Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- Onboard process = thorough and customized.
- Day to day support has allowed us to research and address new ideas in real-time.
- Content IQ provided us weekly actionable items to address and monitored our improvement.
- Setting up our hyper-local keywords was a long and manual process, but it was done by the BrightEdge team and they did a great job.
- When you have a keyword blog strategy
- When you want to start tracking specific keywords
- Beat your competitors for SEO
- Keyword research is very good and Data Cube is very easy to use as compared to other SEO Enterprise tools.
- Keyword gap analysis is very helpful to find out what keywords our competitors are using that we are not.
- Monitoring organic rank positions is very easy with Data Cube.
- The Content IQ doesn't catch all technical SEO issues as compared to other site audit or crawler tools.
- The Content IQ score is very high, but when comparing to other SEO site audit tools they show lower scores because they are picking up more errors.
- There are some bugs or suggestions that are not good in Recommendations.
- It helps us find items that we missed in our site build such as image alt text, H2 fixes, missing descriptions, etc. It is so easy to gloss over some of these items as there are just so many of them, BE brings these to the forefront and you can see them all the time and decide what items need to be corrected.
- The BE team is outstanding! Our CSM is solid and is a HUGE help for us. We have consistent calls with them and they help us, non-SEO professionals, become more knowledgeable in what we are doing and has us thinking about future projects that we would never have thought of on our own. They are a integral piece of our team now.
- The on-boarding process was amazing! The on-boarding specialist had our best interests at heart and was a huge help, they then handed us off to an equally knowledgeable and qualified Client Success Manager. Customer service at BE is top-notch.
- I really can't comment here, because being a novice going into this I don't know what I don't know. So far everything has been great.
- Account management. We have regularly scheduled calls for our account management team to go over our account, strategy, and anything else we need help with.
- BrightEdge gives you recommendations for each preferred page in order to ensure you are doing everything you can to rank well for the targeted keyword/s on a given page.
- You can easily track all keywords you focus on and see how you rank on Google, any rank change, trends, etc.
- Integration/automation with your website. It would be great if BrightEdge could automatically pull in new URLs from our website instead of us having to manually add them for each new piece of content we create.
- I wish our account stats updated more frequently than once a week. Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes you create a new keyword group and have to wait a week to see the details. A nice option would be a week by default, but with the option to force live data when needed.
- Sometimes certain options seem hidden in the UI. For example, after a year of using the product I just realized there was a section that was actually a drop-down. To BrightEdges credit, it does have a drop-down icon, but I think the placement is in an area that I overlook. Maybe stylizing all options on a page would help, instead of having different looking options in different areas of the page.
- Keyword opportunity analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Recommendations & task management
- Quick Google Search Console and Analytics integration.
- Filter states not always remembered when making changes to keyword lists. Pages reload and you often have to re-filter.
- Pricing is relatively opaque. No published price point/features list, but at the enterprise level I understand how custom things can be.
- Adobe Analytics integration can take some time to put in place, so plan ahead.
- Their DataCube site and ranking analysis is the best in the business. I'd use BrightEdge for this feature alone. With this research tool, I can understand our keyword rankings profile across all keywords (beyond those tracked in our account), as well as those of competitors and partners.
- Site Audit is also very strong, allowing us to get a deep understanding of technical errors on our site we need to correct. This was indispensable during a recent major site update.
- The Customer Success Managers are helpful and knowledgeable.
- The main weakness of the platform concerns off-page SEO. We use Majestic to supplement the kind of backlink tracking and reporting we want to do, functionality that is somewhat addressed within BrightEdge but not to the point where I could stop using Majestic.
- The most recent updates to the platform seem to be concerned only with look and feel (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) but I'd like to see more in the way of new features added.
- The recommendations engine is valuable, but I feel the suggestions are often too narrowly focused on exact match keywords, even though search engines continue to get smarter about which variations of keywords relate to which topics (e.g. latent semantic indexing). I'd like to see the recommendations engine get up to date with these changes.
I have generally not recommended it to teams where there is no capacity whatsoever to do the real legwork of SEO: it's not enough to buy the tool and use it, you need to also be focused on creating valuable site content, building links, getting your technical house in order, etc. Implementing BrightEdge is not magically going to improve your rankings, there is real work to be done (partly using the tools BrightEdge offers) and teams need to be prepared for that.
