Reviews (1-10 of 10)
Review: "Looking for a deep linking & mobile app attribution solution? Then look no further than Branch!"
- Branch.io's technical support is second to none. I've been amazed at the timeliness of their responses, along with the technical ability of their support, and easily breaking down their answers into layman's terms for my somewhat technical self. They reply within 24 hours and have always been able to help me solve my problem within one reply.
- Their attribution analytics are better than Appsflyer. Having been a previous Appsflyer user, we had found multiple data errors in fraud detection and improver attribution. This has not been the case with Branch, they have been accurately reporting all our channels and links, even with our users that use both web and app.
- Extremely affordable/flexible pricing, we don't have a ton of MAU, but our clients are HNWI, that make a higher dollar amount purchases. To-date we haven't paid any money for Branch's services, but as we gain more users it'll be a no-brainer to pay for the low cost it will be to us.
- To my understanding Branch uses a last touch attribution method. Being able to change this setting or view the data between different attribution models would be extremely useful (first click, linear, time decay, etc).
- Not like it's a con, but it would be great for Branch to keep running totals on attrition rate and daily active users. Also maybe look into more integrations with data export partners - Appsee, Smartlook, etc.
- Branch Link's Desktop SMS is a very good feature, we use it on our landing page such as: https://acetutor.io/smsBoarding
- Branch Link's cross platform support for redirect is another powerful feature. We use it on our main website to redirect users to the correct App Store or Google Play to download our app: https://www.acetutor.io
- Multiplayers redirection is important feature. In our marketing process for [our] Ace Tutor app https://www.acetutor.io, we have a referral reward campaign for which we want to aggregate clicks from lower level links to higher level links. For example, we created unique Branch Links for 10 marketing interns, and each intern wanted to create Branch Links for their own 10 delegates, the clicks of the Branch Links from these delegates would be automatically rolled up to the right intern's Branch Link, so we can make payment following the aggregation paths. Currently, Branch Links do not support this kind of multiplayer or multi-layer redirections.
- Good case: provide deep links to content.
- Weak case: None
- Branch is very good with deep linking.
- Branch provides good attribution.
- Branch is really helpful in driving app installs and redirections for ads.
- Branch deferred deep linking is great.
- Dashboard still needs features like partner dashboard.
- Branch doesn't work very well on Instagram.
- The analytics are very limited.
- Capture our customer input across all the platforms regardless of their OS.
- Handle custom URI schemes without any trouble.
- Handle both IOS and Android links without the need to split your code logic and thinking about the differences between both.
- I think that Branch has a brand new platform to approach with the rise of PWAs and this is a field worth exploring ASAP.
- Ability to create multiple links almost automatically.
- Great analytics data.
- Organization of all my business links.
- The UX of the platform.
- The signing in process.
- You'll need some level of knowledge and preparation to use it in your organization.
We use the branded links for various channels and deep links to direct users straight to particular parts of the app and the tracking component to identify the source of installations.
- Supports a great number of different platforms on various architectures.
- It is very easy to integrate and get everything up and running.
- It is free to use so represents a significant saving on other solutions.
- Support for the product is excellent and there is a large friendly community of users.
- They have lots of great ideas for improving acquisition and retention and regularly provide links to helpful articles and case studies to assist in improving our apps.
- From unity the settings seem to be lost occasionally which is not always noticed until after the build has gone out.
- No support for custom events which would be useful in helping analyse acquisition.
- Tracking of link metrics
- Cross-platform links
- Passing of parameters even if app is not installed.
- Difficult for newcomers to implement correctly
- UserID, BranchID and similar attributes can sometimes lead to ambiguity
- Some issues on iOS
Referrals by Branch is another nice feature where one can see the influencers' as well as the referred user's count. Cross-channel analytics is very useful for tracking campaigns.
There are a lot of conversions that can often time be difficult for newcomers to implement correctly. UserID, BranchID and similar attributes can sometimes lead to ambiguity in understanding.
All in all, a brilliant experience with great results to be yielded by an implementer of Branch's resources.
- Branch makes deeplinking easy. They are simple to set up, monitor, and track. Most importantly, they never break.
- The UI of Branch is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Dashboards allow you to see the metrics you care most about, and export data accordingly.
- Customer support is great - always around to answer questions and help us discover other services that can push our business forward.
- The UI is extremely easy to use, however the simplicity does lead to certain functions not being available. For example, you cannot bulk create links (1000+) or bulk archive links.
Branch Scorecard Summary
Our main platform is free to all. Some of the free products that most apps find useful are content sharing, custom onboarding, referrals and organic app search. We have specialized products (Journeys (Smart Banner), Deep Linked Email, Dynamic Ads and Data Integrations) which are typically priced by volume of a company.
Branch Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Geography:||United States, Europe, APAC|