BrightLocal

Business Citations done Right!

October 27, 2016

• Integration with web analytics tools (10)
    10.0
  • Local SEO (13)
  • SERP ranking tracking (11)
  • Competitive analysis (11)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BrightLocal, and make your voice heard!

Just Reviews Plan

$8

Single Business Plan

$29

Multi Business Plan

$49

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.brightlocal.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $29 per month

Product Demos

Local Businesses Need These Tools (Reputation, BrightLocal, ReachLocal, Google Business Profile)
04:00

SEO

6.7

SEO Channels

SEO Platform & Account Management

9.2

What is BrightLocal?

BrightLocal is built to make local marketing simple. The vendor states that with their all-in-one platform, users can:

- Track local search rankings

- Perform local SEO audits

- Clean up and build local business listings

- Manage their online reputation by generating, monitoring, and responding to online reviews

- Source agency leads

The vendor boasts users worldwide, including agencies, SMBs, and multi-location businesses, who use BrightLocal to streamline local marketing efforts and boost visibility in local SERPs.

BrightLocal is available free on a trial basis, for 14 days (no credit card required).

BrightLocal Features

SEO Platform & Account Management Features

• Supported: Multi-domain support
  • Supported: Integration with web analytics tools

BrightLocal Screenshots

Screenshot of Location SummaryScreenshot of Local Search Rank CheckerScreenshot of Local Search GridScreenshot of Local Search AuditScreenshot of Google My Business AuditScreenshot of Citation TrackerScreenshot of Reputation Manager - Monitor ReviewsScreenshot of Reputation Manager - Reviews OverviewScreenshot of Reputation Manager - Showcase Reviews widgetScreenshot of Agency Lead GeneratorScreenshot of White-label settings

BrightLocal Video

Local marketing software provides location-based digital marketing solutions to help users interact with their local audience and potential online customers. BrightLocal is one of the local marketing tools mentioned in this video which goes over some of the best local marketing tools out there.

BrightLocal Competitors

BrightLocal Technical Details

Supported CountriesUSA, UK, Australia, Canada

BrightLocal is a search engine optimization tool that tracks search rankings, builds citations, and monitors online reviews and stresses local search performance.

BrightLocal starts at $29.

Whitespark Local Rank Tracker, Moz Pro, and Yext are common alternatives for BrightLocal.

Reviewers rate Site audit / diagnostics and Mobile SEO and Integration with web analytics tools highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of BrightLocal are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

We use BrightLocal to monitor everything from our reviews to website ranking and how accurate our information is on third-party sites. It has been incredibly useful in consolidating our data into one place where we can easily monitor and make updates as needed. We use it to manage all of our business locations.
Ashok Bharucha | TrustRadius Reviewer
I run a small, solo private psychiatric practice. BrightLocal has helped me monitor my online reputation and has insights into how my business marketing compares with my local competitors. With this information, I can take proactive steps to address deficiencies.
September 28, 2021

BrightLocal Feedback

Research and improve Local SEO ranking for clients. Report on client's situation from reviews, local search results and their competitors and the competitors status. They provide a citation building service which is very good and has helped several of my clients. They also provide a lot of smart education materials which have helped me explain to clients.
Tina Hettich Sorensen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently the only one using BrightLocal in my organization. I have 2 employees that I have not yet trained and I am not sure if they will be using it anytime soon. The program helps push info out to directories, provides valuable reports and helps with reviews.
Great tool for updating local online directories and adding to new ones. Good for seeing the current scene of their listings. I feel I can trust them because they also allow you to communicate a specific message regarding each campaign.
We currently use all of BrightLocal's features from the rankings down to social media. We use it as a tool to track the search engine optimization progress to see what improvements we can make and improve their digital marketing. It's also a tool that allows us to keep multiple facets of their marketing in one CRM.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrightLocal is a must have for Local SEO and marketing. We have been using it for years to help manage local business clients. BrightLocal allows us to create a single platform for all of our local marketing efforts, we can track Google My Business, web analytics, citations, online reviews and even keyword rankings all in a single dashboard.

The citation tracking feature is very useful to see where you have citations and where you need to create or correct citations and the reputation manager feature is a great way to monitor your online reviews across multiple review platforms.

One of my favorite features is being able to access historical data for Google My Business. Google only allows 3 months of data, but BrightLocal stores 18 months of data for you to analyze and compare. Report creation is also simple, allowing us to create printable PDF reports or web-based reports via custom links.
We used BrightLocal to manage local SEO for our digital marketing clients. It was one of the key platforms we used to perform research, reporting, and optimization to improve local search rankings. It saved our team a significant amount of time by consolidating a number of valuable tools in one place.
Jordan Comstock | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrightLocal was used on a client by client basis. If it was a client that we wanted to focus on local SEO with, we would use BrightLocal. Many clients didn't have that need and we would use other SEO software for their needs, although BrightLocal does have many useful capabilities beyond local. That was its primary use case for me.
We use BrightLocal to manage all of our clients' reporting. From ranking reports to Google Analytics breakdowns, BrightLocal has it all. We are able to automate the sending of these reports. The site auditor is a great way for us to show prospective clients that we're on top of it. There are a ton of bells and whistles that we find very helpful.
Sarah Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
My account management team uses BrightLocal for reporting and citation building purposes for our clients. BrightLocal's citation building service makes it easy for us to order citations for clients and know that we're getting quality citations for the price. BrightLocal also allows us to report to our clients on the status of their campaign and ranking of their GMB listing.
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BrightLocal for client reporting with respect to our SEO work for them. We specialize in working with organizations that serve the elderly and their families, and many of our clients are essentially locally-focused in their marketing. BrightLocal's local ranking reports are excellent and they are BrightLocal's best feature. BrightLocal also offers online client "dashboards" which our clients like very much.
We used Brightlocal as a tool to analyze our current positions within search engine local rankings as well as to check existing citations. The fact that Brightlocal can do all this under one solution really saves your organization time and money. Being shown how you rank against local competitors is invaluable and gives you LOTS of room for improving your rankings.