I wouldn't recommended it if the marketing budget is lower than $30k/year or if you already have an SEO copywriter in house and web developers with extensive SEO experience.
- BrightEdge does a good job with reporting.
- It is fairly easy to create Dashboards that can be customized for what you want to see.
- One of the newer features of BrightEdge, called Insights, can be helpful if you just have a few minutes to spend in the platform and want to find a couple of quick revisions that you can make on your website.
- The set up / implementation was rushed and, in our case, not completed correctly, which caused many issues down the road.
- Once you make changes to website based on the Recommendations in BrightEdge and wait for the weekly crawl, the Recommendations, many times, don't fall off of your queue, so you waste a lot of time researching things that were already completed.
- If you want to change a large number of preferred landing pages around after the initial set up, it's a very manual process.
- Monthly Reporting
- Competitor Recommendations
- Backlink Strategies
- Tracking Changes & Effects
- Share of Voice Analysis: We really love this feature. It gives us an opportunity to provide customers with insight to their TRUE Organic competition. More often than not, the Organic competitors are quite different from what the customer originally thought. This supports our effort to show Subject Matter Expertise on a regular basis.
- BackLink Opportunities: This feature really tailors our link building strategy. It allows us to quickly download the gap between our customer & its competition, which provides a 'road map' for link building team. Once the gap has been closed, we re-run the opportunities and move forward with the new plan.
- Trended Charts: In general, the trended charts are a huge advantage that BrightEdge has over other SEO platforms. I've never come across another tool or company that can provide the same level of data, over time, consistently. As SEO changes and fluctuates, these trended charts become vital to our reporting and investigations, especially when new algorithms are pushed out by Google.
- Local Search Engines: These are created based on demand, and therefore are not always available for cities or even states that our customers are located in. When these situations arise, we've been told to submit a request. However, we rarely see follow through. This makes it very difficult to provide all customers the same level of insight and reporting.
- Dashboards vs. Accounts selection/dropdown: These two drop-downs or selections are entirely separate. If a user selects dashboard A, and wants to then click through to the Opportunities tab, they must select Account A. It would be much more user-friendly to have them connected in some way.
- Oftentimes we want to analyze a chart and create Custom Content that provides more insight for the customer. For instance, when viewing the Share of Voice Analysis, we want to recommend a change in competitors. There is no way to view the SOV tab, while also typing into the dashboard chart. This means that we must open a word or text file to enter the content, then copy/paste it into the dashboard.
- BrightEdge allows us to monitor the competition specified, allowing us to find their strengths (keywords, backlinks, etc.) and use that to further our clients' success.
- The platform also allows us insight into opportunities we may have but do not know about, with the Share of Voice tool and Keyword Discovery and SEO Performance tools.
- The dashboards are easy to manipulate and easy to understand allowing you (and the client) to see data in multiple ways, plus there is no limit to the dashboards created.
- Wide variety of Search Engines to choose from - Global vs. Local, Desktop vs. Tablet or Mobile, Google vs. Bing, etc.
- The local search engines available are based on demand, therefore they are not available for every location and sometimes not even available in certain states.
- While the Events tab allows you to add Events to any account, going back and finding events is not easy to do as there is no "Search" functionality.
- The "Save As" functionality in dashboards does not always copy the dashboard exactly, and will default some charts.
- The Competitive Analysis features increased productivity by eliminating the manual process of performing a competitive analysis.
- The competitor monitoring reports are not just data dumps and instead dashboard can be configured to display competitor data and visualizations.
- Usability. One of the main strengths of BrightEdge is its usability. The platform is intuitive for any level of SEO expertise and its clean UI provides a great user experience.
- The SEO recommendations aren't advanced or innovative but are derived from webmaster guidelines and SEO best practices. Don't get me wrong, SEO fundamentals are essential for long term success but you would expect more out of an "enterprise" SEO platform.
- While BrightEdge does integrate with 3rd party APIs, it is limited. For example, SiteCatalyst was integrated but very few metrics were accessible and none of the reports were interactive.
