We utilize Brightspace across our institution to serve as the single unified platform for teaching and learning. Our institution is robust …
Working within a higher education institution, we need a product to deliver online courses through and to enhance all our other offerings, …
Brightspace is currently being used as the LMS system for our campus. This is how we facilitate our online courses and also house various …
Brightspace is a learning management system used by the college in all aspects of managing student learning, student achievement, student …
Brightspace is used throughout the organization with the exception of a few smaller departments. The LMS allows our instructors, …
I work in a large-scale corporation that strongly emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. Brightspace is an LMS tool that has been …
We use Brightspace for all of our classes. All students have access to Brightspace in order to access their classes, and many of the staff …
Desire2Learn (now called Brightspace by D2L I believe) is used across our university as the learning management platform. Assignments, …
Brightspace is used as the virtual or online component to classes, either as a blended class, as an extra form of communication to …
D2L is being used by the entire state university system. It has been, as I understand it, since 2010. The decision was made by the system …
In my program, we have been using D2L since 2012. At the beginning our school was adapting it and it was quite buggy, then at the end of …
Desire2Learn is utilized by the entire campus as a learning management platform.
There are 31 colleges within the MN State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU). To improve access to higher education, Minnesota State …
Desire2Learn is being used across the Colorado Community College System. I use it to teach my hybrid computer networking courses. It gives …
Hi, I'm Jennifer DeMack and I am an adjunct instructor with Front Range Community College. I teach ENG122: Composition II, a guaranteed …
Course authoring (9)
Learning content (9)
Progress tracking & certifications (9)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Brightspace, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
17 people want pricing too
Brightspace is a powerful and flexible learning management platform that promises to help drive better learning outcomes by offering every learner a highly personalized, digital experience. From the kindergarten classroom, to college campuses, to global corporations, Brightspace aims to help create inspired and engaging learning for all.
According to the vendor, key capabilities and benefits include:
According to the vendor, key capabilities and benefits include:
Brightspace works on any device – whether a laptop or hand-me-down smartphone or tablet.
Release Conditions and Intelligent Agents in Brightspace offer a high level of granularity and control over individual learning paths.
Partner in innovation
You expect your learning platform to deliver results on learning outcomes and strategic objectives. The vendor also collaborates with you day-to-day to help you plan, measure and achieve those results.
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Social learning
- Supported: Social Assessment
Brightspace 101 What is D2L Brightspace LMS?
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, Arabic, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese|
Brightspace is an academic and corporate learning management platform. It provides core e-learning features, as well as mobile accessibility and granular personalization and analytics insights.
Reviewers rate Course catalog or library highest, with a score of 10.
The most common users of Brightspace are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Higher Education industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Making quizzes and tests.
- Adding and changing grades.
- Discussion participation
- Discussion managment
- Discussion grading
- The e-mail system is cumbersome on a mobile device.
- customizing course pages
- creating randomized assessments
- deleting content/modules and discussions
- The Discussions in 10.3 are very difficult to follow and grade from instructor perspective
- The customization of home pages and themes is difficult to manage for a typical instructor
- The Grade book is robust but very difficult to find all the settings in one location for typical instructor
- The built-in D2L email tool is very old and does not provide abilities found in new systems like Google.
- Setting up a gradebook takes a little bit of explanation. The Manage Grades screen is not intuitive. Most faculty are used to dealing with rows and columns (the Enter Grades screen). Once you get past this, grading is a snap. It just takes people a little explanation before they wrap their minds around it.
- Trying to grade discussions is a real chore. The latest releases do show better statistics (how many posts a student has read, authored, replied to) but once you drill into the screen where you enter the grades, all context is lost. A more integrated experience would be better here.
- Managing the course navigation bar should be easier. The latest versions updates are better than it used to be, but the navigation and themes screens need to be re-thought. How difficult should it be to create a custom link for your navbar?
- We were excited about the activities, rubrics, and competency tools. We have had nothing but frustration with them. Once you publish a rubric, it can never be edited again. You have to completely re-create it to make any changes--even if it has never been used (only published). Further, rubrics aren't available in places you need them -- and they don't show the students what most instructors would expect them to show. We've abandoned these tools until there is a real improvement (not just those promised by our D2L rep).
- Grading discussions
- Updating the gradebook
- Customizing nav bars
- Customizing course skin
- Setting up weighted grade categories
- Lot of clicks to navigate