Initially we implemented Brightidea to build a culture of innovative collaboration. We used the system to build awareness of key priorities and to test the readiness within the organization’s culture for open innovation. Within the first year we changed our model to consolidate idea management with a “Consulting Approach”. This allowed for sharing estimated impact/effort of top ideas with sponsors where we identified significant cost savings opportunities. We tracked the implementation of ideas recommended through pipeline and continued to document lessons learned and listen to the customers. We use the system today to have associates collaborate and submit ideas on strategic topics and/or focused areas of opportunity.
- Provides a canvas to create whatever is needed to engage the audience in the open innovation session. such as allowing video/picture inserts, custom design, document inserts, etc).
- Allows users the ability to easily share their ideas and/or comments, while also building on others ideas.
- Enabling an end to end experience for the user to offer ideas or share thoughts, allows voting and competition, prioritizes ideas based on popularity from audience, and provides the ability to track implementation/ROI of top ideas.
- The backend project management portion could be easier to utilize and connect idea from inception to execution.
- In a large organization having multiple approvers and viewers of the prioritized ideas can be challenging.
- Would love to see a robust report and measurment tool that connects the full story of the idea.
I believe Brightidea is a great tool for any business where collaboration is encouraged and open innovation is a priority. It enables cross functional teams and audiences to share ideas and connect on topics they may not normally collaborate on.