- BrightEdge only keeps historical data for active keywords and competitors. It would be very useful to be able to archive and import historical data.
- Tracking your rankings weekly
- Comparing your rankings with your competitors
- Providing detailed reporting on your SEO progress, rankings and Share of Voice
- Outlining potential SEO problems and recommending solutions
- The recommendations that are delivered are very basic and fundamental
- The product focuses mainly on your ranks and structural SEO components and does not provide the most in-depth look at back-links or other potential issues such as duplicate content
- Reporting: it provides great visual reporting and a weekly snapshot of your overall SEO health and to track the progress of you SEO campaigning efforts such as: earned media, content marketing, website changes etc.
- Competition Insight: It gives you a weekly update on your competition and lets you know how you stack up compared to your competitors
- BrightEdge is a very robust tool which allows for analysis across many websites at once.
- I particularly like that this tool provides recommendations on how to increase your SEO presence at a very detailed level
- It's very easy and intuitive to create and download reports
- We've had to undergo several internal training courses to get everyone up-to-speed on how to use all of BrightEdge's features. It is not the most user-friendly system if you've had no prior exposure to it.
- Identifies competitive data, tactics, results.
- Easily displays recommendations which can be prioritized based on expected impact.
- Managers can assign tasks to team members.
- It would be great to find data on GoogleMaps for Local SEO.
- The Recommendations were particularly useful for me, since I was the Content Producer at Walker. The insights were critical to the development of new content.
- The Analysis / Share of Voice module was great for understanding how our efforts stack up against our strongest competitors. This helped us better prioritize our work and tighten our focus.
- The Reports and customizable desktops were very useful in explaining the work the Online department does, and most importantly, the link between our SEO efforts and online lead generation. It helps validate our work!
- Streamline functionality for completing tasks. Sorry, that's my only complaint.
I really liked having bi-weekly phone meetings with our BrightEdge rep, but because of our different levels of usage, it probably would have been more helpful to tailor those meetings to specific users.
- BrightEdge continually adds new features along with new educational tutorials. This keeps the product fresh and dynamic.
- BrightEdge allows users to easily create and assign tasks so that team members can easily work together on a project.
- The recommendations section provides easy-to-understand instructions for improving the performance of key terms and pages.
- The pricing for the product is a not entirely straightforward so it is difficult to compare the price of this product to competing products.
- The sales team is somewhat pushy.
- accurately and timely present ranks of keywords over a spectrum of period for our global clients
- The depth of the data and how it was able to compare different sets at the same time going back 2 years
- all the data is shown in an easy-to-understand method and it doesn't take long to master the navigation and admin
- Doesn't support multiple logins at the same time, it limited our ease to access
- Brightedge, so far, is the best tool I used after the keyword encryption.
- Very easy to use and set up dashboard or to get analytics.
- Convenient for setting up dashboards and adding notes to send reports to clients or email to yourselves.
- It really depends on how you set up your tracking codes.
- Applying dates does not apply to a day or month set up. Starts on the first day of the week (a Sunday) and ends at the end of the week (Saturday).
- 800 keyword limit, but can ask for expansion. But there are untracked keyword options to get ranking / search volume for keywords and the Webmaster tool has been recently implemented.
- I like the "Story Builder" function on BrightEdge because it allows one to create a variety of graphs and reports that provide specific metrics and data catered to one's need.
- Having the "Anomaly Detection" set up allows one to receive notice right away when there's significant movement in keyword rankings.
- Being able to create different keyword and page groups in BrightEdge is great for segmenting the large amount of data we have to focus on the pages pertinent to specific goals.
- Currently BrightEdge provides the number of backlinks a website has but do not offer any other details pertaining to this information.
- Oftentimes the on-page menu bar is asynchronous with the menu bar on the side, and I find it confusing to have to change both.
BrightEdge Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is BrightEdge?
BrightEdge is an enterprise-level SEO (Search Engine Optimization) platform from the company of the same name in San Mateo, California. It includes customizable dashboards, reporting, forecasting, SEO recommendations, backlink management and competitive analysis. It covers local, global, mobile, social and content centric SEO.
Presently BrightEdge's platform supports the marketing efforts of many well-brands, like Nike, Microsoft, and Netflix.
BrightEdge Technical Details