Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Keyword analysis (46)9.696%
- SERP ranking tracking (44)9.393%
- Competitive analysis (46)9.090%
- Site recommendations (46)7.878%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BrightEdge, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
BrightEdge is an enterprise-level SEO (Search Engine Optimization) platform from the company of the same name in San Mateo, California. It includes customizable dashboards, reporting, forecasting, SEO recommendations, backlink management and competitive analysis. It covers local, global, mobile, social and content centric SEO.
Presently BrightEdge's platform supports the marketing efforts of many well-brands, like Nike, Microsoft, and Netflix.
- It helps us find items that we missed in our site build such as image alt text, H2 fixes, missing descriptions, etc. It is so easy to gloss over some of these items as there are just so many of them, BE brings these to the forefront and you can see them all the time and decide what items need to be corrected.
- The BE team is outstanding! Our CSM is solid and is a HUGE help for us. We have consistent calls with them and they help us, non-SEO professionals, become more knowledgeable in what we are doing and has us thinking about future projects that we would never have thought of on our own. They are a integral piece of our team now.
- The on-boarding process was amazing! The on-boarding specialist had our best interests at heart and was a huge help, they then handed us off to an equally knowledgeable and qualified Client Success Manager. Customer service at BE is top-notch.
- I really can't comment here, because being a novice going into this I don't know what I don't know. So far everything has been great.
- We have only started with BE a few months ago and so I don't have any hard numbers from an ROI perspective, but i can say that what we spent on BE is a fraction of what we were spending with agencies and we are actually getting results by doing this ourselves. From that perspective we have seen a cost savings.
- With focused SEO campaigns and projects we have been able to move the needle on our SEO rankings for specific products and services. This is going to have a great impact for us in 2019 as we have some specific product goals and campaigns for 2019 that we have been working to build up over the last couple months of 2018.
- Overall site SEO.
- Specific product and services SEO.
- Money savings of handling SEO in-house agency help to do so.
- I am not sure about unexpected or innovative, we have just been able to make some small changes and fixes that we didn't know we needed to do on our site. That was an eye-opener for me.
- We are starting to get product and service specific with our SEO campaigns as well as regionally specific. These are big steps for us.
- Seeing what the system recommends as changes.
- Seeing performance on the dashboard
- Keep in mind, I was a novice at the day-to-day behind the scenes workings of SEO, so all of this was new to me. Understanding how all of it tied together at first seemed overwhelming.
- Setting up keyword groups and then refining them...again, it isn't hard, it just took me some time, luckily their CSM is amazing!
- When I ask them for some ways of setup up metrics, my BrightEdge rep. always interprets properly and has solutions.
- BrightEdge proactively setups upcoming trends that helps customers to continue measure SEO success. For example they setup the Google Webmaster access and now we are working on integrate Adobe SiteCatalyst to setup Page Group in BrightEdge.
- Our BrightEdge rep. and IT is always available for any questions we may have. They are open to the broad team when questions come up.
- The dashboard doesn't expand full width of the screen, it is actually annoying.
- It would be great an easier way to get a report for all region ones instead of running each individual.
- Run a report for all competitors at adhoc.
- VMware doesn't seem they haven't taken too much advantage of the product. This is one of the reason I am trying to have our team to take advantage of it. It is a challenging task as it seems Web Managers are incredible busy and unfortunately they haven't realized the importance of SEO and metrics.
- BrightEdge is a bit expensive that is the down site.
- BrightEdge is a great company overall as they have a lot of support for their customers.
- Conductor and Inc.
I have never used any other product such as SpyFu etc. I have used Screaming Frog but this software but it is used more to audit your website.
- identifying recommendation for each pages
- review competitors keywords and keyword phrases
- understand the ranking of the pages
- The data cube is a helpful tool
- because of the competitor keywords and keyword phrases are all of the keywords the competitor has, it would be great to categorize them
- URLs have to be exact and can't be various types
- It provides insights as to how your optimization efforts stand up against competitor terms and shows you your "share of voice" as it is called within the program.
- Provides a platform for anybody to go in and understand where there are opportunities for SEO improvement.
- Some of our clients are older legacy clients and are still accustomed to receiving SERP reports, so it fills that need as well.
- Sometimes the user interface has proven to be less than intuitive for some of our analysts, and has made them hesitant to fully adopt the program.
- Some of the new product additions, like the integration with Google Webmaster Tools, was extremely difficult to implement, seeing that we had to try to do it for over 100 different websites.
- Setting up dashboards and reports is time consuming initially, but is a nice feature once in place.
- Use of the tool has led to better organic keyword ranking.
- It can help teach a newer analyst how a webpage should be focused and how all the elements of the page relate to each other and how they directly relate to how the website as a whole is viewed and valued by search engines.
- I think it provides a fact and logically based platform to implement SEO changes. As SEO becomes more abstract, it keeps up with industry standards and is constantly updating with features to keep up with these constant changes.
- Ongoing agency contracted SEO for individual clients
- SERP tracking for the clients who still insist on receiving one
- Keyword mining and uncovering unseen SEO opportunities
- The share of voice feature is nice to see where our individual clients stand in relation to competitors.
- The integration with Google webmaster tools is helpful as well.
- The multitude of features enhanced the SEO offerings we had to offer to our clients.
- We look forward to integrating the page reporting and optimization features.
- I look forward to future product releases.
- We will be investigating the use of the BrightEdge in relation to the rise of mobile search and its integration.
- Product Features
- Third-party Reviews
- Vendor implemented
- Getting analysts to adopt the system rather than doing traditional SEO.
- Getting all analysts to submit keyword list to BrightEdge.
- Lag between client submission to BrightEdge and finally seeing them on the tool was a little long. Sometimes more than a week.
- The dashboards, once set up are quite useful and a good quick reference.
- The integration with webmaster tools is quite nice.
- The SERP reporting is simple and easy to understand.
- Initially, it is difficult to learn your way around the tool and navigating around the site.
- It takes some training and support to learn about what certain reporting features are actually telling you and how to generate them.
- The initial intergration with Google Webmaster tools was quite difficult, as we have an MCC with many different websites, and we unfortunately had to bring them in individually rather than in one action which was time consuming.