Score 8.5 out of 10

BQE Core Review

October 02, 2022
I love how effortless BQE Core was to learn. The program tracks my hours, rates I invoice my clients, and compiles all my contracts in one …

BQE

September 08, 2022

Core Review

August 05, 2022
We use it for Project Management, Time Tracking, Expense Reporting, and Billing/Invoicing. We love all of the webinars that are geared …

• Single sign-on capability (50)
    9.5
  • Time tracking (71)
  • Dashboards (64)
  • Standard reports (53)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BQE Core, and make your voice heard!

What is BQE Core?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.bqe.com/products/core/pricing

6 people want pricing too

What is FreshBooks?

FreshBooks is an accounting service for small businesses. The solution enables users to send and manage invoices, track billable time and collect online payments. The vendor’s value proposition this that their solution provides a straightforward service that simplifies the billing process.

What is BigTime Software?

BigTime IQ is time and expense tracking software from Chicago-based BigTime Software.

Product Demos

Customer Testimonial: iT Architecture
04:10
BQE Core for Architects
01:54

Features

Payroll Management

Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.

8.3Avg 7.6

Customization

This addresses a company’s ability to configure the software to fit its specific use case and workflow.

7.4Avg 7.2

Security

This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.

9.2Avg 8.1

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

7.4Avg 7.5

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting

Financial management solution, including capabilities for general ledger and configurable accounting

8.4Avg 7.4

What is BQE Core?

BQE Core is a business management solution built specifically for professional service firms. According to the vendor, BQE Core is a combination of a billing assistant, project management, and accounting solution. The vendor’s value proposition is that Core does the hard work for you, delivering the actionable insights you need directly to your dashboards or your inbox.

BQE Core replaces the products Engineeroffice, Archioffice, and BillQuick; the functionality of these applications is now found in BQE Core.

BQE Core Features

Security Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions
  • Supported: Single sign-on capability

BQE Core Screenshots

Screenshot of Core powered by BQE SoftwareScreenshot of Core DashboardScreenshot of Core ManagementScreenshot of Core AnalysisScreenshot of Core Mobile

BQE Core Videos

Customer Testimonial: iT Architecture
BQE Core for Architects

BQE Core Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesUnited States, Australia and EU
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Replicon Polaris PSA, QuickBooks Time, and Harvest are common alternatives for BQE Core.

Reviewers rate Single sign-on capability highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of BQE Core are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

BQE Core Customer Size Distribution

Consumers0%
Small Businesses (1-50 employees)60%
Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)20%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)20%

I use BQE Core to track my hours on my Design Projects. It helps me to keep my projects streamlined and on budget. I also use the iOS app to track this while I am away from my desktop. I really like how easy it is to use. The interface is nice and the functions are perfect for an architectural office. I have even used the memo function to leave myself notes that I can refer back to and use them in tracking my AXP hours in my licensure journey.
January 26, 2023

The BQE experience

BQE is used by our company to track and individually account for all of our client billing and hourly projections of staff cost. BQE is able to break out all of our individual detailed circuits and sections for each client simply and quickly. I am extremely happy with the ease by which new users are able to learn and utilize the features.
January 26, 2023

BQE is very helpful

BQE Core has been absolutely indispensable for us in starting our business for client management and ensuring that our bookkeeping doesn’t get out of control as we navigate all of the other challenges of starting a business. the invoice builder and estimate creator are excellent and once you get a handle on the global Sherri ya and your naming conventions it will do exactly what you want it to. In addition, the help pages are excellent , and the real time chat built in to the app are really helpful and convenient. Just do t hesitate to ask for help since it is a complex software with numerous features.
BQE Core is an amazing software that allows for greater insight into accounting and invoicing management. Additionally, our organization utilizes BQE Core for time entry and project invoicing allowing effective allocation of resources where they are most needed. BQE Core's intuitive interface collects all this information and presents the data in easy-to-process formats, enabling greater insight into operations, both on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
As an employee, I use BQE Core to fill out my time card and expenses as well as write memos about what I work on. Overall from what I understand the organization uses BQE Core to track everyone's time on projects and how much to bill clients. I do not work in that area so I cannot speak much about that.
September 21, 2022

BQE Core

We use BQE Core for employee time tracking, expense reporting, project budgeting, and more. The all-in-one platform is far more effective than our previous methods. It is easy to track everything from utilization rates to project fees and the dashboard makes it very easy to see for different time periods.
September 08, 2022

BQE

Our Organization uses BQE for time management, time tracking and to-do lists. I think it is an amazing tool that help the whole team to cooperate and create a productive workflow since everybody knows what projects each member of the team is working on and it is easy to track the work time.
Salvador Jiménez Noriega | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use BQE Core every day to log my hours worked on different projects. It is very easy to use, simple and fast. I can just select the project I worked on and the time on each project. I like that I can change the layout so I can visualize my time by week, bi-weekly and monthly. I have used it a couple of times to submit expenses as well and I get the same experience, intuitive and friendly UI.
August 29, 2022

BQE Review

We use BQE Core to keep track of projects, timesheets, expenses, accounting, and invoices. It's a very useful tool for a consulting firm like us. Customer service is great, and I like their online support system. Very easy to use and people are friendly and helpful. Overall, very satisfied.
Using CORE to invoice our clients has freed up so much of my time I'm afraid I could have streamlined myself out of a job. Billing previews that used to take days are now done in hours. The time to create invoices and submit them for approval takes about 25% of the time before CORE. Easy to learn and a breeze to use.
Kimly C Mangum | TrustRadius Reviewer
Changing to BQE Core from the previous program is a major upgrade. They have so much going on in the background, providing project information that is invaluable in keeping projects within budget. I still have a lot to learn to benefit from all the features. I do not speak accounting but I appreciate those at BQE Core that do.
August 04, 2022

Easy and intuitive

I use BQE Core to fill in timesheets. It is very intuitive and convenient. It was easy to learn and it is straightforward to handle for daily entering of time data. It is also easy to select projects and sub-projects from the overall list of projects by number or keyword. The notes feature is also handy.
August 04, 2022

BQE Core Review!

I use Core to keep track of time entries, PTO, holiday pay. I also use it to enter expense entries for projects within our company. It is very useful and keeps everything in one place! I am new with company and learning how to use it was a breeze. Pretty straightforward.
Brittany Hackenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize BQE Core on a daily basis for time card entry, project management, and invoicing. We find that utilizing these functions helps keep us on track for compliance. We also record budgets and monitor them to stay ahead of any billing issues. We have also reached out and taken advantage of the custom reports option.
Adam Bouzane | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Core BQE for timeslip entry, Project Allocation, and Forecasting, HR management, and invoice creation. We needed a comprehensive timeslip entry program for users and were pleased to learn of the holistic approach to company management that Core provides.
I use BQE Core to track my time and invoices. It's easy to use. Admins can add the projects I'm working on, and I can easily slot my hours with the description of work done. The system adds the hours automatically, and I can submit my hours for review. I can also attach receipts for my expenses.
We use BQE on a day-to-day basis as a consulting engineering firm to keep track of time, and expenses for projects to appropriately budget costs to clients. It helps you track the number of hours spent on projects and helps to distinguish how much time was spent on specific activities.