates with business tech stacks across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps. According to the vendor, Box is used by 100K+ of the world’s leading organizations, including AstraZeneca, JLL, and Nationwide. Founded in 2005, Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Box Features

• Supported: Integration

• Supported: Secure e-signatures
  • Supported: Unlimited e-signatures

Box Screenshots

In the Content Cloud, you get a single, secure, easy-to-use platform built for the entire content lifecycle, from file creation and sharing, to editing, signature, and retention.Keep your files safe with cloud-native security and compliance capabilities like granular access controls, watermarking, and classification. Stay proactive with Box Shield’s machine learning and the ability to set policies that detect threats.Power secure collaboration from anywhere with a central workspace to edit, review, and assign tasks.Integrate your tech stack across 1,500+ best-of-breed apps.Get e-signatures right where your content lives in Box. Power a simple, seamless signing experience for critical business documents like sales contracts and offer letters.Create workflows in minutes, so you spend more time on what matters most.

Box Videos

Learn how Box simplifies the way you work
Watch Box tips and tricks for working remotely

Box Downloadables

Box Integrations

Box Competitors

Box Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesAll
Supported LanguagesBengali (India), Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English (US), English (UK), English (Australia), English (Canada), Finnish, French (France), French (Canada), German (Germany), Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish

Box is an online cloud content management solution that caters to individual users as well as businesses.

Box starts at $7.

Dropbox, Egnyte, and Google Drive are common alternatives for Box.

Reviewers rate File sync, storage & archiving and Integration highest, with a score of 9.4.

The most common users of Box are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Daniel Berry | TrustRadius Reviewer
I haven't had to use the support features for Box or reach out to customer service, so that may tell you something about how reliable the tool is. I've used Box for several years and haven't had to reach out, though I do know some who have had to request help for permissioning.
Heather Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whenever there's an issue with Box, they are very upfront with their updates and what they're doing to resolve the issue. They have a Twitter page as well as a page on their website that shows a timeline of what they've done to bring the site/cloud apps back up to running smoothly, which is helpful when coworkers are trying to figure out what's going on.
It's good, but it's not the best either. When I first faced Box I had a shock at not knowing how it worked (I started using the web version), so I missed some startup tutorial or more tutorials on the web, but luckily there is something in the network and finally testing here and there I could use it without a problem. (Maybe for other users it is easier, I have trouble using some programs and I don't know why.)
During the initial days, when we had little to no experience with Box, we were able to easily reach the support staff and understand the different options that'd improve usability, privacy, and security. There was little to no wait time associated with the calls Standard Business Support came with the "Starter Package."
Robyn Mankoski | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have never had any issues with using Box. It is very well designed and easy to use. If you need help, there is a support center and a training center that can help with what you need. The training center called Box University has many videos that can help you use Box.
Box is easy to use, it has all of the features we have needed, and has also introduced us to new features that we have utilized successfully. It is well suited for small team collaboration and offers a variety of affordable packages based on your team size and storage needs. Box is an intuitive program and has a great reputation for delivering a strong solution. We have been 100% pleased with our experience!
I found their support community lacking in clarity when I experienced a login issue. The error messaging was poor on my Box Sync application. I did not reach out to support staff for help, instead, I reasoned that I should try downloading the Box Sync application again and reinstall it. That fixed my issue, thankfully. I think a less computer-savvy user would've been much more frustrated.
Customer support for Box has always been very responsive to any issues that we approached them for. I have no issues with their support reliability or response. They were handling problems like customers or users not getting password reset emails to more complicated reporting issues.
Billy Barker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've never had to contact Box support before. Our IT department administrates our Box account and would be responsible for contacting Box support for any issues, so there is nothing else I can add here about this, but I'm sure Box support is great based on all the other positive experiences I've had with this product.
Never had to go to Support for anything, which perhaps is a testament to how smoothly the software works in the first place? We had an admin on our Sales team who was responsible for training all new users as well as running interference with any support requests.
April 18, 2016

Box.net is great!

The one time I had to contact support everything went well. It was to get a nonprofit discount and they were very helpful and supportive with my request.
Sam Montoya, CSM | TrustRadius Reviewer
As mentioned, it can be difficult to get initial responses and to get your issues acknowledged, let alone resolved. I had a few issues dealing with Box Sync and that took a while to get resolved. Billing issues was another area I ran into issues. Whether upgrading/downgrading packages as needed, it generally took a few times to get what I actually wanted/asked for.